• Advertisement

The Fairly OddParents

storytime7

I'm bumping this topic because of this sad news. NO, the show is not ending.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2243487/fairly-oddparents-new-character/

The show got renewed for tenth season and we are getting a NEW character named Chole, who's going to be Timmy's new neighbor.

WOW, JUST WOW. I thought the show couldn't get lazier. There was a time that even with Poof's addition, the show still had it's creativity. Poof at least had a porpuse and brought some fresh ideas to table, Sparky's existence is just a continuty issue and him being a dog stereotype. It's not getting new ideas, it's crew being so lazy to find new material. Now we are getting probably Mary Sue. Why the show has to suffer more and more? Why adding a character is going to make the show better? People have lost respect for the show after adding Sparky and moved on to other shows, why can't Butch Hartman see this?

Thoughts?

Timmy is gonna have to SHARE Cosmo and Wanda now? With some...NOBODY? I hope this Chloe girl isn't supposed to be Timmy's new girlfriend. I already liked that Missy girl from the "Finding Emo" episode. That was the only episode I liked from the Sparky-era episodes.

But "Co-Godchild Cloe"? WHY?! Fairly World not have enough godparents or something?

• Like 2

Funny, in my cartoon series, "Total Cartoon Global Cruise," I just predicted that for every SINGLE time "The Fairly OddParents" got cancelled and then UNCANCELLED, their show DROPPED in quality! I am SHOCKED by how right on I was with that analysis! Poof, Foop, and Sparky? I can accept as being cannon. But this Chloe person? That's more of a bridge too FAR in my honest opinion! Why can't Butch Hartman JUST let the series DIE already?!

Funny, in my cartoon series, "Total Cartoon Global Cruise," I just predicted that for every SINGLE time "The Fairly OddParents" got cancelled and then UNCANCELLED, their show DROPPED in quality! I am SHOCKED by how right on I was with that analysis! Poof, Foop, and Sparky? I can accept as being cannon. But this Chloe person? That's more of a bridge too FAR in my honest opinion! Why can't Butch Hartman JUST let the series DIE already?!

Nickelodeon needs income besides SpongeBob for pretty much as long as they can until other things get good ratings, heard that Alvin show was actually doing pretty good Nick-wise at least.

I guess it's kinda cool that in the recent years they've been trying to spice up the show with new things, even if they usually turn out not so good. I'm not sure how I feel about this new godchild, but imagine if Remy was the other godchild tho for like one episode. Please don't let her voice be grating...  To be honest too, it feels like they're trying to fill the now empty void of all Timmy's school friends with these new characters. Don't get me wrong characters are fine. It's just when they randomly become main characters or kinda replace the others is where I start to have problems with the show. 

I'm not even frustrated about there being a new character.

I'm frustrated because, needless to say, this show has no reason to still be going.

THANK YOU.

Seriously FOP can add all the unnecessary new characters they want.  The reason this is still airing is what frustrates me more than anything else.

• Like 5

Only thing worse than FOP beating a dead horse are the annoying internet folk who beat it.

At this rate it's a pretty small dot on where Nick is going wrong right now and I imagine s10 ratings can be as decent as their Rabbid/TMNT/Alvin ratings if given proper promotion.

No one is forcing you to be that part of the viewer percentile though.

I think it's come to the point where I'm actually gonna stop watching this series. I caught some of the first and second episode with Chloe and I wasn't impressed at all.

I could go on that Chloe is a blatant Mary-Sue, but what I'm more angry about is that they kicked out Poof, he's nowhere in sight, despite the fact that he's still in the opening. They even got rid of Sparky to make room for Chloe. I don't care about him, but I managed to tolerate him to enjoy some episodes. But I thought Poof should be the only new character, at least he had purpose.

The last straw for me is changing the opening. It's not even clever since it's just them saying "Timmy has to share his fairies, Chloe's gonna do this and that."

Watching this really makes me sad, so I guess it's over for me.

• Like 1

Disagree about Chole being Mary Sue but still she was annoying in the new episode. Besides her, not much to see in the season premiere. Just your typical new FOP episode. Running gags, idiotic jokes and loud characters.

Edited by WhoBob

Didn't even know the new episodes started.  That's how little I care anymore about the constant changes to try and squeeze every last ounce out of it.  It's much easier to whatever's left of the good memories I have of The Fairly Oddparents.

2 minutes ago, Clappy said:

Didn't even know the new episodes started.  That's how little I care anymore about the constant changes to try and squeeze every last ounce out of it.  It's much easier to whatever's left of the good memories I have of The Fairly Oddparents.

Amen pal

I REALLY wish Nickelodeon would pay attention to the constant pleas I make in my "Total Cartoon Global Cruise" series to just STOP trying to drain every LAST bit of magic out of "The Fairly Oddparents," and to JUST cancel it already! :rolleyes: