• Advertisement

The Powerpuff Girls Reboot 2016

Clappy

You know, now that I think about it, just because a character on the show is modeled and named after a writer on the show, does that really mean that it's supposed to serve as a self-insert to be paired with Blossom? I'm not trying to defend the show and I don't know anything about Jake Goldman, but was it stated anywhere officially by the staff or studio that Jake really has a thing for Blossom? It's just that animators modeling characters off themselves or their voice actor isn't really strange. Disney, Pixar, and Dreamworks do it all the time. I mean, Mermaid Man is modeled after his voice actor Ernest Borgnine, but that didn't mean that Ernest was a senile old man who wanted to be an underwater superhero for SpongeBob to worship. Maybe the animators saw Jake Goldman and thought his nerdy appearance would match the nerdy Jared character and thought it would be funny if he voiced him too? Again, I don't know if that's for sure, but saying it's meant to have pedophile implications is going too far unless Jake Goldman or someone on the show has confirmed it. I don't watch this show, but to me right now it feels kinda like this whole creepy self-insert claims is just so that haters have another thing to gripe about why the show should be cancelled.

• Like 1

yay new controversy 

powerpuff-996x500.png

there's gonna be a new Powerpuff named Bliss, supposedly she's Bubbles' imaginary friend and turns out to be actually real. (source from Riss and Fall of Nickelodeon and The Roundtable)

Whether she's a permanent member of the team, who knows. At first I thought the design was out there, the hips (wtf, she's like 5) and the blue hair is ugly. Though representation of different races is nice, it's too bad she's just drenched in wearing neon colors that dont suit her that well. And couldn't they already make do with Bunny? Their REAL fourth Powerpuff Girl from the original series which had an emotional ending? Or just keep "Bliss"'s dark skin and give her Bunny's old brunette hair. They already stole Bunny's purple dress anyways. :(  it is/isn't Bubbles' imaginary friend (hi Foster's) so I guess I can excuse that? there seems be a bit promotion with this, so definitely will see more of Bliss around. Hopefully she has a good personality.. or we can hope.

I stopped caring for PPG reboot, I only saw two episodes anyway but I'll say that creating a new character for sake of boosting ratings is just like how FOP did many times and it won't end up well, unless the character is actually compelling or better than original 3 in the reboot.

I'm pretty much open for a fourth member. I'm only seriously hoping that the writers will do something significant with Bliss' character.

Of course, I'm also saying this because I know not to prejudge based on a simple preview or the character's looks alone than cast it off as someone's crappy perfect/angsty/hipster/Mary Sue/SJW/pandering to political correctness/feminist/privileged/Starbucks/Hot Topic/Forever 21/pastel goth/Instagram model/urban outfitter/fine jewelry/maxi/short skirts/t-shirts/DIY makeup tutorial/Tumblr/Deviantart/Fanfiction/Pinterest/Facebook/Snapchat/MySpace/#BringBackTheOldCN/self-insert/androgynous/teenage girl OC, like some folks already have.

Edited by Steel Sponge

I don't think "The Powerpuff Girls" reboot is bad; at LEAST they're TRYING to stick to the spirit of the original (which is more than we can say for the GOD-AWFUL "Teen Titans Go!") :rolleyes: But I certainly wouldn't call the reboot of "The Powerpuff Girls" BETTER than the ORIGINAL! o.o If I had to give a rating on a scale, I would say it's better than "Johnny Quest," but NOT quite as good as "My Gym Partner's a Monkey."

• Like 1