• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Best Episodes Ever 2018!

Wumbo

Ok in all seriousness and not joke-overexaggeration though, this episode is my favorite oof the whole series because it's the funniest episode imo, the characters are hilarious, the plot is great, the visuals and face expressions are great (you like krabby patties don't you squidward) and episode can be sorta relateable with trying to do something and hidiing the fact that you're doing it, or hating something and not trying it (that is so me XD) and people trying to have me try foods/me not liking a popular food and so on. Too bad it missed the top 20 though R.I.P

Pranks a Lot (#34)

Missing Identity (#32)

Valentine's Day (#50) 

Squid's Day Off (#43)

Plankton's Army (#33)

Employee of the Month (#40)

Mid-Life Crustacean (#36)

Survival of the Idiots (#35)

Something Smells (#39)

The Great Snail Race (#45) (Might be higher but whatever)

Rock Bottom (#49) 

Clams (#41)

The Fry Cook Games (#44)

Life of Crime (#30)

50: ???

49: Club Spongebob (#42)

48: ???

47: ???

46: My Pretty Seahorse (#46)

45: ??? 

44: Fear of a Krabby Patty (#27)

43: ???

42: Big Pink Loser (#38)

41: ???

40: Have You Seen This Snail (#26) 

39: ???

38: ???

37: Squidville (#47)

36: ???

35: ???

34: Sailor Mouth (#22)

33: ???

32: ???

31: ???

30: ???

29: ???

28: ???

27: F.U.N (#48)

26: ???

25: ???

24: ???

23: No Weenies Allowed (#37)

22: SpongeBob Meets the Strangler (#29)

21: ???

20: Dunces and Dragons (#23)

19: Roller Cowards (#24) 

18: ???

17: ???

16: ???

15: ???

14: ???

13: Snowball Effect (#25)  

12: ???

11: SB-129 (#28)

10: Mimic Madness (#31)

9: ???

8: ???

7: ???

6: ???

5: ???

4: ???

3: ???

2: ???

1: Just One Bite (#21)

16/50, 8/25

• Like 1

All the previous three missed my list but are great episodes. Dunces had a fun medieval adventure, Sailor Mouth focused on something that felt like a parental lesson to a child, and Just One Bite was Squid's adamant denial making him look like a hypocrite. All are great but Nick for the love of god it's been 17 years, start airing the deleted scene again.

I appreciate how well Dunces and Dragons took the medieval setting to its advantage here, since it works excellently. I enjoy how stereotypical yet likeably tongue-in-cheek the new world is and how well the main cast fits into it. My favorites are Gary as a leech, the Krabs family as royalty, and best of all, Squidward as a jester. Squidly’s songs are among the best parts of this episode. Not only are they funny, but they add a lot of character and provide exposition in a neat, creative way. Sandy as “The Dark Knight” is also a ton of fun. Her battle with SpongeBob is pretty awesome purely because of how wacky and unorganized it is. That dead realistic squirrel corpse is also hilarious. SpongeBob and Patrick themselves make for great reluctant heroes. It’s cool to see them try to adapt to their new environment, and end up spreading their knowledge of karate and Krabby Patties to the past in the process. The quest itself is already a ton of fun, but the showdown against Planktonamor is god-tier. I love seeing the whole team work together to rescue Princess Pearl, as well as the solution to defeating the dragon. That jellyfish net made for a great red herring, and I like how the Krabby Patties ended up saving the day in the end.

The idea of SpongeBob and Patrick learning “bad words” in Sailor Mouth is executed so well here. It’s great how the writers took complete advantage of being able to swear in a SpongeBob episode, and that each individual swear has its own different nautical sound.  I tell you, this episode becomes way funnier if you fill in actual swear words with the censors. I love the pair’s enthusiasm with having found a new word, at least according to Patrick’s interpretation of it. Everyone’s reactions when they hear the word being used in public are golden, too. However, I feel Mr. Krabs is the best character here. I like how seriously he takes the use of the words, and how he seems to have so much experience with them. The highlight is when he starts rattling off all thirteen of them and showing off his expertise. SpongeBob and Patrick also have strong performances here. I enjoy SpongeBob’s growing frustration as he keeps getting eels, and when the two are both yelling their arguments to Mr. Krabs until he finally has to physically grab their mouths to shut them up.

