• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Worst Episodes Ever 2018 Edition

Jjs Goodman

28. Little Yellow Book

r6m4s4Y.jpg?1

108 points. 7 out of 25 lists. Highest Ranking: #1 - @CyanideFishbone

Summary:

Spoiler

The episode starts off at the Krusty Krab, where the business is slow. As a result, Squidward decides to rest. Before he even gets a chance to start relaxing, a lot of fish come. Squidward freaks out when he realizes SpongeBob isn't making Krabby Patties. Squidward then finds SpongeBob in a barrel. He screams at him, resulting in SpongeBob melting out of the barrel. SpongeBob makes the food and serves everybody while Squidward finds a book in the barrel. Then, SpongeBob grabs it and puts it in between the two frying baskets.

Whenever Squidward tries to see the book, SpongeBob snatches the book from him, which happens twice. A few minutes later, SpongeBob takes a break and Squidward finds the book in the barrel again. Now that he finds out the book was a diary, Squidward reads SpongeBob's diary to everyone at the Krusty Krab. The first secret he reads is that SpongeBob clucks like a chicken whenever he sees plaid. Squidward sees Mr. Krabs wearing plaid, so he calls SpongeBob back. SpongeBob sees Mr. Krabs plaid so he clucks like a chicken, making Squidward and a fish laugh.

The second secret is that SpongeBob named his spatula "Fifi." This amuses everyone and when SpongeBob comes back asking what's going on, Patrick teases him about him naming his spatula Fifi. Embarrassed, SpongeBob nervously excuses himself to the kitchen. The last secret is that whenever he hears the Bikini Bottom Municipal Anthem, he dances around in his underwear.

Later, SpongeBob finds out Squidward has been reading his diary and gets embarrassed about Squidward reading his diary, crying while saying "Squidward, how could you?" Then, he runs away from the Krusty Krab, and bumps into Mr. Krabs. Since Mr. Krabs is still wearing plaid, the second SpongeBob sees him, he acts like a chicken. Then he continues crying and runs into town.

Mr. Krabs scolds at Squidward for reading SpongeBob's diary and demands that he apologizes for what he did, but Squidward just scoffs at this saying that SpongeBob will get over it. Later at the town Squidward then finds a newspaper that talks about "Jerk reads diary! Local fry cook devastated!" Squidward just laughs at the paper. Then he goes in a taxi but the taxi driver just drives away because Squidward is the jerk. Later on, he goes to his house, only to find out that his loan was taken away.

Now, when Squidward sleeps on a bench, a couple of police recognize him and lock him in the stocks. Then, Patrick throws tomatoes at him. Squidward then apologizes to SpongeBob and he learns that he only read SpongeBob's work diary, which got published. SpongeBob also tells him he never read his secret personal diary, which would be really embarrassing.

A crowd comes to throw tomatoes at Squidward when SpongeBob tells them he forgave Squidward. Nat tells SpongeBob that Squidward is reading the secret personal diary. SpongeBob gets upset again and runs away. The episode ends with tomatoes being thrown at Squidward by the disgusted crowd, laughing as he reads SpongeBob's diary, saying, "I don't care! This is so worth it!"

