• Advertisement

Shit (aka the Politics thread)

Ron

53 minutes ago, Fred Rechid said:

I'm just going to say this.

If the DNC never rigged in favor of Hillary Clinton instead of Bernie Sanders, we would have a pretty decent candidate. They have no one else to blame but themselves.

Bernie should have never run as a Democrat in the first place. I firmly believe he could've gotten enough votes if he ran as an independent. 

I agree that it never should've been rigged in favor of Hillary. But I don't think anyone should be surprised that it was. Bernie was never a Democrat in the first place. 

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Homie❤ said:

Bernie should have never run as a Democrat in the first place. I firmly believe he could've gotten enough votes if he ran as an independent. 

I agree that it never should've been rigged in favor of Hillary. But I don't think anyone should be surprised that it was. Bernie was never a Democrat in the first place. 

This is probably the realist and best post I've seen all day.

As for me, I know I would have voted for Bernie whether he won the Democratic ticket or not.  I'm legitimately surprised that he didn't go that route and run independent.  I know that Trump was going to do it whether he won the Republican ticket or not.  Bernie at least had a vision.

• Like 1

After seeing some very toxic things said online about people who voted for Trump and non-voters, I do feel the need to say at least one thing after witnessing the people (no one on SBC, don't worry) who have been driven to hostile behavior (cursing insults at others, attacking them, and refusing to be friends with them solely because of their political opinion) over this...

The world is evil. That is why evil people running our country should not come as a massive shock to us.

Everywhere I went, people agreed that this election was a choice between the lesser of two evils. Either way, people were voting for evil, so obviously, evil was going to win.

That's the way it's been for a long time, those who have lived longer than me like to tell me. We've elected plenty of presidents into office who have done horrible things, believed horrible things, and were even racists, like Edgar Hoover. But we've all been able to float on up until now.

You might be thinking this is all easy for me to say because I'm not a minority and therefore, I'm not going to be affected by anything Trump does. I will point out that I am a minority in regards to sexual preference, and even disregarding that, everyone is going to be affected by this in some way or another. Everyone in this world is a victim of evil.

If you walk away after reading this thinking, "no fuck you, donald trump is a can of cheddar and sour cream pringles", I won't be offended. I'm not looking for a debate. I just wanted to put something out there to try put some water on the fire, not the mysterious fluid I found in the garage. 

I honestly just want peace.

• Like 6

People have the right to be angry about the results of this election. Considering that the right is usually the side that's pro-freedom of speech, you'd think there wouldn't be a problem here. Maybe that's wishful thinking. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, SpongeOddFan said:

i can accept the results anyways. I'm fine with the results even thought Canada isn't involved to this.

You're about to get an influx of immigration though.

Next Canadian Prime Minister: When America sends their people, they're sending drugs, they're rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.

Make Canada Canada Again!

Also, Donald Trump is president. Wow.

• Like 6

I definitely believe the people have a right to be angry and if anything I said yesterday in the chat is said otherwise, let it be known that it's not at all what I meant.

What I meant by any of that is that I'm proud to live in a we get to pick who’s going to ruin our country, and it’s up to us to decide.  I get that not everyone will always feel the same about the results whether we are happy, angry, pessimistic, or optimistic, but everybody should at least feel grateful that we get to vote, and if we don’t get our way, we have the chance to try again four years from now.  Our nation may be divided at the moment, but what I want you all to know is that everything will be alright because I believe in our country enough that everything will be set straight no matter who our president is.  Don't fight hate with hate.  Fight it with love and peace.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Katniss said:

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." I think that quote isn't any more true than it is right now. I've read about hate crimes spiking after Trump's election,  and that is alarming, but we must stay strong. If we're afraid, we're just giving those who are bigoted what they want. And yesterday, I was afraid. On Tuesday, I was afraid. But we must try to stay positive and stay strong. Don't stop speaking your mind or fighting for what you believe in. It won't be easy but we will make it through these next four years. 

