• Advertisement

212b. Sportz?

Jjs Goodman

Rating  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Footballs: Oh Squiddy, you're a genius.
    • 4/5 Footballs: I'm just giving the people what they want.
    • 3/5 Footballs: That's great, now do it...a hundred more times.
    • 2/5 Footballs: All this pain is starting to hurt...
    • 1/5 Footballs: You don't know what this stuff is!?

jW6hx6t.png

Premieres: 

Sunday, July 16th @ 7:45pm ET/PT

Encores:

Saturday, July 22nd @ 9:45am ET/PT

Plot:

Squidward invents a new sport to get back at SpongeBob and Patrick for annoying him. 

Clips:

N/A

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 1

-The box has 4 sides. Look at all of them. Jesus Christ. Scuff the name up when it gets bumped off if you want them to be clueless.

-I guess the box is bigger on the inside.

-Them not knowing what sports are is such a lazy concept.

-Stay down there and suck on your whip cream ball.

-Gary abuse....

-Mess up a meal he's toiled at, and then trash his yard. Payback time, even Angel Squidward came around.

-Pain points. MYSTERY CAMEO.

-Watching sports and playing sports are equally terrible.

-How and who built that stadium?

-More like crotch boxing.

-Damnit Sandy, why can't you just let natural selection happen? Some scientist you are.

-PLAY. THAT. SQUIRREL. Just don't expect your mama to be supportive.

-Pool is a sport now? Him becoming calamari might be more original if we hadn't seen that gag type in a long time.

-They are all losers at the game of characterization. 2/5. 

• Like 1
  • God Himself 3

I thought this episode was just okay. I found it weird that SpongeBob and Patrick didn't know what sports were given that they watch the sports channel- or SpongeBob not knowing that a box has four sides. It also kinda got a bit agonizing when it started showing their injuries close up. But I liked seeing Sandy pummel Squidward at sports (not to say that he didn't deserve it). That joke with Squidward becoming calamari was funny though. I didn't like it as much as its partner, but it wasn't bad.

• Like 2

I was legit expecting to hate this episode when I've heard so much crap from people but guess again, I found this to be just dull af. I suppose I'll give them a credit. Squidward's punishment was well deserved, even though it was SpongeBob and Patrick that ruined his day but he was no better than them. Sandy kicking Squidward's butt was a bit satisfying and yo mama joke was actually funny (weird how I laughed at that, considering Billy and Mandy overused that awful joke for so long). Rest? It's one gag. Characters get hurt. That's the episode. Such a shame, they could have done something so much fun with it and having Sandy interact with Squidward was good but it's just another SpongeBob and Patrick being so oblivious to the situation and Squidward being a jerk. Yawn. I've seen this type of episode so many times and I'm so tired of season 10's slapstick humor. It was nothing awful because it was just nothing.

Grade: C-

I finally just saw this episode segment. It wasn't what I would call spectacular, but it really wasn't THAT bad, all things considered! :DForgetting that a box has FOUR sides? That's LAZY writing, if you ask me! :rolleyes: Of course, if they DIDN'T do that, this episode segment wouldn't have HAD any plot device excuse to begin with! :hysterical: Was it wrong for Spongebob and Patrick to mess up Squidward's back yard by playing sports wrong? Yes, it was. Did that give Squidward the right to invoke Disproportionate Retribution on them by TORTURING them to death by playing those sports wrong? No, it did not! I'm glad Sandy came along to give Squidward a good form of comeuppance, by giving him a taste of his own medicine! :cool: There were a good number of things that could've been done better, but overall, I'd give this episode an 8 out of 10. Enough said! ;)

• Like 2
  • God Himself 1

Never mentioned this on here (maybe on xat?) but this is my legitimate least favorite episode, it's fundamentally broken from the beginning and does a piss-poor job at trying to be funny besides the dry chuckle I got outside of the sports fans joke which was just a blatant statement, the weakest kind of joke that a writer can do. Besides that it's literally just horrendous repetition and nothing else of substance worth anyone's time.

^ Make that “nine people” in your case.