Jjs: I remember when the plot of this episode first got revealed, everyone on both sites were pretty hyped about Little Yellow Book. Obviously, the episode did not live up to expectations. I'll admit I didn't get myself too hyped up about it back then, so I wasn't as disappointed as everyone else, but it was still a pretty bad episode. I had this one on my list in 2016, but I knocked it off this year. Don't get me wrong. This episode still sucks, but I'll say that I thought the first half wasn't too bad, even if SpongeBob's hyped diary "secrets" were stupid (and seriously why did Chicken SpongeBob become a meme). I did find a few things amusing like Afro Krabs and "I had a brother once". But yeah, once we reach the second half, the episode turns into shit. I hate the hypocrisy of the Bottomites and Patrick so much when they were at fault too, and no, Squidward calling out Patrick isn't really enough. Squidward's abuse was deserved, but holy shit did it get ridiculous when his house got repossessed and they put him in stockades. It wasn't funny or entertaining. I get the joke is that diary reading is some serious crime in Bikini Bottom, but this episode isn't clever enough to make that work. It was just depressing, especially since he doesn't even learn his lesson ala Fools in April. I think that's my biggest problem with the second half: it goes literally nowhere. The second half is random no name civilians treating Squidward like human scum for reading a diary, but it leads to literally nothing. The fact Squidward didn't learn his lesson makes it feel like we completely wasted our time, which is the worst thing this episode commits to me. The ending is so strange, too, and up there as one of the worst SpongeBob endings. They try to make SpongeBob seem happy with his diary getting published, but then that's thrown out the window with Squidward reading the real diary and SpongeBob crying, even though Squidward gets pelted with tomatoes, but it's okay because "THIS IS SO WORTH IT!" guys. What the hell? I thought Squidward was supposed to be the antagonist of this episode, but they basically have him win in the end after everything??? And yay, he didn't learn his lesson, haha, hilarious. I have no clue who the hell the writers wanted to "win" in this one. Such a botched mess of an episode and interesting premise. I don't hate it as much as others anymore, since the "alright" first half at least helped keep it off my list, but it's still a very flawed episode and one of 9A's weakest entries.

SOF: This made my list as my 4th most hated episode. Honestly, I really dislike this episode. My god, is this one worse than I remembered. Rewatching this pissed me off even more than I can recall, because I forgot what a massive jerkass Squidward was in this episode to SpongeBob. I felt so bad for poor SpongeBob in this episode, he gets needlessly shit on. I can't even think of any positive thoughts about this, and I hate the "twist" of the diary Squidward read being SB's work diary. WHAT THE HELL!? Such a stupid way to throw in a lame twist at the last second, especially since it leads to the lame ending. I also hate how the civilians and Patrick act with them laughing at SpongeBob's secrets. None of this episode is funny or entertaining. Oh, and the ending sucks too. Squidward reading SB's real diary doesn't resolve anything, leaving SB crying and Squidward still a jerk. It's just such a bad way to end the episode, and ruins whatever potential there was left. This was high enough on my list because of how awfully they executed this episode. The plot of it had potential, but this was one of the biggest disappointments in the series for me. If I would change anything from this, it would be the ending. I wish we had Squidward and SpongeBob actually making up in a way that isn't thrown out the window a couple of seconds later. 

WhoBob: Time to be positive is over for me. Now here's an episode that actually sucks. Sadly it didn't make it to my list because this show has so many bad episodes but this won't be off the hook ;) 

I'm not gonna be as harsh as some of our tv.com folks in 2013 (smirk) but here's why this episode failed so badly to me. Everything about this episode is so mean-spirited and plain stupid that I don't see what they were trying to tell here. Was it that Squidward will always be a jerk? Or was it because SpongeBob deserved this punishment for so many times he tormented Squidward? Or was Bikini Bottomies really right? Or was it that Squidward didn't deserve this much punishment? Lets find out.

Firstly, I've seen many different criticisms and even some praises about this episode. One of them being SpongeBob actually deserving this much pain Squidward caused to him. I tell you all that it's NO. It's true that SpongeBob tormented Squidward before and got away with it but this was a different story. SpongeBob didn't do anything wrong to deserve this torment in this episode. And despite what SpongeBob did in post-movie, for the most part, he's still a likeable character that shouldn't even deserve sadness purposely caused by Squidward. That's one thing that I really can't agree on people.

Another thing is the godly debate of Squidward deserving punishment or not. My opinion is that he did deserve to be called out for treating SpongeBob badly. Here's what this episode didn't do its job correctly.

1) Punishment was too stupid and overreactive. Lets arrest him and take away his house for reading someone's diary. I get this is a cartoon and all and this was all supposed to be exaggrated but that didn't seem right to me. I liked it better on Fools in April where Squidward gained hatred from the costumers because of his dangerous prank. Which brings me to number 2.

2) Bikini Bottomies would have been right about Squidward if they didn't laugh with him. And this includes our lovely Patrick. Even Squidward called him out but he didn't even get punishment for it. So lets just make one guy miserable, while others that laughed at SpongeBob gets nothing. Yes, Squidward started all of this but Bikini Bottomies and Patrick had no right to shit on Squidward for this. If anything, they should have realized how badly they treated SpongeBob but Squidward would have still laughed at him. They were bunch of hypocrites that turned out to be even worse than Squidward.

