• Advertisement

Display Names

Guest hilaryfan80

Guest hilaryfan80

I have some unfortunate news for everyone on SBC. Due to reasons that I cannot explain just yet, we will have to remove the ability to have display names. This is something that is not in our direct control, so it gives me great pain to announce that we will have to phase out display names.

You'll have until September 11th to think of a permanent name to keep, and then we'll make the name change item available for free from September 12th-15th. After September 15th, name changes will not be allowed anymore unless there's a huge circumstance, and PM a staff member if that ever happens. We will understand.

Think long and hard on your permanent name, because you'll be keeping it for the future.

Guest hilaryfan80

Like JCM, I also think this will make it easier to know who everyone is.

My only question is what happens to SWYAD's

We may be able to keep SWYADs as they are, but what's happening is display names and usernames are being merged. Changing a display name barely does anything, but changing your username changes a lot of stuff, so there may be problems with SWYADs and changing your username. The area that it hurts the most is SpongeCraft, where you have locked chests and doors under your name. We'll just have to see what happens.