• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Worst Episodes Ever! (20 Years Edition)

OWM

The Main Drain is definitely terrible - the 2nd worst Legends episode behind Sponge-Cano. I'm amazed that it skyrocketed so high on the list this year, but by no means am I complaining.

Yours, Mine and Mine, meanwhile, is one of the worst episodes of the show without any doubt in my mind. I'm a little sad it dipped a bit on the list, but I hope it stays around this area of the list, if not getting higher eventually.

• Like 1

lmfao both episodes ended up being on my list.

Yours Mine and Mine was at #25, man what a shitstain and childish episode that made me mad at Patrick throughout and the entire episode was so pointless and boring that it didn't need to exist. I'm all for simple episodes if they actually provide some comedy in it but this had barely no comedy at all and I hated that Patrick learned nothing in the end.

YES!!! THE MAIN DRAIN IS ON THE LIST. I hate this episode so much, a lot more than rest of Legends of Bikini Bottom episodes. When we talk about pointless episodes, it's right here. The conflict they set up made no sense whatsoever, the episode had nothing going on, jokes are nonexistent, the whole Patrick unplugging the drain is so idiotic and forced and in the end, all of this doesn't matter because it is a story told by SpongeBob. That's what it pisses me off most. I can get into "it was all a dream" cliche if it was something like Da Boom episode of Family Guy or The Sting episode of Futurama, those stories made actual sense on the twist as a whole and both of them had conflict and they were entertaining. God, why am I even comparing those masterpieces to this abomination? The whole end is a big lazy attempt to justify all the plot holes the episode gave us and it is so insulting. It's like the writers knew this episode made no sense in a bad way, so they decided to hamfist that cliche but that whole aspect made it so much worse. Coffee was on point throughout. This episode is such a lousy, boring and insulting episode that I'm glad it finally cracked the worst list and surprisingly it was higher than I anticipated. Good riddance, the episode deserves every single hatred.

Nitwitting: Only episode to be genuinely offensive to the audience with how it expects stupidity alone to be enough, both to me as a viewer and just the vibes it gives off of the nitwitters being....mentally challenged. Plus the pacing was ass and the ending a Deus Ex, easy bottom 5 for me

Summer Job: SpongeBob irritates Puff. Did commentary before and still agree it blows hard

Sponge-cano: Never considered but looking on the plot making no sense and just being irritating I'll have to consider next time

Whobob: Glad to see it rise up for butchering characterization, don't have it on but I was really concerned with it dropping previous years.

Cent: Bastardized Krabs at its finest, another 50 not 25 episode for me so this is a fair spot.

Squid's Visit: Would be cool if not for a SpongeBob episode where the characters don't fit this type of horror shtick. Still on mine and it's a shame

Fungus: RIP the former number 2, never cared for it as it's just...there to me. Nothing really sticks out as egregious and it's pretty forgettable, at least pirate wrestling was funny?

Rodeo Daze: Last year I thought we were crazy for having it, didn't have it this year either but I'm seriously thinking of entering it relatively high on mine as it just makes everyone out to be bitchy at each other for no reason on top of the wasted potential with an actual rodeo.

YM&M: Always one of those episodes which I should hate but couldn't bring myself to. It's understandable how irritating it is but it just doesn't faze me. Not gonna try to defend it though still a trainwreck.

Main Drain:....still don't think it should be on here at all, the ending is confusing I'll give it that, but the rest of the episode is so mild that it's impossible to be offensive. There's far worse in terms of just dragging on (hi season 8 nice to meet you) that it should absolutely be lower, at least below far worse offenders on this list like House Sittin', and it's definitely not a worse Legends episode than Sponge-Cano, know it's arbitrary based on when it was made production wise but it does irk me a bit to see this place over Cano.

where's farmerbob

jk but I think I'll just post my opinions on the episodes once the list is over

though

The Nitwitting: I like the concept but its your average Season 11-12 episode that goes all over the place, but its more coherent than the worst, such as FarmerBob and Don't Feed the Clowns, which makes episodes like Stuck in the Wringer and A Pal for Gary look tolerable, 3/10.

