• Advertisement

Fanfiction News and Announcements

70s

Updates and stuff:

Jjs' Riffing Theater:

The rest of The Killer Krab riffs will be finished in the coming weeks, by sometime in mid-February.

Skodwarde:

New episodes coming soon by Trophy and Nuggets.

Squid:

New episode coming by OMJ this week.

Mystic Guardians:

This Saturday's new chapters are a two-parter, and while some already know, it is going to be a crossover with my old spin-off Storm Racers. It's okay if you haven't read it before, it'll be new user friendly. For those who were fans of it, you will see old faces from it returning. In addition, here are the titles for the last four Season 2 episodes, coming out in February:

Spoiler

49. Darkest Knight (Feb 4th)

50. Magnum Opus (Feb 11th)

51. Broodwing's Con (Feb 18th)

52. Legal Trap (Feb 25th)

• Like 2

SBCinema

Yup, currently in the process of making another one of these bad boys. Here's a sneak peek at what your old man's got cookin'

UB9FUsc.jpg

better watch out for dat tweeeeeest

Community Deathmatch

There's at least one or two more (depends) character promos left before the two part ACSaga Finale can finally commence! I thank any and all for somehow sticking around this long, and hopefully it'll all be worth it in the end.

Squid

Guest wrote the latest episode, "Jellyspotting". Check it out!

Jjs' Riffing Theater

We've been riffing my very own "The Killer Krab" and it's been going swell so far. Check that out too!

Other Stuff

Been brainstorming other things lately that may or may not see the light of day. SpongeBob things, FOP things, SBC things, Arthur things, Rugrats things, Hey Arnold things, Dexter's Lab things, even Mario things. Will any of them get posted? Stay tuned!

• Like 1

Team SpongeBob - (2/5/17)

"Vs."  -  After F.I.N tracks down SpongeBob, Sandy, Aria, and Alex using a Quantum Locator on SpongeBob's super speed, Team Linda travels deep into the Karate Island Forests to detain their rogue friends. As the two factions of superheroes comes head to head for the first time, a battle occurs that will change things forever. 

WHO WILL WIN? Team SpongeBob or Team Linda? Find out in the biggest Spin-Off event of the year!

• Like 2

PARANOIA

After some consideration, I have decided that the first episode/pilot will be "Troubleshoot to Thrill", rather than "Egg and Sausage MacGuffin", as I feel "Troubleshoot" will act as a far more proper pilot, focusing on the Paranoid Six's first mission.

Just letting all the good people know that I am currently on a spin-off writing hiatus....which I'm expecting to come out of in the following month, namely sometime around the week of March 5. (The primary reasons being getting adjusted to my current college semester classes, getting caught up with homework, and looking into my writer's block habit.) I can't say for sure that I will return on that week, but consider it expected. And yeah, I have been on unannounced hiatuses before, but I thought I make this one announced. Anyways, because I do more of this than writing in general, here are some updates and announcements:

Oracle of the Cosmos:

I've been thinking about some things for awhile, and I decided that it won't be as "big" as I intended for it to be. What this means is that the main storyline of this project will be rebranded: there will be fewer crossovers and they will play a less than significant role. The whole OC team-up will also not play a major role and will be turned over for separate storylines on just about each of my main OCs in the story, but they will still be connected to the storyline regardless of this change. Some things will be retconned, of course, but I'll have to look into this project to insure what other things will not be a part of the spin-off.

Red Flag Hero: Rebirth of a Storm:

When I come back to writing for my spin-offs, publishing the first ep for this is the first thing I'm planning to do. While I should be writing this up for March, this is also my last proposed spin-off project, with an explanation to come later.

Rift and Drift:

I've said so many times that I've been meaning to continue this project, and I will, but I'll let you guys know when I'm getting close to writing up at least half of the third part.

Jjs' Riffing Theater 3000:

I have a big announcement. There's no easy way to say this, so here we go.

I've given it a lot of thought...and I've decided that Riffing Theater will be ending sometime this year. Yes, for real. After The Killer Krab is finished, there will be four riffing projects left for Riffing Theater, bringing the total to 32. I know some people will be upset by this, but I've been considering this for a while now. It's been fun to do, but I think sooner or later, the theater had to come to a close. The reason being is we've pretty much riffed everything that everyone felt should be riffed by now, and I feel trying to keep going forever will have us riff extraneous things. I have looked around in the old tv.com Spin-Off topic, along in Davy Jones' Locker, and there's really not much left worth riffing, in my opinion. As it is, I think we've been stretching for some content anyways. I also don't want our riffs to decline in quality like Nostalgia Critic, so I think it's for the best. Plus, we have over 200 pieces of content riffed as it is, which I think has been a good run.

But what are the final four riffing projects, you may be wondering? I have some ideas for the first three, but the final riffing project will definitely be something I need to think about for a while. I promise though I will make it one of the best riffs ever to end JRT on. I want us to riff things that are going to be fun rides for the final four projects. Don't be sad, because even though it is coming to an end, there's still going to be a ton of content for people to view for years to come, if people are ever interested in looking back on our riffs. 

I know some people might be about to say "But wait, some riffable new projects could come in the future!" That's the thing though, I feel like we don't have to riff every single bad one-off spin-off. Riffing Theater was just kind of supposed to be a thing to show what hasn't aged, people's personal shames, or truly infamous works, not to riff every single work. I know there very well could be some minor ones we missed along the way by the time it's over, and while I'm sure some of those might have a few riffable things, my goal was to never riff all of them. The reason being I don't think something has to be riffed in JRT to be officially declared "good or bad" by the community. I think Riffing Theater has helped shape some people's writing skills (maybe), or had us look at our flaws we missed from the past (I certainly did with SBCPU). With those things in mind, I think people can judge on their own on those certain works. And hey, I can't stop you from doing mini-riffs of your own for those ones we missed if you get bored. 

So yeah, it saddens me too it's ending, but it's for the best. I promise that the final project will be a fitting way to end JRT when the time comes.

Skodwarde:

A new episode is up by Nuggets, and another new one will come this Friday by me.

Squid:

A pair of episodes will be up today by SOF. If you are still interested in guest writing, let me know, spots are available.

Mystic Guardians:

The Season 2 finale is coming this Saturday, and it's going to be big. I don't want to say anything else on it yet though. After that, MG will go on another break. I am not sure when it will return after that, but it will be sometime in the spring.

Edited by Pat Monahan
  • Like 5

Sorry for the delay, but my latest "Total Cartoon Global Cruise," episode; "Performance Review: 100th Episode Spectacular" is FINALLY finished and ready for reading! Also, here's a SNEAK peak at the next seven episode titles for "Total Cartoon Global Cruise," to whet your appetites, for those who want to know! /

101. "Shadows of the Night*." The remaining contestants travel to Germany, where they are divided into two different factions; The Liberation, and The Nazis, and they do aerial battles against each other. Another contestant is eliminated at the end of the challenge. *When the episode airs in Germany, the location is changed to Argentina, with the factions being labeled as The Liberators and The Resistance, and all Nazi images and references are removed from the broadcast.

102. "I Will Not Go Quietly!" The Top Ten travel to Canada, where they wind up in a lumberjack challenge against each other. Bulma and Zarbon are DETERMINED to get a well-liked contestant out, through ANY means necessary; but his popularity with everyone will not make it easy for them to do so. Another contestant is eliminated at the end of the challenge.

103. "Norway Out!" The remaining contestants travel to Norway where they must engage in an aquatic based battle with each other. Another contestant is eliminated at the end of the challenge.

104. "Come Undone!" The Final Eight travel to Egypt, where the remaining contestants are subjected to the Crypt of their WORST nightmares; but Zarbon's nightmare proves to be a little TOO real, when Bulma FINALLY reveals her true intentions to him, and crushes MORE than just his pride and spirit! Another contestant is eliminated at the end of the challenge.

105. "Survival of the Fittest!" The Final Seven travel to the Galapagos islands, where they must do an Evolution themed scavenger hunt, for a very VALUABLE reward at the end of a very CHALLENGING reward challenge in this episode.

106. "Tonight, You're Going to Go Down In Flames, Just Like Jesse James!" The Final Seven travel to the Wild West at the O.K. Corral, for the most challenging Shoot-out showdown that any of them have experienced, with Bulma and Captain Retro both knowing that this is the ONE challenge that may determine who the Final Five will end up being! Another contestant is eliminated at the end of the challenge.

107. "The Long Run." The Final Six travel to Mongolia, where they must run on the very LONG Spice Road Trail, carrying a bunch of spices all the way on the Trail. Another contestant is eliminated at the end of the challenge. /

Expect to see these episodes HOPEFULLY, before the end of March! :excl: Enough said! ;)

6 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

So, I'm getting over my writer's block (finally!), so expect to see both "Karaoke Knight" (Power Rangers: Multiverse Force) and "Gone Troubleshootin'" (Paranoia) very soon.

I've got (metaphorical) pins and needles that I'm sitting on while waiting for this! :D Enough said!

SBC Honest Trailers

Seeing how we're midway through what would've normally been the typical fifteen-episode season, I'd like to throw out yet another reminder to get any requests you may have in. I have three planned slots, so that leaves nine open. Next planned trailer is Cerebus the Aardvark, but that can change if you so wish...

Spiriting Fluttershy's Dark Sky

Yup, this is going on break after tomorrow's episode. I had originally planned to put this on break after the fifth episode, but I felt the story called for a seventh episode before the time for that was right. Coincidence? :)

Edited by Metal Snake
  • Like 1

I'm finally starting to write "Shadows of the Night," my next "Total Cartoon Global Cruise" episode. Also, I have decided that my next "One Shot Story," which is parodying "Aladdin," will NOT take place in the Middle East, like the original, but will instead take place in a Steampunk Western version of California. This way, there will be nothing to potentially offend anyone from the Middle East!

Miss Appear -

"Sinisters" (3/17/17): "After Katherine's loved ones discover her disappearance, Analise heads to New Coral to seek out the aid of Johnny Flaire, who has become a costumed crime fighter named Captain Magma. Although Johnny is eager to help, a threat pops up in his city in the form of Sinister Slug, which forces him and Analise to delay their plans to find Katherine. Meanwhile, Vivian is yet again put in the hot seat, with both Detweiler and Marilyn questioning her on how she knew something would happen to Katherine."

• Like 1

Here's a long-overdue update for my stuff.

Mystic Guardians:

Even though I told some people already, Season 3 premieres April 15th. This is going to be a fun season, I'm excited for how the final product turns out. Here are the first five Season 3 titles as well:

Spoiler

53. The Muffin Mess

54. Nick: The Wizard

55. Partners in Crime

56. Mermaid Team Go!

57. I Hate Rotwell

Jjs' Riffing Theater 3000:

The final Killer Krab riff will finally be posted tomorrow. After that, we're riffing Mermaid Man: The Aquatic Avenger, JCM's closest thing to a personal shame. Let me know if interested in riffing. It is 13 chapters long, but all of them are very short.

Squid:

New episodes will resume again soon with pairs by people including Nuggets, Clappy, and me.

Skodwarde:

For upcoming episodes: 198 (both segments) will both be by Trophy, 199a is by Nuggets, and 199b is by Steel. No exact dates right now.

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 1

THE TEENJVERSE:

Miss Appear:

• Season 2 will end on April 7, 2017.
  • The show has been renewed for a third season consisting of eight episodes.

Team SpongeBob:

• The second half of Season 9 will premiere on April 21, 2017.
  • The show has been renewed for a Season 10
  • The first five episodes will be: 142. Royals, 143. Breakout, 144. Absolute Power, 145. Surrender, 146. The Universal Guardian.

The Quickster:

• The show will finally premiere this April.
  • More information will be released in it's own thread. 

Crossovers:

• Team SpongeBob and Miss Appear will have a two-part crossover later this year. More information will come as the time draws near. 

• Like 2