• Advertisement

How are you feeling? (Emotionally)

Karen

Romantically conflicted and mentally sluggish.

It's like...I don't know if I can truly see myself with the dude that's trying to win me over. Sorta doesn't help that last night I had a dream involving a family friend I kinda have had a crush on before, and I remember the dream quite well; the two of us trying to have a nap together in the corner of a room during a casual small party, with my head on his chest facing his head as we gazed at each other. It's just weird is all, because I just cannot see it within myself. But...I at least wanna give the dude that's courting me a shot; he's blown me off once by not showing up due to a hangover, and while I don't completely trust him we're trying to arrange a "date" (of sorts) for next week where he's taking me to see A Star Is Born. So...I guess I'll find out then.

As for the sluggish part...I don't know, I just feel like I'm in a bit of a rut; I'm kinda down, and I'm not feeling up to do much. I just don't know what to do with my days...

Very, very pissed off at someone right now and feel a little down about it too.

So the guy who was trying to become boyfriends with me and I planned to see A Star Is Born together today for our first get-together (or "date", if one wanted to take it that way), and I've had this on my mind for like the past week, right? Of course, the actual date of this meet-up was negotiated within that period, not necessarily as soon as the idea was first pitched by him. And so, I've been anticipating this meet-up all week.

Then last night, I decide to message him asking him if we're still on for today, because obviously after the fact that he got drunk off his ass the night before we were supposed we meet up last time I am going to have my doubts, and I do not want to be standing around Romford like a moron waiting for the moment he tells me he's not going to make it. So, I asked him, and he responds that he's not sure "what [he's] gonna be doin", which I question because while I know he has a job as a bartender (his FB profile says otherwise funny enough but I digress) he'd explicitly told me a couple days ago that he had the day off on Wednesday - aka today - which was why we arranged this meet-up for this exact day in the first place (I have the week off anyway so it's no skin off my nose).

Now, my problem is that he doesn't give me an actual clear answer as to whether he's gonna be committed to meeting up or if he's gonna be a no-show. I'm a guy who likes all the details in order to get a clear picture (autism and OCD...what a wonderful pair!) but he leaves it with a half-assed "just dunno how my days going" which kinda sets me off to be honest, because it is so vague it's like...how in anyway does that actually help me understand anything.

So I question him and he has the audacity to call me "intense"! Like, no shit mate, I'm intense because I'm wondering whether we're still on for this and your answers do nothing to ease my confusion. Worst part is that I message him telling him to let me know my midday today if he can make it, because it was pretty late and I couldn't be asked to deal with this at like two in the morning. He leaves me hanging with that "intense" message, I must add.

Fast forward to literally right now. It's almost two in the afternoon, 35 minutes after the showtime for the viewing of the film we were meant to see today, and he still left me hanging with that "intense" comment! I messaged him once before midday just to kind of remind him I'm still waiting for an answer, and I don't think to call him because he might be busy on the off-chance. So I leave my phone (although not really; a group chat I'm in really got active around that time so I stuck around for that whilst waiting for the guy) and have my lunch at home, and it's nearing the time. He still hadn't said anything.

So I call him. And I find out why.

He blocked my number.

I can tell this by the timing of the call; it tries to ring but then immediately goes to say "Line busy". First time it happened, I thought nothing of it. Maybe he's busy or on the phone to someone else, I thought. But then I Google what 'Line busy' means just to ensure I'm right and I learn it can mean someone's blocked your number, so I gave it a while and I try calling him again, and it still came up as "Line busy". I haven't made much of an effort to leave the house because I think I can pretty much confirm he's blocked my number and wants nothing to do with me, but I am infuriated because if wanted to tell me he couldn't go through with it he could have just told me instead of having me find out like this. He hasn't made an effort of ask where I am now, so he must still have the number blocked, and in all honesty, I'm not going through the effort of making my way to the movie theater to find out if he's going to be like this to me.

So yeah. Fuck this guy.

And you know what's funny? I had my doubts about being in a relationship the entire time we've been courting. It only got worse on that Thursday we were first meant to meet up, because he knew we were supposed to meet then but he still went out, got drunk, and woke up an hour later than we were meant to meet up at the mall to message me saying he's a no-show. And I was already at the mall, so I just accepted his apology and did some literal retail therapy. I only gave him a second chance in spite of my own personal doubts because I at least wanted to try; he was literally the first guy I could've dated, and that was exciting and nerve-wracking in some aspects, but...alas, he's let me down, and it hurts all the more.

I do find it funny he blocked my number though; like, what did I actually do beside ask for some specific answers. A literal yes or no. That is all I wanted.

I know this is a pretty detailed and personal account of everything that happened to cause me to be pissed off, but I just had to get it all out there. Thanks for reading, everyone, and I apologize for making it as long as it is...

1 hour ago, LocalAquatic said:

Very, very pissed off at someone right now and feel a little down about it too.

So the guy who was trying to become boyfriends with me and I planned to see A Star Is Born together today for our first get-together (or "date", if one wanted to take it that way), and I've had this on my mind for like the past week, right? Of course, the actual date of this meet-up was negotiated within that period, not necessarily as soon as the idea was first pitched by him. And so, I've been anticipating this meet-up all week.

Then last night, I decide to message him asking him if we're still on for today, because obviously after the fact that he got drunk off his ass the night before we were supposed we meet up last time I am going to have my doubts, and I do not want to be standing around Romford like a moron waiting for the moment he tells me he's not going to make it. So, I asked him, and he responds that he's not sure "what [he's] gonna be doin", which I question because while I know he has a job as a bartender (his FB profile says otherwise funny enough but I digress) he'd explicitly told me a couple days ago that he had the day off on Wednesday - aka today - which was why we arranged this meet-up for this exact day in the first place (I have the week off anyway so it's no skin off my nose).

Now, my problem is that he doesn't give me an actual clear answer as to whether he's gonna be committed to meeting up or if he's gonna be a no-show. I'm a guy who likes all the details in order to get a clear picture (autism and OCD...what a wonderful pair!) but he leaves it with a half-assed "just dunno how my days going" which kinda sets me off to be honest, because it is so vague it's like...how in anyway does that actually help me understand anything.

So I question him and he has the audacity to call me "intense"! Like, no shit mate, I'm intense because I'm wondering whether we're still on for this and your answers do nothing to ease my confusion. Worst part is that I message him telling him to let me know my midday today if he can make it, because it was pretty late and I couldn't be asked to deal with this at like two in the morning. He leaves me hanging with that "intense" message, I must add.

Fast forward to literally right now. It's almost two in the afternoon, 35 minutes after the showtime for the viewing of the film we were meant to see today, and he still left me hanging with that "intense" comment! I messaged him once before midday just to kind of remind him I'm still waiting for an answer, and I don't think to call him because he might be busy on the off-chance. So I leave my phone (although not really; a group chat I'm in really got active around that time so I stuck around for that whilst waiting for the guy) and have my lunch at home, and it's nearing the time. He still hadn't said anything.

So I call him. And I find out why.

He blocked my number.

I can tell this by the timing of the call; it tries to ring but then immediately goes to say "Line busy". First time it happened, I thought nothing of it. Maybe he's busy or on the phone to someone else, I thought. But then I Google what 'Line busy' means just to ensure I'm right and I learn it can mean someone's blocked your number, so I gave it a while and I try calling him again, and it still came up as "Line busy". I haven't made much of an effort to leave the house because I think I can pretty much confirm he's blocked my number and wants nothing to do with me, but I am infuriated because if wanted to tell me he couldn't go through with it he could have just told me instead of having me find out like this. He hasn't made an effort of ask where I am now, so he must still have the number blocked, and in all honesty, I'm not going through the effort of making my way to the movie theater to find out if he's going to be like this to me.

So yeah. Fuck this guy.

And you know what's funny? I had my doubts about being in a relationship the entire time we've been courting. It only got worse on that Thursday we were first meant to meet up, because he knew we were supposed to meet then but he still went out, got drunk, and woke up an hour later than we were meant to meet up at the mall to message me saying he's a no-show. And I was already at the mall, so I just accepted his apology and did some literal retail therapy. I only gave him a second chance in spite of my own personal doubts because I at least wanted to try; he was literally the first guy I could've dated, and that was exciting and nerve-wracking in some aspects, but...alas, he's let me down, and it hurts all the more.

I do find it funny he blocked my number though; like, what did I actually do beside ask for some specific answers. A literal yes or no. That is all I wanted.

I know this is a pretty detailed and personal account of everything that happened to cause me to be pissed off, but I just had to get it all out there. Thanks for reading, everyone, and I apologize for making it as long as it is...

Good god, he's a jackass. You dodged a bullet imo.

Conflicted, a little hopeless on the side. I find myself being heavily resistant to a sudden possible (and more than likely, permanent) change of scenery even though it would probably do me some good. I don't know what I want. I never thought things would come to this five years ago.

Pretty accomplished; my most recent fanfic on Archive Of Our Own - a 3,000+ word Tony Stark/T'Challa story - is a little over two days old now, and has already become my most viewed fic ever, as well as the fic with the most Kudos. It is so close to becoming my most-Bookmarked fic, too! So, yeah, this has put me in a good mood, plus it's a nice push to do more fanfic stuff, because my writer's block has been awful as of late.

I'm finally on Thanksgiving break now and I got Seasons 1 and 2 of the anime, Squid Girl on Blu-Ray for only 14 bucks. Oh, and did I mention, it was originally 100 bucks? So I feel awesome today. I wish for more days like this in my life.