• Advertisement

Unpopular opinions you have

E.V.I.L.

i am literally only capable of having film-related opinions so here are some:

-I, Tonya is hateful garbage that tries to make us laugh at abuse and is a tonal clusterfuck.  Allison Janney is one-note and overacting and shouldn't have won the Oscar

-Last Jedi is the best Star Wars film

-Isle of Dogs is pretty good but it's also pretty forgettable.  it's been getting too much praise for achieving a level slightly above mediocrity

-Geostorm is a genuinely good disaster movie

-Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is the best Jurassic Park sequel, and very close to getting a perfect score from me

-Mamma Mia! is a genuinely good movie and will probably become a classic one day

-A Cure for Wellness is one of the best films from 2017

-ever since the 4th one, each Fast and Furious movie has gotten better than the last.

-Valerian is fucking great

-barring Matrix Revolutions, I like every film the Wachowskis have put out.  related to this, Speed Racer is fucking amazing

-both Jumanji films (1995 and new one) are bad

-Batman v. Superman is a solid movie.  Justice League on the other hand is probably one of the worst superhero movies ever made

• God Himself 1

52 minutes ago, Master WhoBruh said:

second half of luke cage s1 was still good, despite having diamondback.

FINALLY someone else who agrees. Imo "Now You're Mine" was the best episode of season 1. 

• Like 1

-I honestly think that romantic relationships, at least for me, are somewhat overrated. I don't want to spend my time "waiting for my prince to come", I want to go out, explore the world, and kick some butt.

-Grades, SAT scores, and GPA are not an accurate measure for intelligence. For example, I had a 4.00 GPA during sophomore year, and I had a 3.82 GPA once I graduated. Do I consider myself any dumber? No. I hate how our school system values grades so much that learning is often an afterthought.

-Prom wasn't really my thing, sorry. There's better things to spend my money on than just one high school dance. I'm glad that I didn't go to prom and I'm glad that I saved my money for better things like my future. I dunno, maybe my standards are too high, but whatever. I'm just glad that I am finally out of high school so I can have control on what I do with my life.

• Like 6

On 6/23/2018 at 3:45 PM, Renegade the Unicorn said:

All three of you need to be burned at the stake for heresy. :funny: 

Not sure if this is an "unpopular" opinion, but I despise anime purists. You know, the ones who insist that an anime is "butchered" if anything is changed in translating to English?

agreed since glitter force is fantastic

Just now, magic the veemon said:

agreed since glitter force is fantastic

Yeah, that's actually what solidified my opinion on anime purists: I tried recommending Glitter Force to someone on another forum, and they acted like it was "inferior" to Smile Precure. I talked to them a bit more, and found out they had very high standards when it came to anime, acting like everything down to the smallest detail had to be accurate to the Japanese version, ignoring how impossible this would actually be. Because, you know, it isn't like Japan has a different culture and certain things wouldn't be understood here in the States or anything.

16 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Yeah, that's actually what solidified my opinion on anime purists: I tried recommending Glitter Force to someone on another forum, and they acted like it was "inferior" to Smile Precure. I talked to them a bit more, and found out they had very high standards when it came to anime, acting like everything down to the smallest detail had to be accurate to the Japanese version, ignoring how impossible this would actually be. Because, you know, it isn't like Japan has a different culture and certain things wouldn't be understood here in the States or anything.

yeah that really is annoying like dubs can be mostly accurate but change some small things like names

On 6/25/2018 at 7:46 PM, CakeCup said:

-I honestly think that romantic relationships, at least for me, are somewhat overrated. I don't want to spend my time "waiting for my prince to come", I want to go out, explore the world, and kick some butt.

I've thought of same but I have been more open minded on relationships in stories. I think relationships work if the characters are more than just love interests and the relationship is healthy and has mutual respect. Otherwise, if your character's story is nothing but wanting love (unless it's complex like crazy ex-girlfriend, watch this show everyone!!!), then yeah it gets stale quickly.

• Like 1

-I guess this is unpopular based off our Discord discussion the other night, but I think “Never Be The Same” is fucking terrible.  It’s a slog of a song that has the most overdone metaphors in pop music history, does absolutely nothing new with it, is not sexy in the slightest, and Camila’s vocals are grating.  Sorry.

-The Carters album was a massive disappointment.  Felt like Jay’s “Magna Carta...Holy Grail” album on steroids.  That being said, APESHIT bangs.

-Despite thinking Post Malone is a piece of trash, I thought Beerbongs & Bentley’s was good.

-The main reason I think The Incredibles 2 > The Incredibles is because the family dynamic is explored so much better than it did in the first one and thus making it a better movie all the more for it.  Although I will agree The Screen Slaver reveal was extremely predictable from the first few minutes of screen time Evelyn had.  Still a damn excellent movie.

-Parks and Recreation >>>>>>>>>>>>> The Office.  Pretty sure I’ve said that before but now more than ever do I agree with this sentiment after binge watching both back to back.

-Mustard is the worst condiment out there.

-As much as I love the sport and as often as I play it, basketball is starting to become the most overexposed sport on television with the amount of screen time and news updates it gets on sport networks.  More so than football.  Hell its baseball season and baseball stories are taking a backseat to unnecessary in depth free agency updates on rotation players.

-Pepperoni is my least favorite pizza topping.  Last thing I want on my pizza is an extra salty meat.

Oh boy get ready for some very hot takes

I prefer watching Pieguyrulz over RebelTaxi. I don't hate RebelTaxi's content, but I find myself more interested and engaged when I watch Pieguy's content than I do with his.

"Edgy" people are an active detriment to society and the world, and the trend of being "edgy" needs to die before they cause any more damage than they already have.

I am honestly surprised SBM is still alive. SBC seems like it's pretty much actively better in every way, shape, and form--the only things SBM has over this place is that it has Abney, and Pieguy mentioned it.

Splatfests aren't rigged, but they sure as hell are stupid and someone at Nintendo needs to murder whatever it is that's causing the popularity curse.

I still really wanna read Crazy Celes by my own will in the Discord's voice chat. Just to say I did that. And probably for doubloons granted out of pity.

I like Season 10 and 11 of SpongeBob and think people are just being too over-critical. Especially animation-wise. I think the animation is actually really charming for those two seasons.

Hell, I think most people nowadays are being over-critical in general and want that trend to die (one more "the problems with <subject>" video on my recommended videos in youtube, and I swear to god, I'll scream)

And the hottest take of all...

New Burger King fries are not bad, and I prefer my fries without ketchup.

Edited by Camwoodstock
  • Like 1