3) The ending. Squidward got harsh punishment but in the end, he still won? So all this karma, even if it was overreactive, led up to him still being an asshole towards SpongeBob. Oh okay then.

Lastly the whole SpongeBob's diary being the bestseller and then reveal of SpongeBob having a personal diary. Umm what? So this episode wanted to tell us SpongeBob's sadness meant nothing? And then making him sad for no reason? Maybe it was SpongeBob's fault for bringing his diary to his work or directly at Squidward. Still that doesn't give Squidward a right to read his diary.

This is nuts. What the hell was this episode about? It was all confusing mess that divided many fans into this pointless debate of karma and being mean-spirited or not. What is worth to say is that this episode wasn't funny, but I did laugh at a few stuff like "I had a brother once" and it gave a birth to a famous mocking meme. Those and the episode being a bit more tolerable to watch are why this episode wasn't on my list. However; the story was more nonsensical, confusing and lazily written than actually mean-spirited and cruel. The episode had no idea who deserves karma or not or who is the protagonist of the story. You can all say SpongeBob but he wasn't the most focused character here, it was Squidward but he was a lame protagonist or just some lame antagonist. 

To sum up, this episode was so damn inconsistent that it sucked ass.

27. To Love a Patty

g2oPkKi.png?1

108 points. 10 out of 25 lists. Highest Ranking: #2 - @Halibut

Summary:

Spoiler

At the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob is seen cooking Krabby Patties. He makes several of them and falls in love with one of them, naming it "Patty." The patties are taken to customers, who start wolfing down on the food. Consumed by guilt, SpongeBob rescues Patty by replacing her with a shoe, which the customer still enjoys.

SpongeBob takes Patty to his house. Patrick and Sandy arrive, both hoping to play with SpongeBob, only for him to ignore them in favor of spending the day with Patty. Patrick is especially dismayed to have been rejected by his best friend. Meanwhile, SpongeBob takes Patty to several activities, such as going to the Valentine's Day Carnival, eating cotton candy, the mall, the beach, and when clams try to eat Patty, SpongeBob attacks them with karate. Later, they ride a boat down a river and go down a waterfall. Patty falls apart in the water, so SpongeBob puts the sandwich back together, but now Patty is soggy and gloomy looking.

After six hours of activity, SpongeBob takes Patty on a picnic in the park, but by now, the patty has spoiled. Somewhat oblivious to this, SpongeBob decides to take it on a date to the Krusty Krab. Once there, SpongeBob informs Mr. Krabs about his date and Mr. Krabs gets excited, thinking he is dating a rich girl, but finds it strange when he discovers the date is a Krabby Patty, with a rancid smell that drives off other customers. Squidward tries to tell SpongeBob that his date is just a rotten Krabby Patty, but SpongeBob still thinks Patty is beautiful until he smells her, then sees the hideous appearance of the spoiled patty.

SpongeBob questions how this came to be. Mr. Krabs tells the fry cook that he once fell in love with a Krabby Patty. He then tells SpongeBob that Krabby Patties are meant to be loved and eaten. SpongeBob finally knows what he must do and eats his date, feeling nauseous afterward. The episode ends with SpongeBob asking for a doggie bag.

Jjs: I'm surprised at how hard this one fell compared to 2016. For those who forgot, To Love a Patty actually made it at #4 on the previous countdown. That's not to undermine any of this episode's various issues though. I'll say this. I weirdly never hated this episode as much as others. In fact, I've never once considered it in my bottom 25 at any time during this tradition. Out of all the infamous "gross out episodes", this one never resonated strongly with me for some reason. I totally get why it's on here, yeah it's gross, it's pretty unfunny, awkward and kind of stupid. However, this episode actually has some So Bad, It's Good value to me at least. It's a terrible premise for an episode, but at times, I feel like the episode knows it and tries to run with it, in an ironic way. Wumbo said something similar in his 2015 commentary that stuck with me. In a strangely bold way, they did go all out with the premise...for better or for worse. It's like the writers intentionally stuck it to Hillenburg's "SpongeBob doesn't date anybody" rule, and made this as a loophole. In a weird way, I...kind of respect them for doing something so crazy, as bad as the execution is. Unfortunately, any ironic value this episode has is not enough to overcome the hurdle of a pretty shallow script. And SpongeBob murdering a bunch of clams will forever haunt me. But despite all of that, this episode has some strange bile fascination for me, and I can't bring myself to put it on my list. It certainly is at least one you have to see to believe unlike several other gross out episodes.