Edited by SI-LLY

Yay another double made my list day!

Yours, Mine and Mine: :thinkegg:

The Main Drain: This episode you’d think wouldn’t be bottom 25. It feels harmless and just existent, and even has a great joke with the wet floor gag, as well as another very good gag with Patrick’s creepy music. But like.,. this episode is just so horribly written that it made me put it on my list. I rarely say this kind of thing, but the writing felt actually lazy and done ridiculously quickly here. The plot makes literally no sense; if the drain was opened and sucked all of bikini bottom, why is bikini bottom still perfectly fine? And espicially how could Mr Krabs and Plankton have pulled the plug in that case?

Spoiler

50. :thinkegg:

49. :thinkegg:

48. :thinkegg:

47. WhoBob WhatPants (#27)

46. Waiting (#46)

45. The Googly Artiste (#46)

44. :thinkegg:

43. :thinkegg:

42. The Fish Bowl (#50)

41. The Play’s The Thing (#44)

40. :thinkegg:

39. :thinkegg:

38. The Nitwitting (#30)

37. House Sittin for Sandy (#35)

36. :thinkegg:

35. :thinkegg:

34. :thinkegg:

33. :thinkegg:

32. :thinkegg:

31. Squid's Visit (#25)

30. :thinkegg:

29. Sportz? (#33)

28. :lennythink:

27.  Fungus Among Us (#24)

26. :thinkegg:

25. You Don’t Know Sponge (#45)

24. The Main Drain (#21)

23. :thinkegg:

22. :thinkegg:

21. Face Freeze (#40)

20. :thinkegg:

19. Summer Job (#29)

18. :thinkegg:

17. To Love a Patty (#32)

16. :thinkegg:

15. :thinkegg:

14. :thinkegg:

13. Cephalopod Lodge (#39)

12. Shuffleboarding (#37)

11. :thinkegg:

10. :thinkegg:

9. :thinkegg:

8. :thinkegg:

7. :thinkegg:

6. :thinkegg:

5. :thinkegg:

4. Yours, Mine and Mine (#22)

3. :lennythink:

2. :thinkegg:

1. :thinkegg:

8/25 18/50

Also with how far we’ve made it into the list without it showing,  Little Yellow Book defitenly missed the list this year. Let’s all celebrate the end of this very good episode missing the list! :happy:

"Yours, Mine, and Mine" is Out of Character Patrick, being written at his ABSOLUTE worst (until "Ink Lemonade" came around, of course!) :D However, its still wasn't bad enough to get onto my personal list. "The Main Drain" had an interesting plot idea, and honestly might be an early attempt at "The Tidal Zone" episodes. However, I honestly don't think that "The Main Drain" is a bad episode, just mediocre at WORST! :rolleyes: Squidward: "Mediocre?" :hysterical: I wonder what episodes await us in the bottom 20? I guess we'll find out soon enough! :cool: Enough said, true believers! ;)

Main Drain is not bottom 25 worthy y’all are crazy 

and I’m not saying this because I love the episode, I just don’t see how it’s so frustrating to like most members here compared to other episodes, including 3 other Legends episodes that are much more hard to watch. I accept your opinions but I’m just honestly baffled?

Yours, Mine and Mine sucks but not close to my bottom 25.

this list killing me this year

• Sad 1
  • God Himself 1

Fungus Among Us: I was never really grossed out by this one, it's mostly fine.
Rodeo Daze: Everytime I rewatch this one, I forget about it about 15 minutes later. Bleh.
Yours, Mine and Mine: Yeah, screw this one.
The Main Drain: I probably would've found this one fine if it wasn't for the horrendously stupid """""twist""""".

Welp, I did my (admittedly half-baked and tired) spiel on AYHN. I'm legit surprised Little Yellow Book made it on though, as I really thought it was gonna drop off this year. I never considered it for my list as I think the first half is okay, but I get why people dislike it enough to put it here.

