• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Worst Episodes Ever 2015 Edition

Clappy

MuscleBob BuffPants: I thought it was good for the most part. I did enjoy some scenes, but season 1 has had better.

Sponge-Cano: Blehh, what a bad episode. The song was really bad too.

Rule Of Dumb: I actually like this one.....  :funny:

By the way, do you need to post the whole plot synopsis from the SpongeBob Wikia? I think most of us have seen the majority of the episodes and even if some haven't, I think it goes in too much detail relative to the actual opinions.

By the way, do you need to post the whole plot synopsis from the SpongeBob Wikia? I think most of us have seen the majority of the episodes and even if some haven't, I think it goes in too much detail relative to the actual opinions.

Appreciate the insight, but this was how it was done last time due to our working relationship with the SpongeBob Wikia and we still work well with them, so I figured it would still be great crosspromotion.  We agreed it would help those who haven't seen the episodes on the countdown (which you would actually be surprised how many users on here have not seen a majority of the episodes).  Nothing wrong with going into too much plot insight since our side commentaries aren't going into too much detail.

42: It's one of my favorite S1 eps...*cries*

41: ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh zomg this episode is so boring and pointless why does It exist hnngh

40: YES YES YES I DESPISE RULE OF DUMB. That's my least favorite episode of Season 4, my favorite season. Why season 4, why? Patrick is at his all time worst here. Normally I can handle Jerk Patrick, but this is WAY too far.

42: Huh, didn't know it was hated, but it certainly isn't good either.

41: Not sure if that warrior is Bubbles in some kinda magic thing... CONSPIRACY THEORY ALERT

40:  Nothing special, I kinda liked it because the moral made sense.

A day late, something came up last night and this morning, but here I am with our guest today, former SBC director in chief, Aquatic Jibbix Nuggets. Enjoy fam.

39. Face Freeze!

172a%20-%20Face%20Freeze!%20662.jpg

63 points. 5 out of 23 lists. (#3 Fa)

SpongeBob and Patrick are eating lunch at the Krusty Krab. While eating, they start making ugly faces at each other. Mr. Krabs hears them laughing, and thinks it's the sound of his money being flushed down the toilet. He rushes out of his office to see them making faces at each other and tells them to stop. He then tells them a story about a man (Fred Rechid) who wouldn't stop sticking his tongue out. One day, after sticking his tongue out for the four hundred and forty-fourth time, his face got frozen with his tongue out. Then, after it got frozen, it falls off. SpongeBob and Patrick are terrified of this story and vow never to make faces again.

Later that day, SpongeBob and Patrick are seen trying hard not to make faces. However, they start smirking about their attempts at doing this and eventually start laughing so hard their faces start contorting. They then realize that nothing happened to their faces while doing this and that Mr. Krabs was lying. SpongeBob then suggests that they should really put Mr. Krabs' myth to the test and, while making a single continuous face, they go to many places in Bikini Bottom (while scaring everyone that sees them). Then at the Goo Lagoon, Sandy finds them, and says they need help.

Later that night, SpongeBob and Patrick are seen in a tent back outside SpongeBob's house laughing at each other's faces, along with making a lot of noise. Squidward's eardrums eventually burst and he starts yelling at them to keep it down. SpongeBob then suggests to Patrick that they try sleeping through the night while holding a face. Patrick agrees and they start doing this, while giving Squidward some peace and quiet. The next day, SpongeBob and Patrick wake up and realize their faces are frozen and both of them can't move their faces. They start screaming and rush to Sandy's house for help. Sandy then starts giving them a face massage. However, this just makes their faces even more distorted and droop down to their chins. SpongeBob goes to work at the Krusty Krab anyway, despite his frozen face.

At the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob causes a lot of ruckus as he tries to make Krabby Patties and keeps Mr. Krabs from looking at his face at the same time. However, Mr. Krabs eventually finds out about SpongeBob's face freeze problem because Patrick walks into the Krusty Krab with a contorted frozen face. An angry Mr. Krabs then makes a face and it freezes, followed by Squidward coming in and laughing at them. He laughs so much that his face freezes and the episode ends with SpongeBob, Patrick, Mr. Krabs, and Squidward having frozen faces.

Clappy: I disagree with this being placed. It's actually an episode with good morals. SpongeBob and Patrick didn't listen to Mr. Krabs warning and it came back to bite them. Sure Hooky did the same premise, but I think an episode with a moral compass is a welcome surprise in the post-movie SpongeBob episodes where those are so often forgotten. Also, the animation really isn't that fugly and it's somewhat creative. I like this.
Nuggets: While I don't necessarily agree with this, I see why it's on the list. I remember when we first got some previews of this and literally everyone started going ape over how bad and grotesque those faces were. While I don't know how smart a return to a more Season 6 style in the midst of Season 8, it was an interesting reminder of an inkling of the show's past and at the very least had some funny moments. Definitely super creative. Different strokes for different folks though, and if you don't have a high tolerance for stuff like Robertryan's art then I guess this one wouldn't do it for you.

there are so many worse episodes man why

38. Pet Sitter Pat

164b%20-%20Pet%20Sitter%20Pat%20446.jpg

64 points. 5 out of 23 lists. (#5 More)

SpongeBob gets mail and has a letter from Grandma SquarePants telling him that his grandmother is getting older, so he decides to go. But then, SpongeBob remembers that he needs to take care of Gary. First, he asks Squidward to watch Gary, but he refused because Gary ate his kelp garden. Later on, SpongeBob asks his best friend Patrick if he can take care of Gary while he is gone, and Patrick accepts. While SpongeBob is at his grandmother's house, he gets distracting visions about bad things happening to Patrick and Gary. Once SpongeBob is anxious enough, he calls home numerous amounts of times to check and see how the two are doing. A couple of times, Gary was being put in mortal danger by Patrick, but SpongeBob "thought" they were fine [laughing and having fun.] Later, Patrick attempts to burn Gary alive with a flamethrower, possibly out of actual malice, but the next time SpongeBob calls, they are really actually having fun, thanks to a flood, but SpongeBob mistakes them for being in "danger." SpongeBob quickly ends his grandmother's birthday and rushes home to see what the fuss is about, so he arrives home after a long, tiring run and sees that his house is destroyed and filled with water when he opens the door. He walks upstairs to the sound of Gary's meowing and sees Gary reading "Snail Stories" to Patrick. SpongeBob said how nice it was for Gary reading Patrick the book but Patrick said he thought the book was actually called "Meow, meow."

Clappy: Now this was the rare episode I needed to catch before doing this countdown because I've never seen it up to this point. Now knowing what I know, this would have made my list. It's not A Pal For Gary, but it's pretty close in terms of awful Gary abuse. That scene with Patrick and the flamethrower is going to be in nightmares. As well as Gary completely dehydrated. Hey writers. Patrick being involved with the main plot doesn't always equate to good comedy. This is just pure torture and it should be higher on this list knowing what I know now.
Nuggets: Now this one makes sense! It didn't make my list, but it was a definite contender. In the end, while the fun animation, the interesting style of plots running alongside each other, and return of SpongeBob's grandma kept it off, there are definitely a lot of problems here. Rehashing all the "hey let's f**k with Gary" episodes (which Richard Pursel seems to have a fetish for) but adding Patrick does not a funny plot make. There are some good jokes here, but the premise is just a teensy bit too on the nose for a cartoon like SpongeBob, and raises some questions that, like Good Neighbors before it, have some very depressing or scary answers. Have never been a fan of episodes where Gary just gets screwed with and this seems to be the final one in a trilogy of once-per-season garbage fests involving Gary. Glad they redeemed the existence of this one with Treats, which may have just been the best Post-Where's Gary Gary episode ever. Hope that following the departure of the kid Richard (no offense meant, the man struck gold every so often) we never get another one of these because God are they awful.

37. Cephalopod Lodge

136.png

66 points. 4 out of 23 lists. (#3 Patty)

SpongeBob sees that Squidward is actually smiling one day at the Krusty Krab, so he and Patrick decide to spy on him and see why he is so happy. That night, Squidward goes into a strange lodge, in which SpongeBob and Patrick intrude into the lodge. Squidward puts on robes, and hangs out with the other members of Cephalopod Lodge. When SpongeBob and Patrick decide to join in the festivities, Squidward is held accountable for allowing two non-Cephalopods into the lodge and is banned for life. The two attempt to apologize to the lodge owner, but this fails when Patrick says it is the owner's fault. SpongeBob and Patrick have an "initiation" on Squidward (this involves kidnapping him and forcing him to pass it), which is putting a jellyfish on your tongue and letting it sting you.

SpongeBob and Patrick then start their own club, and they call it "The Feather Friends," much to the annoyance of Squidward, who begs that he wants to be allowed back into Cephalopod Lodge. SpongeBob and Patrick want to help, so they dress up as a sock monster so they can scare the members while Squidward "saves" them.

