• Advertisement

Former Voice contestant/YouTube star Christina Grimmie shot three times after concert. Dies shortly afterwards.

Clappy

Just read about this on the news before I went to bed.  Singer Christina Grimmie, best known for being a finalist on The Voice two years ago but also had a huge YouTube following prior, was shot three times after her concert in Orlando during an autograph signing.  The gunman then killed himself after shooting Grimmie.

My prayers are absolutely with Christina right now since the news report states she is in critical condition at the hospital.  Absolutely disgusted to hear that this gunman was able to get past security at a concert venue of all places with not just one gun, but he had two guns.  Concerts are suppose to be a highlight for musicians and the fact that she was shot multiple times doing what she loved makes me sick to my stomach.  I hope she survives this and keeps doing what she loves because having your life cut short at the age of 22 is absolutely heartbreaking.

Oh my God... so sad to hear this. I have a couple of her songs on my iTunes; her covers are fantastic. I heard about her here on SBC from 70s. I hope she makes it, she has so much talent and potential and she seems like such a genuine and good-hearted woman. 

• Like 1

Topic titled fixed.  Heartbreaking to see someone so talented have her life cut so short.  Never watched her YouTube videos (but was aware of who she was thanks to 70s, Dylan, and Ex talking about her on the XAT before), but her season of The Voice was the last season I legitimately watched from beginning to end.  Thought she had huge potential and was pleased she made it to the finals of that season.  May she rest in peace.

• Like 1

World's a fucked up place, only takes a few notable deaths to realize it, and this adds to the list of "OK, we get it already!"

R.I.P., June's easily on track for the worst month of them all so far.

I'm just so angry and sad, I've been crying on and off all day. She was only 22! Signing autographs for fans and someone murders her at a concert, what should be a safe place for musicians and their fans. She was such a lovely girl, and so much potential is just lost now. 

Rest in peace, Christina. You'll be missed.