• Advertisement

Shit (aka the Politics thread)

Ron

I don't think we have an official thread for this, so here we go. Here's a quick list of every major candidate that is running (keep in mind there are many more than this lol). I also included the Green and Libertarian Parties - they are the only non-Dem/Repub. parties that are active in enough states to where they could reach the necessary 270 electoral votes to win the presidency. 

Republican Party (Conservative)

Jeb Bush (Former Gov. of Florida) 

Ben Carson (Neurosurgeon)

Carly Fiorina (Businesswoman)

Donald Trump (Businessman) 

Rand Paul (Senator from Kentucky) 

Chris Christie (Governor of New Jersey)

John Kasich (Governor of Ohio)

Ted Cruz (Senator from Texas)

Marco Rubio (Senator from Florida) 

Lindsey Graham (Senator from South Carolina) 

George Pataki (former Gov. of New York)

Rick Santorum (former Pennsylvania Sen.) 

Jim Gilmore (former Gov. of Virginia) 

Democratic Party (Liberal) 

Bernie Sanders (Senator from Vermont) 

Hillary Clinton (Former Secretary of State) 

Jim Webb (Former Senator from Virginia)

Martin O'Malley (Former Gov. of Maryland)

Lincoln Chaffee (Former Gov. of Rhode Island) 

Green Party (Left-wing environmentalist) 

Jill Stein (Physician) 

Libertarian Party (Right-wing fiscally, laissez-faire)

Robert Steele (Virginian activist) 

Who are you rooting for? 

Edited by jjsthekid

If she ever had a chance, Jill Stein FTW but that's me being an idealist. 

If it was Clinton vs. Trump, I'd have go with Trump.

If it was Sanders vs Trump, I'd be more likely to go with the former.

It would really all depend on how things go.

Edited by Sailor Man

Don't really care for any of them except maybe Rand Paul, Carly Fiorina, and Jim Webb. However, if it came down to Trump or Cruz vs. Sanders, I would definitely vote for Sanders.

Edited by Lord Dominator

In no situation would I ever cast a vote for Trump. Ben Carson doesn't look that great either. Don't know that  much about the other Republican candidates but I'm sure I'd clash with their more conservative stances on certain issues.

• Like 1

Bumping because of the results of Super Tuesday.

Those of you who have talked politics with me in the past know that I am as neutral as they come and don't identify with a political party.  I have voted both liberal and conservative in previous elections because I am always open to listening where both sides come from on issues and stances on topics.  Which I'm proud of because I come from a very conservative household.

That being said, I absolutely loathe the results of Super Tuesday and the fact that right now, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are in the lead to winning their respective party's ballot for presidency.  I've never been a fan of Hillary Clinton.  She's rubbed me the wrong way on so many of her stances since the early-mid 2000s when she went on a tirade about how video game violence leads to an increase in violence in today's youth.  That pissed me off way more than it had any right too and when she wanted a ban on M rated games like Grand Theft Auto, that really made me mad.  Her recent comments and news stories haven't changed my opinion on her either.  I would absolutely love a female president someday...just anyone but a woman I have no respect for as a presidential candidate in Hillary.  Hope Bernie wins more states.

As for Trump....do I even need to point out the obvious when it comes to where I stand with him?  The guy is a fucking buffoon who has absolutely zero reason to be taken seriously and it baffles me how brainwashed his following has become that he's actually getting closer and closer to winning the Republican ballot.  I seriously hope Ted Cruz or Marco Rubio gains more momentum because at least they make actual points in their debates  and stances instead of bullying other candidates and saying the same five non elaborated things over and over again like Donald Trump.  Unbelievable that this joke has become a reality.

I hope that the momentum changes in the coming weeks when it comes to this because to me, this presidential election has become a pick your poison nightmare between Clinton and Trump on their way to winning their respective ballots.  The independent parties are becoming a far more realistic option this election season when it comes to my vote.

• Like 3

On March 2, 2016 at 4:38 PM, 70s said:

I got the Drumpf extension for Chrome and forgot about it so this thread has been making me laugh my ass off

Shoot I forgot all about that extension.  I bet this thread has turned into a riot.

#MakeDonaldDrumpfAgain

On 3/2/2016 at 2:48 PM, Clappy said:

Bumping because of the results of Super Tuesday.

Those of you who have talked politics with me in the past know that I am as neutral as they come and don't identify with a political party.  I have voted both liberal and conservative in previous elections because I am always open to listening where both sides come from on issues and stances on topics.  Which I'm proud of because I come from a very conservative household.

That being said, I absolutely loathe the results of Super Tuesday and the fact that right now, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are in the lead to winning their respective party's ballot for presidency.  I've never been a fan of Hillary Clinton.  She's rubbed me the wrong way on so many of her stances since the early-mid 2000s when she went on a tirade about how video game violence leads to an increase in violence in today's youth.  That pissed me off way more than it had any right too and when she wanted a ban on M rated games like Grand Theft Auto, that really made me mad.  Her recent comments and news stories haven't changed my opinion on her either.  I would absolutely love a female president someday...just anyone but a woman I have no respect for as a presidential candidate in Hillary.  Hope Bernie wins more states.

As for Trump....do I even need to point out the obvious when it comes to where I stand with him?  The guy is a fucking buffoon who has absolutely zero reason to be taken seriously and it baffles me how brainwashed his following has become that he's actually getting closer and closer to winning the Republican ballot.  I seriously hope Ted Cruz or Marco Rubio gains more momentum because at least they make actual points in their debates  and stances instead of bullying other candidates and saying the same five non elaborated things over and over again like Donald Trump.  Unbelievable that this joke has become a reality.

I hope that the momentum changes in the coming weeks when it comes to this because to me, this presidential election has become a pick your poison nightmare between Clinton and Trump on their way to winning their respective ballots.  The independent parties are becoming a far more realistic option this election season when it comes to my vote.

What do you think of John Kasich? He seems to be more moderate than Cruz or Rubio, which I like.

I'm sure everyone knows by now that Marco Rubio dropped out. I didn't even realize Kasich was still in the race until recently :P 

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/03/29/susan-sarandon-and-the-berniacs-who-wanna-watch-the-world-burn.html

Sigh. I like Bernie but I can't stand some of his supporters' mentalities. I understand not being a fan of Hillary  (or maybe not even voting at all if she gets the nomination, though I do encourage people who are able to vote to go out and exercise that right) but I can't wrap my mind around a Bernie supporter voting for Trump over her.

Edited by Katniss

Ok I know this is an old topic but to anyone actually seriously considering casting a vote in for Trump could you please describe to me one single positive quality he has that makes you feel this way please and thank you

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

Ok I know this is an old topic but to anyone actually seriously considering casting a vote in for Trump could you please describe to me one single positive quality he has that makes you feel this way please and thank you

lmao on a tangent but I've had three people bash muslims while talking + about trump right in front of me not even knowing I come from a muslim family so I'm unsure if these supporters actually know what they're doing :Laugh: