• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Best Episodes Ever 2018!

Wumbo

Apprantantly I forgot to post my list of where Club Spongebob is, so...

Valentine's Day (#50) 

Squid's Day Off (#43)

The Great Snail Race (#45) (Might be higher but whatever)

Rock Bottom (#49) 

The Fry Cook Games (#44)

50: ???

49: Club Spongebob (#42)

48: ???

47: ???

46: My Pretty Seahorse (#46)

45: ??? 

44: ???

43: ???

42: ???

41: ???

40: ???

39: ???

38: ???

37: Squidville (#47)

36: ???

35: ???

34: ???

33: ???

32: ???

31: ???

30: ???

29: ???

28: ???

27: F.U.N (#48)

26: ???

25: ???

24: ???

23: ???

22: ???

21: ???

20: ???

19: ???

18: ???

17: ???

16: ???

15: ???

14: ???

13: ???

12: ???

11: ???

10: ???

9: ???

8: ???

7: ???

6: ???

5: ???

4: ???

3: ???

2: ???

1: ???

4/50, 0/25

41. "This isn't me millionth dollar. This is an ordinary dollar that's been crumpled up, torn slightly, soaked in the lagoon, and kissed with Coral Blue #2 Semi-Gloss Lipstick!"

Image result for clams spongebob

Clams, 75 points

(6 of 32 lists. Highest Ranking: #3, Wendy the Witch)

http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Clams

homie: here is my tired rant at 2am about why clams is so good 

It's no secret at this point that Mr. Krabs is my favorite SpongeBob character, and if there's anything that's going to make me like an episode of the show, it's a well-written episode starring him. Much of what I like about Mr. Krabs isn't exclusive to his character, but instead based on the interactions he has with the other two members of the Krusty Crew. Squidward and SpongeBob alike have always made for incredible characters to bounce off of their boss when they're written correctly (ahem,) and Clams is one of the most shining examples of these interactions. The dynamic that the three of them share is explored wonderfully while all the while switching up the usual Krusty Krab episode setting for something fresh and therefore giving the characters something new to do and new boundaries to explore. A few things to love about this episode-- Mr. Krabs earning his millionth dollar, SpongeBob's coral blue lipstick, the blatantly fake dollar that they try to pass off as the original, SpongeBob using Squidward's clarinet to unclog his toilet, Krabs knowing the symbolism behind a 4/4 string ostinato in D minor, and perhaps the shows most as-hilarious-as-it-is-horrifying ending. 

jjs: Clams just barely scratched my top ten, making it at #11 on my list. This episode has always been a rather fun one for me, and is without a doubt one of my favorite Mr. Krabs centric episodes from the pre-movie era. While the concept of it is very silly, I really feel for Krabs in his quest to get his millionth dollar back, since he's still very likable here. Squidward and SpongeBob's bond with Mr. Krabs is shown nicely here, which shows with how worried the two are when Krabs gets eaten by the clam. The Jaws references with the giant clam are a nice touch, and really give this episode its own entertaining identity. There's a lot of funny moments too, such as: "Nothing, now GET OUT!" in the beginning, Mr. Krabs doing this, the live-action orchestra, the semi-gloss lipstick gag, a lot of the antics on the S.S. Cheapskate, and the ending. Overall, a very great and fun episode for me.

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 7

Crazy Mr. Krabs is brilliant. I love how his madness seems to occur throughout the entire episode, starting with his total ecstasy at the beginning while everyone just watches awkwardly. But during the last third, I adore how he slowly descends into madness and becomes a serious threat. The sandwich threat mixed with his erratic behavior create such a horrifying mood. My favorite scene of his has to be when he casually conducts that orchestra (amazing running gag, btw) while trying to lure the clam over to the “live bait.” “Keep thrashing, he likes it!” Squidward is also pretty great too. I like those scenic places he suggests at the beginning until it segues right into more of Krabs’ more grimey aesthetic, and how he and SpongeBob become terrified of Mr. Krabs and his craziness. Some of his quotes are nice too, like his retort “A very dirty dollar.” and “And to think I could be wearing a powdered wig right now.”

50. ???

49. ???

48. ???

47. ???

46. ???

45. ???

44. ???

43. ???

42. ???

41. ???

40. ???

39. ???

38. ???

37. ???

36. ???

35. ???

34. ???

33. ???

32. ???

31. Clams (#41)

30. ???

29. ???

28. ???

27. ???

26. ???

25. ???

24. ???

23. ???

22. ???

21. ???

20. ???

19. ???

18. ???

17. Squid's Day Off (#43)

16. ???

15. ???

14. Valentine's Day (#50)

13. ???

12. ???

11. ???

10. ???

9. ???

8. ???

7. ???

6. ???

5. ???

4. My Pretty Seahorse (#46)

3. ???

2. ???

1. ???

