• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Worst Episodes Ever 2015 Edition

Clappy

Ooh...these are some good ones...

Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful: Three words, did. not. like. Was there any joke in this episode that didn't involve trash and an obnoxious police officer? Repetitive and droll.

Summer Job: This one was a lot more annoying than funny to me. I only really liked Duke Spongebob and the barrel course gag.

Plankton's Regular: I used to not mind this one, but now...meh. It's not very funny and Mr. Krabs' arrogance and infernal whining frustrated me to no end.

Big Sister Sam: I saw some of this one, and boy, did it irritate me. "SAM DESTROY STUFF AND PATRICK STUPID ABOUT IT = FUNNY" No, no, and NO.

• Like 2

Good episodes on #28, #27 and #26. But "Big Sister Sam" is a very bad episode. Sam is troublesome, disturbing and TOO aggressive. I don't know who designed the idea of her, but this person had a great imagination. 

Planton's Regular: I liked it. Kinda clever actually. When it turned out to be a set up I felt bad voor the plankman, tho.

BSS: Very poor writing. Frustrating and boring. Made me almost give up on the show and I hate it.

• Like 1

ib4 A Pal For....I mean, One Coarse Meal being #1? That could happen, right?

In 2014 it cracked many people's Top 10's.

In 2013 it gained a following that found it worse than the more infamous episodes.

In 2012 it was considered "just another bad episode"

In 2011 it was barely brought up.

In 2010 Noone knew what it was because it got an obscure online release and had a tendency to air during romantic months only (see Gary in Love)

The trend is continuing on, and to be honest, at least within the fandom, I think this year it's become the bad episode on top of Atlantis SquarePantis. It's probably one of those episodes that just get worse the more people think about it.

In 2014 it cracked many people's Top 10's.

In 2013 it gained a following that found it worse than the more infamous episodes.

In 2012 it was considered "just another bad episode"

In 2011 it was barely brought up.

In 2010 Noone knew what it was because it got an obscure online release and had a tendency to air during romantic months only (see Gary in Love)

The trend is continuing on, and to be honest, at least within the fandom, I think this year it's become the bad episode on top of Atlantis SquarePantis. It's probably one of those episodes that just get worse the more people think about it.

I don't think people really even hated Atlantis SquarePantis. Like Enter, it was just another spread of someone else's opinions, and the stupid part is, the source wasn't even a regular reviewer.

I don't think people really even hated Atlantis SquarePantis. Like Enter, it was just another spread of someone else's opinions, and the stupid part is, the source wasn't even a regular reviewer.

Do you know who that person was? I mean, I can't really pinpoint it on "Mobros" or "Enter" or "Pieguy" or "a professional critic."

*coughcoughcough*TVdotcom*coughcoughcough*

• Like 1

Do you know who that person was? I mean, I can't really pinpoint it on "Mobros" or "Enter" or "Pieguy" or "a professional critic."

Yeah, it was MoBrosStudios. The hate for it only spread like wildfire afterwards.

Hey look. Jjs is back.

24. Professor Squidward

Professor-squidward-2.jpg

89 points. 6 out of 23 lists. (#5 Halibut)

Squidward is disdainfully watching Squilliam play his clarinet at a concert. When Squilliam finishes, Squidward leaves. He also hears someone say "He's so good he doesn't even have to play to be good!" As he walks out of the recital hall, he is mistaken for Squilliam and is then offered to teach a music class, to which he accepts.

Later, he comes to the music class wearing a wig, posing as Squilliam. He prepares his desk and a kid asks him if he's going to write his name on the board "like most professors do". Annoyed, Squidward tells the kid to write his name on the board. Shortly after that, Squidward discovers that SpongeBob and Patrick are in the music class he is teaching, which annoys him even more. SpongeBob and Patrick are then told that they are allowed to stay just as long as they behave themselves and keep quiet about Squidward's real name. Squidward starts teaching, but is interrupted by SpongeBob's laughter. When asked about it, SpongeBob tries to claim that Patrick was tickling his foot, though reveals that he was tickling his own foot. In order to avoid any more distractions, Squidward moves SpongeBob away from Patrick, but he keeps on laughing. When SpongeBob is told to stop tickling his foot, Patrick reveals that it really was him that time, much to Squidward's surprise.

Squidward starts teaching about musical scales by drawing lines on the chalkboard. Patrick then explains how they remind him of a railroad track he saw at a railroad convention last week, where he bought himself a conductor's hat. Then, he starts riding a mini train, only to get trapped in the trash can, though comes back inside a minute later.

