• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Best Episodes Ever 2018!

Wumbo

Man, this episode is crazy from start to finish. I enjoy that creative yet completely absurd way Mr. Krabs gets incapacitated (“GET AWAY, YE BARBARIAN!”) and how eager both Squidward and SpongeBob are to see him gone. But from there, the internal conflict is what gets me wrapped up in this episode every time. I love how Squidward has this sort of paternal instinct over SpongeBob that morphs into this crazed, paranoid rambling. His worries go from things like making change all the way to this nonsensical conspiracy about spying, and it’s absolutely classic. “Have you finished those errands?” is a great way to tie the madness altogether. The outlandish fantasies Squidward has, the voice that keeps multiplying on itself, and Rodger Bumpass’ voice acting all come together beautifully to paint this massively grand image of Squidward going completely crazy. I appreciate how calm the ending is after Squidward delivers that crazed monologue, too. It’s a warm and cute respite from all the insane yelling.

50. ???

49. ???

48. ???

47. ???

46. ???

45. ???

44. ???

43. ???

42. ???

41. ???

40. ???

39. ???

38. ???

37. ???

36. ???

35. ???

34. ???

33. ???

32. ???

31. ???

30. ???

29. ???

28. ???

27. ???

26. ???

25. ???

24. ???

23. ???

22. ???

21. ???

20. ???

19. ???

18. ???

17. Squid's Day Off (#43)

16. ???

15. ???

14. Valentine's Day (#50)

13. ???

12. ???

11. ???

10. ???

9. ???

8. ???

7. ???

6. ???

5. ???

4. My Pretty Seahorse (#46)

3. ???

2. ???

1. ???

Not on List:

Rock Bottom (#49)

F.U.N. (#48)

Squidville (#47)

The Great Snail Race (#45)

The Fry Cook Games (#44)

Here's the first episode on the countdown that actually DID make my list, at #21! I've always loved this episode. It really does give us a great look into Squidward's psyche, and SpongeBob repeatedly saying "Have you finished those errands?" is one of my favorite repetitive gags on the show. It's incredibly hilarious since a lot of it is in Squidward's imagination. Overall, just a amazingly brilliant episode, and I'm happy that it's the first episode on my list that made the countdown! :)

• Like 1

Squid's Day-Off is funniest episode i had, and it was something Squiodward kept worrying about Krustyy Krab under SB watching it while he took a day off. it's funny to see whenever he worried that kept preventing him not to come back only to realize open sign been closed this whole time :P Overall, one of good monent from s2 for me.

I'm REALLY surprised "Squid's Day Off" didn't make my list! o.o It's really comic, really funny, and really well done! :cool: It really sets up Squidward's underlying paranoia, that Spongebob will SOMEHOW destroy the Krusty Krab! :rolleyes: Which, as much as Squidward would never WANT to admit, he actually NEEDS! This paranoia actually DRIVES Squidward from WANTING to have something go wrong, to just EXPECTING that Spongebob will do something wrong, to outright hallucinating that Spongebob IS doing something wrong, to inevitably being proven wrong, in the most comedic and hilarious way possible! :hysterical: It kind of makes me wonder how good the OTHER episodes have to be in order to beat THIS one! :D Enough said! ;)

oh oops lmao i meant to put this at 18 on my list but i accidentally wrote squid on strike instead. fun fact, the end scene where squidward deflates creeped me out a lot as a wee lad

42. "As if the answers to all your problems will fall right out of the sky!"

Image result for club spongebob

Club SpongeBob, 74 points

(6 of 32 lists. Highest Ranking: #5, Clappy)

http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Club_SpongeBob

Clappy: Here’s a tricky episode to really judge in this day and age of SpongeBob.  A lot of people are quick to point out how overdone Squidward abuse is in the modern day episodes.  But let’s be honest now.  It was like that in the nostalgic era of the series too.  But with a huge difference.

Back then, Squidward’s actions caused him to suffer later on in those eleven minutes.  And to be fair, plenty of times it was justifiably entertaining. Case in point, Club SpongeBob.  Plenty of episodes on my own top list are technically better, but this is without a doubt one of the funniest in the series to me. And most of the jokes are at Squidward’s expense.  I can’t help but laugh at Squidward’s suffering and partially is due to him being a loveable ass.  Let’s really think about it:

-Who forcefully made his way into that treehouse?

-Who’s fault was it that they ended up being launched into the woods in the first place?

-Who didn’t believe in the Magic Conch?

Yeah you can argue that it’s just as much SpongeBob and Patrick’s fault, but at the end of the day, Squidward was being an ass and got his comeuppance and turned a new leaf at the very end because he saw what happened when he was acting the way he did.

