• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Worst Episodes Ever 2018 Edition

Shark Tale

Kitchen is not that bad and has two pretty good jokes: "Oooh try it again" is ironically hilarious and Plankton leaping out of the Sandy suit and Larry not knowing how to respond was godly. I'm fine with it making the bottom 50 given the ending and the citizens being hypocritical but it's absurd that some episodes like Pet Sitter have slipped while this is still in the bottom 15.

On the other hand Slide Whistles is completely deserving and was 9th for me so even though I'd put it in the bottom 10, I can't complain. Think this is the highest it's made it too so I'm celebrating.

• Like 1

Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy: If you know me, you know why I hate this one passionately. Annoying, insulting, and unoriginal is not a good combination.

Slide Whistle Stooges: This gave me the same reaction in my ears as "The Splinter" did my eyes. Together they just make an abhorrent pairing that provide no entertainment value whatsoever, unless you find repetitive sensory harm funny. Didn't make my list but was a really close honorable mention, call it #26 if you will.

1. ???

2. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (#14)

3. ???

4. ???

5. ???

6. Pet Sitter Pat (#41)

7. ???

8. Squidward's School for Grown-Ups (#39)

9. ???

10. Atlantis SquarePantis (#36)

11. The Splinter (#15)

12. Summer Job (#26)

13. Rodeo Daze (#20)

14. ???

15. Sun Bleached (#43)

16. ???

17. Demolition Doofus (#23)

18. Waiting (#24)

19. Are You Happy Now? (#32)

20. ???

21. ???

22. ???

23. All That Glitters (#22)

24. ???

25. Sportz? (#30)

Edited by More
  • Like 1

oh wumbo, I wish you have never said it.

confession time, I actually did like Slide Whistle Stooges during first watch and even rewatch...

I know I should be so irritated by those whitles but idk why I just enjoyed SpongeBob and Patrick making that sound and everything becoming so weird and fun. 

So it wasn't on my list for that reason. I liked the first half, it was a guilty pleasure of mine. However, the more I thought of it, the more I had issues with this. I have to say the second half was horseshit that I couldn't even defend this anymore. The entire thing went to hell when Squidward joined this fest. Normally I like Squidward jumping into SpongeBob and Patrick's dumb adventures but here, the whistle sound became an actual annoying thing and Squidward going around and annoying the shit out of people was actually so cringeworthy. What killed the entire episode was the ending, my god, people cheering on Squidward's injury. I could have defended Bikini Bottomies FOR ONCE but then they cheer for death to a person that isn't even a horrendous piece of shit :). And SpongeBob and Patrick goofing around, while the whistle was stuck in Squidward's throat was just disturbing and unsettling. Yeah, I still liked the first half but second half was just bad. Honestly I should have added this to my list considering I added Gone for having a shitty ending. Yeah, fuck to the second half of this episode. If there's another list like this again, It'll be on my list. Lower but still.

Something also missed my list and even though I can't defend this episode, I still found a few gags worth laughing. Plankton's texas accent, that jumping scene and "oh try again" were kind of hilarious to me. But I have to agree that people treated Sandy like shit and that arrest was undeserved. Yes, you'd actually get arrested for being half-nude but this is SpongeBob where some of Bikini Bottomies don't even wear pants! So the logic was so stupid, not the mention it felt racist considering Sandy is a land creature. Yeah, this deserved to be on the list, tho I would have it lower oops.

• Happy 1
  • Thanks 1
  • God Himself 1

SITKWS: Bad episode, barely made my list. The plot was ridiculously stupid and plotholed, and Sandy is brought through so much crap for no reason at all. She even gets arrested for nudity when she was not only wearing clothes, but there's also unarrested citizens who are naked. And the other plot is so boring too.

Slide Whistle Stooges: This one also made my list, although I completely forgot about it until this moment. Very annoying and bland episode, and that ending is trash.

Episodes on my bottom 50 to show up so far:

50: ??? 

49: Whatever Happened to Spongebob

48: The Play's the Thing

47: ???

46: ???

45: ???

44: ???

43: Face Freeze

42: ???

41: Plankton's Regular

40: Squid's Visit

39: Pet Sitter Pat

38: ???

