• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Best Episodes Ever 2018!

Wumbo

Big Pink Loser is like top 15 levels of good (didn't submit a list since I joined late, but it would be in top 10)

Also, I wonder if a post sequel episode will make it on the list. The only one probably deserving of the spot is probably Feral Friends (maybe Teachers Pests or Bulletin Board, idk)

• Happy 1

o.o For some reason, I remembered to put "I'm With Stupid" on my episode list, but NOT "Big Pink Loser" on my list! :rolleyes: In my honest opinion, "Big Pink Loser" is a better-written, and a better handled execution, of trying to write Patrick as a character who is more than just a joke character! :D Not to mention that this episode has such GREAT examples of comedy gold! :cool: ("Is this the Krusty Krab?" "NO!!!! This is PATRICK!!!!" "Put your hand on the lid. No, the lid. The lid, the lid, the lid, the LID!!!! The lid, the lid-lid-lid-lid-lid-lid-FREEZE!!!!" "Mary had a little lamb. Whose fleece was white as...PICKLED FISH LIPS!!!! Sea weavels. Yorgieschmorgies. At least I'm safe inside my mind. At least I'm safe inside my mind. AHHH!!!!") :hysterical: I'm glad this episode made the list! Enough said! ;)

Big Pink Loser used to be one of my all-time favourites of the show, back when I was really young. The episode's plot (Patrick wanting to accomplish something in life to live up to Spongebob) is another example of the early seasons' simple plot structure working out well using its simplicity. Beyond that, Patrick's misunderstanding about what it means to accomplish something in life leading him to exactly copy Spongebob's life works well here also. The whole episode is great all around and it made my list, relatively high on it to boot. This is one of the best Season 2 episodes and a definite recommendation.

37. "Uh, no, you're thinking of Monster Weenie Monday?"

Image result for no weenies allowed

No Weenies Allowed, 85 points

(7 of 32 lists. Highest Ranking: #6, ForgottenOne)

http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/No_Weenies_Allowed

Halibut: When it comes to episodes that I see as personal favorites, there's definitely two clear categories: does it make me feel deep emotions or does it make me laugh? No Weenies Allowed is definitely a clear example of the latter. This is among the very few pre-movie episodes that are still genuinely funny without relying on nostalgia goggles or meta references to the episode itself. From the opening scenes of SpongeBob and Sandy fighting all the way up to SpongeBob ending up at the hospital, the episode is packed with jokes that still hold up. If it were only for that though, I probably wouldn't have it on my top 25. What helps out the episode a lot as something kind of hard to find in the series is a really casual and almost conversational atmosphere throughout the episode. A lot of the jokes that are funny, for example, aren't just the fighting scenes, but the ones where SpongeBob is just conversing with a couple of weenies. That's the magic to the episode that I see as really unique and only makes the episode more enjoyable. I wish more episodes in the show took the same path.

• Like 8

There's a lot of gold in s2 and it surprises me it took this long for it to show up on an SBC list. It's just outside of my top 50 but is more than hilarious enough to warrant its spot.

1 hour ago, The Boulder said:

There's a lot of gold in s2 and it surprises me it took this long for it to show up on an SBC list. It's just outside of my top 50 but is more than hilarious enough to warrant its spot.

it's season three bruh but still a solid episode

I’m not sure which I like more about Big Pink Loser, the plot or the humor. Either way, that’s a testament to how great the episode truly is. The plot is cute and gripping, I totally believe how jealous and insecure Patrick must feel about his lack of accomplishment. He’s so laughably incapable at working too, even though he’s trying so hard. The jokes here are many, and always a treat. One I really like is about SpongeBob and Patrick having to pay to work at the Krusty Krab. The jar scene is my favorite part. It’s so drawn out, but that combined with the oversimplification only makes it funnier. It’s also extremely quotable. “Patrick, that’s a pickle. ‘Yes.’” “AAH, IT BURNS! The whole copying thing is also pretty entertaining, I enjoy seeing Patrick struggling to keep up with SpongeBob’s unpredictability, including the fake hand and the random stuff the two start yelling at each other. Even that closing statement by the French narrator is really neat. “Excellence can be found even under a rock.”

