• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Best Episodes Ever 2018!

Wumbo

Krab Borg is not a top 15 episode. It's not even a top 15 season three episode. It's funny, but there aren't a ton of memorable moments, and it just didn't click with me the way the most of the episodes in the top tier of what I agree is the best season of SpongeBob did.

Krab Borg missed my list and I truly regret it. It's one of the most quotable episodes ever. SpongeBob and Squidward team up has always been fun but never like this. I love them thinking Mr. Krabs is a robot and them continously annoying him to a point that they tie him up and destroy his stuff. I love scenes of "I SURRENDER", SpongeBob thinking robots took over navy, boiled egg scene, "What if Gary's a robot?", "What color is my underwear" and the ending of Squidward awkwardly swiping the floor. This episode is packed with tons of great jokes and great dynamic that I hate that this missed my list. It's such a strong season 3 episode and one of the funniest episodes ever.

• God Himself 1

Krab Borg made it on mine at 18th and it has made the top 25 before but seeing it so close to the top 10 is a surreal feeling as just a few years ago I thought I'd be one of few to really love it and call it one of the classics. The dynamics in Krab Borg are completely solid with a great Squid/SpongeBob teamup, and the ending revealing they went through all of that due to SpongeBob's sleepless induced paranoia forgetting the events of the movie was hilarious. Other bits such as Squid's father, "not the navy!", our world, and more make this a worthy episodd of top 10 contention and I thought I'd never see the day where it would actually happen.

"Krab-Borg" has a lot going for it that makes it a good episode, and I am filled with SUCH regret that I didn't put it on my list! :blush: The concept of Spongebob being paranoid about robots, is one of those plots that had it been done post-movie, between seasons 6-8, it probably would have been done horribly. But because it's in season three, the concept is handled completely seriously. Even though the audience knows that there are no robots, we can understand how Spongebob thinks that Mr. Krabs is a robot. He sees him talking to his radio, making weird 'beeping' sounds, and doing a weird robot dance. And every-time Spongebob says something about what robots can't do, Mr. Krabs doesn't do it! o.o Of course, Squidward ONLY becomes convinced when Mr. Krabs comes out of his room, looking like he has piercing red eyes, has pincers for hands, and runs on batteries (or at least, that's how it appears). I also think the following line is funny. "Who's watching the CASH REGISTER?!" :hysterical: That's what Mr. Krabs was so concerned about! While I don't understand how Mr. Krabs could raise a cash register from just a little calculator, it does show that Mr. Krabs IS sentimental, as he loved it and shared laughs with it! :cool: This is a good episode, and I can't wait to see what other episodes make it onto this list! :D Enough said! ;)

1 hour ago, 4EverGreen said:

The concept of Spongebob being paranoid about robots, is one of those plots that had it been done post-movie, between seasons 6-8, it probably would have been done horribly.

Imagine if Ink Lemonade was in season 2-3, it would have been godly.

• Confused 1
  • God Himself 4

The Algea's Always Greener is one of those episodes that knows how to do "What If" concept so well. Imagine If Plankton was the owner of Krusty Krab. It's such an interesting thought that is explored in this episode. I loved that SpongeBob and Squidward stay same, except their dedication is to Plankton and Pearl is suddenly Plankton's daughter. There's not even Karen in Krusty Krab and he actually wears clothes. It's not just a good "What If" episode, it's also an excellent rose reversal episode with Mr. Krabs being the villain and for the first time, Plankton gets to experience how it is difficult to fight with himself. I especially love how Mr. Krabs doesn't wear clothes same way Plankton usually never wears. I loved that Plankton slowly fed up with the costumer and his employees and all he wanted to spend time was with patties (also this episode makes better jokes about being in love with a patty than that episode). I love the comedy in this, especially the repeated part of Krabs always trying to steal the formula and Plankton being done with this. Holografic meatlook looks yummy as well. Sadly this episode missed my list but I highly appreciate this one for being a role reversal "What If" episode with tons of comedy and highlighting Plankton and Mr. Krabs.