37: ???

36: ???

35: ???

34: Sportz?

33: ???

32: ???

31: ???

30: Good Neighbors

29: ???

28: The Thing

27: Fungus Among Us

26: ???

25: ???

24: Sun Bleached

23: Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy

22: Boating Buddies

21: ???

20: ???

19: Slide Whistle Stooges  

18: ???

17: Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful

16: ???

15: ???

14: Summer Job

13: To Love a Patty

12: ???

11: The Splinter

10: Cephalopod Lodge

9: ???

8: Shuffleboarding

7: ???

6: ???

5: ???

4: Yours, Mine, & Mine

3: ???

2: ???

1: ???

(I moved one episode further down since this started, so this list I'm using here is different than the one I submitted)

• Thanks 1

"Someone's in the Kitchen With Sandy" made my list. It's a TERRIBLE episode, with a HORRIBLE premise, poorly written characterizations, and everyone is holding what TV Tropes would call the "Idiot Ball." Otherwise, there is no WAY this mess of an episode could POSSIBLY work! o.o And in my personal point of view, "Slide Whistle Stooges" isn't really terrible or horrible; it's just...there. I'm really indifferent to it, but I can understand why people might not have such a favorable view to it. Enough said for now! :cool:

• Thanks 3

Someone in the Kitchen with Sandy: sounds like creepypasta episode to me. it's weird, disgusting & creepy at the same time...no thanks *vomits*

Slide Whistle Stooges : Like @WumboJack Horseman said, it's just insulting to this episode how annoying it gets. Fuck this.

Oh and "baby assulter" that's like mean-sprited to your childrens like seriously. doing in hopsital, annoying with townpeople is one giant "fuck you" to fans.

• Thanks 3

I'm glad to see others hate Slide Whistle Stooges as much as I do. This episode has always been hard to watch. Everyone was so mean-spirited besides SpongeBob and Patrick, who were just annoying with the slide whistles. The hospital scene in the episode where SpongeBob and Patrick play with the slide whistles with the injured fish makes me mad. How is that funny to the townspeople but Squidward using it is bad? (I mean he was a bit annoying with it, but still...). But yeah, fuck this episode. I always tend to skip watching this when I come across it.

• Happy 3

2 hours ago, President Squidward said:

I'm glad to see others hate Slide Whistle Stooges as much as I do. This episode has always been hard to watch. Everyone was so mean-spirited besides SpongeBob and Patrick, who were just annoying with the slide whistles. The hospital scene in the episode where SpongeBob and Patrick play with the slide whistles with the injured fish makes me mad. How is that funny to the townspeople but Squidward using it is bad? (I mean he was a bit annoying with it, but still...). But yeah, fuck this episode. I always tend to skip watching this when I come across it.

Clearly they didn't assault any babies which makes everything they did OK!

• Like 1
  • Happy 2
  • Thanks 1

Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy: See the main post for my opinion on it.

Slide Whistle Stooges: Extremely forgettable at best, insulting at worst. If anything, however, the town cheering the fact that Squidward drove off a cliff was one of the worst parts of the episode. Unfortunately, I don't have much to say about this episode, considering how I didn't pay much attention to this episode when going back through the season a while ago (just to see what my current opinions on the show are).

12. Choir Boys

y9dcakH.jpg?1

168 points. 15 out of 25 lists. Highest Ranking: 2 #6's - @RDSP & @Master WhoBruh

Summary:

Spoiler

Squidward takes a shower and gets dressed, and prepares to audition for open chair at the Bikini Bottom Men's Chorus. When he steps outside, SpongeBob is lying on the ground, depressed. SpongeBob tells him that the reason he is so sad is that Patrick is out of town for a family reunion, and he needs someone to play with and something to do until Patrick gets back. SpongeBob asks Squidward where he is going, and asks Squidward if he can come with him. Squidward says no. SpongeBob tries to show Squidward he can sing, but Squidward rides off, leaving him in the dust. SpongeBob digs a pothole, and when Squidward falls into it, he tumbles into Jellyfish Fields, where a swarm of jellyfish surround and sting him as SpongeBob takes advantage of his "captive audience."

