• Advertisement

The Fairly OddParents

storytime7

I don't really know if Poof is going to be absent all season or is written off, but I know Sparky's voice actor himself confirmed that Sparky is written off (or maybe he's at least completely absent from Season 10.)

While I plan to watch some more of Season 10, because I'm still curious, I'll express my thoughts on Chloe not being a complete Mary Sue after watching one episode where she spends most of her time ending up being a Butt Monkey, and after knowing of one scene from "Girly Squirrely" where she freaks out. If Chloe's a Mary Sue, she's got to be a boring one, but to me, she's an interesting character so far.

Edited by Steel Sponge

I only call her a Mary-Sue because in the first episode, she pretty much had all the qualities of a Mary-Sue, and the show established that fairy godparents are only given to miserable kids, yet Chloe is perfect and everyone loves her, and the only reason she has them is because she does more harm than good in the world.

If she got more fleshed out later on, I haven't seen it since I pretty much stopped watching the show after her introduction. She still seems like a pointless character to me.

I refuse to give this garbage any more viewers so I'm not watching this season but

from what I'm hearing

did they seriously write off characters they spent entire respective seasons introducing us to 

is that really where we are? Have we really ventured that far into Shit Writing Land?

At it's worst SpongeBob was a gross and inconsistent show that seemed like its writers had become lethargic, but this shitshow has just continued to eschew the rules of basic plotting in favor of doing stupid shit with even dumber characters over the past 6 years, and now they can't even be bothered to keep the characters that they wasted time telling us about in the episodes anymore?

the fact that people get paid to do this deeply bothers me. Fuck everything this show has devolved into. All of it.

• Like 8

Just now, Cha said:

I get you can write off a dog, but how the heck can you write off someone's baby

Better yet, how can you write off someone's baby yet keep the baby's evil counterpart?

Edited by NegiSpongie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

I refuse to give this garbage any more viewers so I'm not watching this season but

from what I'm hearing

did they seriously write off characters they spent entire respective seasons introducing us to 

is that really where we are? Have we really ventured that far into Shit Writing Land?

At it's worst SpongeBob was a gross and inconsistent show that seemed like its writers had become lethargic, but this shitshow has just continued to eschew the rules of basic plotting in favor of doing stupid shit with even dumber characters over the past 6 years, and now they can't even be bothered to keep the characters that they wasted time telling us about in the episodes anymore?

the fact that people get paid to do this deeply bothers me. Fuck everything this show has devolved into. All of it.

I guess Mr. Enter was right when he said Spongebob now has more dignity than FOP.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, HelloMisterSpringtime said:

I guess Mr. Enter was right when he said Spongebob now has more dignity than FOP.

Another thing Nuggets and Enter can agree on, what is happening to our world.

• Like 1

If Foop's still here, then I don't see how Poof could possibly be absent from all of Season 10, and I can't say that Poof is apparently written out without any sort of confirmation.

This is only my suggestion, but what the show needs to do is just....get back to their roots and make some consistencies that would never become inconsistent (or restore those consistencies that they used to have). Like, bring back Da Rules, give us more Chester, AJ, Francis, Trixie, etc. But I dunno, it's a bad thing when the show has no real direction anymore. The writers just do whatever they want without worrying about making things inconsistent. A part of me feels this show needs to stop sooner or later, but another part of me wants to see some kind of improvement for future of the show. It's better if FOP just ends at its current season, but if it's going to keep being saved for some reason, I can't predict whether or not Season 11 will happen.

