• Advertisement

Shit (aka the Politics thread)

Ron

12 minutes ago, Wumbo said:

Sad thing is I think that this is a culture that has been brewing in America, well, since forever, but especially since Obama's terms in office. And during this election, I feel like Trump's rhetoric and demeanour gave the loudest and meanest of the bunch the freedom to feel like they could now say and do whatever they wanted. So much so that i'm not sure a Clinton win would have even stopped them; if anything, it may have made matters worse by having these people retaliate in anger, taking it out on the most vulnerable communities like they already are.

I've been thinking about this ever since the election was won and I believe that Trump has a huge responsibility to do something about these constant hate crimes. It's hard to say if this situation in particular would have been better if Hillary had been elected President, but certainly something has to be done. Y'all can't sustain four years of this shit.

Absolutely agreed that a Clinton win wouldn't have made things any better. The existence of Donald Trump as a presidential candidate gave these people a voice in the first place. Regardless of who won, this racism would've been perpetuated. However, because he won, this racism is going to become normalized, and that's what I find truly horrifying. 

• Like 1

Ok so let's talk about conspiracy theories kids 

As we all know Donald's campaign is the stuff of propagandist, misogynistic, racist legend, with him spewing bullshit and appealing to the lowest common denominator as well as the common working man and... other groups, and it was pretty damn successful! His blatant talks of things like the wall, the deportation of Muslims, the repeal of Obamacare, and statements like "if I were president, Hillary would be in jail!" got people buzzing about how non-PC he was! Wow! Such confidence! Such bravado! And then with his racist and sexist remarks and the choosing of a man who believes in fucking GAY CONVERSION THERAPY as his VP, he got the scum of America's underbelly to vote for him too!

So it may come as a surprise (but it actually shouldn't) that following his election, our old man Donald has taken a much more moderate stance on all of the bullshit he spewed during his campaign. Since being elected, Donald has stated that he likes parts of Obamacare, absolutely ignored a question about jailing Hillary (fuckin duh), stated that he doesn't care about transgender bathrooms (in a positive sense)  and backed off of his other shit like reinstating water boarding. 

Now, this happens with a lot of presidents, backing off of things they promised in the campaign, but it's often because they turn out to not be possible - Obama got the gas face in his first term trying to change things and once the Democrats lost control of the House and Senate whatever he could do was limited. However, most presidents still try to do what they promised. Donald has almost immediately said "ehhh" and I think that's very telling. A lot of people give into the narrative that he's just an orange idiot, but imagine if he knew exactly what he was doing?

*this is a picture of Hillary Bill Donald's wife and Donald laughing together but SBC wants to be a PIECE OF SHIT and it won't post* 

I've never understood this picture. It was taken right before Donald announced he was running for president. Conspiracy??? YOU BE THE JUDGE!

There's a legitimate interview out there where Donald claims to identify more as a Democrat than a Republican, and another where he claims to be pro-choice, obviously in contrast to Republican ideals. He's always held some very progressive ideals, and honestly trended more Democratic on some issues than Hillary did.  

as much as I dislike the Donald, and although he has done some truly stupid and repugnant shit, I don't think he's a total idiot. He's a celebrity. He knows how to play people. I think this dude is still a huge piece of especially smelly poop, but imagine if he just finessed every Republican that voted for him and went and turned into a respectful moderate on everybody - a year long episode of Punk'd, if you will - and is about to switch up on all the hateful bull he's been spitting for the past year and hand a middle finger to all the people that voted for him?

if this turns out to be true, this might turn from "FUCK Donald Trump" to "I fuck with Donald Trump" eventually. An absolutely terrible way to do things but impressive nonetheless.  

This has been Nugget Conspiracy Theories, tune back in at 9 for our newest segment, "Can Jet Fuel Really Melt Steel Beams?"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

Ok so let's talk about conspiracy theories kids 

As we all know Donald's campaign is the stuff of propagandist, misogynistic, racist legend, with him spewing bullshit and appealing to the lowest common denominator as well as the common working man and... other groups, and it was pretty damn successful! His blatant talks of things like the wall, the deportation of Muslims, the repeal of Obamacare, and statements like "if I were president, Hillary would be in jail!" got people buzzing about how non-PC he was! Wow! Such confidence! Such bravado! And then with his racist and sexist remarks and the choosing of a man who believes in fucking GAY CONVERSION THERAPY as his VP, he got the scum of America's underbelly to vote for him too!

So it may come as a surprise (but it actually shouldn't) that following his election, our old man Donald has taken a much more moderate stance on all of the bullshit he spewed during his campaign. Since being elected, Donald has stated that he likes parts of Obamacare, absolutely ignored a question about jailing Hillary (fuckin duh), stated that he doesn't care about transgender bathrooms (in a positive sense)  and backed off of his other shit like reinstating water boarding. 

Now, this happens with a lot of presidents, backing off of things they promised in the campaign, but it's often because they turn out to not be possible - Obama got the gas face in his first term trying to change things and once the Democrats lost control of the House and Senate whatever he could do was limited. However, most presidents still try to do what they promised. Donald has almost immediately said "ehhh" and I think that's very telling. A lot of people give into the narrative that he's just an orange idiot, but imagine if he knew exactly what he was doing?

*this is a picture of Hillary Bill Donald's wife and Donald laughing together but SBC wants to be a PIECE OF SHIT and it won't post* 

I've never understood this picture. It was taken right before Donald announced he was running for president. Conspiracy??? YOU BE THE JUDGE!

