• Advertisement

Unpopular opinions you have

E.V.I.L.

Shows with an ongoing story or narrative (Steven Universe, alot of TV dramas) have never appealed to me. I've always liked shows with little to no continuity where you can just watch one episode casually without referring to events from other episodes most of the time.

On 3/25/2019 at 7:53 PM, Thanos said:

Ant-Man would NOT be able to defeat me by crawling inside my ass and expanding. My butt is far too strong for that kind of nonsense, especially with the might of the Power Stone.

That’s like saying Green Book did NOT end racism.

I don't think you should shame anyone's....... "interests" unless they do something malicious with it. Sure, it's weird and easy to make fun of but at the end of the day they're somewhat normal people who happen to like weird things.

I don't understand the appeal of the Nintendo Switch, even after having gone out of my way to get a Smash Ultimate bundle in an effort to feign some interest in it.

Like...that thing just sits around my room and I only really play it on the odd occasion or just use it as another device for watching YouTube videos. I only have Smash Ultimate to play but I'm not necessarily any more inclined to buy anything else since I don't care for anything Nintendo has exclusively in their catalogue anyway.

Saying something sucks because “IT HAS NO SPIRIT” and that sort of thing is a complete bullshit argument people only use  to try to force their opinion as being some sort of fact when it isn’t by making it sound like liking it means you’re liking something spiritless....it’s complete bullshit used to force people to have the opinion or feel bad about it. In reality there’s no such fucking thing as that shit because it only just means the person finds it bad or good and they use that shit to force it upon others. It means literally nothing on how good something is or not because it doesn’t exist and is only used to force people to have an opinion or feel terrible about having it. Shows how awful this world is

Fairly similarily, I think the amount of effort put into something is overused as an argument. Using completetly overexggaerate how much lack of effort there is, as many things said as being effortless actually would have had tons of effort put into it. Additionally, even if something didn’t have much effort, it could still be good, and vice versa. Something could not have much effort into it snd still be entertaining. For example, theortically, if I made a simple, obvious pun that takes no effort to think of, many people could find that funny. And on the other side, theortically, I could spend a whole year making an extremely long book of thousands of pages with tons of effort put into it about how much I wanna kill a whole race, and that wouldn’t make it remotetly good at all. It’d still be horrible.

I don't care for those nose rings at all. There are so many girls around my area that have those, but I never understood all of that hoopla. I would imagine them being super uncomfortable, mainly because my nose tends to be quite sensitive. 

• Like 1

Most critics of things, both professional critics and just general people, actually are really being stupid with the way they criticize things. They basically dig for dumb reasons to hate things that don't even effect actual enjoyment literally at all and really don't matter. A lot of the reasons given to things to hate them are either completely ridiculous reasons to hate something, is a completely bullshit and nonsensical reason, is something they completely made up that doesn't exist (such as that whole stupid spirit and heart thing I made a post on above), or is something that you could say is true but doesn't effect enjoyment at all and really doesn't matter. It's really just that people want to hate almost anything for whatever goddamn reason, probably having to do with how the world as a whole seems to be more depressing nowadays. In reality most of the things that are hated don't deserve to be hated at all, especially considering almost nothing isn't hated at this point, and when it isn't hated, it's usually circle jerked to annoying extents. There's been times where I think someone seems to be very smart with what they're saying on things, but them I slowly realize that what they're saying is actually really stupid and bullshit.

• Like 1