• Advertisement

Phineas and Ferb

Karen

Still stand by the opinion this show isn't awful.  The clever humor (and Perry/Doofenschmirtz) are the two things I've always enjoyed about this program and keeps me from entirely hating it.  It's obvious the show is way past it's expiration date and that the recycled plot line of every episode has entirely wore out it's welcome.  I feel like the songs have gotten worse as the years go by too.

http://tvline.com/2015/05/07/phineas-and-ferb-cancelled-finale-in-june/

Well...after many rumors about Phineas and Ferb coming to an end, it's now official. Phineas and Ferb, after 8 years, is throwing the towel in. "The Last Day of Summer" is indeed the last and it will be airing next month on June 12th.

Oh, and a standalone special is coming up in August.

Strange, I thought that episode when they grew up was the finale. Nevertheless, I salute this show that even though I stopped watching it a while ago, it did have some great, clever humor.

• Like 1

Well, if it's going to go out, it might as well go out with some juice still left in it. I wonder what Disney will rely on for their cash cow now? Probably "Gravity Falls."

Despite Gravity Falls being the most popular Disney cartoon that's currently airing, I don't think it'll last long enough to be considered a cash cow. Though with the way Disney has been stretching out seasons, I could be wrong about that.

Well, if it's going to go out, it might as well go out with some juice still left in it. I wonder what Disney will rely on for their cash cow now? Probably "Gravity Falls."

I think you mean animated cash cow.  Because their live action programming has been the channel's main cash cow for awhile now.

And before anyone jumps on my comment, I am aware that Phineas and Ferb was a cash cow for boys.  I wasn't denying that the show did make Disney plenty of money.

I think you mean animated cash cow.  Because their live action programming has been the channel's main cash cow for awhile now.

And before anyone jumps on my comment, I am aware that Phineas and Ferb was a cash cow for boys.  I wasn't denying that the show did make Disney plenty of money.

*jumps on Clappy's comment*

I lost interest in this show a while back but I'll probably watch the finale to see how things turn out in the end.

I thought that that college episode was where this show'd end. If felt like the perfect way to finish it. 

While I did love the show as a kid, I'm glad it's ending officially. I think that with the formulaic nature of it, it relied a lot on it's creativity and sparking your imagination with it's inventions so it wouldn't be another Dora the Explorer, but the later seasons seem to be bringing back a lot of these even if they have no importance, and sometimes they make these epic specials that come out as weak because, really, the show wasn't designed for that. It was designed to be a fun yet mundane adventure in summer. 

• Like 1