Later, Squidward is back to riding his recumbent bicycle. When he sees he is almost late, he takes a detour through grass, where he is stopped by SpongeBob, who is dressed as a policeman. He gives Squidward a ticket for "reckless frowning" and not listening to him sing. Squidward rips off his mustache, yells at him, ties him to coral with some kelp, and rides off. When Squidward sings "figaro," SpongeBob also sings, generating sound waves which cause the kelp to fall apart and attract jellyfish, which carry him away.

Meanwhile, Squidward arrives in time and takes his place. After spending a considerable amount of time clearing his throat, the music begins and he sings along, quite poorly. SpongeBob, carried by jellyfish, comes in, singing. The people find his voice beautiful and give him the open chair, as well as a mustache which he wears. SpongeBob accepts, but only if they find a spot for his "inspiration and great friend," Squidward. They agree. During the concert, SpongeBob sings. Squidward is in charge of turning the pages of his songbook, which he does with a bitter look on his face.

Jjs: This is an episode I should probably hate a lot more than I do, but unfortunately several other annoy Squidward episodes annoy me more over this one. SpongeBob was an annoying little shit here, definitely one of his worst appearances. The "FEGAROH" stuff got tiresome really fast and was not funny, like at all. I felt bad for Squidward throughout the entire time, it was just so unfunny and paints SpongeBob in a bad light with unfortunate implications. More than anything, this episode is mostly stale and unremarkable to me, although if I rewatched it I have a feeling it will definitely make my bottom 25 next time lmao. For now, if this episode did not exist at all, my life would be unchanged. I would write a lot more but I haven't seen this one in a few years, and also don't have much of a desire to rewatch it either. Fegaroaway. 

SOF: This ep was very annoying, but it wasn't enough to make my list. SpongeBob's singing was annoying and hurt my ears, holy crap. Squidward did not deserve any of the treatment he went through here. In addition to being annoying, this episode also completely bored me. Maybe if I rewatch this someday, I could hate it more.

Honest Slug: This has to be one of the least-funny episodes of thee show. Not in the same way as something like House Sittin' for Sandy where there's no jokes at all, there are jokes in this episode, and every single one of them is unfunny and obnoxious to the point where I wish there were no jokes because maybe then the episode would be slightly more bearable. The humor in this episode is late Family Guy-tier stuff. The best example of this is the throat clearing gag, which is my vote for one of the worst gags in series history, I don't even see how's it's supposed to be funny, it's just noise, and noise itself is simply annoying without anything humorous along with it. What makes it worse is that it's repeated twice in the episode. Other humor fails because it's so predictable, it's so obvious that SpongeBob is going to beat Squidward at everything and that Squidward is going to fail no matter what, even when he does nothing to deserve it. It's not funny because it's so one-sided and the ways the loses are so uninspired and annoying. Why should I invest myself into the storyline when Squidward's going to lose no matter where the story goes? Speaking of story there's no originality or creativity here at all. At least other Squid "abuse" episodes tried to put a tiny spin on the concept even if they all had the same humor, this is just the most generic and lifeless plot ever. If it weren't for how particularly terrible this one was it'd be forgotten in a instant. And I think it goes without saying that SpongeBob is ruined in this episode too, not to the extent of Boating Buddies, but this is a very annoying and oblivious characterization and represents nothing of what made him a likable protagonist to begin with.

11. Pet or Pests

7yqYt2F.png?1

174 points. 10 out of 25 lists. Highest Ranking: #1 - @ACS

Summary:

Spoiler

One day, SpongeBob and Patrick are playing leapfrog, when they land in a bush. They destroy it, and the two find a worm that lived in the bush. SpongeBob takes it home and introduces him to Gary, who takes an immediate dislike to it. They fight, and SpongeBob pulls them apart. Later that night, SpongeBob lets his new pet stay where Gary usually sleeps, and Gary is sent to the guest room, which he does not like.

The next morning, SpongeBob wakes up and sees the worm in a type of pain. He runs to Patrick because he does not know what to do. They go back to SpongeBob's house and see that the worm has given birth to baby worms. SpongeBob and Patrick try and put Gary and Mrs. Wormsley together, but she attacks Gary again, and Gary chases Mrs. Wormsley out of town on a bus, so SpongeBob is left to take care of the worm babies. Because Patrick is not willing to help with this situation, SpongeBob tries to find a person who will adopt the baby worms.

