• Advertisement

The Powerpuff Girls Reboot 2016

Clappy

First impressions, I can say that the reboot looks good, but I'm kinda tired of the same, similar looking character designs. The Clarence/Steven Universe/Uncle Grandpa/We Bare Bears/etc. style doesn't feel like it belongs IMO.

Edited by Mermaid Magic

That clip didn't really leave much of an impression on me but maybe that's because it was so short. The art style doesn't look terrible at least and the voice acting isn't the best but still tolerable. 

I don't have high expectations for this but it looks okay so far.

Edited by Katniss

I don't hate the theme song, but I really hate the change in animation style. The PPG look similar to how they were but all the other characters look like they belong in Gumball or Clarence and it doesn't mesh well (unless they're trying to convey that the girls don't fit in - but I doubt that's what they're going for). That clip with "Manboy" really highlighted all of my fears for this reboot. He's a lazily designed villain with an uncreative name and hook and he doesn't even look like he belongs in the show. Hopefully that was just an off clip and the rest of the show is fine, but when they're trying to live up to a gallery of villains that was so insanely unique it's not a good start when they're first freshly-designed villain is a boy lumberjack (which, I would guess, is because that look is hip right now and not because they actually thought that was a creative look for a villain, or because they wanted to score brownie points on the Internet).

• Like 1

Yeah, the writing here is rather lazy. Anyone of us can write this type of "girl power" crap.

In fact, I'll try that right now.

Man: "Aha, I am a man! There's no possible way that a girl can defeat me, a man!"

Girl: "Let's see about that! HIYA!"

(Girl beats up Man)

Man: "Oh no, I have been defeated! Oh no, this girl has defeated me, a man! Thus to make a point that men and women should be treated with equal respect! I'll be taking my Emmy now."

Edited by Rock
thanks for the phish tickets, john