• Advertisement

Sanjay and Craig

Ron

Nickelodeon's newest animated show, Sanjay and Craig, which follows the hijinks of Sanjay and Craig as they try to hide the fact that Craig the snake can talk.

The 20-episode first season premieres May 25, 2013 with a cast made up of actors from 30 Rock, Arrested Development, and Breaking Bad.

It feels like Nick's trying to replicate the success of Regular Show and Adventure Time, tbh. =/ What do you all think? Are you gonna tune in?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7nP1p7MARw

I really want to get out of this era of this stupid "small hands and limbs made of noodles" style. Granted the show looks more like Bob's Burgers than Adventure Time/Regular Show, but it's still really grating to see this really generic (and frankly terrible) style all the time. Let's get back to actual cartoon styles, please; I'm dying for more shows to look like My Life as a Teenage Robot or Mighty B or Tuff Puppy.

That said this doesn't look terrible. It certainly doesn't look groundbreaking (let's save those cartoons for Disney Channel) but I'll certainly be able to stomach it. Hopefully.

• Like 4

This show looks okay, but I hope Nick actually sticks with the show, because this is what usually happens to most of their new shows:

1. Nick promotes and hypes it up.

2. They eventually start to lose interest in it.

3. It stops airing new episodes frequently and goes on many hiatuses.

4. It completely disappears from the line-up.

5. The remaining episodes are burned off on Nicktoons Network.

Not saying that will happen with this show (as Nick seems to have a lot of faith in it), but it could happen one day in the near future. I like SB and TMNT and all, but I wish Nick would give some more chances for their other shows. Penguins of Madagascar and TUFF Puppy were both pretty popular, but they seem to be going down that road as well.

buster is in this show...also for the most part i don't give a two flaps of an ass about the noodle limbs thang but this show looks like gravity falls done through flash. 

also the 90s called

THEY WANT THEIR COMMERCIAL BACK

I thought this would be a show about Sanjay from the Fairly OddParents, I was disappointed. http://www.thesbcommunity.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/sad.png

This. When I saw this, I thought Sanjay got a spin-off?!?!? Then. I watched the trailer and couldn't help but feel underwhelmed.

It's not using Flash and CGI. IT'S NOT IN FLASH AND/OR CGI. Probably the only thing I care about when it comes to this show's quality.

It kinda sorta looks unoriginal when it comes to the character designs, but perhaps that's because somebody who worked on Bob's Burgers pretty much did this show.

Didn't watch the first episode, but the one about laughing really wasn't that bad.  I mean sure it had it's moments, but there is a lot worse stuff on Nickelodeon right now.  Hi Marvin Marvin!

• Like 1