Then, Squidward starts teaching the class about metronomes, much to the interest of SpongeBob and Patrick (though SpongeBob mistook it for a garden gnome). They start making a ticking noise and a news reporter suddenly comes in, wanting to do an interview with "Squilliam Fancyson," although he is soon more interested in SpongeBob and Patrick at how they are in a trance. Squidward then angrily kicks him out after mentioning about possible paranormal activity and SpongeBob and Patrick stop ticking when the bell rings. They forget where they are and they start calling Squidward by his real name, which upsets the rest of the class and they start to leave. Squidward blocks the door with his body and crazily claims that no one is going anywhere. However, the police come in along with the news reporter, the music teacher, and Squilliam Fancyson himself. After noticing that Squidward does not have a unibrow, he is quickly arrested for "impersonating a genius," leaving SpongeBob and Patrick alone with the metronome ticking and them, while in a trance, going "tick tick tick..." along with it.

Clappy: I remember I use to loathe this episode a lot more for being boring and unfunny....but some of my hatred has died down for this. This actually did not appear on my list this time around. It's still a bad episode in my mind and I definitely don't have a problem with this being where it's at on the countdown. Also another waste of a Squilliam guest spot. Why can't the post movie writers ever utilize him correctly?
Jjs: Finally, an episode on my list. This was on my list at #8. I know Wumbo some users are going to be upset this episode is on here, but it was expected. Still though, I honestly just didn't find any of the jokes here funny. They all fell flat on their faces and were blander than an unsalted cracker. I don't hate it for "Squidward Abuse", because Squidward deserved his punishment. But none of the jokes worked for me at all, and they really dragged it out with some pointless jokes (like Patrick driving a train, TICK TICK TICK, etc.) It was also VERY boring, which doesn't help. I never really liked this one as a kid either, which says a lot.

23. Whatever Happened to SpongeBob

098_-_What_Ever_Happened_to_SpongeBob_12

90 points. 7 out of 23 lists. (#1 Jjsthekid)

SpongeBob wakes up on a normal day, as usual. He looks out his window and sees the mailman riding by on his bike. He says "Hi" to the mailman. This causes the mailman to get distracted and a truck crashes into him. After that, SpongeBob wants to spend time with his friends; however, he ends up upsetting them. He accidentally breaks Gary's shell, crushes Patrick's cake, disturbs Squidward's beauty sleep, destroys Sandy's robot, and deep fries Mr. Krabs' money (and himself). SpongeBob decides to leave Bikini Bottom, as all his friends started to believe hate him (and cruelly calling him "idiot boy"). As he leaves, he is attacked by cannibals who attempt to kill & devour him. While he runs from the cannibals, he falls off a cliff and bumps his head, he gets a lump but his bundle hits him on his head knocking him unconscious. Back in Bikini Bottom, Patrick and Sandy (who had supposedly come over to apologize to SpongeBob from the other day) find Gary who is extremely huge and overweight and a note from SpongeBob, explaining that he has run away. Everybody is upset and guilty that SpongeBob is gone, with the obvious exception of Squidward, who is delighted.

Meanwhile, SpongeBob wakes up with amnesia. A couple of fish give him a new name, "CheeseHead BrownPants," so that they can steal his possessions and take advantage of his amnesia. All SpongeBob has left is a bottle of bubble soap. He wanders around until he ends up in New Kelp City where he attempts to get a job. Each time he gets a job he uses his bubble blowing ability to help him, but this strikes fear into all the residents of the city. This activity attracts the attention of the Bubble Poppin' Boys and their leader, Trevor, who have scared the city into never blowing bubbles ever again. SpongeBob uses his ability to get rid of the gang and is rewarded by getting the position of mayor of New Kelp City.

Back in Bikini Bottom, Mr. Krabs is hoping for the return of SpongeBob so he can prepare his station, while Patrick and Sandy want their friend back. Squidward didn't know until Mr. Krabs offers him a reward of a Fabergé egg. He chooses his love of art over his hatred of SpongeBob and the trio see a newspaper stand showing news of SpongeBob's position as mayor, but when they go to New Kelp City to retrieve him behind Squidward's back, he can't remember them. They then manage to kidnap SpongeBob and return him to The Krusty Krab, but he wants to return to New Kelp City. Squidward, who didn't know again if SpongeBob stays or not slips on a greasy spatula and accidentally throws his egg onto SpongeBob's head. The impact gives SpongeBob his memory back, and Mr. Krabs, Sandy, and Patrick apologize for running him out of town. But even so, SpongeBob still wants to return to his position as mayor, because he feels bubble blowing needs to be commonplace in New Kelp City society. At that moment a news report comes on the TV saying that the bubbles in New Kelp City are causing mayhem, and he is being threatened by a thug. Upon hearing this, SpongeBob has second thoughts about going back to New Kelp City, and decides to stay in Bikini Bottom till he's dead. And then finally, Squidward opens his head and he throws his brain in a trash bin.

