• Advertisement

The Powerpuff Girls Reboot 2016

Clappy

So the new show is supposed to be a continuation of the original show instead of a reboot, according to this short? That's what I'm getting at least.

I saw the first couple episodes that aired and while it's not bad, it's nothing special. I kinda wish they focused more on the Girls fighting crime and saving the day like they did in the original rather than focusing on slice of life and Girls doing girly things.

Why is there a trailer for an episode not coming until June? This trailer was a shoddy misfire, I don't even care about the new Bubbles coding talent, I'm just not sure why they think the Powerpuff Girls fighting THE AMOEBA BOYS is some big special event. Maybe the announcer voice is the big problem. Not sure how much longer I can defend this series, it really doesn't feel like it is being done by professionals.

Maybe they forgot that the Amoeba Boys are supposed to be Harmless Villains? Though to be fair the ABs did cause one of the biggest threats in the original show (by accident of course). Maybe they're just trying to play up the whole "A recurring villain from the original show is back!" and I also don't get why Bubbles is a coder now, it sounds more like a Blossom thing.

On April 7, 2016 at 11:46 AM, Fred Rechid said:

Wqp3qM6.gif

END ME

Twerking PPGs...aren't they supposed to be in kindergarten? o_O

Also: I read a summary of the unicorn episode and wow was that plot handled badly. But Hal gives a better, more well-said response below :P 

Edited by Katniss

I kept hearing about the controversy about the episode with the pony completely fucked up the concept of transgender people.

I assumed the controversy was just people annoyingly overthinking, but I went and watched the episode, and... yeah, it was baaaaaaaaaaaad. What's amazing is that basically EVERYONE is pissed off at it, and the fact that the PPG crew was stupid enough to shoehorn a politically progressive episode only a few episodes into the series is really sad. There's a difference between Steven Universe getting into the LGBT zone after they've already developed the characters and storyline to the point where they have the right to do it, and then there's this show which just tries WAY too hard by doing something as dumb as this.

It doesn't help that the show was already lame as hell outside of the controversy.

• Like 2

You know what? I'm going to say it. I don't care who disagrees with me, but I'm about to go there.

Teen Titans Go is better than this show.

That's right. The show that people tout as the worst show currently airing on Cartoon Network is better than this reboot. Teen Titans Go wasn't even bad at the start of the show. The only crime it made was having hit or miss episodes. Plus, it didn't really have a lot of hip and trendy references like this reboot did (y'know, besides that one episode where Starfire talks like a teenager does). At least that show kept the original VAs while in this show, they gave the characters new VAs without even telling the old ones. At least TTG didn't do anything like in the GIF and video above. I also agree with what Hal said above. It feels like this show is trying so hard to pander to the Steven Universe fans with progressive story-lines. While Steven Universe makes pretty great attempts at doing that, this reboot does it completely wrong and they all feel so try hard. Just so embarrassing.

To summarize, this reboot may have sugar and spice, but they took away everything nice. Thus, this shitty reboot was born. I can't even pretend to like this show. It's so awful.

• Like 4

On 4/17/2016 at 1:33 PM, Fred Rechid said:

You know what? I'm going to say it. I don't care who disagrees with me, but I'm about to go there.

Teen Titans Go is better than this show.

That's right. The show that people tout as the worst show currently airing on Cartoon Network is better than this reboot. Teen Titans Go wasn't even bad at the start of the show. The only crime it made was having hit or miss episodes. Plus, it didn't really have a lot of hip and trendy references like this reboot did (y'know, besides that one episode where Starfire talks like a teenager does). At least that show kept the original VAs while in this show, they gave the characters new VAs without even telling the old ones. At least TTG didn't do anything like in the GIF and video above. I also agree with what Hal said above. It feels like this show is trying so hard to pander to the Steven Universe fans with progressive story-lines. While Steven Universe makes pretty great attempts at doing that, this reboot does it completely wrong and they all feel so try hard. Just so embarrassing.

To summarize, this reboot may have sugar and spice, but they took away everything nice. Thus, this shitty reboot was born. I can't even pretend to like this show. It's so awful.

Oh yeah, let's not forget that THEY BETRAYED THE ORIGINAL CREATORS, WRITERS AND VOICE ACTORS BY NOT EVEN CONSULTING THEM THAT THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN.

The people involved better learn a lesson from this, and I truly hope that this gets cancelled.

(never mind that bottom thing)

I've only seen the episode with Donny, but judging the reception of this reboot so far, this is looking pretty bad. CN ignoring the original voice actresses for the Powerpuff Girls is one thing, but the show's quality looks to be in the case that the staff have seen the show but have no idea of how the original gets its charm. I'm going to hold my breath and say that this isn't Teen Titans Go levels of bad. It probably would be if the creators can't take an opinion and start making episodes against fans of the original.

Once I watch more of this reboot, I'm definitely going to make a review for it.

Edited by Steel Sponge

I'll take it that nobody wants to Powerpuff yourself?

Haven't bothered to watch a single episode of this reboot but I read about the transgender controversy.  I'm better off staying away from this trainwreck and rewatch Best Rainy Adventure Day Ever.