that being said, the close up shots of Patty towards the end are pretty nasty af, yikes

Homie: So, let's talk about this funny little plot device called "gross out." Keen observers may noticed a trend that picked up around season five or six of episodes that relied on either being painfully gross or painfully irritating in some capacity--really, there's a reason why in the early days episodes like Pets or Pests and The Splinter scored so high on these lists-- and it would seem that these episodes all stem from the common ancestor of To Love a Patty, which at the time of airing was easily the grossest, most obnoxious episode of the series and surely a surprise to anyone turning on their TV in 2007 expecting to see something of actual quality from SpongeBob before any hope of quality was dashed from us by the aforementioned. If it's not the mind-numbing musical sequence, constant gross-out shots, or SpongeBob brutally murdering a bunch of clams to protect a sandwich, it's the fact that the big picture is the most important aspect of any episode, and what I took away from this one--hell, what I took away when I saw this episode for the first time at like six years old--was extreme frustration towards SpongeBob, and, in all honesty, extreme boredom, because, let's be honest with ourselves for a moment- when you strip away the hideous closeups and "shocking" ending, all this episode has to offer is a barebones storyline in which SpongeBob wants to fuck a sandwich. This "distract everyone from the lack of plot with visual gags" trend is seeping into the modern seasons, the source of which is pretty obvious. 

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 9

Wow... To Love a Patty fell this year. Fortunately it’s because it was unrealistically High last time (like #4? Seriously?) It’s quite bad and it’s really surprising the show would release an episode this gross and obnoxious in Season 5... it just doesn’t fit with the trends of the rest of the season, even bad ones like Waiting or Atlantis were just boring and weren’t confused and botched like this one. Romance just doesn’t work with SpongeBob when it’s played alongside a character going insane.

Edited by More
  • Thanks 1

Little Yellow Book didn't make my list. It's a bad episode for sure, but if anything the first half was pretty good for 9a standards. SpongeBob's inverted views of Squidward yelling at him in his diary as well as other gags are pretty decent. The episode tanks in the second half but not enough for me to truly hate it.

To Love a Patty didn't make my list either, although it was closer than Little Yellow Book. For as disgusting and creepy as it is it borders on "So bad it's good" territory, especially with the horribly cheesy song.

• Like 1

To Love a Patty made it on my list because it was one of the first signs of the show truly going downhill. The premise was so stupid and disturbing that I had no idea what I was watching. SpongeBob was such an abomination for killing clams for sake of one gross patty. I'll say this about SpongeBob dating a patty. Being an asexual doesn't mean you can't be romantically involved with someone else, you just don't feel any sexual attraction but it really seemed like SpongeBob wanted to fuck the patty and I never thought it'd something SpongeBob would actually do. Yeah, erase this sickening episode.

1 minute ago, More said:

Wow... To Love a Patty fell this year. Fortunately it’s because it was unrealistically High last time (like #4? Seriously?) It’s quite bad and it’s really surprising the show would release an episode this gross and obnoxious in Season 5... it just doesn’t fit with the trends of the rest of the season, even bad ones like Waiting or Atlantis were just boring and weren’t confused and botched like this one. Romance just doesn’t work with SpongeBob when it’s played alongside a character going insane.

except this one works!

mr krabs and mrs puff ile ilgili görsel sonucu

• Like 4

LYB at 28 is fitting, it shows utter stupidity by the citizens in the purest form.

TLAP dropped off way too hard, 27th despite 10 list appearences huh? Tough crowd but I'd rather have it be closer to bottom 5/10 again than be this low on here, it's horrendous in nearly every aspect and is so nonsensical even for this show.

