• Advertisement

Steel's Top 20 Worst Spongebob Episodes

Well, this will turn up rather shortly, and will happen unlike my attempt with a Top 200 that I apparently still have interest in doing, but that's not the subject right now. So yeah, I might as well be shocked with the Fan's choices of the worst of the worst and all that. But, MoBrosStudios has given me interest in adding fuel to the fire...without the fire, where I'd countdown to my Top 20 least favorite Spongebob episodes. I will start things off with 2 episodes each day. Again, this is will happen shortly.

• Like 5

Here it is, folks. Before I begin, let me just say that these episodes were chosen openly from my views and if there's a certain episode you'd probably want to see on my list that didn't make my list, don't freak out over it. Also, be mature with your comments. (No trolling, no flaming) (*works cited to the rules under the law of MoBrosStudios*) Anyways, comments would be nice.

#20:

Spoiler

300px-Pat_No_Pay.jpg

To be truthfully honest, this is just a tiny add-in, and not entirely my least favorite. In addition, there are certain episodes that I used to hate, considerably Pizza Delivery, Shanghaied, Banned in Bikini Bottom, Tea at the Treedome, those will not make the list, since, well...I don't really hate those episodes anymore. I don't have to explain much for the critcism of this episode, it's bascially an unfunny 3 minutes full of filler with Patrick having to pay Mr. Krabs, and he has to get that money since he doesn't have any in order to pay. Patrick gets into sorts of mishaps, and of course...it doesn't end well with Mr. Krabs' sack of money getting shredded up due to Patrick's generally dumb personality...actually, it kind of does. Mr. Krabs gets a hint of unintended karma, sort of...but I don't know what backstabbing at him would be the means of a sack of money being shredded up. By the way, Mr. Krabs orders Spongebob to put the sack into his safe which is PHYSICALLY RIGHT BEHIND HIM! Goodness, if that's the case, then spotting Swiper the Fox must be the easiest thing to do. (*crickets upon my preschool object related joke*)

#19:

It is....

Spoiler

Driven_to_Tears.jpg

As for #19, this is partically a couple of close candidates for my worst episodes, but then again, why not put one of them on my list starting now? Starting with Driven to Tears, it's nearly my least favorite for well...Patrick being bitterly arrogant towards Spongebob about his new boat he surprisingly wins. What surprises me the most is Patrick...getting a perfect score. No, it confuses me. Patrick runs through a stop signal and he has a perfect score without any sense of foreshadowing. And then the police catches Spongebob and Patrick for littering Patrick's license, and then the duo easily forgive themselves. To me, Rule of Dumb wasn't worse than Driven to Tears, and I had a similar though of creating a tie with it, but it didn't work...since I don't hate it so much. So yeah, Driven to Tears just caused some bad development for Patrick, and there wasn't anything really humorous.

Next time on my Top 20, here's some little hints on the next two:

Spoiler

-A Season 3 episode

-A Season 6 episode, which will be the starting point of my "episode hating," sort of.

I'm just gonna hazard a guess here and say Ugh.

Interesting point about Patrick getting his license in the first place in Driven to Tears. The episodes so far weren't that great, but I wouldn't consider them to be the worst. But you did back up your opinions well, so I'll keep reading!

• Like 1

#18:

Spoiler
300px-Pranks_A_Lot.jpg

I'd apologize for this as much as Todd in the Shadows if this were rated much higher, but I wouldn't anyways. So yeah, SpongeSebastian, 4EverGreen, and all you Season 3 fans...be prepared. In retrospect, this is originally going to be #17, but looking into things...the next one is estimately worse from my views. So yeah, this isn't the starting point to hating apparently, and that it might be off my least favorites depending on things. So, why is this on my list? I thought the plot pretty much went horribly, yeah. They get Invisible Spray that would specifically stain clothes, and it works to their surprise. Finally, they end up spraying themselves and ruin their plans of spraying the park bench. Listen, I know it has its moments, and...ugh, I also hated the ending. I'm a sucker for bitter endings. It's just no wonder why I hate Dan Schneider's half-***ed episode routine and Pranks a Lot's ending seems to date back to how *SPOILER ALERT* Camp Lazlo similarily ended with even Lumpus' SCOUTS naked, but with a more bitter dash to it with Lumpus arrested by a Rocko's Modern Life cameo. I have to admit, it would be cool to see some random Rocko's Modern Life character at the end of Pranks a Lot...yeah, I've changed the subject. So yeah, bad but intended plot execution, bitter ending, didn't like it, but it wasn't horrible.