Their plan works, and Squidward is allowed back in. However, when SpongeBob and Patrick take off the sock and reveal themselves, Squidward is again kicked out. SpongeBob and Patrick decide to go back to the "their lodge" idea, but first they need to do the "initiation" on Squidward.

Clappy: Hey you guys, if you have any reason to consider an episode "Squidward sabotage", look no further than this one. I agree that this episode justifies the term because of how much he is royally screwed over by SpongeBob and Patrick. This episode makes me feel legitimately bad for him. Only reason I don't hate it (and as the gentleman below me agrees) is the sock gag. I really like that and it's a classic SpongeBob moment that I feel would be praised if it was in a pre-movie episode. Otherwise, bad Season 6 garbage.
Nuggets: Aaaand we're back to the ones that probably didn't need to be on here. Problematic episode, definitely. Probably one of the 5 or so episodes that justify the term "Squidward Abuse", and there's definitely a lot of that here. Weird art, too. Kinda weird and out there plot as well- Illuminati references in a SpongeBob episode? But I just can't bring myself to hate it. While a lot of stuff here is just classic Season 6 trash, a lot works. That live-action sock gag is literally vintage SpongeBob, the concept is incredibly strange but at the same time incredibly unique. With 50 episodes on this list, I do see why this is on here. I just personally look at it as an uncommon solid episode for Season 6, weird and strange in a good way.

• Like 8

39. I used to hate this episode but I've warmed to it a little. The faces are creative. Though I still think Hooky did this plot better and was funnier.

38. Don't remember where I placed this episode on my list but I don't like it. Patrick's stupidity wasn't funny in this episode at all.

37. I don't completely hate this episode but I'm still not a fan. This is a good place for it in the countdown, I think. I wish the episode was more about Squiddy and the lodge and SB and Pat weren't involved.

Yeah, I disagree with Face Freeze, sorry Fa. A lot of people rag on it for the faces being so grotesque, but I thought it was the cool kind of grotesque. I never really did like Pet Sitter Pat, but it's not a monstrosity to me. Cephalopod Lodge was actually okay to me, at least Spongebob and Patrick tried to make up for what they did to Squidward.

39. I didn't really think this episode had any humor. It was just SpongeBob and Patrick spamming weird faces. Next.

38. Okay, I don't hate it as much as other episodes. It's not "put on my worst list" bad, it's just decent. (Don't kill me)

37. This episode can die in a hole, thank you very much.

39: Only behind SpongeBob You're Fired, this is the episode that least deserves to exist. Nothing was tried here, all it is is the basis of the "denial" story filled with faces. They don't try to be humorous with the faces, they're just... there.

38: Ah, first time I got a highest spot, I see. I already did a comparison review on SBM (Link: http://www.sbmania.net/forums/blog/122/entry-2237-the-ultimate-comparision-is-pet-sitter-pat-really-all-that-bad/ ) Just to be brief: this episode did improve on A Pal for Gary in overall quality. The reactions and motivations of the characters were far more believable, showing more natural worries and pain, the plot was coherent and logically on the move (besides the random ending), and also, it was absolutely hilarious. Many of the jokes were very well-timed and executed, and it added a good pinch of darkness. But all of that, adds more relatability to the harsh reality of pet abuse. What can you picture more easily, a mythical monster popping up and destorying things, or a house cat alone and very dehydrated? With the good jokes, I end up feeling guilty for laughing at them.

37: This was on my list, and I pretty much agree with you.

39: I hate this episode. So much filler and it's so boring and it's utterly useless when Hooky did the same exact plot 12 years earlier. This was high on my list.
38: I like this ep a lot. Gary was actually ENJOYING everything at the end, so I think the Gary Torture argument is stupid, because if he's happy in the end, it's not torture. Gary and Patrick had a good time at the end, which gives this episode an A-OK pass from me. It's pretty funny too.

37: I think I placed this a little too high on my list. A bad episode with a great ending (the sock gag). This episode does have it's place, we needed an illuminati episode, whether it's bad or good, we need it. Even though this episode kinda sucks, I'm glad it exists.

Is it weird that in some ways I consider CL one of my favorite post-movie episodes? Sure SB and Pat messing with Squidward all over the place made you feel bad for him, but I felt it was very unique. Especially with the realistic sock. I agree with Nuggets.

• Like 1

39: I agree, but I am surprised that the episode is "only" 39.

38: What? I am very surprised. The episode is for me a highlight in Season 8. Very good episode, much better than the first Gary-Patrick episode (Dumped).

37: I can understand it, but I like the episode.