• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Best Episodes Ever 2018!

Wumbo

Imitation Krabs: Hilarious episode, which has had so many copies throughout these years and yet only one episode to even get close to this episode's greatness (Married to Money). Not much else to say but that it's hilarious. Could potentially be in my top 50 but I'm using an outdated list so it's not gonna be listed on this.

Krusty Towers: Amazing episode with hilarious jokes, great characters, and great atmosphere/location. It's my favorite episode of Season 4 and it could honestly be a bit higher. Too bad post-movie didn't have any top 18 lol.

Pranks a Lot (#34)

Missing Identity (#32)

Valentine's Day (#50) 

Squid's Day Off (#43)

Plankton's Army (#33)

Employee of the Month (#40)

Mid-Life Crustacean (#36)

Survival of the Idiots (#35)

Something Smells (#39)

The Great Snail Race (#45) (Might be higher but whatever)

Rock Bottom (#49) 

Clams (#41)

The Fry Cook Games (#44)

Imitation Krabs (#20)

Life of Crime (#30)

50: ???

49: Club Spongebob (#42)

48: ???

47: ???

46: My Pretty Seahorse (#46)

45: ??? 

44: Fear of a Krabby Patty (#27)

43: ???

42: Big Pink Loser (#38)

41: ???

40: Have You Seen This Snail (#26) 

39: ???

38: ???

37: Squidville (#47)

36: ???

35: ???

34: Sailor Mouth (#22)

33: ???

32: ???

31: ???

30: ???

29: ???

28: ???

27: F.U.N (#48)

26: ???

25: ???

24: ???

23: No Weenies Allowed (#37)

22: SpongeBob Meets the Strangler (#29)

21: ???

20: Dunces and Dragons (#23)

19: Roller Cowards (#24) 

18: ???

17: ???

16: ???

15: ???

14: Krusty Towers (#19)

13: Snowball Effect (#25)  

12: ???

11: SB-129 (#28)

10: Mimic Madness (#31)

9: ???

8: ???

7: ???

6: ???

5: ???

4: ???

3: ???

2: ???

1: Just One Bite (#21)

17/50, 9/25

"Krusty Towers" made it to number 6 on my list, and I think the reason why I love it so much is a combination of its excellent humor, the great location, and the fact that it truly does feel like a pre-movie episode. It truly does have that classic SpongeBob charm to it, and so many amazing gags to boot. It is just a really, really awesome episode that I can't really find any issues with, which is why it landed so high on the list for me.

Edited by SpongeNicko
  • Sad 1

Screw the haters, I still love this episode.

50. ???

49. ???

48. ???

47. ???

46. ???

45. SB-129 (#28)

44. ???

43. Missing Identity (#32)

42. ???

41. ???

40. ???

39. ???

38. Sailor Mouth (#22)

37. ???

36. SpongeBob Meets the Strangler (#29)

35. ???

34. ???

33. ???

32. Just One Bite (#21)

31. Clams (#41)

30. ???

29. ???

28. ???

27. ???

26. ???

25. ???

24. Big Pink Loser (#38)

23. ???

22. ???

21. ???

20. Something Smells (#39)

19. Snowball Effect (#25)

18. ???

17. Squid's Day Off (#43)

16. Fear of a Krabby Patty (#27)

15. ???

14. Valentine's Day (#50)

13. ???

12. Imitation Krabs (#20)

11. ???

10. ???

9. Roller Cowards (#24)

8. Life of Crime (#30)

7. ???

6. ???

5. Krusty Towers (#19)

4. My Pretty Seahorse (#46)

3. ???

2. ???

1. ???

Not on List:

Rock Bottom (#49)

F.U.N. (#48)

Squidville (#47)

The Great Snail Race (#45)

The Fry Cook Games (#44)

Club SpongeBob (#42)

No Weenies Allowed (#37)

Survival of the Idiots (#35)

Pranks a Lot (#34)

Plankton’s Army (#33)

Mimic Madness (#31)

Have You Seen This Snail? (#26)

Dunces and Dragons (#23)

