• Advertisement

Unpopular opinions you have

E.V.I.L.

Giving the greenlight to Fanboy and Chum Chum over Adventure Time is not the biggest mistake that Nickelodeon has ever made. To compare how Cartoon Network has made the show last long enough for the creator to express the complete vision that he had for it to how a good chunk of Nickelodeon's shows have only lasted 1-3 seasons go to show that even if Nick did greenlight the show, they would've cancelled Adventure Time short and it would've been a bigger mistake on their part. Granted, one of Nickelodeon's actual biggest mistakes was cancelling El Tigre after one season.

Edited by Steel Sponge
  • Like 1

I don't like human babies. Okay okay, I REALLY don't like babies. They are one of the few baby animals that are not cute to me. I think that babies look like weird potato-alien hybrids. Children are okay, but I can't handle babies in the slightest. I don't want to have a baby. Ever. I don't think that I could take the stress of a baby crying without getting angry. And no, I'm not selfish for saying that I don't ever want to have kids. I'd rather have a puppy or two.

Also, I am sick to death when people say "you'll change your mind someday!". NO. I want to explore the world and get away from people that say that "oooh, life is all about having babies!". I mean, people can have families, sure, but that's not my goal in life. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2018 at 12:54 AM, Steel Sponge said:

Giving the greenlight to Fanboy and Chum Chum over Adventure Time is not the biggest mistake that Nickelodeon has ever made. To compare how Cartoon Network has made the show last long enough for the creator to express the complete vision that he had for it to how a good chunk of Nickelodeon's shows have only lasted 1-3 seasons go to show that even if Nick did greenlight the show, they would've cancelled Adventure Time short and it would've been a bigger mistake on their part. Granted, one of Nickelodeon's actual biggest mistakes was cancelling El Tigre after one season.

exactly. Adventure Time shined more in CN and it literally saved the network. If it was in Nick, it'd suffer so much and end after season 2 or 3.

Bleach is a great anime. Yeah, it's got it's problems like the amount of filler and how it becomes a little repetitive, but I think the core story is pretty good and the characters are great, as well as the powers and the fight scenes. Ichigo is hands down one of the best shonen protagonists in my opinion; he is the anti-Goku/anti-Naruto (both of them are great characters btw, I don't want to sound like I'm putting them down), in the fact he's not a hyperactive loveable goofball, and he's this lanky, aggressive, hot headed delinquent battling his own personal demons and really just wants to protect everyone close to him who gets thrown into being a Soul Reaper and having to deal with all of that stuff. I've seen a lot of people argue Ichigo's biggest fault is that he has zero goal, but I kind of love that about him; he's thrown into a situation and has to get out of it and deal with all this stuff. Also he's a Social Distortion fan so that's badass. 

Yeah it does get a little repetitive and a remake could be nice to make an improved ending and to cut down on the filler, but even I enjoy some of the filler. The filler with Ichigo's little sister is a fun viewing detour not gonna lie, while not necessary, but the cast is so vibrant and the powers are cool.... god, there is something I just absolutely love about it. Yeah, it's got it's problems, but goddamn it if I still don't really enjoy it.

Edited by CyanideFishbone

14 minutes ago, CyanideFishbone said:

Bleach is a great anime. Yeah, it's got it's problems like the amount of filler and how it becomes a little repetitive, but I think the core story is pretty good and the characters are great, as well as the powers and the fight scenes. Ichigo is hands down one of the best shonen protagonists in my opinion; he is the anti-Goku/anti-Naruto (both of them are great characters btw, I don't want to sound like I'm putting them down), in the fact he's not a hyperactive loveable goofball, and he's this lanky, aggressive, hot headed delinquent battling his own personal demons and really just wants to protect everyone close to him who gets thrown into being a Soul Reaper and having to deal with all of that stuff. I've seen a lot of people argue Ichigo's biggest fault is that he has zero goal, but I kind of love that about him; he's thrown into a situation and has to get out of it and deal with all this stuff. Also he's a Social Distortion fan so that's badass. 

Yeah it does get a little repetitive and a remake could be nice to make an improved ending and to cut down on the filler, but even I enjoy some of the filler. The filler with Ichigo's little sister is a fun viewing detour not gonna lie, while not necessary, but the cast is so vibrant and the powers are cool.... god, there is something I just absolutely love about it. Yeah, it's got it's problems, but fuck me if I don't still really enjoy it.