My mom, the most anti-Trump person in the world, told me that Tuesday night, one thing will not change: Your close ones will not stop loving you. Which is 100% true.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and say i'm pleasantly surprised with the outcome of the election. One thing is clear to me: his victory, despite what good or bad may or may not come from his presidency, is the ultimate middle finger to the establishment that's been controlling the media and pulling the strings to ensure that a war-mongering, minority-pandering, corporate bought-and-paid-for-by-whoever-will-throw-money-at-me wolf in sheep's (or should I say neocon in progressive democrat's?) clothing candidate took office and continued the tradition of gradually gentrifying society (ESPECIALLY by convincing the majority of the left and a good chunk of the right that Trump is "racist/sexist/homophobic" when those claims can easily be debunked, okay maybe not the sexism one but that's not the primary issue here) and brainwashing the people with propaganda and blatant lies (spewing shit "The KKK supports Trump, THIS MUST MEAN HE'S OKAY WITH WHITE SUPREMACY!!1" when he made zero comment on the issue while conveniently ignoring a picture of Hillary receiving a kiss from Robert Byrd, ex-KKK leader who never quite fully dropped those views) until we ultimately have no say in who runs this country. Between throwing Sanders under the bus and buying him out, having the entire media blackout on the mounting evidence (not even evidence, PROOF) that Clinton and her campaign engaged in highly illegal and unethical practices in regards to just about everything to zero in on whatever dirty word or mean thing Trump said over a decade ago, or to focus on unsubstantiated claims against him and his sexually inappropriate behavior (at least one of his accusers has been tied back to the good ol Clinton campaign, and another was later found it to be a carefully crafted hoax by a former Jerry Springer producer). When CNN tells you not to read Wikileaks on your own and only listen to the excerpts they're willing to read to you (yes, that did happen), it shouldn't be hard to sense that something is very, very wrong with the current state of news journalism (which is how a lot of less tech-savvy people keep track of what's going on around them). Their key mistake was underestimating the public's gullibility. Americans, regardless of who they support, are sick and tired of getting used, abused and lied to abused to further agendas of people that have absolutely nothing to offer them in return. The left establishment could've easily had a monumental victory had they just let Bernie win (even if he was just put in there to garner support for Clinton), but they went ahead, screwed him over, and handed their nomination over to the least appealing candidate they could've possibly chosen. When you do something like this to a politician like Bernie, someone with an unprecedented successful grassroots campaign backed entirely by regular, everyday Americans, that's bound to strike a nerve. What they didn't count on was a good chunk of Bernie supporters hopping on the Trump Train, given that they share similar anti-establishment, "sick of this bullshit" rhetoric (obviously Bernie and Trump are worlds apart, but considering his massive popularity outside of people who don't follow politics it's not surprising), or just picking a third party candidate instead. And y'know what, as both a Bernout and Johnsonhead, I like Trump quite a bit. We don't see eye to eye on everything (and he spews a lot of inane, mind-bogglingly ridiculous shit), and there's a lot of major issues I disagree with him on (primarily abortion and climate change), but, at the end of the day, he shines light on a lot of ugly truths (in regards to everything from Islamic terror to our unsuccessful interventionist/globalist policies to the massive conundrum of illegal immigration), as brash and un-PC as he may come across when doing so. And that's what we need for a better future. He doesn't put minority groups on pedestals. He doesn't care who you love. He is someone who sees everyone in this country (legally anyway, kek) as an AMERICAN. And as Americans, we have set aside our differences, pulled together and severed the last leg of the powers that be. The establishment is scared shitless, and at a complete loss. Regardless of how these next 4 years play out (I can see it going either way, honestly), the paradigm shift is un-fucking-mistakable. Donald, I might not back you 100 percent (and your VP is a fucking blowhard), but you go drain those goddamn swamps. You earned it against all odds, buddy.

PS. I can't believe i'm defending President Donald Trump in 2016...what a strange fucking year this has been.

PSS. I didn't know where to fit it, but, even if you hate Trump with all your heart, Clinton's devastating loss will surely pave way for candidates like Bernie to have a much more reasonable shot in the future (had Clinton won she absolutely would have served two terms), now that the DNC and related parties are aware that the people realize they got dicked over hard. Hell, if he decides to run in 2020 on the same grassroots platform, I don't doubt he could easily pull off a victory, even if he ran as independent. Hopefully everyone won't forget the great shitshow that was 2016 by then.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Clappy said:

I definitely believe the people have a right to be angry and if anything I said yesterday in the chat is said otherwise, let it be known that it's not at all what I meant.

What I meant by any of that is that I'm proud to live in a we get to pick who’s going to ruin our country, and it’s up to us to decide.  I get that not everyone will always feel the same about the results whether we are happy, angry, pessimistic, or optimistic, but everybody should at least feel grateful that we get to vote, and if we don’t get our way, we have the chance to try again four years from now.  Our nation may be divided at the moment, but what I want you all to know is that everything will be alright because I believe in our country enough that everything will be set straight no matter who our president is.  Don't fight hate with hate.  Fight it with love and peace.

