• Advertisement

Your interest levels in SpongeBob

Katniss

If there's already a topic like this then feel free to merge this thread, though I tried looking for one :P 

Basically, how has your interest in SB changed over the years? Do you still love it? Do you not watch the show anymore? Or are you more of a casual fan?

I'm still up for reading/participating in SpongeBob discussions occasionally but I haven't watched the actual show in a while.

my interest in spongebob has changed... quite a bit over the years.

2006-2009 ish: LOVED the show. i watched it a ton back in these years.

2010-2011: still caught some episodes but didnt really watch the show after this point.

2012 up until earlier this year is when i stopped watching the show altogether. i DID see the new movie in 2015, but i hadnt watched any episodes before and even after then.

april 2016-present is when i got back into the show, and my interest in it is high for the most part. rewatched some old episodes as well as watching the new ones when they come out.

I'll always love SpongeBob, but I'll admit it that I'm at a point where I can say that I'm not "obsessed" with the show. However, I am in a certain level where I still catch new episodes when they first come out, and that I'll still get some SB merch that I'd desire, but it's like what I've already said....

Mine have gone down quite a bit, I still watch some episodes here and there but I only watch it when there's nothing else to watch. I hold on to the older episodes more than the newer ones even though there's still some new episodes that are good. There's other shows that interest me more these days than SB, but i'll always remember SB for what it was since its a show many of us grew up with.

• Like 1

I was a huge fan as a kid and appreciate it for that fact.  I enjoy watching clips of classic episodes and occasionally watching a modern episode.  Aside from that, eh, it's not my favorite anymore.  The show's not really terrible nowadays, it's just that I have other shows I'm more into, ones that are mainly composed of a nice mixture of comedy and drama.  It comes with age I guess, but I'll always remember Spongebob as a nice addition to my childhood :)

I think now it comes and goes, depending if some new episodes came out and they were really interesting. And when I just feel like starting a depth convo about said new episodes. I'd say at the current moment, my interest in SpongeBob is rising once again. I've been rewatching more current episodes and I got all caught up. I'm also analyzing a bit more again.

• Like 3