Edited by jjsthekid

I honestly find Are You Happy Now an interesting episode to not include on my list. It's a poorly executed episode that has no idea how depression works and the resolution to the plot makes Squidward kind of a sociopath but I just can't seem to hate it. Even if it's a badly done episode, I find it interesting how this episode tried to be mature with this concept that shouldn't be in this type of show. I'll also say that I honestly like SpongeBob in it. Even if he miserably fails at making Squidward happy, his intentions are good. The ending is still so disturbing but I liked him enough here. I can see it why it's very high on the list because it's a commentary on depression that doesn't work on a show like SpongeBob.

Little Yellow Book isn't on my list but like I said in my last year's commentary, this episode is very messy with its plot that it has no idea of what's supposed to be, thus created a weird ass divide between fans on this episode. Am I supposed to be on side of Patrick and Bikini Bottomies considering they were also the ones that listened Squidward reading SpongeBob's diary? Or Squidward who got a horrible treatment by the town but yet still acts like an ass towards SpongeBob at the end? Or is it SpongeBob who is the victim here, yet his diary became a best seller and it was not even his real diary until he took his real one with him and Squidward read it due to his stupidity? Might as well say Mr. Krabs is the protagonist because this episode is so confusing. Forget all of this, am I supposed to think that none of them are right? If so, why? The episode never delves into these subjects, so it ends up being such a hollow mean-spirited episode that has no likeable characters in it. It only avoided my list because I thought stuff like "I had a brother once" and Afro Krabs made me laugh. Screw anything else though.

While I don't think that Little Yellow Book is 25 bottom worthy at least because it has fair share of pretty good jokes, it's still terrible episode all in all. The most awful thing about it is that it didn't HAD to be bad. All elements of good episode were right here, but for some reason writers did EVERY CONCIOUS DESICION IMAGINABLE to make this episode hard to watch. They didn't had to make townspeople hypocrites, but they did, they didn't had to make Squidward an asshole, but they did, they didn't had to make this dumb comedic ending, but. they. did. It frustrates me more than the actual episode, tbh. It feels like watching some kind of let's play on youtube and screaming "WHY ARE YOU PLAYING SO BADLY, IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO BE BETTER THAN THIS." 

Are You Happy Now is one of the few episodes in the series that I can genuinely call offensive. It's truly has distasteful jokes and jarring tonal shifts that are really uncomfortable to watch. While I agree with most that jjs said, I disagree with one little detail. SpongeBob wouldn't be able to touch such serious and nuanced subject matter period, precisely because pre-movie writers (or any competent writers on the show at any points at time) would've likely understood that it's just doesn't fit the show's tone. SpongeBob can be sometimes serious and emotional, but depression is above and beyond simple and understandable topics like losing a pet or having a beef with friend. This episode just doesn't feel like SpongeBob, it feels like some bad edgy fan-fiction at best, not something that was approved and written by professional writers and storyboarders. 

• Thanks 1

Little Yellow Book: ?Little Yellow Book missed the list!!!!!!?

Hmm, let’s see what 20 eps are the obvious bottom 20 left......

wait

There’s only 19 obvious episodes? What the hell is the 20th left? Maybe I just forgot to liet something since my first list of predictions before the list started didn’t have The Splinter or Boating Buddies either

Checks last year’s list

There’s nothing missing?

Oh god this means LYB could still make it O_O

Please don’t be LYB Please don’t be LYB Please don’t be LYB Please don’t be...... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHY

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Ok seriously though I thought and hoped this episode would fall a lot down if not even miss the list entirely because I noticed people didn’t seem to hate it quite as much as they did before. It’s hated only just like many other 9a episodes nowadays... or at least I thought. Then I calculated what about 22 eps would make it 2 days ago, and calculated again for the bottom 20, and noticed all the eps were clear.... except one. I figured it must have been LYB since that was more likely than any other possibilities. As for my thoughts on the episode. I honestly really like it. It’s very funny to me, with things such as everything in sb’s diary thats shown in this episode, I HAD A BROTHER ONCE, Squidward’s house being taken away for reading a diary, etc. Also the only thing I dislike in the episode is the very end. I honestly don’t think Squidward is ooc or too mean here, this seems like th exact kind of thing he would do.

