• Advertisement

137a. One Coarse Meal

Sabre

On 10/2/2013 at 8:10 PM, Dr. WhoBob said:

EDIT: This is a cancerous post. (D)

HANDS DOWN! THIS IS THE WORST SEASON 7 EPISODE EVER. I thought this episode was much worse than A Pal For Gary. Not just the worst season 7 episode, It's also one of my least favorite SpongeBob episodes. Definetly on my bottom 10.. I don't understand why this episode got many good reviews on tv.com. The only good part was the begining because that part was very enjoyable but I'm gonna rate this episode 0/10 because this episode get worse after Mr. Krabs finds out that Plankton is afraid of whales and dressed up like Pearl to scare Plankton. I really hated Mr. Krabs in this episode. Mr. Krabs was okay in season 7 but he was unlikeable in this episode and I really wanted to punch Mr. Krabs. Also SpongeBob says that Mr. Krabs's afraid of mimes to Plankton but at the end, he later uses a projector to scare Plankton. Are you serious SpongeBob? SpongeBob was unlikeable in this episode. Pearl was okay in this episode. Also the worst part was Plankton's suicide attempt. That part is even worse than the suicide jokes in "Are You Happy Now?" because at least Squidward didn't commit suicide. The writers of this episode forgot that kids watch SpongeBob too. I still don't understand why many members of tv.com liked this episode. This episode is just one of the most overrated post-movie episodes. I will never watch this episode again. I really felt bad for Plankton in this episode. This episode makes you want to watch Best Frenemies, Friend or Foe and The Other Patty again. At least these episodes are great and worth watching again. I don't recommend this episode, especially to post-movie haters and Plankton fans. 0/10

This is the worst review ever. I would agree with this If it wasn't such an overreaction. I still think this episode sucks and it's my least favorite episode but looking back now, I really don't hate it. I've seen worse from other cartoons really.

• Like 1

Tbh I honestly don't really hate this episode but it's not good Mr Krabs was truly a jerk in this episode, Karen was also a jerk I also felt bad for Plankton but at least SpongeBob was trying to help him, the action scene was definitely the best part and Mr Krabs secret fear was funny but this episode was still bad

4/10

• God Himself 1

I have to say, in the grand scheme of the whole controversy surrounding the episode, whether it's about the portrayal of Mr. Krabs' character and how much of a scumbag the writers made him, or when it's about the infamous "suicide joke" I got in a good few petty arguments over in this same thread, what rubs me the wrong way about it is the way how some people romanticized how bad this episode was. Speaking of my past comments, please don't take anything I said on here years ago for granted, I was petty and sensitive with my comments back then and they don't reflect how I am with this episode now. If it makes more sense as to why I was acting so sensitive, I've seen people judging the episode like the whole series, in a general sense, is immoral and offensive, and I wanted to try and dispute that they're over-exaggerating their feelings towards the one scene.

After seeing some more misinformation about the episode spread, however, I realized I should've ranted about this in the first place. In the past, people were spreading rumors about how the series creator apparently hates this episode with no legit source to back up that claim, as there were also people claiming that the episode teaches kids to drive other kids into committing suicide, or rather teaching them to bully other kids. Now, people are spreading rumors about how the series staff is personally ashamed of this episode (with one example of those claims being that Clancy Brown is said to have felt uncomfortable recording his character's lines), with no legit source I know of backing up these claims, and it's making me think about how sad it actually is that some people are so willing to defame something that is simply a poorly-written episode of a children's cartoon. Even if this new piece of information is legit, I wouldn't use it as an excuse to paint One Coarse Meal in such a bad light.

People hating the episode because of its immorality, I can understand, but people spreading misinformation to justify how controversial it is...that I'll never understand and that is where I had to draw the line. Also, considering that I've gotten most of this information from TV Tropes, I'm now fully convinced that I shouldn't ever believe everything people write on there, so thanks TV Tropes for making me a dumb-dumb when I made those older comments on this thread!

• Like 1

Not only is this episode horrible and completely out of character for Mr. Krabs, even CONSIDERING all the history Mr. Krabs and Plankton have had together, it should also be considered COMPLETELY non-canon! In "The Algae's Always Greener", Plankton interacted and talked with Pearl like it was NOTHING! Now, while it is TECHNICALLY true that in real life, a lot of whale's DO eat plankton and krill, this is an ANIMATED cartoon, so they don't HAVE to follow the rules of reality, especially NOT when they derail Mr. Krabs' character just in an attempt to make Plankton miserable, in a HORRIBLY misguided attempt to garner laughs! This episode was about as funny as the explosion of the Hidenburg Blimp, which is to say, NOT AT ALL! I would HONESTLY give this episode a NEGATIVE ten out of negative ten, because it's THAT bad! :rolleyes: Enough said!