• Advertisement

137a. One Coarse Meal

Sabre

After looking back at this episode and stalking TV Tropes enough, I still sorta enjoy it. I don't get the hate about this episode and I don't find Plankton's "attempted suicide" uncool or nervewrecking at all. Heck, the episode is "somehow" in the Internet Backdraft page.

• Like 1

Please ignore the previous post of mine.

My thoughts on this one have changed as well. This one isn't as bad as some say, but it's definitely not the best episode of Season 7. The idea was interesting with Plankton meeting Pearl again, though Mr. Krabs got pretty cruel during this episode, and the suicide joke was kind of unnecessary. Near the middle of the episode I really started to feel bad for Plankton and wanted him to win. At least Mr. Krabs sort of got a taste of his own medicine though in the end. Still not a good episode in the slightest however. 4/10

EDIT: This is a cancerous post. (D)

HANDS DOWN! THIS IS THE WORST SEASON 7 EPISODE EVER. I thought this episode was much worse than A Pal For Gary. Not just the worst season 7 episode, It's also one of my least favorite SpongeBob episodes. Definetly on my bottom 10.. I don't understand why this episode got many good reviews on tv.com. The only good part was the begining because that part was very enjoyable but I'm gonna rate this episode 0/10 because this episode get worse after Mr. Krabs finds out that Plankton is afraid of whales and dressed up like Pearl to scare Plankton. I really hated Mr. Krabs in this episode. Mr. Krabs was okay in season 7 but he was unlikeable in this episode and I really wanted to punch Mr. Krabs. Also SpongeBob says that Mr. Krabs's afraid of mimes to Plankton but at the end, he later uses a projector to scare Plankton. Are you serious SpongeBob? SpongeBob was unlikeable in this episode. Pearl was okay in this episode. Also the worst part was Plankton's suicide attempt. That part is even worse than the suicide jokes in "Are You Happy Now?" because at least Squidward didn't commit suicide. The writers of this episode forgot that kids watch SpongeBob too. I still don't understand why many members of tv.com liked this episode. This episode is just one of the most overrated post-movie episodes. I will never watch this episode again. I really felt bad for Plankton in this episode. This episode makes you want to watch Best Frenemies, Friend or Foe and The Other Patty again. At least these episodes are great and worth watching again. I don't recommend this episode, especially to post-movie haters and Plankton fans. 0/10

Edited by Dr. WhoBob
  • Like 3

Oh god… I think I’m going to be sick. Okay, this episode is unbelievable. I cannot believe that THIS episode had been ignored on BOTH of MoBros' countdowns! And it also got a GREENLIT rating on TV.COM?! (Just so you know, I do respect everyone's opinions. I'm just a little surprised at the high ratings it's got.)

This episode, as I said before, is my second least favorite episode of them all (the worst being A Pal For Gary). It’s sadistic, it’s confusing, it’s mean-spirited, and it completely obliterated my once favorite character, Mr. Krabs!

Krabs and Plankton once had a special, soul-bonding friendship ever since they were babies! And they split all because of money. All this time, after Friend or Foe, I thought that maybe Krabs and Plankton, although they disliked each other, at the very least had a friendly rivalry and still cared about each other to an extent (like you said, in Best Frenemies).

I don’t think Spongebob was the one who hurt Plankton. I think Spongebob was only trying to send him on his way. Although it wouldn’t have justify the episode in any way (it didn’t save this episode for me), I think he was only putting up the projector to send Plankton away. I think tormenting him more would be leaving the projectors on. I don’t think he went back to being depressed because after he was told that Krabs was the one who disguised himself as Pearl, Plankton didn’t want to kill himself anymore. Plus, he may have hid in his house for a few, but maybe after looking outside (reluctantly), he probably thought the whales were gone, which probably relieved him. Again, this doesn’t justify the episode in any way, as it didn’t do it for me.

And actually, I think Krabs was the one who hurt Plankton more. Seeing Krabs drive Plankton to a suicidal depression and laughing about it? That was soul-crushing. More soul crushing than any other episode (except A Pal For Gary) could ever be. This episode just showed that Krabs could care less if Plankton died or suffered in any way. The reason why this is my second least favorite episode, is because it shows just how selfish Mr. Krab has become. In Best Frenemies, at least you could tell that even though they are business rivals, they still care about each other to some degree. This episode just proves to me that Mr. Krabs could not care less for Plankton, REGARDLESS of their history. Ironically, I would have thought that the one person Mr. Krabs would have hurt the least (psychologically-speaking) would be Plankton. This is no longer about business; Mr. Krabs went WAY too far. Really... it's actually pretty sad when you think about it. Krabs was just soulless and horrible to Plankton, that it's sickening! Not only is it sad, it's also SICK!   Krabs and Plankton had been best friends ever since they were babies, as shown in Friend or Foe. And even today, when you see Krabs insult Plankton or kick him out of the Krusty Krab, he at least cared a bit about him to some extent, even though he doesn't want to admit it.

