• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Worst Episodes Ever 2015 Edition

Clappy

Ooh, so it begins. I sincerely hope my #5 pick makes it, but knowing the circumstances it probably won't. Then again, Pranks a Lot of all episodes made it, so yeah.

And what's with the no hints policy? :P

• Like 1

1) I love this episode.

2) I don't like it, but it wasn't on my list.

3) This episode is stupid, It just seems like a ton of filler, and it overall just doesn't work with...itself! I'm glad that I got a vote credit.

4) Sucks, but didn't make my cut.

5) I'm a little more lenient on this episode than most.

6) This was on my list, do I need to say why>

• Like 1

1. Trophy is just butthurt because this episode inspired all my bad puns. Nah but seriously, this episode has some great moments but sorta feels like it's on the lower end of the Season 3 spectrum. I've never been able to put my finger on exactly why, but it's definitely not a bad episode by any means.

2. Kind of a boring episode, so I can understand someone not caring for it. But top 25 worst? Ehh, maybe by Season 2 standards, but definitely not one of the worst in the show.

3. If I'd done a list, this would've been on mine. Totally despise this boring, unfunny piece of chum. I know it's a cartoon and that kind of gag is pulled off a lot in animation, but the execution with the old dude turning out to be Sandy comes off as more of a "Huh, what?" than a "Haha! Oh Sandy..." kinda thing. Extremely boring episode filled with "gags" stretched out to ridiculous lengths, and fun fact--I actually fell asleep during the premiere.

4. My problem with this episode is it punishes Squidward for wanting SpongeBob to stop crying, which kind of ruins the episode's self awareness of how annoying SpongeBob's crying is. A few amusing moments but it doesn't save the episode.

5. I like this episode a lot. SpongeBob's "stupid antics"... The whole "letter, note, message" gag... Patrick licking phallic sand... So many great jokes in this episode. I know a lot of people hate it because Patrick's a jerk in it, but at least there's a reason--Patrick accidentally gets convinced SpongeBob is a complete idiot--whereas other episodes have him just being a jerk out of nowhere.

6. Ignoring the title, this episode is simply annoying. Man Ray's shrunken head is funny but the rest of the episode is an annoyance to watch.

• Like 4

I noticed that the topics that gave hints usually had most of the posts from others be guessing the hints, while ones that don't give it share their opinion more frequently.

This pretty much. I would much rather have an active topic for debate rather than giving hints as to what's coming up.

Anywho, on with the show, today's guest commentator is my good friend and the user who will be rehashing his countdown soon after (and will plug his blog in the process :funny:), WUMBO.

So without further ado, let's move forward on this countdown.

49. InSPONGEiac

531441_10150644494226366_517351171_n.jpg

48 points. 3 out of 23 lists. (#2 Halibut)

It is a very fine day in Bikini Bottom, and down at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob adds one percent too much mustard to the Krabby Patties. Mr. Krabs isn't happy with this as this gross excess would lead him to bankruptcy within the next four hundred years, however, he assumes SpongeBob is an insomniac (a disorder where a person has sleeping difficulties). So Mr. Krabs sends SpongeBob home to get more shut-eye.

SpongeBob starts running around, and starts hallucinating things, such as a talking glass of milk, a bunch of Squidwards, etc. Then he hallucinates Patrick eating him, thinking he's a spongecake. Inside Patrick, SpongeBob hallucinates a sunrise. He begs it to let him sleep for just five minutes, before he hallucinates Sir Cecil the sleep wizard. Sir Cecil puts sleepy dust (which is really litter from Gary's litter box) on SpongeBob, then he falls asleep. When SpongeBob wakes up in Gary's litter box, he snaps back to reality.SpongeBob has a hard time sleeping, so he goes to Patrick's house. Patrick tries to help SpongeBob asleep by reading a bedtime story. This doesn't work, since it is a "wake-up story". Then Patrick sings SpongeBob his "lullaby," but it is really a wake-up song, since it has the lyrics, "Get up, be active! Get up, be active!" Then Patrick gives SpongeBob coffee, which makes SpongeBob even more awake.

Realizing he's late for work, a very tired SpongeBob goes to Krusty Krab to sleep in a barrel of mustard. Mr. Krabs takes SpongeBob out of the barrel of ruined mustard, and wonders why SpongeBob couldn't sleep. The sponge confesses that his "insomnia" got the best of him. Then he starts crying tears made of mustard. He cries the perfect amount that is needed to be on the patties. Squidward is happy and claims that it's the best day of work ever, because he got to see SpongeBob being forced to cry mustard.

Wumbo: Yeah, I can see the hate for this one. It's definitely a dumb episode. But I don't know, it has its moments. The Land of Perpetual Excitement is pretty funny. It's an episode worth being on a worst list, I suppose, but it wasn't on mine.

