• Advertisement

Unpopular opinions you have

E.V.I.L.

"Spiderman: Far From Home" is unwatchable garbage and frankly the worst Spiderman movie to be released. It's an unimaginative rehash of "Homecoming", you see the twist coming a mile away, and it has by far the worst romantic subplot ever in a Spiderman movie, at least that's how I see it.

I'm sorry but years later and I still have to say it.

Disliking something for being too popular (i.e. Uptown Funk) is a bullshit excuse. If you hate something from the start even before it was popular, fine by me. If you like something from the start but think it doesn't age well overtime, that also is fine. But if you say you like it from the start and then start hating it using its popularity as an excuse, then you seriously sound like a total hipster.

With all that being said, "Old Town Road" is fine but not as memorably great as "Uptown Funk" and it needs to go the hell away right now.

• Like 1

Shrek 3 always been a pretty good movie in my book.I think it’s  reception for the most part is perfectly fair,but I still enjoyed it a lot even on a recent rewatch.

Shrek 4 though can go die from all I care

Those instagram stans for the Beatles, Queen, and the MCU are painful to watch when they come up on my Explore page.

edit: but, granted, people have doing this type of nonsense for years but with social media nowadays, it's amplified.

Edited by jdfr03
I didn't want to come off as mean sorry lol

Static Cling > Enter The Florpus

Most of this has to do with that I wasn’t as big on Invader Zim as others, but Rocko’s Netflix special was just genuinely more entertaining and was better crafted.

More unpopular opinions from me:

-While I can understand why so many people love Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, I don't think I'll ever understand the internet's obsession with it.

-I think Greta Van Fleet is a fine enough band and while I get why several people can't stand them, I don't get the outrage towards them. The way I see it, people treat GVF as if they're the first band to copy Led Zeppelin when other bands have taken a page from them even since during LZ's time (Lest we forget about Wolfmother, who were a thing a decade ago?). Also, if anything, GVF vibe to me as generalization of 70s classic rock rather than a band that bases itself off of just one particular act.

-That in which brings me to my next topic. While some of you may already know that I feel that the trend in which people call anything a rip-off and accuse its creators of plagiarism whatever chance they get needs to die, I think killing the trend can start with killing the popular Kimba/Lion King debate that's still going on. Yes, both properties have their similarities, but how do we know that Disney legitimately plagiarized Kimba the White Lion when they haven't said a word about the particular Tezuka property after, what, 25 years now? Perhaps if The Lion King were to have the exact same structure as Kimba, to say the least. It's also harder to see much of a point in accusing the film of being a rip-off of Kimba especially when you consider that the people who've worked on it have only by far said that they used material from Hamlet and Bambi to craft the story for the film. And if we aren't calling TLK a rip-off of Hamlet or Bambi based on that distinction, why bother continue to try and get anyone responsible for creating the film to admit stealing material from Kimba (or Jungle Emperor/Taitei, whatever you'd prefer to call it)?

-Criticizing Pixar's Cars for having no discernible logic on why every character in its universe is a sentient car is one of the dumbest reasons to criticize the film. My feelings towards this attitude worsens not only when I see videos analyzing the movie while focusing only on the logic that's not there, but when i also stumble upon convoluted theories where people either try to explain why the characters are what they are or theorize that the cars are actually not cars. The point that needs to be made here is that trying to explain the logic in a film like Cars makes the film less interesting. On top of that, I just don't see the point in trying to explain the logic in the Cars films and the universe that co-exists with it because there never really was any logic in them to begin with. It's a film franchise about talking cars. The logic is already gone you bloody idiots. Besides, do I ever see anyone complain about how Toy Story never explains why the toys walk and talk when humans aren't around to see them? Yeah, I thought so.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 10:11 PM, Wintermelon43 said:

Modern pop music is the best pop music has ever been and I like most recent songs of the genre. 

Agreed! I enjoy lot of new pop acts like Banks,  Betty Who,  Kim Petras, XYLO,  Loote, Hopium. I still like the classics but pop music tends to age the horribly imo. 

Edited by CorruptedMemory

Don't know if I've stated this unpopular opinion yet or not, but Pokemon Go is still a great mobile game three years after the fad died out.  I re-downloaded it about a year ago and it's even more addicting now than it was then.  Plus the game not completely crashing as often as it did three years ago is another huge plus.

I can't stand pepperoni, pizza topping or not. It just always tastes extremely overly salty and gross to me.

I really hate the argument that's like "It's crazy that a children's show is tackling X topic with more respect than something for adults". Like, it's really situational on whether or not it works, but I've seen a lot of it from cartoon fans on the internet that's like "It's crazy MLP discusses X topic better than a show like Family Guy (or just whatever adult animated show they decide to turn into a punching bag, not that I don't dislike Family Guy but you get my point)". They're two absolutely different shows with different tones and approaches to covering topics, regardless on how you feel about either show personally, so one is going to be way more respectful because it's in that show's DNA to treat it seriously where something like Family Guy tends to go low-brow and make offensive jokes. Most often, it just comes down to comparing apples to oranges.

Edited by CyanideFishbone

Tootsie rolls are kind of icky to me. The texture feels like old gum that's been sitting out in the summer sun, and they don't even taste that chocolate-y. It's the faintest chocolate flavor that I have ever tasted. Feel free to call me stuck-up, but I prefer finer chocolates like Lindt and Godiva. I say that this is a little bit of an unpopular opinion because most people that I am familiar with don't mind the taste and texture of Tootsie rolls. 

On the flip side, I think that Whoppers (the malted milk balls) are one of the best products that Hershey's has ever produced. Malted milk balls in general are just divine, but I understand why some people have an aversion to those little morsels. 

We Built This City is far from the worst song ever written. Yeah it sucks loads but ehh on one hand shit like this exists and makes me sick to my stomach from every angle and also this and way more but on the other hand I get why someone would enjoy it. It's basically everything about 80's music Super Saiyan charged shittily into one song and it's corny as hell. Also it's just a pretty innocuous song that I just can't stay angry at it. It's just obnoxiously stupid and depressing considering how far Jefferson Airplane fell considering the psychedelic giants they were, but ehh, at least they admitted they fucked up (or at least Grace Slick did)

On 7/30/2019 at 9:53 AM, Nick Cannon said:

With all that being said, "Old Town Road" is fine but not as memorably great as "Uptown Funk" and it needs to go the hell away right now.

Another unpopular opinion: This user on SBC is horrible at keeping his hot takes consistent because I actually warmed up to "Old Town Road".