• Thanks 1

Little Yellow Book: I honestly like this episode, I think it's pretty good and I don't understand the hate for it. My only problem with it is the ending, which could have been much better. I find the rest of the episode to be good.

To Love a Patty: This episode, on the other hand, is terrible and I'm surprised it was only this low. It should have been in the bottom 15, and I was expecting it to be there. It's an extremely gross episode with a really stupid plot.

Episodes on my bottom 50 to show up so far:

50: ??? 

49: Whatever Happened to Spongebob

48: The Play's the Thing

47: ???

46: ???

45: ???

44: ???

43: Face Freeze

42: ???

41: Plankton's Regular

40: ???

39: Pet Sitter Pat

38: ???

37: ???

36: ???

35: ???

34: Sportz?

33: ???

32: ???

31: ???

30: Good Neighbors

29: ???

28: The Thing

27: ???

26: ???

25: ???

24: Sun Bleached

23: ???

22: ???

21: ???

20: ???

19: ???

18: ???

17: ???

16: ???

15: ???

14: ???

13: To Love a Patty

12: ???

11: ???

10: Cephalopod Lodge

9: ???

8: Shuffleboarding

7: ???

6: ???

5: ???

4: ???

3: ???

2: ???

1: ???

(I moved one episode further down since this started, so this list I'm using here is different than the one I submitted)

Edited by Wintermelon43
  • Thanks 1

I forgot about Little Yellow Book when making my list but had I remembered its existence, it would've made my list. This episode is... confused. Who are you supposed to root for throughout, Squidward (who is a jerk to Spongebob but also loses his house due to such) or the townsfolk (who aren't much better, first laughing at Spongebob but then have a change in heart (if they even have one) when they figure out that it's Spongebob's diary, despite how obvious that fact is)? All the while, Spongebob is on the recieving end of Squidward's and the townsfolk's jokes, with the ending not helping matters.

To Love a Patty isn't on my list. It's definitely bad (the closeups are cringeworthy) but otherwise...? It's not too horrible otherwise, just a bit boring. Admttedly, however, I find the song funny. i may or may not also find the part with spongebob ripping the clams apart funny also, probably because i don't think about it too much like some people seem to do

Edited by RDSP
spelling mistake
  • Thanks 1

"Little Yellow Book" barely made my list. And my past hatred for "To Love a Patty" must have died down, because it didn't even make my list THIS year! o.o I guess I think "To Love a Patty" is just more gross than just actually being bad, compared to "Ink Lemonade", which is both gross AND bad! :rolleyes: Enough said for now! ;)

• Thanks 1

I absolutely despised this episode! I cannot believe I'm saying this but this is the worst episode I have ever seen! Squidward has never been this mean to Spongebob before! I wanna roast Squidward on the grill and eat him for dinner! The only part that made me chuckle at least a little was how mean everyone was to Spongebob after Spongebob started crying!

SQUIDWARD MUST DIE!!!!!!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • God Himself 6

little yellow book has the worst spongebob meme in existence, so that makes it the worst episode

Spoiler

in all seriousness though, ive never actually seen that episode, at least not in full, but from what i have seen it definitely doesnt look good at all lol.

to love a patty....i honestly like the song, but otherwise the ep is too creepy for me tbh

• Like 1

I’ve actually grown to admire To Love a Patty over the years of hosting the first two rounds of this countdown.

I’ve disagreed with my fair share of episodes that have made this countdown over the years and of course agreed with plenty.  I can say though that To Love a Patty is one of the very few, possibly the only, episode that at least goes all out knowing that it’s plot is incredibly stupid and terrible.  Why not give actual effort into making us believe they are actually having SpongeBob fall in love with a krabby patty?

Don’t get me wrong.  Me admiring this episode doesn’t mean I like it.  It’s still awful.  But it’s at least an interesting form of bad.  Good job giving this bad episode actual effort.

Ftr, the song is actually kinda good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26. Summer Job

IMGiFrU.jpg?1

113 points. 9 out of 25 lists. Highest Ranking: #9 - @Turd Ferguson

Summary:

Spoiler

It's the end of the year at Mrs. Puff's Boating School, and SpongeBob tries to give her a note. Then, after trying to avoid the note in any way, Mrs. Puff drives away and accidentally wrecks the Krusty Krab's doors when the note was in Mrs. Puff's eyes while trying to escape SpongeBob and his note. To pay off the damage she caused, Mrs. Puff works as a cashier at The Krusty Krab, while Mr. Krabs gives Squidward a summer off vacation.

SpongeBob teaches Mrs. Puff what to do, and disguises himself as the Duke (customer) ordering food. He asks for beans on toast and Mrs. Puff tries to write the order in a note, but SpongeBob whispers her to tell the Duke they don't serve beans on toast. Mrs. Puff gets annoyed, but then, a real customer comes to the Krusty Krab and Mrs. Puff takes the order. SpongeBob tells her that she's doing good. She tries to give the customer a Krabby Patty, but she trips on a barrel and wrecks the Krusty Krab. Mrs. Puff and SpongeBob somehow rolled the barrel into the ceiling and both fall down on the ground. She runs away and rips SpongeBob's note.

Mrs. Puff is arrested for this. She believes that she will never see SpongeBob for many years but she is sent to the prison's Driver's Ed. class. At first, she is pleased to be in an easy class until she sees the teacher is SpongeBob. SpongeBob taped the note back together and showed her the true message and it read "Dear Mrs Puff I am following in your footsteps, and got a job as a drivers ed teacher for the summer ❤ SpongeBob." Mrs. Puff tries to escape, but is stopped by the police man, and she screams in terror.

Jjs: This made my list once more, right in the middle at #13. This is such an obnoxious, unfunny and waste of an episode from start to finish. A role reversal episode between SpongeBob and Mrs. Puff could have been an interesting premise, but this episode forgot to do one key thing: actually switch their roles. It's not exactly a true role reversal when Mrs. Puff is still getting treated like shit through the whole thing. Mrs. Puff annoying SpongeBob could've actually been interesting and different, but nope, this is Season 7 where any potential dies on impact. The jokes in this episode are really repetitive and not engaging in the slightest. Yay, Mrs. Puff gets annoyed by SpongeBob. Comedy gold. I generally felt Mrs. Puff was getting crapped on for no real reason in this one. SpongeBob in general was irritating af in this one, one of the rare times where I wanted him to go away. Oh yeah, and the weird as hell Kruff scene is still stupid. I have no clue why the hell they teased the audience like that by almost referencing Krusty Love, only to not do anything with it whatsoever. At least the Kruff scene isn't as bad anymore since the writers remembered the couple existed again in S10/S11 (for some reason), but that doesn't make the scene any less stupid. But whatever, that's far from the biggest problem with this one. 

Trophy: Last time this was 14th and dropped down to my honorable mentions this year, but it's still just as horrific. This is needless Mrs. Puff torture at its' finest. The only moment in the entire episode where she really did it to herself was the overreaction in the beginning, but given the past even that becomes completely understandable and I'm already sympathetic to the character who's going to be put through hell for the final 8 minutes. Even then, SpongeBob going up to give it as a note instead of just flat out telling her what he's doing, something which shouldn't be allowed and was clearly done with no thought besides "shit we need an ironic ending" given his track record, has the premise completely fall on its face as it's extremely contrived just so this particular episode could even take place. It's such a shoddily done plot that the rest of the episode which only drags on and does nothing to improve from stagnation that infests the middle. The middle is ultimately what kept it off of mine as it wasn't as insultingly infuriating as I remembered, but the beginning and ending truly are some of the show's worst in the terms of forcing something for the sake of plot convenience. I can't really name many better examples than this episode for that.

Speaking of repetitive...

25. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful

xVhrzHb.jpg?1

118 points. 9 out of 25 lists. Highest Ranking: #4 - @Wendy the Witch

Summary:

Spoiler

Squidward exits his house, saying "Another beautiful Sunday." He goes down the street, dancing, but steps on some gum and falls. He frantically tries to get it loose. When he finally does, the gum is tossed aside. Officer John sees the gum and inspects it. He then walks over to Squidward, thinking he littered, and asks Squidward about the gum, to which Squidward replies, "I just stepped in it." Officer John says "Boy, you sure did," and gives him a ticket, sentencing him to community service.