• Like 2
  • Happy 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to agree with The Boulder on this one. Don't get me wrong, I think "Krusty Towers" is a good episode, I just don't think of it as top 20 good! o.o Maybe top 40 would be a better place for it, but, it's the majority rule, so...this episode is a good example of how when season 4 could be good, it could be REALLY good! :D This is one of those plots that despite the ridiculous premise, it works because of the jokes, and because of the characterization of the characters within it! :cool: This is one of the few, rare examples where Patrick's obliviousness to Squidward's utter disdain and dislike for his job (especially having to be a hotel employee), is actually FUNNY and actually drives the plot forward! But when Squidward quits his job and decides to become a guest, that's when the episode REALLY gets good, and he gets to give Mr. Krabs a taste of his own medicine! :hysterical: The gag where they redesigned Squidward's room several times only to get it looking back the same way as when they STARTED, gets me every time! And even after everything Mr. Krabs has gone through, he's still willing to try the exact SAME idea again, only instead of making the Krusty Krab into a hotel, he wants to make it into a hospital at the end of the episode! :rolleyes: This is a really good episode, and I can't wait to see what other episodes make this list! Enough said! ;)

• God Himself 2

I literally can't say Can You Spare a Dime is one of my favorites and I wouldn't put it this high but it's an episode that does an excellent job with developing SpongeBob's good nature into frustration and anger and it doesn't effect his characterization. Him being enough of Squidward's shit made him an absolute sympathetic character throughout and I liked that this episode doesn't glority an unemployeed fool like Squidward was here. Mr. Krabs was beyond cheap and unfair here but I can let it slide. Definitely a great episode for exploring SpongeBob's other emoıtions and having fantastic humor.

"Can You Spare a Dime?" is another episode that came very close to making my Top 25 list, it probably would be like #27. It's an amazing episode, I love the role reversal of seeing Squidward annoying SpongeBob, it is a very nice change for once. Plus, it really is hilarious just HOW MUCH SpongeBob gets driven over the edge here. Another reason I love this episode, though, is because there's basically not a single moment of filler. Pretty much every scene that happens is tangibly related to the plot in some way. After seeing so many terrible post-movie filler episodes, seeing an episode like this where the pacing is great the whole time and the plot never comes to an abrupt halt truly is awesome. The title is awesome too, it being a metaphor for going broke as well as it being a reference to the old song "Brother, Can you Spare a Dime?". Not much else to say, just a fantastic episode that I'm glad made the list!

CYSAD is a perfectly structured episode when it comes to both humor and suspense. The opening starts things out really nice, and I like how it dives right into the action. That immediate cut from Squidward’s wishful dreaming to his homelessness in a box is so jarring and hilarious. But from there, the episode escalates like crazy. It’s absolutely amazing to see Squidward take insane advantage of SpongeBob’s hospitality, and how SpongeBob keeps trying to suppress his feelings. Once he finally loses patience though, this episode ascends to another level. First off, I love how demanding and expectant Squidward’s become over the months and how he literally treats SpongeBob like a maid. But most of all, SpongeBob’s frustrated pettiness is what makes the second act. “Two things that WOOOOOON’T WOOOOOORK!” “I made it special.” and him pulling out the job listings has to be one of the greatest strings of jokes in SpongeBob history. The puppet show onward has to be the best moment, I adore how bitingly sarcastic and hostile it is toward Squidward, and how it transitions into “Because when I need a JOB done, I get someone with a JOB to DO that JOB!” And finally, he just strangles Mr. Krabs, the culmination of all his frustration and anger over the months, and it’s glorious. Oh, and the ending wraps everything up really nicely by making everything sort of cyclical with the maid costume.

50. ???

49. ???

48. ???

47. ???

46. ???

45. SB-129 (#28)

44. ???

43. Missing Identity (#32)

42. ???

41. ???

40. ???

39. ???

38. Sailor Mouth (#22)

37. ???

36. SpongeBob Meets the Strangler (#29)

35. ???

34. ???

33. ???

32. Just One Bite (#21)

31. Clams (#41)

30. ???

29. ???

28. ???

27. ???

26. ???

25. ???

24. Big Pink Loser (#38)

23. ???

22. ???

21. ???

20. Something Smells (#39)

19. Snowball Effect (#25)

18. ???

17. Squid's Day Off (#43)

16. Fear of a Krabby Patty (#27)

15. ???

14. Valentine's Day (#50)

13. ???

12. Imitation Krabs (#20)

11. ???