• Thanks 2

Krab Borg: Great and hilarious episode, but I don't think it's top 15 worthy by any stretch. There are definitely better episodes out there that could've made this #13 slot. Still, it is a classic episode with a lot of funny moments, and I'm sure this episode is somewhere on, like, my Top 75 for the show.

The Algae's Always Greener: WOO! I'm so glad this incredible episode made it this far this year! It was #4 on my list, and seeing it almost make the top 10 makes me so happy! This episode is awesome for so many reasons. For one thing, just the concept of Plankton switching lives with Mr. Krabs is a great one, it's a unique concept and gives way for a cool and hilarious alternative dimension for SpongeBob. And that's exactly what we get! Secondly, Plankton is absolutely AMAZING in this episode! It's one of the few episodes in which we see his desires stretch beyond just him wanting the formula once again, and it's great to see Plankton in Krabs's shoes. But really, what makes this episode golden in my eyes, is the JOKES. This episode has TONS of them, and nearly all of them land greatly for me! I'm not joking when I say that this could very well be among the Top 3 quotable episodes this show has ever produced! So yeah, an amazing plot, wonderful and unique characterization of Plankton, and incredible comedy all combine to make this one of my Top 5 favorites of this entire show, and I can't stress enough just how glad I am to see that it has made this far!

Krab Borg has an absolutely ridiculous yet brilliant premise.. I like how SpongeBob’s conclusion that Krabs is a robot is entirely based on all these unrelated events, which are all hilarious both separately and together. His out-of-context lines in particular are incredibly quotable. "I FEEL COMPLETELY RECHARGED!", his silly beeping noises, and him talking about his "little buddy" are my personal favorites. I also love the way Squidward gets dragged into these shenanigans so unwittingly, up until he actually becomes more of an aggressor than SpongeBob. I guess that makes it another “Squidward gets over-involved in something stupid” plot, and there’s no better way to show that then him interrogating and destroying random appliances.

Algae was once my favorite episode of all time, and for good reason. Its comedy is completely on point. I love seeing Plankton’s struggle to adapt. It’s cool to see how his aggressiveness and introversion translates horribly to the climate of the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob and Squidward also have great roles here. It was hilarious to see them both struggle with their new positions, as brief as the scene was. “OH MY GOODNESS! SQUIDWARD!” “I SOILED THE GOOD KRUSTY KRAB NAME!” SpongeBob in particular has to be my favorite character here. I laugh at how overly exaggerated his personality is in the alternate world, his fierce obedience to the restaurant and its rules, and his constant seeking of Plankton’s approval. Mr. Krabs, however, is completely awesome. Funny how Plankton fits into Mr. Krabs’ life so horribly, but Mr. Krabs fits into Plankton’s life perfectly. His schemes and tricks become so much funnier when a giant naked crab is doing them all. Plankton’s quote of “GOOD GRIEF, HE’S NAKED!” says everything. The ending is also very sweet. I love Plankton’s newfound appreciation for his old life.

50. ???

49. ???

48. ???

47. ???

46. ???

45. SB-129 (#28)

44. ???

43. Missing Identity (#32)

42. ???

41. ???

40. ???

39. ???

38. Sailor Mouth (#22)

37. Pizza Delivery (#14)

36. SpongeBob Meets the Strangler (#29)

35. ???

34. ???

33. ???

32. Just One Bite (#21)

31. Clams (#41)

30. ???

29. ???

28. ???

27. Idiot Box (#16)

26. ???

25. ???

24. Big Pink Loser (#38)

23. ???

22. ???

21. ???

20. Something Smells (#39)

19. Snowball Effect (#25)

18. ???

17. Squid's Day Off (#43)

16. Fear of a Krabby Patty (#27)

15. ???

14. Valentine's Day (#50)

13. ???

12. Imitation Krabs (#20)

11. ???

10. ???

9. Roller Cowards (#24)

8. Life of Crime (#30)

7. ???

6. Can You Spare a Dime? (#18)

5. Krusty Towers (#19)

4. My Pretty Seahorse (#46)

3. ???

2. ???

1. ???

Not on List:

Rock Bottom (#49)

F.U.N. (#48)

Squidville (#47)

The Great Snail Race (#45)

The Fry Cook Games (#44)

Club SpongeBob (#42)

No Weenies Allowed (#37)

Mid-Life Crustacean (#36)

Survival of the Idiots (#35)

Pranks a Lot (#34)

Plankton’s Army (#33)

Mimic Madness (#31)

Have You Seen This Snail? (#26)

Dunces and Dragons (#23)

Welcome to the Chum Bucket (#17)

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V (#15)

Krab Borg (#13)

The Algae's Always Greener (#12)

• Like 1

"The Algae's Always Greener" made it HIGH on my list this year; all the way at #4! :D After a "Typical day of failure", as Karen puts it, Plankton goes home, and has to settle for "Holographic meatloaf again!" And he wishes that, "I wish I COULD be successful like Mr. Krabs. I wish that somehow I could just switch LIVES with him! Just to know what it's like!" And Karen suggests: "Than why don't you just use that, Switch-lives-just-to-know-what-it's-like-omacrofier thingy you built last Tuesday!" :hysterical: (Spit-take!) Plankton says: "What a brilliant idea! YOUR parents must have been like, part computer or something!" :rolleyes: And even though Plankton and Mr. Krabs have basically reversed roles, everybody else pretty much remains in character! Like Squidward, when he says: "If YOU think I'm going to stand out there ALL day, listening to--." Spongebob jabbers and SOMEHOW sprouts two mouths! o.o Squidward finishes: "Than you must have coral wedged in your frontal lobe!" And thanks to "Tutor Sauce", we now see just WHY Pearl WAS so hurt when Plankton only gave her ONE dollar, Mr. Krabs was willing to give her twenty! And Plankton's reaction to seeing Mr. Krabs, was just priceless! :cool: And the prospect of having to deal with Mr. Krabs, when he says: "Even if I have to come back tomorrow! And the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, AND the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day--." Spongebob says: "Phone call for you Mr. Plankton!" Mr. Krab continues: "And the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day--." Cause Plankton to scream: "It's not WORTH it! It's just not worth it! Good-bye everyone, I'll remember you all in therapy!" This episode is SO funny, I'm glad to see it make this list! I can't wait to see what other episodes end up making this list! Enough said! ;)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 4EverGreen said:

"The Algae's Always Greener" made it HIGH on my list this year; all the way at #4! :D After a "Typical day of failure", as Karen puts it, Plankton goes home, and has to settle for "Holographic meatloaf again!" And he wishes that, "I wish I COULD be successful like Mr. Krabs. I wish that somehow I could just switch LIVES with him! Just to know what it's like!" And Karen suggests: "Than why don't you just use that, Switch-lives-just-to-know-what-it's-like-omacrofier thingy you built last Tuesday!" :hysterical: (Spit-take!) Plankton says: "What a brilliant idea! YOUR parents must have been like, part computer or something!" :rolleyes: And even though Plankton and Mr. Krabs have basically reversed roles, everybody else pretty much remains in character! Like Squidward, when he says: "If YOU think I'm going to stand out there ALL day, listening to--." Spongebob jabbers and SOMEHOW sprouts two mouths! o.o Squidward finishes: "Than you must have coral wedged in your frontal lobe!" And thanks to "Tutor Sauce", we now see just WHY Pearl WAS so hurt when Plankton only gave her ONE dollar, Mr. Krabs was willing to give her twenty! And Plankton's reaction to seeing Mr. Krabs, was just priceless! :cool: And the prospect of having to deal with Mr. Krabs, when he says: "Even if I have to come back tomorrow! And the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, AND the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day--." Spongebob says: "Phone call for you Mr. Plankton!" Mr. Krab continues: "And the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day--." Cause Plankton to scream: "It's not WORTH it! It's just not worth it! Good-bye everyone, I'll remember you all in therapy!" This episode is SO funny, I'm glad to see it make this list! I can't wait to see what other episodes end up making this list! Enough said! ;)

? We both put this episode at the same spot on our lists! Awesome! :)

• God Himself 1

11. "Listen here, ya little barnacle. No one, and I mean no one can ever know about this. It'll be the end of you, it'll be the end of me. And worst of all, it'll be the end of me!"

Image result for nasty patty spongebob

Nasty Patty, 184 points

(15 of 32 lists. Highest Ranking: #3, crushing)

http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Nasty_Patty

BeachBob: For a long time, this episode along with Dying for Pie used to be my favourite episodes. Not incidentally, they both deal with characters thinking they killed someone. Very dark humour that would shock me to pass in a kids show were always a thing I admired. Now, Nasty Patty I just loved because of the grim atmosphere and the mature themes that SpongeBob has to deal with. Also the music, the faces and the suspense make it great everytime I watch it. The greyness and the rain throughout this episode along with the visuals make for a chilly experiance, in a good way. What more can I say? I wish SpongeBob had more episodes like this. Season 2 and 3 already do a good job exploring the darker themes, and lately, I find myself loving that classic era more then what came after. The atmosphere is just not comparible. This episode has the personalities of SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs just perfectly right, and outsmarts and surprises the viewers with it's dAark twists. Later seasons would never make me feel that way. Now I really just want to go back to watch my favourite episodes from the classic era ❤️

Wumbo: In the realm of gothic storytelling, this is the best example SpongeBob has to offer us. SpongeBob would never dare to go this dark again and have it work so well. What makes it really work are SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs themselves. To see these two characters go through such a harrowing trip of guilt, fear, and horror really sets the mood for the episode and sets up some great character interaction. The episode really comes together when the police get involved and Mr. Krabs and Spongebob have to constantly be on the defensive. As I think I've said before, I like episodes that feature deception, and this episode is all deception from start to finish, from the report of the phony health inspector to Spongebob and Krabs' creation of the nasty patty to their cover-ups from the police. It's one of the most exciting plots the show has to offer with gruesomely funny examples of dark humour. SpongeBob trying to maneuver around with this unconscious body stuffed in his hat is so wrong, and yet so right. This one took a bit to grow on me, but at this point I couldn't imagine not having it on my top 25. There's no episode that does what this one does so well.

• Like 6
  • Happy 1
  • Thanks 1
  • God Himself 1

Nasty Patty is absolutely fantastic. Even if it didn't make my Top 25, I'm sure it is definitely somewhere on my Top 50. This episode is a shining example of how to do a dark and morbid (and even slightly gross) episode correctly. The humor here is amazing, and the episode in general just gets everything right. Not much more to add, I think both BeachBob and Wumbo described why this episode is so great brilliantly.

"Nasty Patty" managed to squeak into my episode list this year, at #24. I have a feeling that it would be a LOT harder for an episode of this nature to be made today, let alone for a children's cartoon show! :rolleyes: This show managed to actually touch on the taboo subject of possible MURDER and subsequent cover-up, that would be practically IMPOSSIBLE to try to get away with these days, considering all of the different controversial events that have happened since this episode segment first aired! o.o When Mr. Krabs hears that there is a fake Health Inspector on the loose, he immediately jumps to the conclusion that the guy at the restaurant MUST be the fake Health Inspector! So Mr. Krabs decides to teach him a lesson, by giving him a NASTY Krabby Patty (which in retrospect, doesn't look as bad when compared to Squidward's patty in "The Algae's Always Greener", or Patty, once it got bad in "To Love a Patty"). But the Health Inspector never actually EATS the patty (probably for the best), and instead chokes on a fly, slips on some food, and HITS his head against the table! So when Mr. Krabs and Spongebob find out that THEIR Health Inspector IS real, and they find him unconscious, they jump to the conclusion that the Nasty Patty KILLED him! This episode shows just how easily Spongebob's nerves can get unraveled, when he thinks that he aided and abetted his boss in a possible MURDER! Of course, it REALLY gets hard for him when the cops show up, and when they have to actually TRANSPORT the Health Inspector back to the Krusty Krab! Of course, I always find the line: "There is no ice! There's never BEEN any ice! Ice is just a myth!", line, really funny; as well as: "He wears curlers to bed!" "WAIT! It's not what you think!" :hysterical: And the iconic line: "AHHH!!!! It's the ZOMBIE!!!!" :D This episode showed that dark comedy COULD work in a children's cartoon when utilized correctly, and it's probably going to be a long time (if ever), that we'll get to see an episode of this nature, ever being made again. I can't wait to see what other episodes end up making this list! :cool: Enough said, true believers! ;)

Algae was my number 6 and yet another Plankton episode in my top 10, as him having the krabby patty but going insane was done well. The funniest part was unintemtional, but I love him being too amazed by the situation to take that chance to see the actual formula if they tasted the same. It's just funny to see him being too caught up in the other antics like Squidward as a chef and Krabs' persistence actually driving him insane.

The best part of Nasty Patty is that they don't beat around the bush. They show Tge Inspector getting beaten up, choking, and SB & Krabs have a great dynamic in thinking they both actually killed him them tried to stuff his dead body in a freezer. It's completely insane for a kids show, avoids feeling like it went too far, and makes me wonder how Nick let it slide. It was great enough to slide into my number 7 spot this time.

• Like 2

TOP 10 GET HYPE

10. "You, doodle. Me, SpongeBob!"

Image result for frankendoodle

Frankendoodle, 188 points

(12 of 32 lists. Highest Ranking: #2, CDCB)

http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Frankendoodle

BeachBob: Another personal favourite of mine. When actually, there was no explanation given for why the drawings came to life, this episode doesn't really make you wonder why. It's just freaky, and this is another one of those episodes that has a horror element in it. I love it when the mysterious clone that is Doodlebob wants to take SpongeBob's place, and for a second you can really feel the suspense of the two fighting. When SpongeBob says he feels that Doodlebob was like his sun, I get goosebumps. So again, for me the atmosphere and the originality really make this episode great. It doesn't ever get boring, and while this episode's sequel 'Doodle Dimension' isn't as entertaining as the original, I feel blessed the writers have let us know not to have forgetten this piece of history.

More: I just love this kind of sandbox episode. It’s crazy to think that something as seemingly simple as drawing, snow or sand can have unlimited possibilities in what it can do for a story. Frankendoodle is a comedic goldmine. Every joke is on-point and quotable, no matter whether it’s in or out of context. Patrick actually steals the show the time he’s here, with famous one liners like “Finland!” and “Where’s the leak ma’am”, to the times he pretends to sound like an art critic but ends up being rude, to when he indirectly insulted SpongeBob by jeering at DoodleBob’s ugly looks, all so charmingly silly and stupid. DoodleBob is without a doubt the show’s best one-time character. There’s a  bit of irony in that DoodleBob behaves exactly the way SpongeBob drew him, an incomprehensible blob designed to prank people. He gives the episode so much escalating tension with the threat of erasing SpongeBob entirely, he really takes the unlimited possibilities of the pencil to an extreme as he uses it to make ditches, bowling balls and sharp weapons, a far cry from the silly sketches SpongeBob initially drew. It’s only helped with the perfect use of score to set the mood and how it’s all juxtaposed to the comedy. Of course I just have to love how well the “Artist at Sea” backstory was handled. It even ends with a surprisingly solid lesson about being lost in an unfamiliar world and the confusión it causes. It’s amazing that this episode was loved so much that we got a tie-on Drawn to Life game and even a sequel. (Doodle Dimension was greatly inferior, but let’s not talk about that). Glad to see it’s in our Top 10 and it’s one I don’t regret ranking in my Top 5. 

• Like 5
  • Funny 1