• Advertisement

Unpopular opinions you have

E.V.I.L.

On June 15, 2016 at 9:58 AM, Dr. WhoBob said:

People need to stop worrying that FOX's X-Men franchise is doomed and they need to stop trying to come with ideas of how they can save the franchise just because they disliked X-Men Apocalyse. Look, I can see why people are disappointed with the movie but the franchise is not ruined for goodness sake. It's just one movie and previous two films, Fist Class and Days of Future Past have met high praise (heck, DOTP is considered as one of the best superhero movies ever). I still have faith in the crew that next X-Men movie will be great, they just need more time to make it because it kind of seem like FOX kind of rushed Apocalypse (I could be wrong tho) and it probably must be hard for Singer to make Apocalypse just as strong as FC and DOFP. I also think (spoilers for X-Men Apocalypse)

Hide contents

remaking Dark Phoenix Saga and introducting Sinister (it's a hidden reference if you see the end credit scene of Apocalypse) to big screen would be an excellent idea and could be a good way to take a break from overrused "discrimination" theme in the series.

And no, MCU should not get the rights of X-Men and reboot the entire thing, not only that rebooting X-Men for 2nd time with brand new actors would feel tiresome, I still think FOX is a right place for it cuz FOX's X-Men is more mature than MCU movies imo.

I respect your opinion.  I may have been frustratingly disappointed with Apocalypse, but the franchise isn't doomed.  And I haven't seen a single person say they should go back to Disney.  If there are, then they are ridiculously overreacting.  That isn't going to happen.   

But...that bold part.  Please explain how the Fox X-Men movies are more mature than the MCU.  If you mean due to the fact that they are willing to make R rated source material like Deadpool and now the new Wolverine, then sure by that technicality, it is "more mature".  

But when it comes to dealing with actual mature subject matter, you are very much incorrect.  All the X-Men movies deal with the same universal theme deep down.  "Life is hard being a mutant."  Even in their R rated raunchy action movie, it's still deep down about how hard it is for Wade Wilson to live a normal life after what happened to him.  It's not really a groundbreaking subject matter anymore sixteen years later.  Meanwhile, the MCU has shown in recent years that they can actually tackle far more mature subject matter than anyone expects them to be lately.  I'm not saying the MCU doesn't deal with the same subject matters often too, but if anything, they are at least trying more so than the X-Men movies to dive into far more mature themes.

1 hour ago, Clappy said:

I respect your opinion.  I may have been frustratingly disappointed with Apocalypse, but the franchise isn't doomed.  And I haven't seen a single person say they should go back to Disney.  If there are, then they are ridiculously overreacting.  That isn't going to happen.   

But...that bold part.  Please explain how the Fox X-Men movies are more mature than the MCU.  If you mean due to the fact that they are willing to make R rated source material like Deadpool and now the new Wolverine, then sure by that technicality, it is "more mature".  

But when it comes to dealing with actual mature subject matter, you are very much incorrect.  All the X-Men movies deal with the same universal theme deep down.  "Life is hard being a mutant."  Even in their R rated raunchy action movie, it's still deep down about how hard it is for Wade Wilson to live a normal life after what happened to him.  It's not really a groundbreaking subject matter anymore sixteen years later.  Meanwhile, the MCU has shown in recent years that they can actually tackle far more mature subject matter than anyone expects them to be lately.  I'm not saying the MCU doesn't deal with the same subject matters often too, but if anything, they are at least trying more so than the X-Men movies to dive into far more mature themes.

Ok what i meant was that it seems more serious, even if it has same old "life is hard being mutant" thing, MCU does tackle serious stuff for sure but it's also pretty goofy, which isn't bad at all. X-Men, while still tons of fun, doesn't seem so comedic for me most part (excluding quicksilver and deadpool) and often takes itself seriously imo and it's more violent than MCU. What I mean is that the tone would be different and strange for me if it was in MCU.

My least favorite song off Pinkerton is El Scorcho. It isn't a bad song though, and it may not even be unpopular opinion because it's probably the most famous song off Pinkerton. It's not bad though. And before you ask, personally a tie between Butterfly and Across The Sea from that album are my favorites.

3 hours ago, CyanideFishbone said:

My least favorite song off Pinkerton is El Scorcho. It isn't a bad song though, and it may not even be unpopular opinion because it's probably the most famous song off Pinkerton. It's not bad though. And before you ask, personally a tie between Butterfly and Across The Sea from that album are my favorites.

I can sorta get where you're coming from. It has a really lazy and slacker-ish vibe that puts me off when I'm in the wrong mood.

I honestly believe that Secret Mountain Fort Awesome and Uncle Grandpa are great shows and don't really deserve the hate that they got. It could be that it's because I'm not a snob, but I usually find stupid shows like those so charming. Not every show has to be smart to be good.

The Critic did not age well for me. I just find it completely meh re-watching it.

As Told by Ginger is not the worst Klasky-Csupo cartoon. (Pre-School Daze says hi.)

The Exorcist was a good movie but I really couldn't stand watching couple scenes due to how gross they were, especially that famous puke in the face scene, which I found more disgusting than scary. Still I liked it enough but not really one of my favorite horror movies.

On 5/29/2016 at 1:53 AM, Teamwork said:

I think Trump will win the election.

I still think he will. I think there are less Trump haters than we think there are. Remember there are a lot of Americans who are either silent on their political views or don't really care much.

Plus, I think the leaked emails, the DNC leaks and terrorism are bumping up Trump's chances. Remember he's as outrageous as he is because of the political environment we're in. 

I know I joke a lot about being drunk af when i am tired, but in reality, the concept of alcohol and being drunk makes me really uncomfortable. Maybe it's just because I have a muslim upbringing and I have had the no alcohol spiel shoved down my throat but whenever people in my school just casually tell me that they got drunk over the weekend I am just.... idk. =/ Like theres so much potential for shit to go wrong and idk I just really hate the idea of having something that alters my mind beyond my control. I don't understand why its such a popular thing and considered a social norm to get drunk. *shrug* 

• Like 3

I don't think Nirvana is that great. *runs away to escape the backlash I'll inevitaBly receive*

Edit: lmao I realize this makes me sound like I hate Nirvana and idk why I even said this considering I don't listen to a lot of their songs :Laugh: But I do respect what they did for 90s music and Smells Like Teen Spirit is good. 

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 1

I think all religion is inherently terrible, and while I don't hate the people who follow religion, I do hate the ideology and the concept itself. I honestly believe it has contributed mostly negatively to the world and I think it's fine to criticize religion as long as you don't attack the people who follow it.