Not on List:

Rock Bottom (#49)

F.U.N. (#48)

Squidville (#47)

The Great Snail Race (#45)

The Fry Cook Games (#44)

Club SpongeBob (#42)

• Like 3

Clams missed my list but it is one of the best Mr. Krabs episodes ever. This was a creative and fun use of Mr. Krabs' money obsession. Making The Jaws parody was genius and you don't even need to see the movie to appreciate the comedy of this episode. Mr. Krabs' slowly ongoing madness was used well and SpongeBob and Squidward being concerned with Mr. Krabs' situation made it better. Oh and Mr. Krabs is such a crybaby, it's amazing. 

Clams has been hovering around my top 15 for a few years now, it's in the top 5 Krabs episodes for sure and turns his greed into a funny way of desperation unlike any episode except for One Krabs Trash. I'm glad at least one of them made the list.

Unpopular opinion time, "Club Spongebob" is OVER-RATED; "Clams" is an okay episode, just not top 25 list material from my personal perspective. Hopefully, there will be much better episode segments on this list that will make up for those two appearing on this list. (Waits to see how many people give me a "Meh" reaction for THIS opinion!) :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

40. "Look at that buck-toothed, corn-fed smile. You can't trust him as far as you can throw him."

Image result for employee of the month spongebob

Employee of the Month, 77 points

(6 of 32 lists. Highest Ranking: #5, RDSP)

http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Employee_of_the_Month

OWM: Man, this episode is just packed with action. The competition between SpongeBob and Squidward is so intense and they both have a different reaction to it. Squidward initially tries to play it off as pointless, but soon he goes into full competition once he realizes he can show up SpongeBob and prove him lesser than him. SpongeBob is initially friendly about it, but only starts fighting once Squidward’s victory will threaten his place as best worker. Those two attitudes combined make things really start ramping up. It’s nerve-racking to see SpongeBob sneak inside the house to try to reset that clock. The race to get to the Krusty Krab is the central highlight of the episode, though. I love the taunting and hubris mixed in with it too. It starts off with some traps, each of which are insanely creative and varied. But the jewel of this episode has got to be the climax. The escalation into dragging around boats and anchors is preposterous enough, but then the two start reasoning a little, which could have been a nice, sweet moment. And then it goes RIGHT back to the two in this mad dash to outdo each other. Mr. Krabs is just stuck in the middle of watching his crazed employees destroy the entire restaurant as Twelfth Street Rag keeps getting crazier and more frantic, and it’s absolutely fantastic. It was also a good idea to have an ambiguous ending too. We should never truly find out who won that day.

RDSP: Employee of the Month is one of those episodes that mainly thrives off its premise in order to do well throughout. Spongebob, afraid that Squidward is going to take his place on the wall, stops at nothing to keep Squidward from taking his place, while Squidward eventually takes part. Their rivalry throughout the second half of the episode is what picks this episode up from the somewhat slow beginning; Spongebob and Squidward, evenly matched, try to keep each other away from the Krusty Krab using various tactics and eventually try to show off to Mr. Krabs, only to do badly due to sleep deprivation. Many of the jokes in this episode hit well, from the Krabby Patty splattering onto Squidward to the whole scene near the end with Spongebob and Squidward showing off to Mr. Krabs. All of these factors come together to make a great and rather underrated episode.

• Like 5
  • God Himself 1

Employee of the Month managed to be on my list because I'm such a sucker for SpongeBob/Squidward episodes and the rivalry between them made it so unique. The entire episode was filled with great gags and exciting race sequences. Trap running gag never fails to make me laugh. I loved the ambition they put here and that's why this episode deserves love.

EotM is a fun episode with a good Squid/Sponge rivalry, Squidward's growing obsession and SB's jealous pride ruining them both. I didn't have it in my top 50 but I can't complain, this is usually overlooked due to being season 1 and seeing season 1 show up a bit early on is nice as it's often unfairly overlooked due to 2 and 3.

I should've ranked this higher, honestly. I sometimes forget how truly great this episode is.

50. ???

49. ???

48. ???

47. ???

46. ???

45. ???

44. ???

43. ???

42. ???

41. ???

40. ???

39. ???

38. ???

37. ???

36. ???

35. ???

34. ???

33. ???

32. ???

31. Clams (#41)

30. ???

29. ???

28. ???

27. ???

26. ???

25. ???

24. ???

23. ???

22. ???

21. ???

20. ???

19. ???

18. ???

17. Squid's Day Off (#43)

16. ???

15. ???

14. Valentine's Day (#50)

13. Employee of the Month (#40)

12. ???

11. ???

10. ???

9. ???

8. ???

7. ???

6. ???

5. ???

4. My Pretty Seahorse (#46)

3. ???

2. ???

1. ???

Not on List:

Rock Bottom (#49)

F.U.N. (#48)

Squidville (#47)

The Great Snail Race (#45)

The Fry Cook Games (#44)

Club SpongeBob (#42)

Employee of the Month is really fun episode to watch, it shows how Squidward teased SB that he could be next EotM that SB feared of him nroke SB's EotM streak. I do like SB vs Squidward in a race to Krusty Krab was funny tbh. Overall, an anazing episode to say the least :P