Clappy: I honestly don't think this "special" is all that terrible. It is a 4/10 episode at best, but I do understand why so many people hate it. Which is why I'm not going into much more than the only part I find frustrating is everyone but SpongeBob being jerks for no real reason. Jjs is going to point out all of this episode's flaws that much more elaborately.
Jjs: Yeah...my new #1 has been revealed. Yup, Pet or Pests is no longer my #1 choice (still not a good ep though). A lot of you are probably really surprised at this choice. Well... story time. I've always have and will hate this episode. When I first saw its premiere, I did not like it at all, and felt it was a massive letdown that did not live up to its hype at all. I don't remember if it made my 2013 list, but after re-watching it again recently, this was for sure my #1 choice. Nothing about this one worked for me at all. WhoBob is an accurate alternate name for it, because "Who" sums up this episode's confused direction and identity. I'll sum it up in a few key points:

1.) The Plot: A character having amnesia has to be the most cliche plot, EVER. Even ignoring that, I was having faith that SpongeBob, known for its creative stories, could make this work. When I first heard of the episode, I was kind of interested in a possible serious SpongeBob episode. Then I heard SpongeBob would visit a new location-That's kind of cool too. We could've gotten some cool emotional moments between characters, cool new scenery, some good jokes, etc.. And....we didn't get that at all. What we get instead is a very idiotic conflict ("IDIOT BOY"....What?), very unlikable characters, poor writing, cliches all over, and an overall wasted plot that felt it was done as soon as it started.

2.) The Pacing: The pacing is also pretty terrible, I dare say it's worse than another special's (which we'll hopefully get to later on as well, which shares a lot of my problems with this special). The episode starts off rushed by using the Idiot Boy gag 5 times, drags in the middle, and then has a rushed ending. I can sum it up in one sentence: SpongeBob gets called an idiot boy (seriously...what), runs off, bumps his head, goes to a new city, becomes mayor, his friends rescue him, an egg hits his head, memory back, boom episode over. That ending may be up there in one of SpongeBob's worst endings, ever. It basically happened in the blink of an eye.

3.) SpongeBob Abuse: As I've said before, I'm not one to ever get upset if a character is abused. But here, for the whole 22 minutes it felt like they were just treating SpongeBob like crap for no real reason, and I didn't laugh once. I honestly just felt bad for him the whole time. And seriously, what the heck was with "IDIOT BOY"??? That was quite possibly one of the most rushed and dumbest conflicts in SpongeBob history, ever.

4.) The Characters: As I've said before, everyone is just really unlikable here, except SpongeBob himself. The whole "IDIOT BOY" stuff just made me want to punch the gang. Granted, they did try to find him, but even Squidward didn't care that much about finding him to begin with. The New Kelp City citizens are either all unfunny or unlikable as well. Also, way to waste Ray Liotta's guest spot. The bubble gang's role here is so rushed that I keep forgetting he voiced the leader.

5.) The Comedy: Even ignoring all that, this episode fails in the comedy department as well. I can't even think of one joke from this, other than "IDIOT BOY", which wasn't even funny the first time it happened.

6.) Whobob-Whatpants-spongebob-squarepants-2 <------ The less said about that, the better.

This may not be an obvious choice, and I don't blame some people if they don't dislike this one as much, or completely forgot its existence, but this episode just irritated me in more ways than one, and was overall unpleasant to watch. The changed opening was something cool I guess, but that wasn't enough to save this train-wreck for me at all. I feel like this episode just had everything that people dislike about new SpongeBob episodes in one package, and I believe it was around when this special premiered people began to get more critical of the later seasons. Go away, WhoBob.

• Like 8

Professor Squidward: Yeah, I still like this episode. Fight me. I don't know, the jokes here just worked for me. I honestly think there were a lot of funny moments. One of the few Season 6 episodes I'd readily watch again.

Whatver Happened to SpongeBob?: This one probably should have made my list. Such a mess of an episode and such a waste of a special. Amnesia? Really?

I don't care for Professor Squidward that much. Squidward did deserve his punishment, but the episode was so boring and unfunny. Nothing about it really angered me that much, though. 

Whatever Happened to Spongebob made the #10 spot on my list. I think Jjs hit the nail on the head with the problems this stupid special has, yet I didn't dislike it as much as he did (obviously).

Whobob-Whatpants-spongebob-squarepants-2 

The picture is the low point of this episode, but the rest of it was good.

Professor Squidward is mediorce. On one hand, the episode has some good gags, but on the other hand, the opening scene at the concert hall was very boring.

I'm seriously the only one who kinda got a chuckle out of that pic from WHTS one time. I can see why you guys praise "Moar Krabs" and Squidward's "unsure face" and yet put that face aside, but as unfunny and much less charming you think that Spongebob face is, it does show some artistic ability, at least.

• Like 1

I'm seriously the only one who kinda got a chuckle out of that pic from WHTS one time. I can see why you guys praise "Moar Krabs" and Squidward's "unsure face" and yet put that face aside, but as unfunny and much less charming you think that Spongebob face is, it does show some artistic ability, at least.

That face doesn't bother me as much as others, but I still felt it was worth mentioning. It always felt out of place to me in the episode. :P

I never thought of "Whobob Whatpants?" as being horrific, but I can understand why SOME people would dislike it. It definitely could've been better, but it could've been a WHOLE lot worse as well, like "South Park" realm WORSE!!!! :rolleyes: Enough said! ;)