No Weenies Allowed has a great opening. It’s a nice reintroduction to karate, and is also fast-paced, exciting and humorous. (though I miss when SpongeBob and Sandy were more evenly matched) The Salty Spitoon is a neat idea too, and I love the character designs of the different big and bad patrons. The robot waiter has to be my favorite part of Weenie Hut Jrs. His sarcasm is unbeatable. Patrick’s role is hilarious too. His personal offense to being called “tubby” and those faces he makes while getting beat up are classic.

50. ???

49. ???

48. ???

47. ???

46. ???

45. ???

44. ???

43. ???

42. ???

41. ???

40. ???

39. ???

38. ???

37. ???

36. ???

35. ???

34. ???

33. ???

32. ???

31. Clams (#41)

30. ???

29. ???

28. ???

27. ???

26. ???

25. ???

24. Big Pink Loser (#38)

23. ???

22. ???

21. ???

20. Something Smells (#39)

19. ???

18. ???

17. Squid's Day Off (#43)

16. ???

15. ???

14. Valentine's Day (#50)

13. ???

12. ???

11. ???

10. ???

9. ???

8. ???

7. ???

6. ???

5. ???

4. My Pretty Seahorse (#46)

3. ???

2. ???

1. ???

Not on List:

Rock Bottom (#49)

F.U.N. (#48)

Squidville (#47)

The Great Snail Race (#45)

The Fry Cook Games (#44)

Club SpongeBob (#42)

No Weenies Allowed (#37)

• Like 2

"No Weenies Allowed" is another episode that just barely missed making the cut for my list this year. This is an episode where we're all rooting for the underdog (Spongebob) to be able to get into the Salty Spitoon, even if it will PROBABLY end up in a disaster for him! :rolleyes: Ironically, it does, but not for the reasons that you THINK it would! o.o And the Weenie Hut Jr's., Super Weenie Hut Jr's., and Weenie Hut General gags just get me every single time! :hysterical: Why don't those places appear on the show more often? They really need to be brought back in some capacity! :D I can't wait to see what other episodes wind up making this list! :cool: Enough said! ;)

Big Pink Loser: Amazing episode that shows Patrick at some of his best and is really hilarious. Not on my list but still top 50 and not far from my list 

No Weenies Allowed: This episode is also amazing and hilarious, with jokes such as Spongebob trying to make himself seem strong but making himself seem weaker, and the weenie hut stuff, and the fake fight, and so on. This episode made my list, though as one of the lower ones.

Valentine's Day (#50) 

Squid's Day Off (#43)

Employee of the Month (#40)

Something Smells (#39)

The Great Snail Race (#45) (Might be higher but whatever)

Rock Bottom (#49) 

Clams (#41)

The Fry Cook Games (#44)

50: ???

49: Club Spongebob (#42)

48: ???

47: ???

46: My Pretty Seahorse (#46)

45: ??? 

44: ???

43: ???

42: Big Pink Loser (#38)

41: ???

40: ???

39: ???

38: ???

37: Squidville (#47)

36: ???

35: ???

34: ???

33: ???

32: ???

31: ???

30: ???

29: ???

28: ???

27: F.U.N (#48)

26: ???

25: ???

24: ???

23: No Weenies Allowed (#37)

22: ???

21: ???

20: ???

19: ???

18: ???

17: ???

16: ???

15: ???

14: ???

13: ???

12: ???

11: ???

10: ???

9: ???

8: ???

7: ???

6: ???

5: ???

4: ???

3: ???

2: ???

1: ???

6/50, 1/25

The spoilered list doesn't follow everything I said above, but it also needs updating so.... I'm still using this list though, it's the same one I used for my submitted best list.

We're back baby

36. "Well, no wonder. It's all old and dried out. Like that man right there. Now put that thing where it belongs... in the garbage."