Oh man, Squidward in Just One Bite just fires on all cylinders. I love his stubbornness in the first act that affects him through the rest of the episode. I love how his pride gets in the way of his real opinion and he just forces himself to destroy the patty while SpongeBob just stands there in shock. I love his varied and individual expressions that represent his crazed personality perfectly. And finally, I love the desperate lengths he goes to just so he can have another patty. That’s probably my favorite part of him in this episode, especially since it makes for some great comedic scenes. That pained expression on his face while he watches SpongeBob wolf down his patty is absolute gold. Same with the shot of him eating garbage, and it’s revealed he ate everything but the patty. He’s not the only good character, though. I admire SpongeBob’s persistence at the beginning as well as the creative ways they show him popping around the Krusty Krab. His dawning realization that Squidward is hiding his love of Krabby Patties is great too.

50. ???

49. ???

48. ???

47. ???

46. ???

45. SB-129 (#28)

44. ???

43. Missing Identity (#32)

42. ???

41. ???

40. ???

39. ???

38. Sailor Mouth (#22)

37. ???

36. SpongeBob Meets the Strangler (#29)

35. ???

34. ???

33. ???

32. Just One Bite (#21)

31. Clams (#41)

30. ???

29. ???

28. ???

27. ???

26. ???

25. ???

24. Big Pink Loser (#38)

23. ???

22. ???

21. ???

20. Something Smells (#39)

19. Snowball Effect (#25)

18. ???

17. Squid's Day Off (#43)

16. Fear of a Krabby Patty (#27)

15. ???

14. Valentine's Day (#50)

13. ???

12. ???

11. ???

10. ???

9. Roller Cowards (#24)

8. Life of Crime (#30)

7. ???

6. ???

5. ???

4. My Pretty Seahorse (#46)

3. ???

2. ???

1. ???

Not on List:

Rock Bottom (#49)

F.U.N. (#48)

Squidville (#47)

The Great Snail Race (#45)

The Fry Cook Games (#44)

Club SpongeBob (#42)

No Weenies Allowed (#37)

Pranks a Lot (#34)

Plankton’s Army (#33)

Mimic Madness (#31)

Have You Seen This Snail? (#26)

Dunces and Dragons (#23)

• Like 3

"Just One Bite" managed to barely scrape my Top 25, being the 25th spot on my list. Still, I absolutely love this episode. The humor is top notch, the facial expressions are nothing short of pure awesomeness, the plot itself is very relatable to many (Like Wintermelon said), and I think this episode has some of the best lines in the whole series, "Does this look UN-sure to you?" and "You like Krabby Patties, don't you Squidward?" particularly stand out to me. Oh, and I love the ending where Squidward blows up after eating a ridiculous amount of patties in the party vault, be cause it's such a hilarious contrast to his attitude earlier in the episode where he wouldn't eat a Krabby Patty for anything, and now he ate so many that he blew up! Even without the deleted scene (And if that was still there the episode MIGHT have even made it a few spots higher on my list), the episode is still absolutely incredible and I'm glad to see it come close to the Top 20.

"Sailor Mouth" is *dolphin chirping* over-rated. "Just One Bite", however? How did that NOT make my list?! o.o Honestly, if "Truth or Square" TRULY doesn't make the list this time, I will FOREVER put "Just One Bite" in its spot GLADLY! :rolleyes: It's just such a great episode, that shows you how much you can really like something, if you only give it a CHANCE! :D Plus, there are so many visually great gags in this episode as well! :hysterical: The "Please, I have no soul" gag; "Does THIS look unsure to you?", gag; Squidward dreaming about having a Krabby Patty wife AND kid; "You like Krabby Patties, don't you Squidward?", gag; Squidward going over-board on the Krabby Patties, and having to go to the hospital as a result; and of course, this episode will forever be remembered as having the most NOTORIOUS cut to the episode in "Spongebob Squarepants" history, for the executives completely deleting the gasoline can/match gag that happened twice. But even with the cut, this is an episode that I'm glad made the list, and I can't wait to see what else is on it! :cool: Enough said, true believers! ;)

20. "Until I know who the real Mr. Krabs is, nobody moves, nobody gets hurt!"

