• Advertisement

Unpopular opinions you have

E.V.I.L.

On November 16, 2015 at 10:44:04 PM, travisplatypus said:

the unofficial teen titans go hating cult chatroom? 

Shoot.  You put the puzzle pieces together.  Abort the XAT everyone.  Abort.

On 11/16/2015, 6:18:03, katnisslovestacos said:

I don't really have an interest in Star Wars. I know the characters from pop culture but I've never seen a film in full and I don't have a desire to see The Force Awakens.

I tried watching the first one but never bothered to finish it. Not that it was bad or anything. There were classic scenes and shit but I wasn't in the mood to finish the whole thing. Perhaps I'll try again another time.

Speaking of classic movies, I couldn't understand the appeal of Pulp Fiction for some reason. It was kind of boring and the plot was so confusing, I know i should have paid more attention but the plot was a little all over the place, I dunno. I need to watch it again one day to understand what's so great about it.

51 minutes ago, WhoBob said:

Speaking of classic movies, I couldn't understand the appeal of Pulp Fiction for some reason. It was kind of boring and the plot was so confusing, I know i should have paid more attention but the plot was a little all over the place, I dunno. I need to watch it again one day to understand what's so great about it.

Lol well there lies your problem.  You weren't giving the movie your full divided attention.  It's an intersecting storyline with a far different narrative in comparison.  It's not an easy film to follow if you aren't fully invested in it.  It's purposely "all over the place" because of the structure it is written in.

2 hours ago, WhoBob said:

I'm not the biggest fan of Pulp Fiction either, but I was able to follow the plot of it just fine. Claps is right, its style of storytelling is just different. The problem I had with it was just too many scenes that felt dragged out and it got tedious to me. I honestly prefer Reservoir Dogs.

8 hours ago, Clappy said:

Lol well there lies your problem.  You weren't giving the movie your full divided attention.  It's an intersecting storyline with a far different narrative in comparison.  It's not an easy film to follow if you aren't fully invested in it.  It's purposely "all over the place" because of the structure it is written in.

I can see. I wasn't really invested in film but I'm planning to rewatch it again.

The earlier versions of the Merrie Melodies theme ("Merrily We Roll Along" is the original song) are way better than the later brassed up versions, especially the one that I always hear on the Blue Ribbon reissued shorts. I just think they sound a lot more powerful and interesting going through the ones from the 1930s and early 40s. I also like how it's easier to hear the percussion instruments in those and I think that's where some of that feeling comes from. 

Edited by Sailor Man

I personally enjoyed Total Drama All-Stars. Yeah, I know All-Stars gets a lot hatrid for it's storylines and I can understand. I didn't like most of storylines or what they have done with characters either but I really enjoyed watching challenges and I definetly dug for Mal and Al storylines. I'm not saying the season was good but I enjoyed watching it and I prefer it over Action.

I don't care for Queen and I don't really like Freddy Mercury's vocals. And this is coming from a guy who actually likes Tom DeLonge's vocals. 

Pre-Sing The Sorrow AFI is some of my favorite punk music to listen to. Black Sails In The Sunset and The Art Of Drowning are freaking masterpieces.

I think people who complain about the current generation are irritating and are just negative. I'm sure previous generations looked down upon them and I'm sure at least some of us will complain about 2020 or 2030's kids. :/

I also believe that there is a limit people can take with their interests. Not saying being a fan of something is bad, but if it gets to the point that where it's everything you think about it or if your life revolves around it, it's gotten unhealthy.

• Like 1

Rewatching the old Star Wars trilogy, I finds them to be rather bland now. I like the general concept, but the setting, plot, and sometimes the characters just feels uninteresting. I enjoyed watching the prequels better because I liked the general atmosphere and plot to be more interesting (the Clone Wars CGI series also helps), the acting on the other hand...

7 hours ago, The Drifter said:

Rewatching the old Star Wars trilogy, I finds them to be rather bland now. I like the general concept, but the setting, plot, and sometimes the characters just feels uninteresting. I enjoyed watching the prequels better because I liked the general atmosphere and plot to be more interesting (the Clone Wars CGI series also helps), the acting on the other hand...

That has to be the most unpopular opinion ever :funny: 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Drifter said:

I'm not even a diehard Star Wars fan, and dayum.

I like The Looney Tunes Show more than Wabbit. Wabbit can be okay at times, but it's so fucking bland. TLTS was at least interesting because it had more Looney Tunes characters while Wabbit, on the other hand, only had Yosemite, Wile, and Tazmanian Devil. They said that they would make an appearance in the future, but I have yet to see Daffy, Elmer Fudd (who basically coined the show name), Porky, or any other characters appear. While there are a few problems with TLTS, I still find it to be a decent show and I don't think it deserves the hate it gets.