Image result for mid life crustacean

Mid-Life Crustacean, 86 points

(8 of 32 lists. Highest Ranking: #2, Wendy the Witch)

http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Mid-Life_Crustacean

Homie: Once again, for everyone who wasn't listening the last time: Mr. Krabs is by far my favorite SpongeBob character, and there are no better episodes from the pre-movie seasons in my opinion than those that focused on Krabs in relations to other characters. Mid-Life Crustacean is an amazing example of how Krabs works with those around him, specifically by way of SpongeBob and Patrick volunteering to host him as 'one of the guys' and do a number of random but hilarious stunts. 

Halibut: I didn't expect this episode to be one I so earnestly loved. Most of the episodes that ended up on my top 25 were ones I developed a deep connection to since I was a child. Growing up, though, I was kinda neutral to this one, but it managed to become one of my all-time top five episodes after re-evaluation. The secret to this episode is similar to an episode that showed up earlier on the list, that being Squidville. I'm almost gonna become a legal adult while in spirit, I don't think I'm gonna be an adult in a long time. This episode captures the stress of growing older and trying to keep up, and while I can't feel it fully, there's a miniscule attachment that can be attributed to someone going into their very last year of high school. And even then, besides all that stupid crap, this episode is hilarious. This is VERY clearly an episode written by the writers to fit their feelings, and you can tell by not just the subject matter but the jokes. This episode fits a lot very clearly adult-oriented jokes and when you get older, it really hits. Overall, this episode is just one of the funniest the show has to offer while offering a unique mood that not many episodes capture. Plus, wow, that ending.

35. "I'm so cold that I can use my nose drippings as a pair of chopsticks!"

Image result for survival of the idiots

Survival of the Idiots, 87 points

(7 of 32 lists. Highest Ranking: #5, almy)

http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Survival_of_the_Idiots

WhoBob: This episode is and will always be one of my all-time favorite episodes ever for many reasons. It's incredibly insane, random and fast-paced but It uses all of this to come up with som of the wittiest jokes in the show's history ever. I can't get enough of SpongeBob and Patrick acting like criminal cowboys and Sandy just ripping off Patrick's head or SpongeBob and Patrick using Sandy's fur to survive winter in treedom only to become spring or PatBack. Sandy as a sleep walking, giant monster is one of the funniest shit I've ever seen in anything. The episode is also very actiıon-packed and it never lets go the suspense and the danger SpongeBob and Patrick are getting. It makes you root for the protagonists but it's also clear they deserved some ass whooping and boy, it was hilarious. Did I ever tell you that this episode is so damn original and clever in every aspect? The premise is simple but it feels so refreshing and it holds up to this day. I can't praise this enough. It's #8 on my list because this episode is clever, exciting, funny and crazy.

• Like 1
  • Happy 6

Mid-Life Crustacean: Great episode, not on my list, just like always. Something cool about this episode is that it appearls to the older audiance while still being great to the younger one.

Survival of the Idiots: Also a great episode, very funny and a great atmosphere and plot. But it fills the status que of not being on my list.

Valentine's Day (#50) 

Squid's Day Off (#43)

Mid-Life Crustacean (#36) 

Employee of the Month (#40)

Survival of the Idiots (#35)

Something Smells (#39)

The Great Snail Race (#45) (Might be higher but whatever)

Rock Bottom (#49) 

Clams (#41)

The Fry Cook Games (#44)

50: ???

49: Club Spongebob (#42)

48: ???

47: ???

46: My Pretty Seahorse (#46)

45: ??? 

44: ???

43: ???

42: Big Pink Loser (#38)

41: ???

40: ???

39: ???

38: ???

37: Squidville (#47)

36: ???

35: ???

34: ???

33: ???

32: ???

31: ???

30: ???

29: ???

28: ???

27: F.U.N (#48)

26: ???

25: ???

24: ???

23: No Weenies Allowed (#37)

22: ???

21: ???

20: ???

19: ???

18: ???

17: ???

16: ???

15: ???

14: ???

13: ???

12: ???

11: ???

10: ???

9: ???

8: ???

7: ???

6: ???

5: ???

4: ???

3: ???

2: ???

1: ???