Image result for imitation krabs

(i know this isn't a very representative image of the episode but come on how could i not)

Imitation Krabs, 148 points

(10 of 32 lists. Highest Ranking: #2, Trophy)

http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Imitation_Krabs

Trophy: I'm going to be completely honest: I love Plankton episodes. Each of my top 4 this year happened to be a Plankton episode, but this one as my second and my favorite have stayed as my top 2 for nearly half a decade while the others are new editions. Imitation Krabs is one of two episodes that are completely untouchable for my rankings, and it's always been a favorite. It has a pretty solid plot and uses SpongeBob's naivety in his trust of Mr Krabs to the extreme, and the interrogation scene where Plankton uses his knowledge of the Krusty Krab to his advantage was brilliant. While some may find the coin destruct a bit weak, it's honestly ironic enough for me to love it. Speaking of the humor, it is hands down the single best episode at comedy. From Plankton having to do this hour long routine, Krabs telling SpongeBob to not rip people's heads off, and even Squidward seeing the obvious phony and starting to care about it before taking his day off, every single bit of this episode shows greatness unlike no other but my absolute favorite. This may not be my number one, but I'll praise this episode just as much. Even though it's slowly climbing through the list, I'm glad to see this crack the top 20 and sincerely hope that one day it can even make the top 10. It fully deserves the recognition there.

jjs: Imitation Krabs has always been a hilarious and fun ride for me, enough to be #3 on my personal list. The concept of itself is a fun one, but what really sells it is the comedy and execution. Things like the Bikini Bottom National Anthem and SpongeBob's general shenanigans with Robo Krabs make this an entertaining episode. It's a really interesting insight into  how SpongeBob's naivety can be taken advantage of, and it manages to form a well-structured episode with this concept.

• Like 5
  • Happy 4

Imitation Krabs didn't use to be one of my all-time favorites but now I consider to be one. Such an imaginative and hilarious episode with some of Plankton's best performance. Plankton just kills it as Fake Krabs and everything revolving around SpongeBob and Plankton is comedy gold. Plankton is just natural at brining great lines to this show and this episode is full proof on it. I'm definitely glad it made this high on the list.

"Imitation Krabs" wasn't on my list, but it's still a very fun Plankton episode and one that I'm glad to see getting more recognition. Seeing SpongeBob be so naive and trusting of Krabs that he'll follow even a fake robot is absolutely hilarious, and unlike the rest of the "Plankton disguises himself as X" episodes, they do a great job mixing up this setup in creative and funny ways. Though it is a shame this episode got copied and was done much worse at least three times, the original episode here is a very charming classic and definitely deserves a Top 50 slot, even if I personally wouldn't rank it as #20.

Imitation Krabs is an episode I love purely because it's just loaded with humor. Some parts are so delightfully weird and surreal they end up being among the best jokes of the season. One of my favorites is the head enhancement clinic joke. I just find it so hysterical that he’d need a whole new body just because he was insecure about his head. SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs’ preparations to discuss the formula are also a highlight. I’m in love with how absurdly complicated and random they are and how frustrated Plankton gets at the end. There are also some more conventional jokes here I like, including the design of Robot Krabs. I enjoy how cheaply fake and horrible it looks, all the useless equipment it has built-in (the toaster disguise has to be my favorite), that damn exhaust pipe that helps really well with comedic timing, and the fact that SpongeBob somehow can’t tell the difference between the real thing. Characterization is pretty neat too. I like how SpongeBob goes completely berserk at the climax out of his determination to protect the Krusty Krab. It’s nice to see him take the initiative here after being bossed around all episode.

50. ???

49. ???

48. ???

47. ???

46. ???

45. SB-129 (#28)

44. ???

43. Missing Identity (#32)

42. ???

41. ???

40. ???

39. ???

38. Sailor Mouth (#22)

37. ???

36. SpongeBob Meets the Strangler (#29)

35. ???

34. ???

33. ???

32. Just One Bite (#21)

31. Clams (#41)

30. ???

29. ???

28. ???

27. ???

26. ???

25. ???

24. Big Pink Loser (#38)

23. ???

22. ???

21. ???

20. Something Smells (#39)

19. Snowball Effect (#25)

18. ???

17. Squid's Day Off (#43)

16. Fear of a Krabby Patty (#27)

15. ???

14. Valentine's Day (#50)

13. ???

12. Imitation Krabs (#20)

11. ???

10. ???

9. Roller Cowards (#24)

8. Life of Crime (#30)

7. ???

6. ???

5. ???

4. My Pretty Seahorse (#46)

3. ???

2. ???

1. ???

Not on List:

Rock Bottom (#49)

F.U.N. (#48)

Squidville (#47)

The Great Snail Race (#45)

The Fry Cook Games (#44)

Club SpongeBob (#42)

No Weenies Allowed (#37)

Pranks a Lot (#34)

Plankton’s Army (#33)

Mimic Madness (#31)

Have You Seen This Snail? (#26)

Dunces and Dragons (#23)

• Like 2

If "April Fools" doesn't make the list this time, I would have probably put either "Krab-Borg" or "Imitation Krabs" in its place. As far as "Imitation Krabs" goes, it's probably the best plan (at least, on paper), that Plankton has ever come up with, in trying to steal the Krabby Patty Secret Formula. Simply disguise himself as Mr. Krabs, and trick Spongebob into giving the Secret Formula to him! Too bad Plankton didn't count on just how complicated it would be just to GET the Secret Formula, or that the REAL Mr. Krabs would show up to complicate matters for him! In fact, the only REAL reason Plankton failed this time, was due to a POOR decision on his part, by making a coin-operated self-destruct, which cost EXACTLY one penny! o.o And I just LOVE how Squidward was able to see through Plankton's disguise SO easily, and was also EASILY bought off by Plankton giving Squidward the rest of the day off! :hysterical: I can't wait to see what other episodes end up making this list! :D Enough said! ;)

Yeah uh dude

This isn't what you were supposed to do, and I was okay with picking a crowd favourite for your #1 but had I known you did the whole list this way I honestly would not have counted it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, WumboJack Horseman said:

Yeah uh dude

This isn't what you were supposed to do, and I was okay with picking a crowd favourite for your #1 but had I known you did the whole list this way I honestly would not have counted it.

I didn't do my whole list that way! I specifically said that I picked MOSTLY pre-movie episodes, with some of my personal favorite post-movie episodes that I HOPED would get on the list, and that I could review them! But that hasn't been happening! I'm just SAYING, that if I had a chance to do my list all over again, I would have done it DIFFERENTLY! That's all I'm saying!

• Confused 2
  • God Himself 2

I get that you may be more inclined to pick episodes to make the list to fit in more with the consensus. Believe me, you of all people I can understand taking that position. But part of what makes these lists so great is the diversity of opinion and thought. I'd hate to see your list be completely overhauled in favour of episodes you think are going to make the list, rather than ones you want to make the list.

That goes for anyone, by the way.

• Like 8
  • Wow 1

Yeah. Honestly, if I was you, 4EverGreen, I would just pick the episodes that are my favorites and the ones that I truly want to see on the list. I get that it sucks when people bash on you for having an opinion (And I'm sure Wintermelon can vouch for you there too after that whole stupid "Mimic Madness" fight a few pages back), but I think it's best to just let that slide and pick whatever episodes you genuinely most want. Remember, what makes these lists great are the diversity of thought, and that won't change regardless if many people disagree with your picks or if there are even a few morons who bash you for having those picks. I don't mean to sound like I'm attacking you, all I'm saying is that, in the future, it might be more beneficial to choose episodes that you want to see make it rather than those you just EXPECT to make it.

• Like 2

19. "We shall never deny a guest, even the most ridiculous request!"

Image result for krusty towers

Krusty Towers, 151 points

(10 of 32 lists. Highest Ranking: #3, Clappy)

http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Krusty_Towers

SOF: this episode is great, from what I can tell, it has good jokes, the animation was decent, and all this Squidward vs Krabs slapstick is hilarious. I think the reason why it made me laugh a few times is that how everything was done in such a simple plot.

Overall, another good episode from s4 IMO.

OWM: Krusty Towers is one of the most fun, crazy and ridiculous episodes ever produced. The hotel itself is literally just twenty Krusty Krabs stacked up on each other, which is funny enough, but it only gets better. I like how everything that goes on in the hotel is completely dependent on the “deny no guest” plaque, and it gets taken to its full advantage. The best relationship in the episode has to be between Squidward and Patrick. Their entire scene at the front desk is absolute gold. Patrick’s complete unawareness is awesome and extremely quotable. “I didn’t know there’d be a test! I DIDN’T STUDY!” “This is a hotel?” Squidward having to put up with Patrick’s basic needs and getting nothing in return is fantastic as well. My favorite scenes have to be Squidward getting payment with a rock (and him motioning to throw it Patrick, lmao) and the peeled patty and how ridiculous it looks. Quotes are also everywhere here too. “I’m Squidward, and I have to work for a living!” “He said he didn’t wanna bother you. But he got over it!” However, this episode doesn’t truly pick up until Squidward makes the switch from employee to guest. His demands are even more hysterical and ridiculous, and I love seeing Mr. Krabs having to eat his own words while catering to Squidward’s every need. The misleading wordplay with the cheese, toenails and nose hair is a lot of fun, and also the Mrs. Tentacles scene. The misdirection there is so goddamn amazing and I love the way SpongeBob just smacks the bag with the shovel.

• Like 3
  • Happy 2
  • Wow 3