Otherwise, when jokes weren’t being made at Squidward’s expense, this episode is just damn funny in general.  SpongeBob and Patrick were a riot with their made up language and club rituals, the park ranger being as naive as those two, and hell this episode made me want a magic conch for myself when I was a kid.

Like I stated earlier, there are more perfect episodes on this list, but if you’d rank episodes on how greatly entertaining they are, this is definitely one of the best the series has to offer.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

The Magic Conch is such an excellent plot device that I'm kind of surprised it hasn't been brought back for another episode with the slew of sequels we've been seeing as of late.

Club SpongeBob is one of those episodes where the torment Squidward faces is written in a way where the only character you can direct your malice to is an automated-response bearing conch as opposed to one of the characters who is meant to be our protagonists, something that immediately gives it a leg-up in comparison with other episodes of this caliber that fail in this area. Something else of here is that the torment Squidward faces is well-written without getting lost in mean-spirited meandering. Squidward eventually coming around and praising the magic conch while doing "nothing" with the rest of the cast at the end is also hilarious. In general, I've always seen this as the funnier, stronger version of The Camping Episode that deserves the same praise.

• Like 3

I always felt like Club SpongeBob was a great episode for its humor and the story and the location were superb but If there's one thing I don't like is Squidward being starved. Yeah, how they got to the forest was all Squidward's fault and Squidward did make fun of SpongeBob and Patrick for not having dinner but he didn't need to starve. I felt that punishment was a bit too much. Other than that, the episode was pretty funny for a Squidward abuse episode.

I couldn't think of anything serious to say about the episodes so I'll just be giving some silly thoughts. 

Valentine's Day - This is a good episode because it has chocolate in it, and chocolate is delicious. It didn't make my list because Patrick ate too much chocolate in that episode, and chocolate is really unhealthy for you.

Rock Bottom - It is a very educational episode. It teaches kids to trust strangers. It didn't make my list because it didn't quite rock my bottom.

F.U.N. - This is a very F.U.N. episode. It didn't make my list because the episode wasn't that F.U.N.

Squidville - I love this episode because it actually made my list. But that typo of "reef blower" instead of "leaf blower" makes me see darkness.

My Pretty Seahorse - It's alright I suppose. It didn't make my list because the seahorse killed someone, and that is very inappropriate for children.

The Great Snail Race - It was a great episode, but it wasn't a great snail race since a rock won, so that means the episode is clickbait, hence why it didn't make my list.

The Fry Cook Games - This episode made me hungry. So I went and got 20 big macs and forgot to put it on my list.

Squid's Day Off - It sucks. 1. Squidward never finished his errands, and that teaches kids to be lazy. 2. Squidward didn't take a day off since he kept coming back to work. Even more clickbaity than Great Snail Race.

Club SpongeBob - I wanted a magic conch shell after watching it, but they don't exist. No appearing on the list for you for tricking me. 

Spoiler

1. ???

2. ???

3. ???

4. ???

5. ???

6. ???

7. Squidville (#47)

8. ???

9. ???

10. ???

11. ???

12. ???

13. ???

14. ???

15. ???

16. ???

17. ???

18. ???

19. ???

20. ???

21. ???

22. ???

23. ???

24. ???

25. ???

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • God Himself 3

I don't care for this episode that much on it making the list or not but it was funny how it weng from 5th in 2013 to 38th in 2015 and didn't make it on at all last time and was really rooting for it to either not show or inexplicably rise back to the top 25.

• Confused 2

Haven’t been online in the past few days, but that commentary spot was reserved for me.  Should be added in shortly though.  Sorry for the delay guys.

• Thanks 1

Club SpongeBob is an excellent and underrated episode! The magic conch is just awesome, the humor in general is great, and the location is awesome as well! It may not have scratched my list, but it's still a great episode that I'm glad to see has made 

I love the Magic Conch. It seems to function as its own character throughout the whole stay in the forest, all while carrying this amazing, otherworldly presence. I enjoy that moment where it gains sentience and starts talking back to Squidward. “Can I have something to eat?” “Nooo.” Squidward himself is great as well. I find it funny how he can’t control his own hubris, which is what causes the whole situation to begin with. He also seems to have a slow descent into madness here, too. His annoyance at the Conch keeps ramping up more and more up until he sees that park ranger, and then he just completely gives up. Not only is it hilarious, but it gives sort of a sinister vibe to the Conch.

50. ???

49. ???

48. ???

47. ???

46. ???

45. ???

44. ???

43. ???

42. ???

41. ???

40. ???

39. ???