He first takes the worms to Squidward's house. Squidward is disgusted by them for vomiting a type of acid at his face. He then takes it to Mrs. Puff, in which she is shocked by them and puffs, damaging her house. SpongeBob then proceeds to go to a grocery store, stumbling upon Larry the Lobster. He decides to take them, but only to eat them alive due to raw protein, in which SpongeBob knocks them out of Larry's hand. The worms land in the middle of the road right in front of a moving truck, in which SpongeBob reacts. He goes inside the truck to pull out the connections to the engine, and unscrews and gets rid of the engine, forcing the truck to halt.

SpongeBob then scoops up the meadow worms and puts them in the box that they were in. After this, SpongeBob tries to sell them to Mr. Krabs, in which he declines because the worms spit up on his face as well, and forces him to take the worms out of his restaurant. SpongeBob puts them by the garbage, but the babies spit on him too. Garbage men come up and they are about to take the garbage away when they see the acid on SpongeBob's face. They see that it is a very rare type of worm, and Mr. Krabs comes out, hearing how it is rare and they would bring a lot of money. In the end, SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs sell the worms to the people of Bikini Bottom.

Jjs: Pet or Pests was once my most hated episode of the series on the 2013 countdown. It is not anymore. But oh don't worry, I still hate this unfunny, confused, boring, dead air, and stupid, stupid episode enough to put it on my bottom 10 at #8. I hate everything about this one. The plot is garbage, the setup isn't engaging, the gross out isn't entertaining, the characters are really out of character, the episode as a whole feels lazy, and the jokes aren't funny. Yes, we get it, SpongeBob is ringing Mrs. Puff's doorbell for a long time, why are we wasting time on this??? Oh and look guys, Larry doesn't know who SpongeBob is, the hilarity! Where's the actual joke? Why did the episode waste time on any of these things? Because the episode meanders so much that it has no clue what it wants to even do. This really shows in how Mr. Krabs comes out of nowhere for the "resolution". Having Mr. Krabs use the worms for profit feels like one of the laziest ways to end the episode they could've done out of many. The mother worm vanishing and not getting any solid closure either was very awkward too. Such a clunky and messy episode with no redeeming values to me. 

Homie: While Pets or Pests has always been much-maligned in the trove of horrible Season 6 SpongeBob episodes, I've noticed that it seems rare that anyone singles the episode itself out as the worst of the show. This has become curious to me more and more over time as I've realized that the episode itself is more or less a culmination of everything wrong with some of the most contested episodes of the show, sharing elements in common with A Pal For GaryThe Splinter, and a number of others in its respective category. Simply put, Pets or Pests is a culmination of much of the worst the show has to offer and has always stuck out to me as the worst of the show by far, if not for the fact that it is entirely unbearable from a writing perspective, but the incredibly lazy animation that finds itself almost completely off-model at points makes for an extremely irritating segment.

Of salient concern with the episode itself is how repulsive and ill-fitting to the animation the worms are designed, and while on the one hand it could be argued that this was the episode's intention-something which is hammered in by the tiresome sequences involving SpongeBob trying to give the worms away--I can't say I've ever been particularly inclined to hand-wave an episodes most egregious flaws by pointing out how they were 'done on purpose,' as it's painstakingly clear to anyone watching that this was on purpose, but it simply wasn't a very palatable choice. Still, if I were only truly frustrated with the overall lack of redeemable visuals in this episode, I likely wouldn't be inclined to rank it so highly--luckily, there's much more in store here. 

After a frustrating opening sequence that establishes the general annoyance one would feel for the rest of the episode, we're immediately treated to SpongeBob discovering a horrifying worm creature and immediately establishing that the worm takes precedence over Gary in his own home. Right after, we're treated to a sequence of the worm itself actively giving birth, covered in its own slime and bellowing in pain. In all honesty, I'd rank the moment where we're treated to a closeup of the worm going into labor as one of the worst in the entire show, and it's certainly one that makes everything else in the episode feel off-putting. 

