• Advertisement

Ice Age (series)

Jjs Goodman

I loved the first one.

The second one was alright for what it was.

The third was terrible.

The fourth doesn't look good.

Pretty much what Termi stated about animation films...well look no further than this franchise as a key example of milking a series for all its' worth.

I loved the first one.

The second one was alright for what it was.

The third was terrible.

The fourth doesn't look good.

Pretty much what Termi stated about animation films...well look no further than this franchise as a key example of milking a series for all its' worth.

I'd say Shrek is the prime example, with this and Madagascar not being too far behind. But yeah. Studios should realize that the audience that saw Shrek/Ice Age/Madagascar are grown up and don't want to deal with any sequels, they just want new movies. Introducing a franchise to a new audience doesn't seem like the best strategy to me, but I guess it's working for whatever reason (probably Hollywood thinking children are getting dumber so they don't care enough to produce new stuff and just rehash everything because they'll make their parents take them regardless, even though Hollywood is the one that's causing that... stupid Hollywood).

• Like 1

The first one scared the butt out of me when I was five. But I soon watched it, and liked it. Second was alright. Third one was lackluster. This one... eh. I have a friend who really likes these movies, so I'll grit my teeth and bear it for her.