• Advertisement

The Fairly OddParents

storytime7

I did love Poof when he was introduced and thought he was a good addition. However, I find the fairy dog thing to be a dumb idea. Timmy already has three fairies that give him enough trouble, so what would he need a fairy dog for?

It's the Hanna-Barbera rule for making an animated franchise...I.E.: "Scooby-Doo." 1. Milk a series for a bunch of good, original ideas for about 5-6 years. 2. Make a very mediocre, new batch of episodes with a lot of pointless plots for about two years. 3. Drag the series on a very PAINFUL trip through a briar patch by creating the WORST possible character it possibly can and make him/her a main star for about 8-9 years. 4. Take the franchise back to basics with a sucessful "Kids" type version of the show for about 5 years with absolutely NO appearance of the worst possible character in it! :roll: 5. Make a few successful animated T.V. movies for about 4-6 years, again with absolutely NO appearance of the worst possible character in it! :D 6. Make a mixed review live-action movie that FINALLY gives the worst possible character possibly created his/her comeuppance! :roll: 7. Take the franchise back to basics, AGAIN! 8. Completely reinvent the franchise for a new generation! 9. Repeat steps 1.-9. as often as desired! Where "Fairly OddParents" is right now is step 3., which didn't happen when Poof was created; but rather, his Anti-Fairy counterpart, Foop! Now THAT'S lazy writing! :thumbdown: Enough said! ;)

It's the Hanna-Barbera rule for making an animated franchise...I.E.: "Scooby-Doo." 1. Milk a series for a bunch of good, original ideas for about 5-6 years. 2. Make a very mediocre, new batch of episodes with a lot of pointless plots for about two years. 3. Drag the series on a very PAINFUL trip through a briar patch by creating the WORST possible character it possibly can and make him/her a main star for about 8-9 years. 4. Take the franchise back to basics with a sucessful "Kids" type version of the show for about 5 years with absolutely NO appearance of the worst possible character in it! :roll: 5. Make a few successful animated T.V. movies for about 4-6 years, again with absolutely NO appearance of the worst possible character in it! :D 6. Make a mixed review live-action movie that FINALLY gives the worst possible character possibly created his/her comeuppance! :roll: 7. Take the franchise back to basics, AGAIN! 8. Completely reinvent the franchise for a new generation! 9. Repeat steps 1.-9. as often as desired! Where "Fairly OddParents" is right now is step 3., which didn't happen when Poof was created; but rather, his Anti-Fairy counterpart, Foop! Now THAT'S lazy writing! :thumbdown: Enough said! ;)

Um, no?

Wow, that scene parodying Tom and Jerry in Channel Chasers makes perfect sense now!

Man, what a rollercoaster this show is. Seasons 1, 2, 3 and great. Season 4 is hit or miss. Season 5 and 6 are HORRIBLE. Season 7/8 are also hit or miss, and Season 9 so far is shaping up to be the worst season. While it did suffer some temporal seasonal rot, its episodes are, at the least, watchable nowadays. Now get that trash you call "Spongebob Season 8" away from me, please.

Man, what a rollercoaster this show is. Seasons 1, 2, 3 and great. Season 4 is hit or miss. Season 5 and 6 are HORRIBLE. Season 7/8 are also hit or miss, and Season 9 so far is shaping up to be the worst season. While it did suffer some temporal seasonal rot, its episodes are, at the least, watchable nowadays. Now get that trash you call "Spongebob Season 8" away from me, please.

Shots fired.

• Like 2

I'm bumping this topic because of this sad news. NO, the show is not ending.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2243487/fairly-oddparents-new-character/

The show got renewed for tenth season and we are getting a NEW character named Chole, who's going to be Timmy's new neighbor.

WOW, JUST WOW. I thought the show couldn't get lazier. There was a time that even with Poof's addition, the show still had it's creativity. Poof at least had a porpuse and brought some fresh ideas to table, Sparky's existence is just a continuty issue and him being a dog stereotype. It's not getting new ideas, it's crew being so lazy to find new material. Now we are getting probably Mary Sue. Why the show has to suffer more and more? Why adding a character is going to make the show better? People have lost respect for the show after adding Sparky and moved on to other shows, why can't Butch Hartman see this?

Thoughts?