Patrick (and the worm) quickly fuck off out of the plot immediately and, halfway into the episode, we quickly divert from 'horrifying gross-out sequences' to 'Chocolate With Nuts without any clever dialogue and with more new-born worms covered in slime.' Of course they do try to throw a few gags in there, like SpongeBob ringing Mrs. Puff's doorbell in an extremely drawn-out and painful sequence, but as with most Season 6 humor this comes across as much more grating than anything else. Nothing of note really happens beyond this point except for SpongeBob and just about everyone else in Bikini Bottom getting vomited on by the worms, and then the worms suddenly being "extremely valuable" because the writers couldn't decide on an ending that made sense. 

Edited by Harold Claude
  • Like 2
  • Happy 1
  • God Himself 2

Haha both made my list.

Choir Boys is easily my least favorite Squidward abuse episode. Everything about it was idiotic, mean-spirited and irritating. Oh look, SpongeBob legit doesn't care If Squidward gets hurt from jellyfishes or he basically stole Squidward's moment. If Squidward always meant to fail, then what's the point of having SpongeBob here? Just to make sure he's great at everything and Squidward isn't? This is a piss poor attempt to make SpongeBob optimistic and Squidward pessimistic and egotistival since Squidward was looking forward to joining choir boys without rubbing it in other's faces. SpongeBo  on the other hand did rub it on Squidward's face and it was just cruel. Every single gag is cringeworthy and the plot highlights the jerk SpongeBob without giving a solid reason why he should deserve the glory. Fuck this episode.

I legit forgot about Pets or Pets until i remembered to put it on the list. Such a disgusting piece of shit with lazy attempts at comedy like doornob joke or Larry doesn't remember SpongeBob hahaha or Mr. Krabs becomes rich ass again! 

Season 7 is still the worst season but season 6 isn't any better than it either. 

• Like 2

Can’t wait to see the top ten this ye...wait what about Fungus Among Us!?  Okay all you people defending it saying it’s not that bad and some of you who like it.  I’m willing to accept different opinions and all because you know that’s what makes us all not the same.  That’s perfectly fine with me.  I’ve been on a constant proclamation on how much I passionately loathe this episode for ten years now so if you expect me to say the same points over and over again, go back to previous countdowns or this episode’s thread.  But this year,let me indulge with you all for just one minute with a comparison point.

I have never seen Ink Lemonade.  Never plan to either to be honest since I rarely watch new SpongeBob unless you guys talk up and episode enough positively.  But it feels like I’ve practically seen it with all the commentary and mass rejection for how generally unlikeable it is, how offputting some of the animation is, and how terrible Patrick treats Squidward and so on and so forth.  Like I said, it feels like I’ve practically watched the episode with how often it’s been talked about right here right now on this site, hell even this thread.Btw, mark my words that Ink Lemonade will drop in future countdowns because this feels like too new levels of hatred like when Mr. Enter made the internet despise Pet Sitter Pat.  But that last sentence is besides the point.  My point is this:

357683.jpg

...but does it have a moment like this!?  How can you all tell me that an episode with practically the entire cast wanting to get SpongeBob for spreading a disease unintentionally and causing him to cry...how is this not so bad!?  Yes Squidward gets scared by Patrick in a variety of ways that are unsettling, I’ve seen some of the images.  But to me, that feels very Ren & Stimpy-esque gone wrong, at least.  Fungus Among Us doesn’t even try to make us feel anything but misery and disgust.

I guess I really need to watch Ink Lemonade to really get this brand new passionate hatred.

• Thanks 4

Choir Boys: Made my list but I think it's slightly overhated, the squid abuse isn't quite as bad as many others have it, and its otherwise just extremely bland. Regardless, this episode is terrible

Pet or Pests: Made my list, at #2. Terrible episode, the wost of season 6, and the only one to not have a single thing I like about the episode. Not even a single joke. The episode is extremely gross, hvaing the overall worst animation of any episode, is extremely boring and bland, is unfunny (not a single funny joke), useless filler scenes, so many stupid scenes, bad ending, and so on.