Felt like watching some of the more notable episodes from the last two seasons since my knowledge of them is limited to like three episodes (Ink Lemonade, Mimic Madness, and Doodle Dimension).  And I saw this on the worst list this year so I figured why not.

...it’s mediocre.  If I had honestly any real problems with this episode is that they dumbed down SpongeBob and Patrick terribly.  Like this could arguably be in my top ten/fifteen biggest instances of them being given the idiot ball and running downhill with it.  How naive do you think your audience is that these two have never played any of the sports in this episode?  Or what a box is?  Or what some of those items are?  Or not seeing Sandy’s name on that box?

Also, Squidward’s motivation to be an ass is supremely forced.  It’s like the episode wants him to be an ass instead of watching him become one.  Granted, I thought some of his instances of him acting like an ass were actually funny (the angel/devil gag, the over the top rules keeper entrance).  But still him wanting to change the rules around to see SpongeBob and Patrick torture each other just felt forced instead of natural.

Then you have Sandy forcing her way into this episode because the story called for her to finally show up.  And while seeing her brutalize Squidward felt rightfully justified, that awful moral at the end of everyone being a winner including Squidward just felt lame as hell.

Now I know what you’re thinking.  What saves this episode for me from falling any lower than mediocrity?  Like I said earlier, the jokes were kind of funny.  I got laughs from Squidward ending up as calamari to Squidward’s asshattery to Patrick accidentally knocking a seahorse out of the sky to the sports fans and that one liner about sport fandom.  Sure there were plenty of stinkers in this episode, but I was actually surprised with how many of these jokes hit the landing for me.

In the end, I think mediocre sounds about right.  I’ll probably forget this episode before the year is over for me to really like it or outright hate it.

• Like 1

I actually really like this episode, it might just be the most underrated episode of the show for me. I actually enjoyed the silly slapstick here, and in general I found the episode's humor to be quite funny. It may not be Feral Friends, Mimic Madness, or even Burst Your Bubble level of quality, but it's still a great episode and is honestly one of the very few episodes that I believe gets far more flack than it deserves.

9/10

• Happy 2
  • Sad 1
  • Confused 2
  • God Himself 1

This is a bad episode and the worst of the season IMO. This episode is just the same joke over and over, being that people get hurt. This causes the epsode to be boring, uninteresting, and not very funny. Additonally, Squidward is out of character here, being too cruel in wanting to hurt Spongebob and Patrick. A combination of the two flaws I mentioned makes the episode annoying and frustrating. Also, the plot is fundamantally flawed from the beginning, due to Spongebob and Patrick not checking every side of the box for whatever reason.

2/10.

• Sad 1
  • God Himself 1

First thing's first. Gah, is this episode poorly structured... wait, does this episode even have structure? Like, while I have a history of saying that this episode isn't all that bad, there's no denying that there are several glaring issues here. For example, the opening is just so... ugh. There's really no other term to describe it.There are some points where Spongebob and Patrick's stupidity isn't this annoying, but here it's just so grating for them to just miss the side of the box that's facing the viewer. IT'S RIGHT THERE. I can't describe what happens throughout the rest of the first third, as I've forgotten. The second third is pretty eh, with Squidward borderline torturing Spongebob and Patrick. To be quite honest, the characterisation in this episode is awful. Then Sandy just... appears. No foreshadowing, no setup, just thrown in at the last second. While I guess I sort of enjoyed the final third with Sandy defeating Squidward, something about this part felt kinda... cheap. Thinking back on this episode, I sort of rated it rather highly with a 5/10, and there are enough glaring flaws for me to drop it down to...

FINAL RATING: 4/10 (MEDIOCRE episode)

5 hours ago, yuma the victini said:

this episode is one of my least favorite episodes for being so repitive and annoying and spongebob and patrick were really dumb in this episode 

1/10 third worst of the show

This is the greatest That Sinking Felling rant I’  ever seen 

I think this episode gets way too much hate, it's not a good episode and the main problem is that it's structured poorly but I did enjoy some scenes like the ending fight (they even manage to make a "yo mama" joke actually funny) and there were a few good jokes. 

3/5 (or 6/10)

• Sad 2
  • Wow 1