• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Worst Episodes Ever 2015 Edition

Clappy

45: Well, it was pretty weak. Not Bottom 50 worthy, it was a bit unsettling to see SpingeBob hoard everything until he's practically in a dump and sad sbout the pettiest things, following a pretty similar joke the way through, but it had a nice build-up and I found the ending to be nice and bittersweet.

Okay one last time.

TROPHY

STEEL

WHY DO YOU HATE PRANKS A LOT

From the topic:

0/10. i mean invisible spary! its a dumb idea. SO PREDICTABLE

...This has to be a troll response.

• Like 1

Can't seem to find your thread, Steely Dan. Care to quickly recap?

http://www.thesbcommunity.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6184-steels-top-20-worst-spongebob-episodes/?p=211022

Not the best commentary I've came up with, looking back, but I can add to why I disliked "Pranks A Lot":

-The fact that this was the last episode before the Movie fairly ruins my impression on it, especially because I didn't like how it ended. It's not that much of a downer, but my hatred of [episode title withheld] is how I grew to hate an ending like Pranks A Lot.

-Then there's the one who gives Spongebob and Patrick the sort of karma: Mr. Krabs, which feels iffy for me because I wouldn't want to see a character as hated as Mr. Krabs being the one who wins.

-I never really felt impressed by this, save some jokes like "Toast!" and "The nerve of that guy and his driving eyeballs."

-Not to mention that I've never liked this during my youth and I still won't lighten up to it, for whatever chance gets thrown at me.

http://www.thesbcommunity.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6184-steels-top-20-worst-spongebob-episodes/?p=211022

Not the best commentary I've came up with, looking back, but I can add to why I disliked "Pranks A Lot":

-The fact that this was the last episode before the Movie fairly ruins my impression on it, especially because I didn't like how it ended. It's not that much of a downer, but my hatred of [episode title withheld] is how I grew to hate an ending like Pranks A Lot.

-Then there's the one who gives Spongebob and Patrick the sort of karma: Mr. Krabs, which feels iffy for me because I wouldn't want to see a character as hated as Mr. Krabs being the one who wins.

-I never really felt impressed by this, save some jokes like "Toast!" and "The nerve of that guy and his driving eyeballs."

-Not to mention that I've never liked this during my youth and I still won't lighten up to it, for whatever chance gets thrown at me.

My argument with the Mr. Krabs one is that he wasn't that bad in pre-movie. Yes in post, he can be unlikeable, but in pre, he was really just more of a father figure to SpongeBob and not really much of a criminal.

Sorry for the delay people.  On with the countdown with one special guest for 43.  The man Wumbo keeps demanding to speak up.  The man with the cannon.  Trophy!

44. Growth Spout

128a%20-%20Growth%20Spout%20088.jpg

53 points. 4 out of 23 lists. (#2 teenj)

Mr. Krabs is about to brush his teeth, while singing an alteration of "My Bonnie" by Tony Sheridan and The Beatles, when suddenly a gray cork is pushed in, and the toothpaste cap falls off of the sink. Pearl calls for help, and when Mr. Krabs comes up, he can see that Pearl is growing too big! Pearl needs food. He finds the fridge, and Pearl eats it. She asks for more. Mr. Krabs then sneaks into Mrs. Puff's garden and steals all of her peanut worms, which start spitting up on him. Mr. Krabs tries to escape but Mrs. Puff hits the fence piece Mr. Krabs is on with a crowbar, sending Mr. Krabs flying away from her. He looks in Patrick's house for food, and finds food made out of sand. It then crumples. Mr. Krabs finds Patrick sleeping in his cereal and steals the cereal. Pearl eats it but it isn't enough. Mr. Krabs goes into Squidward's house and steals all of his food, and feeds it to Pearl. She needs more, so he goes to SpongeBob's house and is about to get some food when SpongeBob notices. Squidward comes and explains that Mr. Krabs is a food thief. He is about to call the cops when Mr. Krabs gives him his gold tooth, and Squidward walks out of the house. Mr. Krabs cries and tells SpongeBob that he wants to feed his daughter. Later at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob makes a Krabby Patty that tastes like a million. Pearl stops growing and SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs that love was the secret ingredient. Mr. Krabs laughs then stops soon realizing that SpongeBob was right.

Clappy: Not much insight from me here.  I only saw this episode once and never had the interest to sit through this again.  This was a stupid episode that was a waste of my time.  Don't particularly hate but this episode was so full of filler that it wasn't memorable.  Period.

43. Funny Pants

065b%20-%20Funny%20Pants%20076.jpg

56 points. 4 out of 23 lists. (2 #7's Wumbo and Trophy)

One morning in Bikini Bottom, SpongeBob tells Squidward it's time for work, and says "another day another dollar" but Squidward says "more like another nickel,' which makes SpongeBob laugh uncontrollably. Squidward then goes through a whole day at work with SpongeBob laughing, and even at night. The next day at work, after SpongeBob told the "nickel joke" to the customers, Squidward has decited he has had enough of SpongeBob's incessant laughter. He then sees SpongeBob hurting himself when he laughs, so he tricks him into believing that SpongeBob has a laugh-related illness. According to the made-up disease, if SpongeBob laughs one more time in the next 24 hours, his laugh box will explode and he will never laugh or giggle again.

For the rest of the day, SpongeBob fights every single urge to chuckle. First, he sees Patrick trip over a banana peel several times, and runs away. Next, he sees that whoopee cushions are all over the town. Last, he sees a pie truck in an accident and some of the pie land on some fish. In a drastic measure, he buries himself to never be interrupted by a joke during the night. The next morning, SpongeBob discovers that he has completely lost the ability to laugh. He tells Patrick that he has lost his laugh, but when Patrick looks inside SpongeBob and lights a match, he runs around in circles. Later, SpongeBob goes to the Krusty Krab to tell Mr. Krabs that he has lost his laugh. Mr. Krabs says that money always makes him laugh, but SpongeBob doesn't feel a tickle. Next, SpongeBob consults Sandy. Sandy gives SpongeBob books about laughter. SpongeBob reads the books, but still doesn't have any effect on his laugh box.

Now utterly grief-stricken, all SpongeBob can do is cry his eyes out, meaning more noise than ever. Feeling guilty but still wanting peace and quiet, Squidward finally confesses to the sad SpongeBob, as the weeping has been more annoying than SpongeBob's giggles and after Squidward admits everything, SpongeBob laughs to see it has been a good joke and Squidward joins in the laughter. When Squidward says "You even fell for the thermometer in the boiling oil routine!" SpongeBob immediately stops laughing, and goes inside his house. When Squidward laughs too much, he is taken to the hospital. Later, it is revealed that Squidward has lost his laugh and Purple Doctorfish points out that someone has given him half of their laugh box. It isn't Patrick, Sandy or Mr. Krabs; it was SpongeBob. Squidward starts to laugh like SpongeBob and runs out of the building. SpongeBob then says "Ah, there he goes off to share his laugh with the world," followed by his laughter.

Clappy: Didn't make my list, but I hate this episode.  Not just for mean spirited Squidward, but for the consistent annoyance of SpongeBob's laughter and crying.  But enough about me, what did you think Trophy?  Defend your ranking.

Trophy: Honestly yes this one was on my list, high up (I can't see because I haven't been told if I'm the highest yet so... :P) Unfunny Pants the original title makes sense because that's what it was, it was bland and boring, plus an annoying cry-fest. Is this around the same spot as 2013's list because I say this is about accurate for SBC as a whole, not me but still a good spot.

• Like 7