• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Best Episodes Ever 2015 Edition!

Wumbo

Yeah, Squid on Strike made my top 25. I can wholeheartedly appreciate how they pulled off something like worker's oppression in such a silly way. Plus, SpongeBob and Squidward's chemistry in episodes like this is always great to watch.

• Like 1

I find Squid on Strike to be very overrated honestly. Don't get me wrong, it's a funny episode and SpongeBob/Squidward chemistry is spot on but I hated Mr. Krabs' character in this episode and the ending was a huge slap in the face. I know it was meant to be a joke but it was freaking depressing.

• Like 1

Only one of these was on my list.

I guess you post movie lovers haven't tarnished this list too badly so far however.

While I still use the term pre-movie and post-movie, I like to think of it as "good SpongeBob" and "bad SpongeBob". While there are plenty of "bad SpongeBob" in the post-movie seasons, there is plenty of "good SpongeBob" there too. Which is why if you take those nostalgia glasses off Hayden, you'll see that the post-movie episodes represented on this list so far are actually good episodes.
  • Like 5

45. "Good morning people! Sorry to have kept you waiting, but even I, strange as it seems, need my beauty sleep."

maxresdefault.jpg

The Two Faces of Squidward, 58 points

(5 of 26 lists. Highest Ranking: #9, SOF)

This episode begins with SpongeBob and Patrick singing at The Krusty Krab. Squidward becomes very annoyed, so he goes to tell them to stop. Just as he reaches the door, Squidward's face is hit by SpongeBob who accidentally slammed the door to his face. After undergoing plastic surgery for two weeks, Squidward suddenly becomes handsome.

At first, everything was going fine, like getting comments from both females and males, signing autographs and getting a ride home in a limousine.

But all that changes when Squidward's fans go crazy and taking his stuff and won't leave him alone. Everything is too much for Squidward so he goes to SpongeBob for help. Squidward wants to become his normal self, so he and SpongeBob races to Krusty Krab with the crowd following them. Mr. Krabs becomes overjoyed to see everyone at the entrance, and begins to name all the prices. While he does that, Squidward tells SpongeBob to slam the door against his face in order to make him normal again. SpongeBob doesn't want to do it, but Squidward threatens to hurt SpongeBob if he doesn't hurt him. So he begins to slam the door against Squidward's face repeatedly, but it only makes Squidward even more handsome. Suddenly, the flying fish's other bowling shoe, falls out of the top, and SpongeBob, who was alarmed by it, pushes Squidward out of the way. SpongeBob's push sends Squidward flying dramatically and causes him to hit a pole, while the shoe just bounces off of SpongeBob's head. The blow from the pole causes Squidward's face to become normal again. The crowd, who is disappointed to see Squidward not handsome anymore, begins to walk away miserably, but Mr. Krabs, who is unhappy to see his beloved customers go away, tries to return Squidward's handsomeness by slamming the door repeatedly against his face.

SOF: This disdainfully made on my list, this episode was like holy crud this is one my top 10 faves eps of all time. i really like seeing Squidward being so handsome. it's so awesome.

Wumbo: When I saw this episode for the first time, I hated it. I thought it was one of the stupidest, most banal, most pointless things the show has ever churned out. And I still think all those criticisms stand. But I'd be lying if I said I haven't grown to appreciate the charms this episode has to offer. This episode takes a ridiculous premise (even though, yeah, Simpsons did it!) and just has fun with it. I think the image of Handsome Squidward gracefully falling more than makes up for the stupidity this episode offers, and even throughout the episode it feels like the writers are in on the joke of just how dumb this episode is. Still not one of my favourites, as I do find the repetition of the episode unbearable at times, but I have softened towards it for sure.

• Like 8

This episode is incredibly stupid, but it's just too silly to hate. If you're stuck up enough to say that nothing about this episode is enjoyable for you, you need to get yourself checked. Definitely not top-25 worthy, but it would easily make my top 50.

46. Squid on Strike.

This episode is another one that slipped the grasp of my mind. I like the "Squidward & Spongebob vs. Mr. Krabs" dynamic as it seems they frequently get this right. It's so outside of the norm for Spongebob to rebel against the only job he loves because of his " associateship " with Squidward.

Good amount of Laughs here come from that concept. Good episode.

Favorite moment: The scene were Squidward and Spongebob are making signs.

46. Two faces of Squidward.

Another season 5 episode that made my list. This is a pretty good episode that slowly gets better as it goes along until the Italian Opera scene which if not for this wouldn't make the top 50. Luckily for it, that scene is killer and elevates the episode to " a whole nother level ".

P.S.

Also it's kind of funny how a shoe can break the roof of the Krusty Krab but not hurt Spongebob at all. Mr. krabs must have a really cheap roof I guess. Haha

Favorite moment: Squidward falling in slow motion as Italian opera music plays after Spongebob saves him from a harmless shoe.

Squid On Strike:

This one made #23 on my list. It's a great episode with lots of highlights:

"Krusty Krab Funfair"

The Two Faces Of Squidward:

I forgot about this one.

It is incredibly stupid, but so stupid it's hilarious.

Ooh boy. I was almost worried that TFoS wouldn't make the cut, because this episode is epic, and it's outstanding that an episode this far into the series can be this great

Firstly, after an entire season of character derailment, SpongeBob is finally in character. He's annoying as always, but not out of any malicious intent. He even tears up at the thought of directly hurting Squidward. Now this is an appeal of his character that too many of the newer episodes neglect. The episode itself is made up of classic Aaron Springer humor, but unlike his more contemporary outings they aren't overused. And like Band Geeks, it has a moment in the end that pushes it from good to legendary. You all know the one. It clocked in my list at #15, and it shows.