Honestly, it isn't as easy to be optimistic when you or someone you love is in danger of being deported, and even if nothing happens to them, the message that America, once proud to be a nation of immigrants, just sent to its immigrant communities with the election of a man who has done nothing but insult them for a year and a half will be felt for much more than one or two terms. As someone whose parents grew up in the segregated South and whose grandparents lived across the street from the Ku Klux Klan (in Pennsylvania, no less!), I know what it's like to feel like you aren't accepted in your own country, and that's how many of these people, some of whom were raised here and have never known any other country, likely feels right now. I'm sure I'll turn out fine after a Trump presidency. I'm sure you'll turn out fine. But if Trump acts on even the simplest of his campaign promises, there are lots of people who won't turn out fine.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JCM said:

Honestly, it isn't as easy to be optimistic when you or someone you love is in danger of being deported, and even if nothing happens to them, the message that America, once proud to be a nation of immigrants, just sent to its immigrant communities with the election of a man who has done nothing but insult them for a year and a half will be felt for much more than one or two terms. As someone whose parents grew up in the segregated South and whose grandparents lived across the street from the Ku Klux Klan (in Pennsylvania, no less!), I know what it's like to feel like you aren't accepted in your own country, and that's how many of these people, some of whom were raised here and have never known any other country, likely feels right now. I'm sure I'll turn out fine after a Trump presidency. I'm sure you'll turn out fine. But if Trump acts on even the simplest of his campaign promises, there are lots of people who won't turn out fine.

Not to mention that his VP Mike Pence supports conversion therapy (for those who don't know, it's a series of treatments that's designed to try and turn gay/lesbian/bisexual/etc people straight), voted down the idea of equal pay for women, tried to shut down Planned Parenthood in Indiana as well as defund it...he honestly sounds even worse than Trump. :/  Thank goodness for checks and balances though...

2 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Not to mention that his VP Mike Pence supports conversion therapy (for those who don't know, it's a series of treatments that's designed to try and turn gay/lesbian/bisexual/etc people straight), voted down the idea of equal pay for women, tried to shut down Planned Parenthood in Indiana as well as defund it...he honestly sounds even worse than Trump. :/  Thank goodness for checks and balances though...

I assume you've heard that a theory is circulating right now that Trump is aware that Pence is a lot worse in terms of human rights and he did this intentionally to stop anyone from pushing Trump away (possibly via assassination), because if they did, then fucking Pence would be oval office. Yeah, no. No no no. I'd rather live under the grip of 5 Trumps if it means not being under the grip of Pence, absolutely no doubt about it. Like you said, checks and balances will HOPEFULLY keep Pence away from setting back human rights by at least half a decade.

17 minutes ago, JCM said:

This is such a scary thing for me to talk about, since I think I made it clear to people that my parents are immigrants, and they're not the kind who are very well-off. My dad works a shitty manual labor job with night shifts (althought it does make somewhat decent money), my mom's a traditional housewife, and about half of my family (most of us live in the same town) lives in really shitty slums, and I know that a certain uncle of mine's kids are almost all in contact with hard drugs. And while I have kinda been a devil's advocate when it comes to immigration, the obvious fact of the matter is that I do sympathize with immigrants. Mexico is not an amazing place to live in, I doubt that anyone's gonna dispute that, so it only makes sense that people are gonna come to the U.S. illegally.

Now, I honestly do wish that more immigrants were aware that legal immigration is possible (even if tedious), but a lot of them are desperate, and they need better lives. Now, they may not be able to do great, and a lot of them won't be that successful, and that's obviously disheartening. Of course, you can't let them off scot-free, and they should be at least a little bit punished, but deporation? No fucking way. Like, maybe with places like Syria where it could be much more harmful, but I have high doubts that Mexican immigrants are wreaking some kind of havoc in the south. It's more important to educate the immigrants so they can fit well in America's societal standards rather than to just throw them back into the shithole they tried to escape.

That's just my point of view though, I'm sure there are some things inaccurate in what I said.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Homie❤ said:

Not convinced that Trump being a 'fuck you to the establishment' is worth the amount of hate crimes happening due to his election. It's going to be a long four years.

Sad thing is I think that this is a culture that has been brewing in America, well, since forever, but especially since Obama's terms in office. And during this election, I feel like Trump's rhetoric and demeanour gave the loudest and meanest of the bunch the freedom to feel like they could now say and do whatever they wanted. So much so that i'm not sure a Clinton win would have even stopped them; if anything, it may have made matters worse by having these people retaliate in anger, taking it out on the most vulnerable communities like they already are.

I've been thinking about this ever since the election was won and I believe that Trump has a huge responsibility to do something about these constant hate crimes. It's hard to say if this situation in particular would have been better if Hillary had been elected President, but certainly something has to be done. Y'all can't sustain four years of this shit.

• Like 5