• Advertisement

The Fairly OddParents

storytime7

1 hour ago, Rebecca Black said:

GOOD GOD WHY. 

This is the exact strategy CN used with the TTG/PPG special. Guess what? It didn't elevate PPG at all.

Last thing anybody wanted to see crossover. Even if FOP is cancelled it might insert itself into Bunsen. Gross.

This new show hasn't been out for more than a month, and already they are crossing over with FOP? I wonder if this is why the animation style for the show changed. Aww well. Who would be excited for this?

19 hours ago, The Weeknd said:

Honestly, i thought Jimmy Timmy Power Hour ACTUALLY works better than this tbh.

What's weird is that the THIRD "Jimmy/Timmy Power Hour" subtitled, "Revenge of the Jerkinators," was actually SUPPOSED to be the thing that CANCELLED both of those series! "Jimmy Neutron" WISELY stayed cancelled; "The Fairly Oddparents"...well, we KNOW what happened with THEM!!!! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NegiSpongie said:

I really wish Missy would come back as a character. She had good potential as a character and would've been better than Chloe. If you don't know, Missy is from the Season 9 episode "Finding Emo", which is probably the last FOP episode I really enjoyed.

I don't think I'll ever get over the fact there's an actual episode of The Fairly OddParents called "Finding Emo"

• Like 4

Although it's been a few months since I last saw the show, I may as well give my full thoughts on it.

At one point, this was one of the greatest cartoons in the world. It had so many classic and likable characters, was filled with some truly hilarious comedy, and featured some really interesting plots.

This, of course, applies to the first season, the second season, the third season, and, hey, even a majority of the fourth season was pretty good.

Season 5, in my opinion, is when the series began to falter slightly. While not terrible, it lacked much of what made seasons 1, 2, 3, and some of 4 so good. Plus, it also had that awful Wishful Life episode.

Season 6, however, made season 5 look so much better in comparison. The addition of a new character, to me, is what began the series' descent into gradually worse quality. The episodes were also simply not as good.

Season 7 ended up being even worse. Flanderization took hold of several main characters, and many of the ones who weren't held back by this notion were, for no apparent reason, dropped from the show. When was the last time characters like Tootie, Chester, or AJ made an appearance?

Seasons 8-onward are pretty much the same quality wise as season 7, only that every season ends up being worse than the previous one (so far.) Every new character that is added to the series is irritating in some way. Season 10 has given me the impression that the writers are burnt out at this point. The writing, the characters, the comedy, etc. Even the animation feels lazy nowadays. It seems to me that it won't be too long before the show is finally put out of its misery since it receives tepid ratings now.

1 hour ago, HelloMisterSpringtime said:

http://www.fox4now.com/the-morning-blend/tara-strong-from-my-little-pony-joins-us-on-the-blend

Tara Strong was interviewed by Fox 4 and towards the end, she says she's working on "new Fairly OddParents stuff". I hope to God that doesn't mean an 11th season.

terrible terrible terrible

11 minutes ago, SpongeOddFan said:

so "supposedly" last episode of FOP just aired last night on Nicktoons...

You also forgot to mention the ending where all those zany adventures that Timmy had with Chloe turned out to be all a dream in Butch Hartman's head, before we get to see him wake up to think about that crazy dream he had that was FOP Season 10, before then going on to say, "who would actually write that crap?"

Except it didn't happen, but hey, don't we all wish that actually happened to cap off the seasonal rot to end all seasonal rots?

With all seriousness, I've noticed that FOP was going to air its last S10 episode, and while I haven't seen it, I am planning to...

Spoiler

along with every other S10 episode. :tommy:

Anyways, now that the season has aired its final episode, all I can say now is this: goodbye and good riddance.

They've only aired two new seasons since 2011.

Takes between a year to a year and a half for the next season to suddenly spring forth.

I'll act like it's ended for now, but until 2019 rolls around, none of us can be well-rested.

After all this time that I've expressed disdain towards the recent seasons, I can't believe I didn't take the time to talk about how good this series is until now. To reiterate, I love this show no matter how worse it got in the more recent seasons.

I also thought I'd revive this thread since news broke out about Butch Hartman leaving Nickelodeon, which makes it safe to say at this point that FOP is officially done. ...And that sucks because I now have to be reminded that the show didn't end on a good note. Pretty sure everyone else in this room is happy that FOP has finally ended its run, but from my point of view, it deserves a shot at redemption.

Edited by Steel Sponge
  • Like 1