• Advertisement

Unpopular opinions you have

E.V.I.L.

1 hour ago, Old Man Jenkins said:

Since a lot of people I know either don't like it or have an opinion of it, I loved The Wild Thornberrys.

You're not totally alone, I liked it as a kid and think it's held up fairly well too.

Ooh boy, do I have a lot of these. 

• The live action/CGI Alvin and the Chipmunks movies are the best things to come out of the franchise. Also, Chipwrecked is the best film out of all of them. 
  • Poof was a great addition to the Fairly OddParents and I like the episodes after his birth better than the ones before it. 
  • "One Coarse Meal" wasn't a particularly good episode, but I have to admit that I found the suicide joke everyone's complaining about to be hilarious. 
  • Another thing SpongeBob fans often complain about...Squid Abuse. This can get pretty grating at times, but it can also be hilarious (and often is). 
  • The Looney Tunes Show is by far the best incarnation of the Looney Tunes. Yes, even better than the originals shorts (which really aren't anywhere as good as people make them out to be). 
  • Teen Titans Go! is one of the funniest comedies I've ever seen and is the best show currently on television. Sometimes it seems like the writers are trying too hard to be weird but when they get things right, they really get it right. And unlike lots of people, I never feel like the show gets too mean-spirited. Now, please note that I'm not saying the show doesn't get mean-spirited because it does (and trust me, they can get really fucking mean in this show). I'm just saying it never gets too mean-spirited for me to find it unfunny. Keep in mind that I love both mean-spirited and black comedy. 
  • Lucy is an absolutely horrendous film. The main character of the movie's a Mary Sue. Not to mention she's an asshole. And I can't take it. I feel no sympathy for this character. I hate her. The characters in Teen Titans Go! are assholes too, but it works there because it's a comedy. Lucy on the other hand, is meant to be taken seriously and I just can't do that with its' nonsensical plot and terrible writing. 
  • The Sonic Boom designs are all much better than the designs for the main series. Sonic looks much better with blue arms. He should've always been drawn that way. 
  • That said, I have to admit that Amy's character in the main series is much better written than her counterpart in Sonic Boom.
  • Adventure Time and Regular Show are both terrible TV shows. 
  • Both Bowling For Soup and Simple Plan are great bands. Sorry, SB Community users. I know you don't like those two. 

3 hours ago, travisplatypus said:

• The live action/CGI Alvin and the Chipmunks movies are the best things to come out of the franchise. Also, Chipwrecked is the best film out of all of them. 
  • Poof was a great addition to the Fairly OddParents and I like the episodes after his birth better than the ones before it. 
  • "One Coarse Meal" wasn't a particularly good episode, but I have to admit that I found the suicide joke everyone's complaining about to be hilarious. 
  • Another thing SpongeBob fans often complain about...Squid Abuse. This can get pretty grating at times, but it can also be hilarious (and often is). 
  • The Looney Tunes Show is by far the best incarnation of the Looney Tunes. Yes, even better than the originals shorts (which really aren't anywhere as good as people make them out to be). 
  • Teen Titans Go! is one of the funniest comedies I've ever seen and is the best show currently on television. Sometimes it seems like the writers are trying too hard to be weird but when they get things right, they really get it right. And unlike lots of people, I never feel like the show gets too mean-spirited. Now, please note that I'm not saying the show doesn't get mean-spirited because it does (and trust me, they can get really fucking mean in this show). I'm just saying it never gets too mean-spirited for me to find it unfunny. Keep in mind that I love both mean-spirited and black comedy. 
  • Lucy is an absolutely horrendous film. The main character of the movie's a Mary Sue. Not to mention she's an asshole. And I can't take it. I feel no sympathy for this character. I hate her. The characters in Teen Titans Go! are assholes too, but it works there because it's a comedy. Lucy on the other hand, is meant to be taken seriously and I just can't do that with its' nonsensical plot and terrible writing. 
  • The Sonic Boom designs are all much better than the designs for the main series. Sonic looks much better with blue arms. He should've always been drawn that way. 
  • That said, I have to admit that Amy's character in the main series is much better written than her counterpart in Sonic Boom.
  • Both Bowling For Soup and Simple Plan are great bands. Sorry, SB Community users. I know you don't like those two. 

The Fairly Odd Parents and Looney Tunes ones are probably the most unpopular opinions I've seen in this thread. I don't think I've ever encountered anyone that thinks the original Looney Tunes show "wasn't anywhere near as good as people make them out to be" and I don't know anyone that would pick a post-Poof episode as opposed to, like, Channel Chasers or the Halloween special.

30 minutes ago, terminoob said:

The Fairly Odd Parents and Looney Tunes ones are probably the most unpopular opinions I've seen in this thread. I don't think I've ever encountered anyone that thinks the original Looney Tunes show "wasn't anywhere near as good as people make them out to be" and I don't know anyone that would pick a post-Poof episode as opposed to, like, Channel Chasers or the Halloween special.

Oh, trust me. I have loads more. Those were just the ones I was able to think of at the moment. But I've noticed that a lot of the so-called "unpopular opinions" in this thread are actually extremely popular. So I decided to give some actual unpopular ones. 

You know, I like the original Looney Tunes shorts. But too many people act like they're these huge masterpieces when they're really just 7 minutes of slapstick comedy. A lot of the shows nowadays beat them in comedy - A lot of Looney Tunes' own reboots easily beat their source material. The Looney Tunes Show, Wabbit, and Back In Action are all much funnier in my opinion. 

As for Fairly OddParents, those episodes are great. I really love the specials. But I like the newer ones more. I'd much rather watch "Fairly OddBaby" or "Timmy's Secret Wish!" over "Channel Chasers". For the half-hour specials, I'd much prefer to watch "School Of Crock" (a Poof-centered episode) over "Scary Godparents". 

I don't like "Transformers Prime". Frankly, it's a show that I felt complicated things too much, tried cramming in too much, and then have a kind of half-assed ending. I mean I'm one for complex storytelling, however this show is too complex to the point where I need more time to absorb whatever's going on. Not cool. That said, I liked the cliffhanger from the season 2 finale as we're not 100% sure what happens to Optimus after HQ is blown up. That said for season 3, for a season called "Beast Hunters", there was sure a lack of tracking down any Predacons, especially when THEY ONLY MADE ONE PREDACON (Predaking). Yes I get that the show tried developing Predaking, but why not develop other Predacons while you're at it? It'd get things going like a race car rather than a slow tugboat. Sure there were more Predacons in the movie, however they should've been abundant throughout season 3. Frankly if the crew made a few changes, I might've liked TF Prime and it wouldn't have been such a clutter. But as it stands, it's just half-baked.

Edited by illiniguy34

Guest hilaryfan80
11 hours ago, travisplatypus said:

Teen Titans Go! is one of the funniest comedies I've ever seen and is the best show currently on television.

Are you asking to get shot?! We've had times in the Xat where we laughed about how awful that show is. (D)

My "unpopular opinion" is that I don't really have a strong opinion either way about Teen Titans Go. I've watched it a few times while babysitting and while it's certainly not great, it doesn't actively annoy me. (Okay, the soccer episode where they all scream GOOOOOOAAAALL may have given me a headache.) But there are worse kids' shows out there.

On November 15, 2015 5:43:19 PM, travisplatypus said:

*raises hand, slowly puts it down*

Ahh, why should I care, it's your opinion. God on you kid for making some dang unpopular opinions without being scared. Kudos to you.

From one "Star" to another, I've never had much interest in "Star Trek". I've seen both Abrams movies and maybe a few episodes of the show, but it's never been something I follow and probably never will. That said, ever since grade school, everyone I know including myself does the Mr. Spock peace sign to each other. So, "live long and prosper" then.

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

I couldn't give less shits about Harry Potter, whether it be the books or the movies

Same. I tried reading the first book but just couldn't get into it. The movies were better but not by much.

Guest hilaryfan80
15 hours ago, travisplatypus said:

what the hell is the xat 

sounds like a cult 

It's an unofficial chatroom we have on SBC. :) 

On 11/15/2015, 2:43:19, travisplatypus said:

Much as I do not agree with these (except the last one, I legitimately think BFS is good and SP's a guilty pleasure), this is some legit unpopular stuff and you deserve major kudos. The most unpopular opinion I can think of is one most people on this site wouldn't even relate to...

I like Final Fantasy II much better than the original Final Fantasy counting both the original games and remakes.

17 hours ago, Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick said:

Are you asking to get shot?! We've had times in the Xat where we laughed about how awful that show is. (D)

I don't think you can't really argue with unpopular opinions being what they are. (probs unless you want an explanation about one.) :P

Guest hilaryfan80
Just now, Steel Sponge said:

I don't think you can't really argue with unpopular opinions being what they are. (probs unless you want an explanation about one.) :P

I was only joking. I know they're not arguable. (smirk)