• Advertisement

SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 2: Sponge Out Of Water (News)

Jjs Goodman

Well this is definitely exciting and I'm looking forward to it. And I'm glad it seems they're taking the time to do this right, but to be honest, it is unlikely this will have as good quality as the first one if Stephen isn't involved. I can't wait to hear more details about it and hell yeah even tho I'll be 25 (damn lol) of course I'll be one of the first ones in line, it's a SpongeBob movie! I never got to see the first in the theaters, so :P

See? Now you all know what I felt like waiting years for The Muppets! But, uh, anyway, I think this is a good opportunity to give the series a real revival. Not to say ''the new episodes suck and I hate Paul Tibbit and blah blah nostalgia nostalgia nostalgia'', but I really do think that this could turn the show from its current lackluster state.

HOLY COW WHAT? WAIT SERIOUSLY? OMG I CANT WAIT AND AM NOW SO EXCITED. but they better bring back hillenburg and the old writers for this next movie production. otherwise its gonna suck and might even be gross and spongebob will more than likely be cancelled. however, for those of you who oppose and say to me that just because the newer episodes weren't as good as the older ones doesn't mean that the new writers can't make a good movie, then how come they can't make decent episodes most of the time?

if the second movie ends up being as good as the first one, then that will show off these post movie writer's real and true talent which would be proof that they actually can write good stuff, which will make post movie haters wonder why they didn't write like that when they were first hired for season four...so ya, basically they probably can't write a good movie, so hillenburg must come back just for the second movie production.

if the new writers are the ones who write the script and it ends up being as good as the first one then......wow. shame on them for not also making good episodes. but like i said, i truly doubt that will happen and if it does, i bet it will be the end of spongebob. so if a second movie does come out in 2004, they will likely have hillenburg and the old writers make the script. or i could be wrong. you never know. the bottom line is, i i strongly await this movie.

HOLY COW WHAT? WAIT SERIOUSLY? OMG I CANT WAIT AND AM NOW SO EXCITED. but they better bring back hillenburg and the old writers for this next movie production. otherwise its gonna suck and might even be gross and spongebob will more than likely be cancelled. however, for those of you who oppose and say to me that just because the newer episodes weren't as good as the older ones doesn't mean that the new writers can't make a good movie, then how come they can't make decent episodes most of the time?

if the second movie ends up being as good as the first one, then that will show off these post movie writer's real and true talent which would be proof that they actually can write good stuff, which will make post movie haters wonder why they didn't write like that when they were first hired for season four...so ya, basically they probably can't write a good movie, so hillenburg must come back just for the second movie production.

if the new writers are the ones who write the script and it ends up being as good as the first one then......wow. shame on them for not also making good episodes. but like i said, i truly doubt that will happen and if it does, i bet it will be the end of spongebob. so if a second movie does come out in 2004, they will likely have hillenburg and the old writers make the script. or i could be wrong. you never know. the bottom line is, i i strongly await this movie.

how about you give it a chance before jumping to conclusions? srsly, give a valid argument instead of just the new eps sucks. there has been some new eps have liked IMHO

i don't hate nostalgics, but at least RESPECT others who still like the new eps

how about you give it a chance before jumping to conclusions? srsly, give a valid argument instead of just the new eps sucks. there has been some new eps have liked IMHO

i don't hate nostalgics, but at least RESPECT others who still like the new eps

I find it quite funny that he thinks that Pre-Movie writers will save the movie when we have four Pre Movie writers on the show right now (Paul Tibbitt and Aaron Springer, Mr. Lawrence, Vincent Waller) and that they've all written their fair share of bad episodes. What'll make the movie good is effort. Pre-Movie writers are not a saving grace that make everything great.

Anyway, I hope that since they have two years to work on the movie (the same timeframe for the first one) that it'll be even better than the first, or at least on par with it. I'm really excited for the movie. We've had episodes with animation that rivals the movie's animation (Truth Or Square, Mooncation) so I'm banking on some really awesome animation.

These next two years of waiting are gonna be excruciating.

I find it quite funny that he thinks that Pre-Movie writers will save the movie when we have four Pre Movie writers on the show right now (Paul Tibbitt and Aaron Springer, Mr. Lawrence, Vincent Waller) and that they've all written their fair share of bad episodes. What'll make the movie good is effort. Pre-Movie writers are not a saving grace that make everything great.

Anyway, I hope that since they have two years to work on the movie (the same timeframe for the first one) that it'll be even better than the first, or at least on par with it. I'm really excited for the movie. We've had episodes with animation that rivals the movie's animation (Truth Or Square, Mooncation) so I'm banking on some really awesome animation.

These next two years of waiting are gonna be excruciating.

I really don't think old writers doing the script is going to change anything. And even if all the old writers came back, I think they'd have a hard time writing for the characters as they've changed a bit since those writers left (i.e. SpongeBob is just nonstop happy and sad, Squidward is more sultry and depressed than ever before, Mr. Krabs is a cold-hearted-money-grubbing tyrant). However, I think this is a chance to give the characters we've known for so long so much more depth and emotion. We may see a side of SpongeBob we've never seen before in this movie, or maybe of Patrick or Squidward or even Sandy, as she is sadly underused. The movie could be a great opportunity for a series revival, or just another money making scheme fueled by Nickelodeon feeding off of the minds of SpongeBob's target demographic; kids. It's really up to us, the fans, when you think about it. We can either make this a great movie or jump to conclusions before we're even sure this is really going to happen. It's our choice.

Yeah, hopefully Sandy will have a much bigger role in this movie.

THIS. Just what were the writers on giving Sandy that itty bitty role?

Guys remember that she WAS going to be in the movie more. In a deleted scene, she was shown meeting up SB and Pat in Shell City trying to get away from like, CIA people or something.

Guys remember that she WAS going to be in the movie more. In a deleted scene, she was shown meeting up SB and Pat in Shell City trying to get away from like, CIA people or something.

Oh yea, I forgot about that. But even with that kept in, I think fans still would have out cried about her small role.

This would be even better if it was the series finale.

It would be just great to end out with a big boom, and maybe a tribute to the fans.

Minus that, i'm looking forward to this movie.