Also, glad to see that my #1 episode has made it to the bottom 10. I was hoping it'd make it as low as possible, and I'm glad to see it has made it this far, below even Choir Boys and Boating Buddies.

Episodes on my bottom 50 to show up so far:

50: ??? 

49: Whatever Happened to Spongebob

48: The Play's the Thing

47: ???

46: ???

45: ???

44: ???

43: Face Freeze

42: ???

41: Plankton's Regular

40: Squid's Visit

39: Pet Sitter Pat

38: ???

37: ???

36: ???

35: ???

34: Sportz?

33: ???

32: ???

31: ???

30: Good Neighbors

29: ???

28: The Thing

27: Fungus Among Us

26: ???

25: ???

24: Sun Bleached

23: Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy

22: Boating Buddies

21: ???

20: Choir Boys

19: Slide Whistle Stooges  

18: ???

17: Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful

16: ???

15: ???

14: Summer Job

13: To Love a Patty

12: ???

11: The Splinter

10: Cephalopod Lodge

9: ???

8: Shuffleboarding

7: ???

6: ???

5: ???

4: Yours, Mine, & Mine

3: ???

2: Pet or Pests

1: ???

(I moved one episode further down since this started, so this list I'm using here is different than the one I submitted)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sammy The Scallop said:

Can’t wait to see the top ten this ye...wait what about Fungus Among Us!?  Okay all you people defending it saying it’s not that bad and some of you who like it.  I’m willing to accept different opinions and all because you know that’s what makes us all not the same.  That’s perfectly fine with me.  I’ve been on a constant proclamation on how much I passionately loathe this episode for ten years now so if you expect me to say the same points over and over again, go back to previous countdowns or this episode’s thread.  But this year,let me indulge with you all for just one minute with a comparison point.

I have never seen Ink Lemonade.  Never plan to either to be honest since I rarely watch new SpongeBob unless you guys talk up and episode enough positively.  But it feels like I’ve practically seen it with all the commentary and mass rejection for how generally unlikeable it is, how offputting some of the animation is, and how terrible Patrick treats Squidward and so on and so forth.  Like I said, it feels like I’ve practically watched the episode with how often it’s been talked about right here right now on this site, hell even this thread.Btw, mark my words that Ink Lemonade will drop in future countdowns because this feels like too new levels of hatred like when Mr. Enter made the internet despise Pet Sitter Pat.  But that last sentence is besides the point.  My point is this:

357683.jpg

...but does it have a moment like this!?  How can you all tell me that an episode with practically the entire cast wanting to get SpongeBob for spreading a disease unintentionally and causing him to cry...how is this not so bad!?  Yes Squidward gets scared by Patrick in a variety of ways that are unsettling, I’ve seen some of the images.  But to me, that feels very Ren & Stimpy-esque gone wrong, at least.  Fungus Among Us doesn’t even try to make us feel anything but misery and disgust.

I guess I really need to watch Ink Lemonade to really get this brand new passionate hatred.

soon: ONE OF US, ONE OF US!!!

but yeah fuck Fungus Among Us

Shuffleboarding: The weakest MM&BB episode bar none. It's not on my list, nor did I have to make this a cut from my list proper, but this is growing on me as a bad episode. The episode's title has little to do with the actual plot, SB and Patrick end up being legitimately unlikable, and not even the excuse that the writers try to employ with SB and Patrick feeling convinced that they are MM&BB can back it up.

Little Yellow Book: Killed by Nickelodeon's hype at the same time of being a legitimately poorly executed episode that makes me confused in whether the Squid Abuse feels unwarranted or not. It's the source of the Mocking SpongeBob meme, but that meme was never really funny imho.

To Love a Patty: The episode's idiotic story is fascinating to the point where it prevents me from hating it enough to make it a contender for my bottom 25.

Summer Job: A very forgetful Season 7 episode that I don't see hating enough to put in my list.

Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful: Unfunny Squid Abuse episode that is coupled with A Pal for Gary as one of the worst episode pairings. I wouldn't say that this episode was inferior as it was back then, but it is still in my bottom 40.

Waiting: This episode made my list and it's very easy to see why. "Waiting" is an incredibly pointless and petty episode all the way through.

