• Advertisement

Phineas and Ferb

Karen

This show, honestly, is one of the few things that keep me watching Disney Channel. With it's charming, stylish characters and it's abundance of wit and creativity, it had me hooked from the start. The art, while not extraordinarily amazing, is by no means bad - The character designs are creative. The humor is clever and varied. And while the episodes follow a somewhat predictable formula, the characters' hijinks are always fresh and original, and filled with twists. Each episode has at least one showtune, which honestly, I'm not too crazy about, but that's just me being a teenager. 

• Like 2

bump since i haven't replied to this topic since Sept.

anyways...

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.no/2014/02/at-disney-tva.html

^welp, it's good to be true.

and boy, am i glad to see that show FINALLY canned it?

I hate to sound like an ass but I doubt you are glad to see the show finally end knowing how huge of a Phineas and Ferb fan you are.

I should have seen it coming by the fact that it was pushed to 2 AM/5 AM on Disney Channel.

Oh well. It was a good run and a really good show while it lasted. All there's left right now is the Phineas and Ferb theatrical movie, unless there's the chance that it gets shelved.

I should have seen it coming by the fact that it was pushed to 2 AM/5 AM on Disney Channel.

Oh well. It was a good run and a really good show while it lasted. All there's left right now is the Phineas and Ferb theatrical movie, unless there's the chance that it gets shelved.

And the Star Wars special that got confirmed at Comic-Con, unless that already aired.

Apparently the show is just on hiatus for the time being, according to Marsh. Said the dude that wrote the article is an idiot.

swampymarsh-comment.jpg

I haven't seen an episode of Phineas And Ferb in God knows how long, so not really sure how to feel about this.

Better than cancellation. Disney's floundering with animated programming right now; Wander just started and Gravity Falls isn't airing new episodes anytime soon (apparently Hirsch doesn't even know when season 2 is happening). Canceling Phineas and Ferb would make Fish Hooks veteran - the "anchor" cartoon - and there's no way that'd be the right choice because no matter how subpar Phineas and Ferb is now it's still probably drawing in more viewers than Fish Hooks.

Eh, I liked the show a lot but it just got too repetitive after a while. I actually thought the humor between characters like Buford got better after the movie. I really don't care either way if it continued or not.

• Like 1

Eh, I liked the show a lot but it just got too repetitive after a while. I actually thought the humor between characters like Buford got better after the movie. I really don't care either way if it continued or not.

Every episode of every TV show ever is "repetitive". It all follows the same formula. That's what Phineas and Ferb is doing, except it's literally doing the same formula twice in each episode. The plot to each episode is irrelevant; we shouldn't care what Phineas and Ferb are doing, and we shouldn't care what Perry's doing. It's the interactions and relationships between the characters that matter.

Better than cancellation. Disney's floundering with animated programming right now; Wander just started and Gravity Falls isn't airing new episodes anytime soon (apparently Hirsch doesn't even know when season 2 is happening). Canceling Phineas and Ferb would make Fish Hooks veteran - the "anchor" cartoon - and there's no way that'd be the right choice because no matter how subpar Phineas and Ferb is now it's still probably drawing in more viewers than Fish Hooks.

Didn't they cancel Fish Hooks? I heard that what's airing now is leftover Season 3 episodes.

Didn't they cancel Fish Hooks? I heard that what's airing now is leftover Season 3 episodes.

I dunno, I don't keep up with Fish Hooks. If they did then that'd make Gravity Falls their veteran cartoon and that's only been on for a year.