Edited by Steel Sponge

Honestly I don't care If the story brings back old characters or gets rid of Chole. It isn't going to change the fact that the show will still have annoying running gags, reharshed plots, modern culture references and so many continuty mistakes. It could be improved If Butch Hartman gets better writers but I don't think he even cares about the show anymore especially considering he's going to have a new show soon. I don't think audience will even give a crap about the show's improvement. I know I won't give a crap. There are way better shows to follow these days and I don't see what's the point of following this show anymore. Like Nuggets said, SpongeBob at worst it was gross and annoying but it still had really wondeful episodes and good characterizations and I bought that the show has actually improved and it doesn't make same old mistakes as much as it used to do. I can name more good season 6-7 SpongeBob episodes than good post-season 6 episodes and that's saying a lot. The show can go on as long as It wants. I don't even want to like this show again. It will always be in my eyes as the laziest animated series ever existed. Early FOP wasn't so amazing but It at least had some interesting ideas, epic storylines and often decent humor but I'm not even sure I even should bother to look at old episodes when new episodes hurt my feelings for the whole show.

I stopped watching FOP regularly after OddBaby, and I've seen maybe one or two episodes post-Wishology. Based on what I've heard, I don't regret that decision.

My assumption is that for years Nick has forced the writers to make the show more relevant for years and nothing is working. Judging by the reactions online, this is probably gonna be the last season of the series.

I don't know what else they can do. They've run out of all the stock scrappy characters to shoe horn in. Maybe they need to just go back to their roots or go home.

2 minutes ago, NegiSpongie said:

I think they should get rid of the Fairly Oddparents and bring back Danny Phantom.

On 12/5/2012 at 11:56 AM, Old Man Jenkins said:

They should keep this show in the grave (where it belongs, from what I'm hearing) and use all this time and effort to bring back Danny Phantom.

People have been saying that for a long time. It's not going to happen. FOP will only end when Nickelodeon actually starts losing money trying to keep it on the air. Danny Phantom had a definite ending. The only way I could see it ever being brought back is in the form of a reboot if some kind of market opened up for it.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:07 PM, Metal Snake said:

People have been saying that for a long time. It's not going to happen. FOP will only end when Nickelodeon actually starts losing money trying to keep it on the air. Danny Phantom had a definite ending. The only way I could see it ever being brought back is in the form of a reboot if some kind of market opened up for it.

Danny Phantom could continue if Nickelodeon allowed it. Even though it had a finale, there were still a lot of storylines that didn't get completed due to it being forced to end. While FOP is just running on whatever ideas they can come up with, Danny Phantom has open ideas they can go off of and can probably be enjoyable.

1 minute ago, NegiSpongie said:

Danny Phantom could continue if Nickelodeon allowed it. Even though it had a finale, there were still a lot of storylines that didn't get completed due to it being forced to end. While FOP is just running on whatever ideas they can come up with, Danny Phantom has open ideas they can go off of and can probably be enjoyable.

Honestly as much as I'd like to see a few more episodes, it's best to stay that way. Butch would prob just make current FOP writers to write episodes for Danny Phantom and that wouldn't be so good. Plus Nick would treat it badly and force it to add fart jokes or modern jokes into it. It's best for DP to stay that way, rather than rotting like FOP.

When we want a reboot, we need to ask ourselves this: how would anybody top or perfectly channel the original Danny Phantom with another Danny Phantom? DP is a beloved show and I can see why some people would want more from Danny Phantom (as well as Invader Zim, Avatar, and any 90s Nicktoon), but the final result would still vary. A return for DP would be nice, I'll admit, but I can't say I would want it yet, mostly because that there would be a possibility that the current team of writers from Butch won't be able to give the newer DP as much justice and charm compared to the original, as well as the possibility of Nickelodeon's executive decisions making things look bad. These are just my two cents.

I'm going back on topic with FOP right now. While the later episodes are still going to reviled, I'm going to keep being optimistic about the show. I'm going to watch for any future Season 10 episodes as well, even if I might dislike them.

Edited by Steel Skeet

I've been over FOP for a long time now. I suppose I could watch the season 10 episodes to see how bad things have gotten, especially with the inclusion of Chloe, but I don't feel like investing myself in this show anymore.

lol at them writing off Poof and Sparky though. Guess the well of ideas ran dry regarding those characters. FOP probably acts like they don't exist anymore for all I know.

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 3