It then cuts to Squidward picking up trash (with some people giving him their trash), then Squilliam comes along and brags about the statue that was made of him just for cleaning up Bikini Bottom in only one week, to which Squidward replies, "I can clean it up in one day!" Squilliam then gets out a tissue and blows his nose on it, and says "Here, this should get you started.," and drops it on the ground. Officer John comes along, sees the tissue, and thinks Squidward dropped it. He then gives Squidward another ticket.

When Squidward looks for a place to put his trash, he sees that all the cans and dumpsters are full, so he "borrows" a kid's toy wagon. Mable sees Squidward with the trash and she tells everyone it's Trash Day, soon the trash in the wagon becomes a trash mountain. SpongeBob comes out of one of the garbage bags and offers Squidward to help him when he discovers the life cycle of a Krabby Patty (one that was thrown out). Squidward says "He'd rather be beaten to a pulp," then the boy and his mother appear, with the boy telling his mother to beat Squidward to a pulp for stealing his wagon. Squidward is beaten and covered in trash. Officer John thinks Squidward made the mess and gives him another ticket. Squidward then accepts SpongeBob's offer and SpongeBob gets rid of all the trash.

Squidward goes home and relaxes until he realizes his house is made of garbage. He runs outside and sees that the garbage was made into a replica of Squidward's house. Officer John gives Squidward two tickets (one for the garbage house and one for the first ticket falling on the ground). Squidward gets so angry, his nerves spell out "I am angry." SpongeBob asks why and Squidward finds out his house is on top of the replica because the dump is closed. SpongeBob took it to his house by sucking the garbage onto his body. When SpongeBob talked, garbage came out of his mouth, leading Officer John to give Squidward another ticket.

Squidward puts the trash-filled SpongeBob in SpongeBob's own bin (giving Squidward another ticket for putting his trash in someone else's rubbish bin). SpongeBob finds that the reason why Squidward wants to get rid of the trash is to get a statue of himself. SpongeBob makes a statue of Squidward made of the garbage. Squilliam says the statue is just like Squidward, having the stench of failure. The horrible stench melts Squilliam's statue, ruining it, and Squilliam surprisingly gets a ticket from Officer John. Before the end of the episode, Officer John gives both SpongeBob and Squidward tickets for the statue made of garbage.

Jjs: Oh hey, another episode actually on my list (#14 for anyone who cares). Yup, 8 years later, and I still find this one unfunny and bad. The cop's ticket gag could've worked if they varied it up a bit, but nope, we get the same uninteresting sequence over and over. And that's the problem with this episode: It's repetitive and uninteresting. It's a stupid, dull and bland episode with no actual wit, trying to rely on using the same gags over and over to distract you from the lack of substance. If you're not going to bring anything clever to the table, then this episode belongs in the trash (haha). I've been a bit tame on a few infamous Squidward abuse episodes on this countdown thus far, but this one I honestly cannot stand. I generally felt bad for Squidward throughout the whole thing, and his treatment in this one was very irritable. Much like Mrs. Puff in Summer Job, I generally felt he was being crapped on for no reason. Especially when he's the only character I found myself rooting for. Yeah, SpongeBob and the cop tested my patience, to say the least. As I've said before, I'm not one to get bugged by gross out anymore, but christ, Squidward waking up in his trash house went on way too long and was not funny. And once again, Squilliam was pretty wasted here. The post-movie writers don't seem to know how to use Squilliam very well unfortunately. A bunch of bad gags, a not that good plot to begin with and unlikable characters combined with pretty dumb Squidward abuse makes this a pretty garbage episode. Years later, while not perfect by any means, the S11 episode Sanitation Insanity would basically be a better version of this episode. (which isn't difficult to accomplish, but still)

