• Advertisement

Unpopular opinions you have

E.V.I.L.

I genuinely like Chris-chan's work. Call him racist, homophobic, egotistical, etc., but deep down he's just a sheltered and lonely autistic whose view of the world has been warped by his upbringing (remember, he was raised by rather...old-fashioned type folk), his own loneliness due to autism, andthe trolling he's experienced over a decade. He seems to enjoy what he loves, and I commend him for it. I think one of my favorite Daniel Johnston songs sums up my opinion nicely:

1 hour ago, HelloMisterSpringtime said:

I don't think a show's fanbase should affect your opinion of the show itself.

You have no idea how much I agree with this.

Like, "the [insert entertainment product here] fandom ruined it for me," is a blanket statement and it's such a tired excuse for why someone wouldn't like or would refuse a thing. I know some of the bad things that, say for example, some Steven Universe fans have done, but that doesn't mean that the fandom, as a whole, is bad, right? If you ask me, it feels very ludicrous. In fact, people tend to make this mistake more often than not: when they're saying that they hate the fandom, they're technically saying that they think that everyone who is a fan of a certain thing is just as bad, dumb, or annoying as the one fan or group of fans that ruined the experience for them. I've had to deal with people calling Steven Universe's fandom the worst ever for a while, and now I have to deal with people crying foul over the Rick & Morty fandom because of SOME fans making a few overbearing videos on musical.ly, because of SOME fans stroking their own egos about how the show made them feel smarter, because of SOME fans that tried their shove their favorite show down others' throats like...well, just about every other fandom, because of SOME fans that went hard over their McDonald's not have any Mulan sauce that one day, and because SOME fans posted sexist comments towards the show's female writers on Twitter. Now, to make it all clear, these things that these particular fans have done are really toxic (save for the musical.ly bit, because I see no reason to treat it like it's my own problem unlike everyone else did), but it's like I've said: these behaviors don't apply to the R&M fandom as a whole, they apply to a person who happens to be a fan of the show. I've emphasized "some" numerous times like it's a keyword, and that's because it is. If someone asked me about my experience with other folk in the Rick & Morty fandom, I'd tell them "I've seen the behavior of some fans and they annoyed me" rather than "I've seen the behavior of the entire fandom and they killed it for me." I can go on about my thoughts of when people talk about their experiences with the "worst fandom," but I've said everything that I needed to say towards this post, so...

In short, I feel as though people should know the difference between a fan and a fandom. Consider that my unpopular opinion.

5 hours ago, 70s said:

Idk how popular or unpopular this opinion is on SBC, but in general I seem to be in the minority here: Pokemon X and Y are better than Sun and Moon. 

I don't know if I'd argue "better" by any stretch, but I got through X/Y fine and for some reason could not finish Sun/Moon.

7 minutes ago, Wumbo said:

Y'all I don't know what happened but Little Caesars got better. I love their pizza now.

When I tried it a few months back, I genuinely thought it was really good. Then I started hearing all the hate, and I thought to myself 'maybe I just live next to a good one???'

Idk man

On 12/12/2017 at 2:02 AM, 70s said:

Idk how popular or unpopular this opinion is on SBC, but in general I seem to be in the minority here: Pokemon X and Y are better than Sun and Moon. 

I liked Pokemon X/Y more also. Sure Sun/Moon introduced some new stuff to the franchise but I felt like X/Y's story was better. 

I couldn't like The Dark Knight Returns. Sorry but I just don't get how that is supposed to be one of the greatest comics of all-time. It felt like a chore reading it with a complicated and overstuffed storyline and Batman being too edgy for my taste. I did like Batman and Superman fight tho.