Demolition Doofus: Honestly, I can't hate this episode enough since Mrs. Puff at least had some prior motivation for going as far as to wanting SpongeBob dead, but her character was still over-exaggerated nonetheless. It's also because this episode partially served as inspiration for one of my works that I've put on hold for almost three years. Yeah, sorry about that.

All That Glitters: Already did my long piece on this episode. Also, sorry for the occasional grammar/sentence mistakes where I apparently left out some words for my commentary.

Boating Buddies: I don't think this episode is that bad. SpongeBob's weird obsession with Squidward was uncomfortable, but one later episode proved that this characterization could be done worse.

Rodeo Daze: An incredibly boring episode to sit through, but there's also barely anything wrong I find with the episode besides that it's monotonous than the episode's summary suggests that it isn't.

Yours, Mine and Mine: Made my list this time around, as it's definitely a post-movie episode that I have overlooked. Do you remember those painfully unfunny last couple minutes from "Waiting?" This episode stretches that plot outline into eleven minutes that results into an episode that is just extremely petty.

Squid's Visit: While SpongeBob's weird obsession with Squidward was uncomfortable in "Boating Buddies," this portrayal went beyond discomforting. I had this on my list a couple times before, but a sizable chunk of newcomers to my list brought this below my bottom 25, making it a pretty painful cut from it.

Truth of Square: I've already saved myself some trouble by posting a novel-sized piece where I defend my love-relationship towards the special. For those who haven't peeped that out yet, it's quite the handful of a review. :funny:

Fungus Among Us: There are some elements whereas I feel like I should hate this episode. Like, there's just so much fungus on-screen that it gives me an uneasy feeling watching this episode sometimes, but the episode's plot is imaginative enough to prevent me from hating it.

The Splinter: So bad it's kinda fascinating in my eyes, but there were still some elements from the episode that frustrated me, like Patrick's jerkish behavior.

Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy: Horrible, horrible storyline saved from my list for having some moments that I found to be genuinely funny.

Slide Whistle Stooges: This episode became so much of a sourer that it made my bottom 25 this year. As much flack that "A Day Without Tears" and "Funny Pants" get to the point where people make the easy assumption that the respective episodes are somehow literally 11 minutes of whatever, this right here has slide whistle noises being used throughout the entire duration of the episode. SpongeBob and Patrick using slide whistles during operations is not funny, but the doctors and surgeons laughing along with them was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Oh, and I also can't forget about the "baby assaulter" line (as well as "Assault your own baby!"), which I found to be hilarious in how poorly the writers decided to sugar-coat a term for impersonating a baby, apparently. I guess "infant aggressor," "bambino bushwhacker," or "neonate provocateur" aren't quite up the ally of the episode's writers.

Choir Boys: Watching this episode feels like time has slowed down so significantly, it feels like you're watching more than 11 minutes of it, but time is speeding up everywhere else around you. You're trying to watch the episode, but your dinner has already gotten cold within 5 minutes. It's easy for me to make the assumption that the writers had a well-thought-out idea for an episode but had to phone in so many things including the tedious coughing gag 'cause they were unsure how to conceive a plot for the episode. In other words, the episode didn't have much of a plot, it was just SpongeBob annoying Squidward because he wanted someone to play with while Patrick was away, and he stalls Squidward for hardly any good reason. This episode is so monotonous that it frustrates me, as it so earned a spot on my list.

Pet or Pests: This episode might sour on me enough to be a contender for my bottom 25 in the future. The episode is mediocre at best and while it had some bits that frustrated me, it wasn't one of the most frustrating episodes I've seen.

Oh, and Ink Lemonade was so despised in a matter of a single day that it already managed to make the top 10 this year? That's quite an accomplishment.

• Like 3

I distinctly remember having an extremely visceral reaction the first time I saw Choir Boys, it was one of the first TV show episodes to make me realize that some media can be bad and worthy of criticism. Not even the godless scene with SpongeBob being levitated in the sky and making that face could salvage anything like the writers were hoping it would. 

• Like 2

In all honesty, I have no idea what's going to be in the Top 10 at this point aside from a few obvious picks. I'll say I was definitely expecting Choir Boys and Pet or Pests to be there.

• Like 2