Wintermelon: So here's yet another bad squid abuse episode. It feels like there's so many of these, and yet there's still many more of them coming (at least 6 from what I remember). This episode isn't even in my bottom 5 squid abuse episodes, and yet it's still terrible. The whole episodes is about Squidward having to do community service when he didn't even do anything wrong. I mean literally, his first "crime" to get the community service was for throwing gum that was littered by someone else, accidentally stepping on it, getting literally trapped in the gum, and putting it back into the ground. There weren't even trash cans around, so he couldn't throw it away without keeping it for a while, and considering he nearly got trapped in it, he had reasons to want to get it away from him. Most of the rest of the episode's humor basically involves Squidward constantly getting ticketed for littering when he wasn't even the one who littered, and it was in reality someone else littering or something accidentally being dropped to the ground near him. I mean come on, at one moment the police's littering ticket he gave Squidward (due to trash falling off of Spongebob btw) falls off and lands on the ground, and the police comes back and tickets Squidward for it. What the heck??? Squidward did nothing to deserve these constant tickets, and he gets ticketed for stupid and unfunny reasons. It's one of the worst running gags in the series (though not THE worst....... but I'll get to that later in the list). And it's not like he's just getting abused through this one gag, he also goes through other experiences like being beaten to a pulp and having his house replaced with a trash house..... speaking of that trash house, the scene it's in is really gross. Seeing Squidward do so much stuff with this trash, including taking a shower of trash, is really gross and not at all entertaining. A lot of the trash stuff in this episode is gross at times. And outside of squid abuse and grossness, the episode is boring and has a stupid plot, and virtually no humor throughout the rest of the episode. So yeah, that's why Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful sucks.

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 8

Squidward constantly getting ticketed by the cops is seriously one of the worst running gags ever, along with the doorbell one in Pet or Pests.

Like, that is definitely one of the most dumbest things the cops in this show did.

• Like 3
  • Happy 1

I haven't seen Summer Job in years, so it didn't make my list. From what I remember, however, it wasn't very good.

...guess what? I forgot to put Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful on my list. When it's not being utterly boring, it's humourless and the only "attempt" at a joke they made was giving Squidward undeserved littering tickets. That's it. heck i'd probably rather watch ink lemonade over this one

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

yeah I didn't put KBBB on my list because I actually liked it back then, even the stupid cop ticket joke was so bad so good for me but tbh I would rather not watch this again to test my patience. But I'll say Squilliam getting a ticket was satisfying enough, not that Squidward got a good ending but better than Squilliam coming on top. I truly understand criticism of this episode and yeah, Sanitation was a much better episode with same premise.

Summer Job made my list because it was that bad. It was so similar to Boating Buddies in terms of plot struction, except I found Boating Buddies to be so bad so good. This one isn't even that. Mrs. Puff didn't deserve to get this shitty treatment from SpongeBob, Kruff moment was so dumb and the ending was a slap in the face. Good to see this episode being trashed.

• Thanks 1

In my personal opinion, "Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful" and "Summer Job" are just...meh. Honestly, "Sanitation Insanity" did the plot of "Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful" MUCH better, and I actually liked it better when Mr. Krabs had to get his Driver's License back in, as opposed to Mrs. Puff having to work for Mr. Krabs. Enough said, for now! ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Summer Job: I find this episode to be forgotton to me. It's...just stupid enough to switch role between SB & Ms Puff to begin with. Monst of it aren't helping me to like it, and they were boring to watch through. SB is trying to help her how to act like as an employee of Krusty Krab. But nothing came through whatsoever. I think the premise making me feel bored the hell of it. Hell, even Kruff moment went off, and didn't really happen....huh? they just shrugs and that's it. Yeah, it's not perfect to watch through. I at least can say thisn't helping to change anything from the plot to me.

Overall, it's just Puff doesn't want to be same place with SB anymore.

Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful : This episode makes hated it a lot. Like wtf with poilicing in BB giving Squidward so many damn tickets "haha Sqiudward getting tickets that's funny" NO THAT'S NOT FUCKING FUNNY! JFC that running gag is so annoying, and it made no sense too when Squillam doesn't really needed to be here....

Honestly, i would rather reduced the gag at least 2-3 times but nope this has too many. Oh and the trash house Squidward wasn't not noticing is trash (hehe). UGH I just don't wanna this trashy episode of my way. SI did much better version that this one.

Overall, this is garbage episode honestly IMO. yuck

• Happy 2