Clappy: This is one of the newer countdown inclusions that I recently watched because of my Skodwarde parody I had to write a few months ago.  I'm shocked for it's inclusion due to seeing how much praise it gets from it's episode discussion thread.  But then I noticed that a certain internet critic fad that is slowly dying down had a few choice words for it.  Maybe that led to it's fall from "grace" from some of the users here?  I don't know, but I think it's an ok episode.  My only complaint is some dumb character moments like Patrick's obvious too stupid for word moments and Squidward at the end, but I actually like the animation in this episode to save it from being a subpar episode of the series.

48. Giant Squidward

107a%20-%20Giant%20Squidward%20301.jpg

49 points. 4 out of 23 lists. (#4 PatrickFan)

One day, Squidward is gardening when he sees that his kelp is all wilted. He uses a spray called Kelp Grow to make them grow taller and healthier. When SpongeBob and Patrick see this, they steal it from Squidward and fiddle with it by spraying things in town. Squidward gets very mad that they stole it, because one of the things they sprayed was his nose. They go around town doing "good deeds," such as expanding Gary's shell and turning one of Mr. Krabs' pennies giant because SpongeBob mentions that Mr. Krabs always wanted to make "big money" (though this wasn't what he meant). Squidward finally catches up to them and forces them to shrink his nose. However, when they try to shrink his nose, it only gets bigger. SpongeBob and Patrick decide to even out his entire body, which turns him into a "giant monster" who the residents believe to be invading Bikini Bottom. Many fish gather into a mob and threaten to hurt Squidward in various ways. A small boy appears in the crowd and suggests that Squidward might be a nice monster like the one in his storybook. To keep the Bikini Bottomites from hurting him, Squidward quickly agrees with the little boy and tells the town he can actually help them and won't destroy the town. Throughout the day, citizens ask him to help them with various things, which Squidward does to prove he is nice. He gets more and more tired from doing the town favors, though. Eventually, he gets tired and Nat sneezes which Squidward presumably didn't hear.

This causes the Bikini Bottomites to turn on him as he didn't say bless you. He runs away to a remote location outside of town when the day ends, where he misses his comfortable old life and is forced to sleep on a makeshift bed of coral. He finds that Patrick and SpongeBob are having a sleepover in his belly button because they wanted to show that they still considered him a friend. Squidward forces them out, and begins crying because of what happened to him. This captures the attention of SpongeBob, who feels bad because they only enlarged Squidward as a good deed. The next day, SpongeBob and Patrick give him the greatest present that he could ever have: a giant clarinet with exquisite sound to make up for the mishap their first good deed caused. When Squidward starts playing it, he shrinks back to his normal size. He is upset that he can no longer play his giant clarinet, but realizes he still has his kelp garden. He runs home to his garden, but finds the kelp from his garden to be cut down. He wonders what happened to his garden, and SpongeBob explains that they used his kelp to make him a kelp-mache clarinet. This enrages Squidward, causing him to chase after SpongeBob and Patrick as the episode ends.

Wumbo: This is one of the episodes that I missed watching, but looking over the storyline it sounds pretty lame. At the very least it doesn't sound like an awful episode, but I don't see any humour coming from it either.

Clappy: I don't particularly care for this episode, but it's not one I would consider bad either.  I do get a good laugh out of the bad pun about big money.  However, some of the elements of this incredibly predictable for newer SpongeBob like the towns folk making themselves out to be total *dolphin noise* and SpongeBob and Patrick making total fools out of themselves once more.  I can see why this made the countdown at least.

• Like 6

Inspongeniac is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine. It was... wierd. I did laugh at Patrick's attempts to get SpongeBob to seel when he was  actually waking him though! XD I didn't expect that first time around. Giant Squidward is lame, though. Not one of the worst examples of a typical Squidward getting punished for no reason episode but still pretty forgettable.

• Like 1

InSpongeiac was alright, nothing special really. Giant Squidward I'd have as a 75-175 type of range personally.

1. Trophy is just butthurt because this episode inspired all my bad puns. 

I didn't even notice that.  :glare:

49. I didn't seem to remember the episode very well, but I don't think it was bad enough to have a place on the list.

48. Obligatory Squidward abuse episode (Oh, he said the SA word!). Nothing from this episode interests me.

49. Yeah, I really despise this episode :P

48. I've never really minded this episode honestly. THe only thing that kinda bothered me with it is the stupid Bikini Bottomites but that's it

49. There were a few jokes here and there that were good like "Get Up, Be Active", but besides that, it was just completely stupid.

48. Again, an episode I haven't watched in a while to form an opinion on it. From the looks of it, I would hate it.