10. ???

9. Roller Cowards (#24)

8. Life of Crime (#30)

7. ???

6. Can You Spare a Dime? (#18)

5. Krusty Towers (#19)

4. My Pretty Seahorse (#46)

3. ???

2. ???

1. ???

Not on List:

Rock Bottom (#49)

F.U.N. (#48)

Squidville (#47)

The Great Snail Race (#45)

The Fry Cook Games (#44)

Club SpongeBob (#42)

No Weenies Allowed (#37)

Survival of the Idiots (#35)

Pranks a Lot (#34)

Plankton’s Army (#33)

Mimic Madness (#31)

Have You Seen This Snail? (#26)

Dunces and Dragons (#23)

• Like 2

Unpopular opinion time, but if "Can You Spare a Dime?" came out POST-MOVIE, it would be seen as the enjoyable equivalent of "Ink Lemonade", or Spongebob's version of "Ink Lemonade", because there is LITERALLY not a moment of this episode that I can enjoy, OR find redeemable! o.o And the fact that Spongebob just RESIGNS himself to becoming a maid AGAIN when Mr. Krabs and Squidward get into an argument AGAIN, just KILLS any of the redeeming factor of Mr. Krabs hiring Squidward back COULD have had! :rolleyes:#TruthorSquarewasrobbed!

Enough said!

• Sad 1
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 5

This episode is perfect. I love the characters, especially SpongeBob being done with this shit. The humor in this episode is amazing too. 

38 minutes ago, 4EverGreen said:

Unpopular opinion time, but if "Can You Spare a Dime?" came out POST-MOVIE, it would be seen as the enjoyable equivalent of "Ink Lemonade", or Spongebob's version of "Ink Lemonade", because there is LITERALLY not a moment of this episode that I can enjoy, OR find redeemable! o.o And the fact that Spongebob just RESIGNS himself to becoming a maid AGAIN when Mr. Krabs and Squidward get into an argument AGAIN, just KILLS any of the redeeming factor of Mr. Krabs hiring Squidward back COULD have had! :rolleyes:#TruthorSquarewasrobbed!

Enough said!

post-8592-0-22045300-1530536642.png

Edited by President Squidward
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 5

Hot take, but I can't seem to stand "Can You Spare a Dime?" I can't say my piece for this episode on here, because I've already done that for this thread, and don't worry, my thoughts on the episode are more in-depth.

If anything else I can say, I can definitely understand why a lot of people adore this episode.

Edited by Steel Sponge
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

CYSAD and Ink aren't even close to comparable and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. Dime has characters with motivation, jokes that extend beyond le funny faces and a plot where the antogonist is actually portrayed as a leach on society who SpongeBob is fed up with instead of the person who wins in the end. It's pretty much an objectively better episode.

PS it was #16 on my list.

• Like 3
  • God Himself 3

The point that 4Ever was probably trying to make is that he didn't like the episode because it felt like SpongeBob Abuse.

I know this is coming from another guy who didn't like the episode, but I ought to point out that Squidward taking advantage of SpongeBob's hospitality was clearly there for the story and was not being played for laughs while "Ink Lemonade" plays Squidward's torture for laughs.

Edited by Steel Sponge
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • God Himself 1

For me, the "SpongeBob abuse" doesn't bother me at all here because the episode doesn't treat Squidward at all like he's in the right, the episode itself is funny, and really the "abuse" can kind of just be seen as the episode (since it is a role-reversal plot after all) showing what would happen if Squidward was the jerkish brat rather than SpongeBob. The episode does an incredible job with this role reversal plot, and the story is strong enough to the point where there's no filler. Ink, on the other hand, has a stupid plot to begin with, Patrick is clearly not being portrayed as the monstrous jerk that he acts like in the episode, and has stupid humor. I fail to see how the two of them are remotely comparable, and considering them on par in terms of quality (not saying you or anyone else said they were, I'm just making a statement here) is a joke IMO.

• Like 1

Can you spare a dime is an enjoyable episode, but I don't personally think it's top 20. That said...

17 hours ago, 4EverGreen said:

if "Can You Spare a Dime?" came out POST-MOVIE, it would be seen as the enjoyable equivalent of "Ink Lemonade"

tf

• God Himself 3