6/50, 1/25

Crustacean didn't make my list as well, boy there are so many episodes that missed my list but it was a great Mr. Krabs episode that didn't even focus on money. It really helps making the character more three dimensional and as you can see, Mr. Krabs doesn't need money to be funny. Everything from wash store to panty raiding, I couldn't stop smiling at Mr. Krabs' failed attempts to feel young and wild. SpongeBob and Patrick being such noobs made it even better. It's an episode worth seeing on this list.

Mid-Life Crustacean has a fantastic plot. It’s especially bold to see a kids cartoon discuss getting old, and I think seeing Mr. Krabs’ struggle is brilliant. I love all the stereotypically old stuff he has to go through, like bran, pills, backlash from younger folk, and unwanted help. My favorite joke of this is the line forming at the cemetery. “HEY, NO CUTTIN’!” Even the minor stuff Krabs faces, like his multiple chins and those crackly snapping noises he makes while walking are a lot of fun. The obvious highlight though is his inexperience with the cool kids, which brings me to SpongeBob and Patrick. Their giddy excitement throughout their “night of debauchery” is just infectious, especially compared with how dumb all the stuff they do is. A favorite part of mine is when the gang is riding on that lame ass tandem bike (with that equally demeaning wagon sidecar) and get obliviously taunted by the greaser dude. And of course, who could forget “Are you feeling it now, Mr. Krabs?” It’s a great phrase to play over and over again while Krabs gets more and more disinterested, and it all pays off for that awesome anger he has at the end. The panty raid is weird, but it has a sort of off-color brilliance that leads into a great ending with Mama Krabs. Funny how she still has authority over her son after all those years.

Sandy steals the show in Survival of the Idiots. I like the contrast between her fiery yet intelligent regular self and her brutally violent hibernation mode. It only makes SpongeBob and Patrick’s panicked confusion more entertaining. Her thoughts are pretty funny too, I like how they can get oddly specific at times, with random lines talking about “size six boots and “at taxpayers’ expense.” There’s lots of slapstick too. When Sandy starts going after “Dirty Dan” and “Pinhead Larry” it’s hilarious to see them get thrown around so much. As for dialogue humor, Patrick steals the show here. I love his quote about winter is actually a candy wrapper, and his godly lines “OK, SpongeBob, you can be Dirty Dan, I just wanna be Patrick.” “I’m so cold that… I’m shivering!” and “It’s like a goldmine… but with fur.”

50. ???

49. ???

48. ???

47. ???

46. ???

45. ???

44. ???

43. ???

42. ???

41. ???

40. ???

39. ???

38. ???

37. ???

36. ???

35. ???

34. ???

33. ???

32. ???

31. Clams (#41)

30. ???

29. ???

28. ???

27. ???

26. ???

25. ???

24. Big Pink Loser (#38)

23. ???

22. ???

21. ???

20. Something Smells (#39)

19. ???

18. ???

17. Squid's Day Off (#43)

16. ???

15. ???

14. Valentine's Day (#50)

13. ???

12. ???

11. ???

10. ???

9. ???

8. ???

7. ???

6. ???

5. ???

4. My Pretty Seahorse (#46)

3. ???

2. ???

1. ???

Not on List:

Rock Bottom (#49)

F.U.N. (#48)

Squidville (#47)

The Great Snail Race (#45)

The Fry Cook Games (#44)

Club SpongeBob (#42)

No Weenies Allowed (#37)

Mid-Life Crustacean (#36)

Survival of the Idiots (#35)

• Like 2

Time to play catch up.

No Weenies Allowed: Awesome episode, I always laugh so hard seeing SpongeBob's failed attempts at getting into the Salty Spitoon.

Mid-Life Crustacean: Made my list at #22. The panty raid is one of my favorite dirty things the show has ever gone for, and aside from that there are so many hilarious moments and the plot itself is great and relatable.

Survival of the Idiots: Funny enough, this episode used to scare the beejeves out of me when I was younger (Sandy's growling terrified me LOL!). Nevertheless though, as I'm older now and can actually sit through the episode, It's brilliant and just missed my list! I love the Dirty Dan and Pinhead Larry bits, Sandy dreaming about Texas outlaws is hilarious, and I love the irony of seeing them pluck out Sandy's fur to stay warm, only for summer to arrive right after. Long story short, just like many other episodes on this list, glad it's here.