• Advertisement

SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 2: Sponge Out Of Water (News)

Jjs Goodman

You know guys, they didn't say the characters aren't going to be in CGI animation (Neptune knows if they are). The whole news describes the muscled-up bodies are CGI-LIKE. I don't know if that means that the movie is really going to be in CGI, I could be wrong, but what I can assure is what I've just said, all in black and white.

Let's not go into a demise right now. We're still 2 years away from the film.

I don't know about adding CG-esque styles and the 3D add-in, but well...another day, another passing trend.

Fixed.

I'm thinking that Spongebob's visit to the human world will only comprise part of the plot. Remember that Hillenburg is directing this, so I doubt he's coming up with an incredibly bizarre storyline.

• Like 1

....I really don't get why you guys are so angry about Spongebob heading to the surface world...

You guys do remember that he did that in the first movie and has done so several times in the series, right? And it's been awesome every time... I can see being angry about CGI, but getting angry about SB going to the surface? That's just cray-cray.

• Like 1

....I really don't get why you guys are so angry about Spongebob heading to the surface world...

You guys do remember that he did that in the first movie and has done so several times in the series, right? And it's been awesome every time... I can see being angry about CGI, but getting angry about SB going to the surface? That's just cray-cray.

Oh come on. Back then it was fine, but look at the Smurfs...

Or possibly any recent movies of cartoon characters going to the human world...

From a writer's perspective, Spongebob going to the surface world is a good idea. I have no qualms with an idea like that as long as it's executed well.

Oh wow dang, I can't believe we got some info about the movie already. Hopefully this isn't a full CGI movie. The whole idea of SpongeBob traveling to the surface is what I dreamed for the movie to have. :D :D :D

I don't know why you think it'll be bad. When SB went to the surface in Pressure, it was hilarious. When SB went to the surface in the movie, it was amazing (David Hasslehoff FTW) . When SB went to the surface in Bubble Troubles (which aired only a year ago, and it was nothing like the Smurfs, mind you) it was awesome. I don't know why you think the thing will be Smurfs like when every time SB has gone to the surface, it's been anything but.

Bah, nobody listens very clearly. But I am still making a response to the fact that the news we're looking at doesn't sum up the movie in its entirety.

Also, in response to this CGI gig, I hereby quote a certain source,

the 2014 Spongebob movie will have the same style of animation as its TV counterpart.

I can seem to notice that it's using some CGI, but I can already tell that the way it's going to use CG type of animation in any way is making you guys seem enraged. Pretty much, the movie industry's heavy reliance with 3-D showings and CGI does give me a tick. Also, I don't know if Spongebob going to the surface world is the entire plot, considering that we're ages away from the film. In other words, PatGhost, don't think of the gutter (The Smurfs), when looking into the Spongebob movie, and SG, Paul Tibbitt is actually directing, Hillenburg is producer.

Your logic makes no sense. It's not time or the year that matters, it's who writes and directs the production. The second SB film's crew is obviously different from the crew that made The Smurfs. Like Aquatics said, Spongebob has a history of adapting well to the surface world.

Going to the surface is actually perfect for the movie, I think. There's a lot to be desired when it comes to references to the surface, and I think that it'll be AWESOME to see the cast above water for an extended period of time (longer than a few minutes, which is the most we've gotten). As for CGI... I don't see what's so bad about this. I'm praying the quality of it is up to par with that of Pixar's animation, and if it isn't... well, then they shouldn't be doing CGI in the first place.

Either way, incredibly excited for this movie.

• Like 1

Going to the surface for the movie actually isn't the dumbest of ideas. You can only come up with so much ideas for underwater locations, and, hey, if they do it well, I'm perfectly fine with it. Oh, and I believe the movie will NOT be animated with entirely-CGI. So, honestly, I'm fine with it.