But One Coarse Meal just HAD to air on television, and let me tell you. It was SOUL-CRUSHING! Watching Krabs laugh at the fact that Plankton is suffering and is about to kill himself? That hurt! It actually made Friend or Foe hard to watch.   Krabs not giving a darn about Plankton's psychological pain killed whatever respect I once had for him. 

It just made me lose ALL remaining respect I had for Krabs and it made him my LEAST favorite character on the show. Again, I do not know how it got ignored on MoBros’ countdowns, especially the fan edition. And I don’t think it deserves all the good ratings it gets. It is one of the worst Spongebob episodes of all time and it wouldn’t get any better for me, even if the writers tried to make it better. Because after that, my once favorite and respectable character had turned into a soulless beast who is worse than any character could ever be (except for a certain creepy old man from Family Guy...).

Rating: -5/10 (without any rules, I would rate it -infinity/10)

tv.com is full of pinheads, that's why.

I'm also from TV.com. bullshrimp.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2DFZGBXumM

• Like 1

HANDS DOWN! THIS IS THE WORST SEASON 7 EPISODE EVER. I thought this episode was much worse than A Pal For Gary. Not just the worst season 7 episode, It's also one of my least favorite SpongeBob episodes. Definetly on my bottom 10.. I don't understand why this episode got many good reviews on tv.com. The only good part was the begining because that part was very enjoyable but I'm gonna rate this episode 0/10 because this episode get worse after Mr. Krabs finds out that Plankton is afraid of whales and dressed up like Pearl to scare Plankton. I really hated Mr. Krabs in this episode. Mr. Krabs was okay in season 7 but he was unlikeable in this episode and I really wanted to punch Mr. Krabs. Also SpongeBob says that Mr. Krabs's afraid of mimes to Plankton but at the end, he later uses a projector to scare Plankton. Are you serious SpongeBob? SpongeBob was unlikeable in this episode. Pearl was okay in this episode. Also the worst part was Plankton's suicide attempt. That part is even worse than the suicide jokes in "Are You Happy Now?" because at least Squidward didn't commit suicide. The writers of this episode forgot that kids watch SpongeBob too. I still don't understand why many members of tv.com liked this episode. This episode is just one of the most overrated post-movie episodes. I will never watch this episode again. I really felt bad for Plankton in this episode. This episode makes you want to watch Best Frenemies, Friend or Foe and The Other Patty again. At least these episodes are great and worth watching again. I don't recommend this episode, especially to post-movie haters and Plankton fans. 0/10

Changed my opinion. Now this is my least favorite SpongeBob episode.

Why do I feel like people are making a big deal over really nothing? I've watched this episode a couple times and Plankton wanting to be run over never bothered me. Yes, I do feel just a little bit concerned for Plankton. But that's what SB was for. He was the voice of reason during this. I think the fact was that nobody thought he would actually would be run over is why it didn't bother me. Deep down I kept thinking that Krabs knew he probably wouldn't actually die. (Does them being once life time pals mean anything? Probably not, but one little buckaroo can dream). Plankton goes back to doing evil in the end anyways and Mr. Krabs does bad too. They both get what they deserved and I thought it was handled out OK. They didn't need to have Krabs winning at the end when obviously he DIDN'T DESERVE to win at all. Someone hand Krabs a can of green peas like the ending of Krabbyland maybe?

• Like 2

I actually found Plankton wanting to be run over funny. Not sure why people make a big deal out of it. He gets stepped on and trampled all the time. Should we hold a pity party for him then. And only giving him sympathy just because Mr. Krabs was taunting isn't a big deal to me either. He did try to steal the formula first and Mr. Krabs was rebutting, though I do agree he took it a bit too far so I'm not totally defending Mr. Krabs. And Plankton still losing at the end only seems right. Who's to say he wouldn't have just taken off with the formula at the end anyway had SpongeBob not scared him away.

• Like 1

Ohhh boy, I'm really looking forward to my Skodwarde guest write for this episode. The whole thing is literally the same dark, unfunny joke over and over again--Mr. Krabs tormenting Plankton. There are scarcely any other jokes that don't involve the characters being jerks to each other or Plankton suffering from Mr. Krabs torturing him and none of the "non-dark" jokes are really funny at all. To be honest, are those really jokes at all? What's the joke in Mr. Krabs torturing Plankton? What's the comedic purpose in having Plankton go through a traumatic experience all because he and Mr. Krabs have a rivalry? Oh right, the tables are turned, so I'm supposed to laugh. Ha-ha.

Seriously though, this is one of, if not the worst episode of the show. Just this paragraph alone doesn't do enough to express my thoughts about the episode.

• Like 1

I liked this episode a lot. Unlike most season 7 episodes this episode had a really good story. It was interesting to see Plankton react to Pearl, and I was glad to see Planktons family again (although they were eaten on the spot). There were no boring parts and the jokes were funny and clever.

Don't care about this so-called suicide attempt, because as said earlier, Plankton would have never died if he were run over by a bus. These things happens to him all the time. And considering that, Mr. Krabs' reaction to it was actually kinda funny. No problems with this eppie! 9/10.

• Like 1