#17:

Spoiler

NotNormal.jpg

Alright, so Not Normal is pretty much a fair replacement to one of few of the episodes I used to hate. Allow me to explain from the beginning to express my hate toward it. Squidward, easily ticked off, for Spongebob casually running around his house laughing, having a decent morning, shows up to complain (exaggeration much?). The banshee gag got me a little, but that wasn't enough. Squidward explains to Spongebob to act more normal and less eccentric. This ends up having Spongebob act and look more dull than usual, creating a BSOD to his former personality. Beware that this is indeed a Casey Alexander and Zeus Cervas episode. This episode pretty much had no intentions of clever humor or wit at all, just Normal!Spongebob getting the advice of Patrick to become...funny again...and his eccentric self. At the end, after all the wierd stuff Spongebob had to do in order to become himself again, his normal self seems to be a permanent effect until Squidward, taking the normal Spongebob's advice, has become normal himself, scaring Spongebob into his own self...I'M NOT FR**KING KIDDING. So yeah, the solvent for this plothole is SCARING SOMEBODY? And oh yeah, Squidward is still in his normal state, it was still a good ending in a way, but a bad ending in Squidward's case. Just unbelievable.

Next on my Top 20, some hints on the next couple...:

Spoiler

-Another Season 6 episode

-A Plankton and Krabs episode

Wow, Pranks a Lot. Didn't see that coming. Although I must say, I'm confused. What exactly about the plot was bad? I thought it ran rather smoothly.

As for the ending, well... if you don't like bitter endings, then I guess you wouldn't like this one. But come on. It's better than the endings where SpongeBob gets absolutely no comeuppance for his actions.

• Like 4

#16:

Spoiler

Best_Frenemies.jpg

Looking in this episode, I think you guys already know why this is on my list. I guess putting this is solely for a bad ending is just pointless, but I think some points could be made. So, in this episode, there's a sudden outbreak to the Kelp Shakes drink that has been putting the sales of the Krusty Krab's drinks low on profit and making the citizens alcoholic...sort of. Mr. Krabs and Plankton then decide to steal a Kelp Shake for its secret recipe. The attempts on trying to get a Kelp Shake is repetitive for the point that they each fail. So, Mr. Krabs resorts to buying one to have Karen analyze it. Why figuring out what the drink is made of, Mr. Krabs and Plankton drink the Kelp Shake themselves, which becomes addicting to them as they go to the Kelp Shake stores to try and get more...before witnessing a hairy side-effect. A pretty unhappy ending for anybody who drank the Kelp Shakes, which is contained with a toxic ingredient, considering that just about everybody is now grown with a hairy kelp body with no explained cure and whatever, hence Spongebob's appearance, and an okay ending for Mr. Krabs and Plankton as Mr. Krabs gives Plankton a head start with his own formula. Yeah, I know. My perspective on this episode is bittersweet, and a very stupid way to hate an episode and rate #16 against. But you haven't seen the next one...

#15:

Spoiler

Gone.png

Well, it's sister Not Normal doesn't seem to be as worse as this. Spongebob is all alone in Bikini Bottom as literally everybody has gone missing. Sadly, I'd have to take notion that almost nothing happened, and that Spongebob's routine with his (newly befriended) boat is nothing of importance and a simply a piece of time that has been filled out. Spongebob then gets very creeped out with the boat following him, the meat puppet of Patrick that is never mentioned again, and a bunch of other crazy stuff causes Spongebob to freak. He then approaches an incoming bus with an axe, to reveal all of Bikini Bottom that has gone away from Spongebob, as they have celebrated a holiday known as "National No Spongebob Day...." for a week, even Patrick has joined the party. Seriously, what? They celebrate it behind Spongebob's back with a holiday dedicated to hating him, right? And then they celebrate "No Patrick Day," for such reason as the previous. Could these people be more mean spirited? I mean, Spongebob was still happy to the fact that it was "dedicated to him," but why a holiday for being away from somebody out of everybody one doesn't like? I mean, that's unrealistic in hindsight, but it's still pretty bad, and this is one reason why to care for Spongebob, at least. This episode was flat, unfunny, and cruel all on its own.

Some hints for the next two:

Spoiler

-A Season 6 episode that you guys would be happy to see that has made the list

-Pretty much one of those filler episodes