There's a legitimate interview out there where Donald claims to identify more as a Democrat than a Republican, and another where he claims to be pro-choice, obviously in contrast to Republican ideals. He's always held some very progressive ideals, and honestly trended more Democratic on some issues than Hillary did.  

as much as I dislike the Donald, and although he has done some truly stupid and repugnant shit, I don't think he's a total idiot. He's a celebrity. He knows how to play people. I think this dude is still a huge piece of especially smelly poop, but imagine if he just finessed every Republican that voted for him and went and turned into a respectful moderate on everybody - a year long episode of Punk'd, if you will - and is about to switch up on all the hateful bull he's been spitting for the past year and hand a middle finger to all the people that voted for him?

if this turns out to be true, this might turn from "FUCK Donald Trump" to "I fuck with Donald Trump" eventually. An absolutely terrible way to do things but impressive nonetheless.  

This has been Nugget Conspiracy Theories, tune back in at 9 for our newest segment, "Can Jet Fuel Really Melt Steel Beams?"

CxBSN5fXUAAylpN.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

Holy crap, that actually makes sense.

Idk though, seems to me like most people saw Trump's moderacy as something along the lines of this (offensive language and such):

Spoiler

"I was only pretending to be retarded!"

19 hours ago, Homie❤ said:

CxBSN5fXUAAylpN.jpg

This is one of few situations where a Hitler comparison is absolutely appropriate. When somebody in a position of power advocates religious tests (banning Muslims from entering the country) and war crimes (going after terrorist's families), that isn't something we can just ignore. Even famously progressive FDR rounded up Japanese Americans and threw them into camps. If Trump ever wanted to do something similar, he wouldn't even need Congressional approval. He could sign a simple executive order and be done with it. He talks the talk about economy and jobs right now, but if the economy takes a downturn and his approval ratings start to plummet from what will already be a pretty low point, I wouldn't put it past him to start aggressively targeting minorities to appeal to his base. This is the danger that is inherent in electing a demagogue, and there are plenty of examples in history and around the world of how bad it can truly get.

1 hour ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Hey, I feel the same way guys. Stop hating on Trump because it's "cool" or "relevant". It only makes you look stupid.

accusing people of only holding certain opinions to look trendy without asking their reasoning only makes you look stupid, no? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Hey, I feel the same way guys. Stop hating on Trump because it's "cool" or "relevant". It only makes you look stupid.

...Who on this website is hating Trump to look "cool or relevant"? We dislike him mainly because we don't agree with his policies.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

I don't see why people are up in arms. He's an excellent businessman, for one.

Well I do.

-He signed a bill to defund Planned Parenthood. Even if you're against abortion, that place was still a good place for girls to get stuff like birth control.

-Got rid of Obama's protective allowing transgender youth to have the right to use the school bathroom of their preferred gender.

-The immigration ban.

-Now he's going to get rid of Meals on Wheels, a program that provided free meals to the elderly and poor.

-He's also proposing getting rid of the National Endowment for the Arts. Maybe he and his administration thinks it's "wasteful" but the arts are important. Just read this article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/519774/

Not trying to attack the fact that you like him. I'm just curious what you think he's done well as president so far besides "be a good businessman." 

• Like 6

Not to mention he's proven himself to easily be the biggest, most petulant crybaby of any president we've ever had. Take three random Tweets out of his Twitter account since holding office to prove my point. He conducts himself in a manner that not only does not befit president, but makes him and risks your entire country to be seen as a big, fat joke. He's alienated allies, started Twitter wars with fucking Snoop Dogg who hasn't been political in years, thinks good debate is putting so-called defining adjectives like "failing" in front of business models he doesn't like and don't like him, he actively tries to discredit the media he doesn't like which is scary and the actions of a dictator, and he thinks that a good use of his platform as president is to trash Saturday Night Live, Arnold Schwarzenegger, or whatever the flavour-of-the-week distraction is.

So kindly get outta my face with this "he's a good businessman" nonsense (which is also malarkey, you don't call someone who gets delivered diamonds and pearls a "good miner"). He's a Cheeto-faced, small-fingered, international embarrassment, and being a "good businessman" doesn't mean you know jack about how to run a country. I can see why he would have gotten support initially in his run, but it's time to really look at what he's doing. This isn't even a "Rep vs Dem" thing, this is putting someone who's clearly unqualified and frankly, kinda demented, into office and just sitting back and watching the dumpster fire unfold. Like whoever you want, just don't shit in my hand and tell me it's a brownie.

(okay so maybe now i'm hating)

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Katniss said:

Well I do.

-He signed a bill to defund Planned Parenthood. Even if you're against abortion, that place was still a good place for girls to get stuff like birth control.

-Got rid of Obama's protective allowing transgender youth to have the right to use the school bathroom of their preferred gender.

-The immigration ban.

-Now he's going to get rid of Meals on Wheels, a program that provided free meals to the elderly and poor.

-He's also proposing getting rid of the National Endowment for the Arts. Maybe he and his administration thinks it's "wasteful" but the arts are important. Just read this article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/519774/

-While I am against abortion (unless you have a good, understandable and justifiable reason for doing so), there are a lot more things going on with Planned Parenthood than people realize. 

-Again, I am all for LGBT rights, and as much as people like to deny this, so is Trump. He wants to get rid of the bill simply because the federal government shouldn't have a say in this; the states should. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/22/trump-administration-working-on-new-transgender-bathroom-directive.html

-The immigration ban is not targeting all Muslims: it is targeting the countries which are known to be United States enemies in the War on Terror. 

-As for the Meals on Wheels thing and it "not showing results"...I'm not sure about this. I'll look deeper into it, and tell you if I can find a solution.

-Same with the above issue; as much as I'd like to protect my borders, why not divide half of what they're planning to spend on the wall with funding the NEA?