• Advertisement

Shit (aka the Politics thread)

Ron

19 hours ago, Metal Snake said:

If it comes down to Clinton and Trump...let's just say I've got the South Park song ready. ;)

Not into politics too much but I hope the storyline of the upcoming season will be all about Hillary vs Trump, it'll be tons of fun.

• Like 1

Trump ftw. #MakeAmericaGreatAgain #Trump4Hispanics #BuildDatWall

On 5/2/2016 at 9:43 AM, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

Ok I know this is an old topic but to anyone actually seriously considering casting a vote in for Trump could you please describe to me one single positive quality he has that makes you feel this way please and thank you

He's smart and funny and he has nice hair and is rich. And he's building a wall. Walls are cool. I like walls.l

• Like 1

Bernie Sanders can still win, guys. He only needs to win 70% of every remaining state and flip all of Hillary's superdelegates.

#Bernie2016

7 hours ago, Clappy said:

Can we seriously reboot this election?  Trump vs Hilary is a horrible top two.  You chose wrong America.

I'd prefer to reboot the country and get rid of our trillion dollar debt among other issues as well.

Does anybody wish we had nominations, debates, and the election all in the same month? Dragging this out for a year has done nothing but make us the laughingstock of the world, and we haven't learned anything about Trump or Clinton that we didn't know about them already. We should just vote and get this over with. 

• Like 2

I've come a long way in this election, and let me tell you what I am thinking.

When this election first began, I was Bernie or Bust. Bernie Sanders is the only presidential candidate that has the right mindset that reflects the American public and not Wall Street or personal interests. He is the best candidate for improving and creating a new system that works for everyone.

However, seeing how Bernie is doing in the elections now, I want to say Bernie probably should drop out of the race. It pains me so hard to say that. If Bernie remains in the race, the Democratic vote will be split between him and Hillary Clinton. We need to pick one President, not two. Even if Hillary gets the Democratic nomination in July, if Bernie chooses to stay in the election until the very end (whether running as Independent or asking people to write him in), it is taking votes away.

Bernie Sanders cannot get enough votes to become President if Hillary Clinton is also running. It's just statistically impossible. There are too many Republicans backing Donald Trump in order to justify three candidates. We need to pick one candidate to combat Trump for the Presidential election.

At this point, the Bernie or Bust movement is political suicide. It will guarantee a victory for Donald Trump. The American government needs a wake-up call, and Bernie is the best person to do it, but at this point we don't need to vote for a movement, we need to vote for a President. And I would rather not have Trump become President.

#IGuessImWithHer

5 minutes ago, Face said:

When this election first began, I was Bernie or Bust. Bernie Sanders is the only presidential candidate that has the right mindset that reflects the American public and not Wall Street or personal interests. He is the best candidate for improving and creating a new system that works for everyone.

However, seeing how Bernie is doing in the elections now, I want to say Bernie probably should drop out of the race. It pains me so hard to say that. If Bernie remains in the race, the Democratic vote will be split between him and Hillary Clinton. We need to pick one President, not two. Even if Hillary gets the Democratic nomination in July, if Bernie chooses to stay in the election until the very end (whether running as Independent or asking people to write him in), it is taking votes away.

Bernie Sanders cannot get enough votes to become President if Hillary Clinton is also running. It's just statistically impossible. There are too many Republicans backing Donald Trump in order to justify three candidates. We need to pick one, and, as unfortunate as it is, it will probably be Hillary Clinton for the Democratic nomination.

At this point, the Bernie or Bust movement is political suicide. It will guarantee a victory for Donald Trump. The American government needs a wake-up call, and Bernie is the best person to do it, but at this point, we don't need to vote for a movement, we need to vote for a President. And I would rather not have Trump become President.

#IGuessImWithHer

Yeah. Like I've said, at this point it's basically 'pick your poison'. And if that is a choice between Trump and Hilary... #IGuessImWithHer too.

9 minutes ago, Face said:

Bernie Sanders cannot get enough votes to become President if Hillary Clinton is also running. It's just statistically impossible. There are too many Republicans backing Donald Trump in order to justify three candidates. We need to pick one candidate to combat Trump for the Presidential election.

At this point, the Bernie or Bust movement is political suicide. It will guarantee a victory for Donald Trump. The American government needs a wake-up call, and Bernie is the best person to do it, but at this point we don't need to vote for a movement, we need to vote for a President. And I would rather not have Trump become President.

#IGuessImWithHer

Yeah, there's no way I'm voting for Trump either. As much as I love Bernie, he doesn't really have a chance, so I'll probably end up voting for Hillary in November.

So many people I've talked to are saying that they just aren't going to vote because both candidates are so bad.

That says more about 2016 in politics than it does them, but I've still never understood just not voting. It just seems so stupid.

2 minutes ago, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

So many people I've talked to are saying that they just aren't going to vote because both candidates are so bad.

That says more about 2016 in politics than it does them, but I've still never understood just not voting. It just seems so stupid.

If you don't vote, then you don't have the right to complain. That's how I look at it. :waddles:

If I could vote (and I miss the election by about 6 months), I would vote for Jill Stein of the Green Party. I cannot stomach a Hillary Vote. I *hate* strategic voting, trying to figure out what other people are going to do. Vote your conscience and who you believe would be the best person to lead the U.S. for the next four years. We need to drastically alter the way this country does elections and rid ourselves of the "first-round-the-post" voting system because it makes it virtually impossible for there to be a viable third party candidate, and that detrimentally narrows the number of possible candidates to two – for a country of 320 million people across a vast political spectrum. That's ridiculous.

I definitely think Gary Johnson will get to 15% in the polls (I think he was at like 12% in one poll a few weeks ago?) but I don't think he can beat either Hillary or Donald. Hillary will most likely be the next president, and while I think much of the hate funneled towards her is unwarranted, she isn't the visionary leader we need at the moment. She's a realist (not necessarily a bad thing, but a bit complacent), more of the same, a typical politician of the Washington elite who constantly shifts her views – which, again, is not a bad thing. I think politicians should represent what their constituents want. But she runs on her "record" which is bullshit. Blegh. No thanks. 

• Like 2