• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Worst Episodes Ever 2018 Edition

Shark Tale

4 minutes ago, WumboJack Horseman said:

the fact that ink lemonade got thirteen last minute changes just to put it on the list deserves some kind of honorary #1 worst episode, at least

We count any additional changes like Whobob only seeing after the deadline and me hating it and wanting to move it up from 7th to 2nd to at least put it above OCM, a true accomplishment

Also force Clappy to watch it so he understands us, it's the only way

Goddammit More said my first point first, blocked again, slow mobile sucks how do people live on it :(

• Happy 1

1 minute ago, More said:

Don't forget that it'd be even higher had WhoBob, 4EverGreen, Honest Slug and etc. had the time to put it in their Top 5's. If there was just one more day for list changes it literally could've been #1.

Ikr. Thanks slow leak days, Internet/Turkey.

1 minute ago, Something the So and So said:

We count any additional changes like Whobob only seeing after the deadline and me hating it and wanting to move it up from 7th to 2nd to at least put it above OCM, a true accomplishment

Also force Clappy to watch it so he understands us, it's the only way

Me and Slug would have put it further into our lists had there been one extra day

• Thanks 2
  • God Himself 2

3 minutes ago, WumboJack Horseman said:

as for one coarse meal

i get the hate y'all, i was there

but i'm honestly just kinda over this one, and it's kind of absurd to me that after all these years it's still this high on the countdown

eh, to me hatred is still deserved. I understand where you are coming tho, the episode, along with APFG, are hated so much because of...

*KKTV end credits*

• Thanks 2
  • God Himself 1

13 minutes ago, Master WhoBruh said:

eh, to me hatred is still deserved. I understand where you are coming tho, the episode, along with APFG, are hated so much because of...

*KKTV end credits*

APFG & OCM had alright starts while you can tell Ink was gonna be bad from the opening shot of Patrick...and then like Fred said it became the worst parts of Squid's Visit and OCM's illegitimate love child alongside the Ren and Stimpy issues and grossout. Ink's is much more deserved even if APFG and OCM are Satan's spawn.

• Thanks 1
  • God Himself 1

I went into Ink Lemonade knowing how disliked it was on here, and it was even worse than I thought it would be. I've generally been forgiving of Patrick episodes because he's my favorite character and I don't usually mind him being a jerk or being dangerously stupid like in Pet Sittet Pat. His callousness in this episode didn't come from stupidity or a general lack of awareness. He knew exactly what he was doing, and because of that, it was one of the few times I've found myself rooting against him. He doesn't get punished, though, for the same reason Krabs almost never gets punished for bad behavior, either, and this type of scheme is one that would make much more sense from Krabs, and if it had been from him, it probably wouldn't have made the episode better, but made it a lot less upsetting in my eyes. I'll go ahead and say that I put Ink Lemonade ninth on my list, and if I had more time to truly reflect on it, I probably would have put it higher. I could care less about the grossout gags and constant, unhinged Squidward abuse in the episode. I don't even care as much about the fact that Patrick didn't get punished as I do about what I wanted Patrick to get punished for in the first place. The way he gleefully terrorizes Squidward and profits from it is a great example of character destruction but an awful episode of television and one that fully deserves the ire it has gotten from this website.

• Like 1
  • Happy 1
  • God Himself 5

10 minutes ago, Something the So and So said:

APFG & OCM had alright starts while you can tell Ink was gonna be bad from the opening shot of Patrick...and then like Fred said it became the worst parts of Squid's Visit and OCM's illegitimate love child alongside the Ren and Stimpy issues and grossout. Ink's is much more deserved even if APFG and OCM are Satan's spawn.

Tru but still awful eps to me shrug. Ink is prob my #3 if it made my list.

So, let's try and tally up how high "Ink" would've got with an extra day:

It received 232 points even without everyone changing it.

@4EverGreen Said he'd put it as his #1 if given the opportunity. 25 points.

@Honest Slug Would move it up from #16 to #1. 15 points.

@Something the So and So Would move it from #7 to #2. 5 points.

@Master WhoBruh Would put it at #3, stating he didn't have time due to slow Turkey leaks. 23 points.

@Wintermelon43 Would move it from 14 to 7. So 7 points.

@Powdered Toast JCM Would move it from 9th to 3rd. 6 points.

@Clappy Needs to be convinced to become one of us.

@CyanideFishbone May or may not watch it soon.

I assume that Myself, jjs, Wumbo, Steel, SOF, Prez, Fred, Cha, Wendy, RDSP and Homie put it satisfactorily high. Patty and BeachBob definitely won't include it.

So adding that all together... that's at the very minimum 314 (THREE HUNDRED :eek:) points with only the changes that were 100% confirmed. Stuck in the Wringer got 275 last year so it would have surpassed at least that. Once we see how many points the Top Two do indeed get we can figure out for certain.

Edited by More
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, More said:

I assume that Myself, jjs, Wumbo, Steel, SOF, Prez, Fred, Cha, Wendy and Homie put it satisfactorily high. Patty and BeachBob definitely won't include it.

pretty DARN high, if you go back and look at the entry (smirk)

• God Himself 2

11 minutes ago, More said:

@Honest Slug Would move it up from #16 to #1. 15 points.

@Something the So and So Would move it from #7 to #2. 5 points.

@Master WhoBruh Would put it at #3, stating he didn't have time due to slow Turkey leaks. 23 points.

@Wintermelon43 Would put it higher. Tell me how much.

@Powdered Toast JCM Would put it higher than #9. The definition of "much higher" is unclear.

@Clappy Needs to be convinced to become one of us.

@CyanideFishbone May or may not watch it soon.

@RDSP Would have put it on his list if given the time.

I assume that Myself, jjs, Wumbo, Steel, SOF, Prez, Fred, Cha, Wendy and Homie put it satisfactorily high. Patty and BeachBob definitely won't include it.

So adding that all together... that's at the very minimum 300 (THREE HUNDRED

) points with only the changes that were 100% confirmed. Stuck in the Wringer got 275 last year so it would have surpassed at least that. Once we see how many points the Top Two do indeed get we can figure out for certain.

Actually I blame people who didn't leak anywhere except MEGA but Turkey isn't off the hook cuz i had to be stuck here /s

@More From 14 to 7. So 7 points I think

Ink Lemonade: Terrible episode, and easily the worst post-sequel episode. Squidward did nothing to deserve this torture, yet he's brought through so much torture in the worst possible way. This episode is Patrick's worst appearance, he is literally a sadist here. The episode is obnoxious and gross too. The only good thing about this episode is that the animation is good. Seriously, imagine this garbage with season 6 animation. It'd easily be bottom 2 of the series.

One Coarse Meal: Also an episode with a character doing sadistic things to another character. Honestly at this point do I really need to explain this.

Episodes on my bottom 50 to show up so far:

50: SpongeBob, You're Fired

49: Whatever Happened to Spongebob

48: The Play's the Thing

47: ???

46: ???

45: ???

44: ???

43: Face Freeze

42: ???

41: Plankton's Regular

40: Squid's Visit

39: Pet Sitter Pat

38: ???

37: ???

36: ???

35: ???

34: Sportz?

33: ???

32: ???

31: ???

30: Good Neighbors

29: Clash of Trition

28: The Thing

27: Fungus Among Us

26: ???

25: ???

24: Sun Bleached

23: Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy

22: Boating Buddies

21: ???

20: Choir Boys

19: Slide Whistle Stooges  

18: ???

17: Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful

16: ???

15: ???

(Ink Lemonade's spot on my submitted list) 

14: Summer Job

13: To Love a Patty

12: ???

11: The Splinter

10: Cephalopod Lodge

9: Trenchbillies

8: Shuffleboarding

7: Ink Lemonade

6: Big Sister Sam

5: Smoothe Jazz in Bikini Bottom

4: Yours, Mine, & Mine

3: One Coarse Meal

2: Pet or Pests

1: Squid Baby 

(I moved one episode further down since this started, so this list I'm using here is different than the one I submitted)

• Like 2

Honestly unsure if it'd be my second or actual least, I admittedly have a bias against Sportz since it took something I'm interested in outside of SB and threw anything interesting out the window for the sake of a broken plot, but like jjs said Ink perfectly shows every single post-movie and sequel issue minus Mr Krabs in one episode...and it'd make more sense if it was Krabs instead of Patrick. For now it's 2 but next time it could honestly be number 1 thanks to the ending.

Lmao at the adjusted points being 50 points more than OCM though, fullt deserved.

• Like 3

Ink Lemonade: I posted a fuller review of this episode on that episode's discussion page. This episode is... interesting, in how quickly it got hated. At first I was more... alright with it, like it wasn't good but I wouldn't have necessarily defended it had I the reason to. But oh man, after rewatching it, I now dislike this horror of an episode... although I will say this; do I think it's the new worst of the show? No, not at all. There's still worse; this was the episode I was referring to yesterday when I said that there were episodes where I'd watch this over them. Also, I still don't see the connection between this and One Coarse Meal. It's been explained to me and I still don't see the similarities.
Also @More , yes, I put it on my list. It's at #15, though seeing as how I forgot about other episodes, it might have actually made #17. Still though, it's an awful episode and one I wouldn't willingfully return to.

As for One Coarse Meal... I don't know exactly where I'd put it. Due to throwing my list together quickly, it made #2, though it may actually be a bit lower given what some of the other episodes have pulled off. Even then, this one is terrible. Mr. Krabs is terrible here, and so is Spongebob, who backstabs Plankton at the end (that part being the most frustrating part of the episode in my opinion). The only thing that I can say wasn't too bad was the opening, which was an interesting was to open the episode... then it went downhill when Pearl entered and... yeah.

• Like 2

@More yeah I put it kind of high on my list, at #9. I hated the episode, but I thought putting it higher would seem like a bit of a stretch. (Plus, the 8 episodes before Ink Lemonade I hate with a fiery passion more). 

but yeah ink lemonade is a garbage, disgusting episode and my boy Karl had to work on that trash ?

One Coarse Meal made it to #20 on my list. I dislike it, but honestly it's one of the more harmless bad episodes. 

• Thanks 1

Ink Lemonade : I ready talked this how i hated it in the topic, but i would add to my entry that i addto list at last minute that shocked how awful Ren & Stimpy style episode is pissed me off. Like Patrick is even much worse & HUGE jerkass character. Even he's isn't funny at all to use megaphone. If this retuen for next worst list. Maybe it'll be #1 in ALL TIME LOW!

One Course Meal: I actually do feel bad for Plankton here, scared by Pearl, and be totured by Krabs is a huge asshole. Even SB tried to help to conquear his fears. Nope, he ended it up distracted him at near end....jerk! Honestly i would put it back on list if i ever rewatch it. For now, this is just awful to me.

• Like 1
  • God Himself 1

5 hours ago, More said:

Actually, I said I would replace "Best Day Ever" with "Ink Lemonade," and "Best Day Ever" ranked at #4 on my list, so that would be 22 points extra. Although, if "Fun Sized Friends" doesn't make this list, I would make it my #2, then. And I don't even need to go into my OWN version of how BAD "Ink Lemonade" is, everything has already been said! And "One Coarse Meal" made my list at #8! Enough said, for now!

• Thanks 2