Are You Happy Now?: Honestly I completetly forgot about this ep in terms of what will make the list until a few days ago when I checked what eps would still make it. Honestly, I disagree with this ep making the list because I really like the depressing mood to it and it’s pretty entertaining and funny, but I get why people would hate this episode (unlike LYB) and put it on their list. It does hav the suicide jokes (which I don’t have problems with but I get why people hate them) and the ending and I get why people wouldn’t like the premise or the idea of sb having an ep about depression.

Spoiler

50. :thinkegg:

49. :thinkegg:

48. :thinkegg:

47. WhoBob WhatPants (#27)

46. Waiting (#46)

45. The Googly Artiste (#46)

44. :thinkegg:

43. :thinkegg:

42. The Fish Bowl (#50)

41. The Play’s The Thing (#44)

40. :thinkegg:

39. :thinkegg:

38. The Nitwitting (#30)

37. House Sittin for Sandy (#35)

36. :thinkegg:

35. :thinkegg:

34. :thinkegg:

33. :thinkegg:

32. :thinkegg:

31. Squid's Visit (#25)

30. :thinkegg:

29. Sportz? (#33)

28. :lennythink:

27.  Fungus Among Us (#24)

26. :thinkegg:

25. You Don’t Know Sponge (#45)

24. The Main Drain (#21)

23. :thinkegg:

22. :thinkegg:

21. Face Freeze (#40)

20. :thinkegg:

19. Summer Job (#29)

18. :thinkegg:

17. To Love a Patty (#32)

16. :thinkegg:

15. :thinkegg:

14. :thinkegg:

13. Cephalopod Lodge (#39)

12. Shuffleboarding (#37)

11. :thinkegg:

10. :thinkegg:

9. :thinkegg:

8. :thinkegg:

7. :thinkegg:

6. :thinkegg:

5. :thinkegg:

4. Yours, Mine and Mine (#22)

3. :lennythink:

2. :thinkegg:

1. :thinkegg:

8/25 18/50

It's been a while since I commented here. Can't think of anything else to say about the eps above that's already been said above so let me just update the list.

Spoiler

6. Are You Happy Now? (#19)
11. Yours, Mine, and Mine (#22)
12. The Card (#41)
14. Demolition Doofus (#31)
18. Squid's Visit (#25)
19. Sportz? (#33)
20. Cephalopod Lodge (#39)
22. Fungus Among Us (#24)
23. All That Glitters (#38)

Dishonorable Mention:
26. Shuffleboarding (#37)

I have...mixed emotions about "Little Yellow Book" being on this list. Let me explain. When it first came out, I INITIALLY defended it, because I thought that it was the writers FINALLY giving Squidward a break, for all the torture he had been put through the past seasons, by letting Spongebob get some horrible treatment for once. It wasn't until later that I realized, that Squidward was treating Spongebob badly, even though Spongebob had personally done nothing wrong to him within that episode, and that treating Spongebob badly for no good reason, was just as bad as Squidward getting treated badly for no good reason. And that's how "Little Yellow Book" wound up on my personal list as well. "Are You Happy Now?"; was definitely a borderline episode for me. It probably could've made my personal list, but it just barely missed out this time. I'd definitely call it a "Dishonorable Mention" though. /

25. ? 24. ? 23. "The Cent of Money" (#26) 22. ? 21. ? 20. "Demolition Doofus" (#31) 19. "Face Freeze" (#40) 18. ? 17. ? 16. ? 15. ? 14. "Little Yellow Book" (#20) 13. ? 12. ? 11. ? 10. ? 9. ? 8. ? 7. ? 6. ? 5. ? 4. "Atlantis Squarepantis" (#34) 3. ? 2. ? 1. ?

Enough said, true believers! ;)