• Like 1

"The Two Faces of Squidward" definitely CRACKED my top 15!!!! I mean, the writers found a JOKE so funny that it NEVER gets old!!!! This episode also shares some similarities with "The Krusty Sponge," showing the dangerous side of famous celebrity, and how it can deterioate the VERY original quality of what made somebody GOOD in the first point! (How ironic, that the writers of season 6 and 7 MOSTLY didn't even pay ATTENTION to THAT moral!!!!) :rolleyes: But my favorite line of that episode will ALWAYS be:

Spongebob: "Squidward, I love you no matter HOW many times we smash your face in!!!!" Squidward: "I almost wish that meant something!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This episode should be a LOT higher, but at LEAST it's in the top 50! :D

44. "This is a burglar alarm? A bucket of water?"

MoyDkkd.jpg?1

Just One Bite, 61 points

(6 of 26 lists. Highest Ranking: #5, Halibut)

Squidward expresses his disgust for Krabby Patties despite never having one, SpongeBob insists that he tries one, claiming that they are so popular that "the only people who don’t like a Krabby Patty have never tasted one". Squidward eventually does and bites only a piece of the patty off. Squidward's opinion of Krabby Patties seem to remain unchanged as he angrily says to SpongeBob that the one he tried was the most "horrible, putrid, poorly prepared, vile, unappetizing, disgusting excuse for a sandwich it has ever been my displeasure to have slither down my throat!" and literally buries the patty.

When a dejected SpongeBob leaves, Squidward desperately digs up the patty and eats the remains when he in fact likes them. He wants to have more but after already stating that he hates Krabby Patties to SpongeBob, Squidward then forces himself to sneak for one without him knowing, as he knows that SpongeBob thinks he hates them, and won't give him anymore. Squidward tries to have another Krabby Patty by stating an "order" to SpongeBob for a Triple Krabby Patty Supreme on a kelp bun, with extra sea pickles and burnt to the crisp. SpongeBob makes it, and also apologize to Squidward (who wasn't paying attention to the Krabby Patty instead) for trying to force him to like a Krabby Patty saying how he realize he wanted to make himself happy and learns not everybody as to like the same thing. After making it, SpongeBob wants to give it to the customer sense he never gets to make that kind of patty much. When realizing he/she left, he eats it (unaware that it was for Squidward himself).

Squidward then notices a half-eaten Krabby Patty on a trash can. Taking this as an opportunity, he munches the garbage and not the patty itself. He spits out the garbage and before he can eat it, SpongeBob sadly burns it, once again ruining his chance to have another Krabby Patty. After having a dream of a giant Krabby Patty as his own wife, a determined Squidward continues to try to eat another patty by coming back to the Krusty Krab in the middle of the night. He then enters the "Patty Vault," where legions of ready-made Krabby Patties are. Before he can finally have another, SpongeBob enters and says to Squidward that he always comes to work at 3 a.m. when he counts the Sesame seeds.

SpongeBob is confused why Squidward is in the Krusty Krab in early hours, why is the Patty Vault open, why is he holding a Krabby Patty behind his back and acting nervous and sweating and looking hungry before realizing that he likes Krabby Patties. Once SpongeBob asks Squidward, Squidward openly states that he indeed likes them before wolfing down the patties in the vault. SpongeBob then warns Squidward not to eat too many of them in there as they all go down to his thighs and, as Squidward sarcastically predicted, causes him to subsequently explode.

Later, a bodyless Squidward is taken to the hospital in an ambulance and a paramedic who is sitting beside him holding his tentacles jokingly says that he remembers having his first Krabby Patty.

Halibut: I'll admit, season 3 isn't exactly the best season to me, but if there's one thing season 3 can pull of right, it's episodes that are just upright funny. If this isn't one of the funniest episodes of the show, then I probably need to get my sense of humor in check. There is rarely ever more than 5 seconds in this episode that lacks in some sort of joke or gag or weird face. It's impossible to be bored with this episode, especially with a strangely exciting plot.

There's no possible way to not enjoy the emotional roller coaster that Squidward suffers himself through because he never tried a Krabby Patty "and never will" (quote marks for obvious reasons). It's almost like his soon-uprising obsession with the Patty is more of a punishment for his previous close-mindedness than anything. I honestly can't think of an episode more filled with interesting elements of the story than this one.

Plus, it's not just the humor that makes this episode one of the all-time best, there's also a surprising amount of emotion, especially in the second half. When you see Squidward go on this total breakdown because he can't get a Krabby Patty for himself, you just feel legitimately sad for him.

Now if I had to choose a favorite moment in this episode (which is already hard enough to choose), it would be the ending. The whole sequence beginning with Squidward scarfing down a crapload of burgers and ending with him basically being told by a medical guy holding a bucket with his BODY in it that he is far from the only person who this has happened to.

So, my verdict overall? Is it my favorite episode ever? No. Is it high up there? YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!

Wumbo: Man, this episode really did go all out with the weird faces, didn't it? Looking back it's actually kind of surprising how many classic SpongeBob faces come from this episode: Squidward's "unsure" face, SpongeBob's "you like Krabby Patties" face, Squidward's "I'm gonna get caught" face, the list goes on. But if this were just an episode about faces, it would be like Face Freeze, which is not one of my favourites. Thankfully, this episode couples an interesting plot with great humour throughout. The buildup of Krabby Patties throughout this episode is just hilarious, I mean you have a scene where everybody pops out of every nook and cranny in the Krusty Krab kitchen just to recite some age-old motto about Krabby Patties. It's so well-known how good they taste.

And this makes Squidward's journey throughout the episode all the more interesting. His refusal to try a Krabby Patty transforming into his desperation to get one without SpongeBob's watchful eye? Comedy gold. This episode didn't make my personal list, but I can definitely see why it made others, and can definitely see why it's here on the countdown.

• Like 6