Well, alright now. I'll debate you on this one. Ichigo gets literally every major power in the series - he's half Soul Reaper/half Quincy with a Hollow mask and a Fullbring (and maybe more? I don't remember). He's very much a typical Shonen protagonist in that sense (and, in my opinion, also very much an example of bad writing). Personality-wise I don't see much differentiating him either; Naruto and Goku were both brash, hot-headed, and aggressive at times - just because they're goofballs too doesn't preclude them from being fighters and trouble makers. Ichigo's lanky, I guess, but Deku is small and Luffy is made of rubber, so it's not like body shape should be much of a factor because it's still a Shonen series and they're all basically shredded beyond belief.

37 minutes ago, terminoob said:

Well, alright now. I'll debate you on this one. Ichigo gets literally every major power in the series - he's half Soul Reaper/half Quincy with a Hollow mask and a Fullbring (and maybe more? I don't remember). He's very much a typical Shonen protagonist in that sense (and, in my opinion, also very much an example of bad writing). Personality-wise I don't see much differentiating him either; Naruto and Goku were both brash, hot-headed, and aggressive at times - just because they're goofballs too doesn't preclude them from being fighters and trouble makers. Ichigo's lanky, I guess, but Deku is small and Luffy is made of rubber, so it's not like body shape should be much of a factor because it's still a Shonen series and they're all basically shredded beyond belief.

A lot of shonen protagonists are very similar, but I just think Ichigo stands out, at least to me, because of the fact he's just kind of a grump unlike Naruto and Goku who are always very optimistic. Yeah, Goku and Naruto get aggressive and hot headed at times (they definitely both got aggressive a lot of the time) but for Ichigo it always felt like his aggression was much more of a prevalent personality trait than most other protagonists. Still, definitely see Goku and Naruto in Ichigo (Of course Goku pretty much laid the foundation for shonen protagonists, and Goku and Naruto are extremely similar when you get right down to it)

And yeah, I wouldn't have the main protagonist getting a fuckton of powers if I wrote it, but it's also a shonen series so I kind of have to handwave it. 

1 hour ago, Wintermelon43 said:

The Last Jedi is an amazing movie; in fact, it's even tied for my favorite star wars movie

Someone else who thinks The Last Jedi is actually great? Fuck, sign me and the rest of SBC up for that! We've got a couple years before the housing crisis, so let's have some fun!

• Happy 1

16 minutes ago, yuma the victini said:

palpitoad is one of the cutest pokemon

making fire starters part fighting is a good idea (it helps them beat rock so)

also i agree with winter on the litten line

The problem that people had with the fire/fighting combo was that the regional starter was given that type combination three consecutive times at one point. Most people wanted a fire starter with a different combination and even then, people still ragged on Delphox and Incineroar for not looking cool enough or too "furry bait."

...Which brings me to another one of my unpopular opinions of mine: am I the only one who doesn't judge starters based on how they are designed? I mean, I did pick Decidueye because the design of his evolutionary line was what I fell in love with most. Up until that point, I had this tradition where I just pick the water type starters. I've dealt with Decidueye fainting so many times that I lost track. That was when I thought I'd be better off with Incineroar for Ultra Sun. I should've expected a similar result with that experience because SM/USUM were a lot harder than XY & ORAS.

Edited by Steel Sponge
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steel Sponge said:

The problem that people had with the fire/fighting combo was that the regional starter was given that type combination three consecutive times at one point. Most people wanted a fire starter with a different combination and even then, people still ragged on Delphox and Incineroar for not looking cool enough or too "furry bait."

...Which brings me to another one of my unpopular opinions of mine: am I the only one who doesn't judge starters based on how they are designed? I mean, I did pick Decidueye because the design of his evolutionary line was what I fell in love with most. Up until that point, I had this tradition where I just pick the water type starters. I've dealt with Decidueye fainting so many times that I lost track. That was when I thought I'd be better off with Incineroar for Ultra Sun. I should've expected a similar result with that experience because SM/USUM were a lot harder than XY & ORAS.

yeah the doing it 3 times in a row could be annoying but eh  i do not mind as long as they still look good (all the fire fighting ones still look good to me)

-The only types of meat I've tried are ham and beef, and I didn't like either. Maybe my body just wasn't used to the stuff, but I dunno, not for me.

-In some cases, no-budget cheaply made media can be more inspirational to me than big budget, higher end media (e.g. Plan 9 vs Star Wars) I guess this is because it shows to me that even if one doesn't have all the best and most expansive resources and even if the product sucks horribly, at least they were able to make it, so why can't anyone else? That's my theory at least.