• Advertisement

Display Names

Guest hilaryfan80

We may be able to keep SWYADs as they are, but what's happening is display names and usernames are being merged. Changing a display name barely does anything, but changing your username changes a lot of stuff, so there may be problems with SWYADs and changing your username. The area that it hurts the most is SpongeCraft, where you have locked chests and doors under your name. We'll just have to see what happens.

One question about SpongeCraft, you know how people use the SC Client and people use the MC Client (like me), will this name change thing have anything to do with 1.8 people?

• Like 1

Guest hilaryfan80

One question about SpongeCraft, you know how people use the SC Client and people use the MC Client (like me), will this name change thing have anything to do with 1.8 people?

No, this won't impact people who use the MC client. It would only impact the SC client people.

I'll go back to my original name, SpongeBob's #1 Fan, thank you very much!  Also, so, that's why I keep having to log in under my original name!  Also, when will you be able to explain those reasons, Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick?

Edited by Mordecai From Regular Show

Guest hilaryfan80

I'll go back to my original name, SpongeBob's #1 Fan, thank you very much!  Also, so, that's why I keep having to log in under my original name!  Also, when will you be able to explain those reasons, Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick?

That's a good question. If you're a Loyal Customer, you would know why. If not, I'll let you know this much: it's because of something later this month. Of course, I'll announce why later on when that happens why, but all you need to know now is that:

1. I have tried in every way possible to make it work and it didn't;
  2. This change was not something that was caused by anyone on SBC, and cannot be changed unless I were to make a strong burden.

As you can see, this is something that's completely out of my control. I do apologize. It's just something that we have to do. As other members have noted, this might actually be a good change for SBC since this will make knowing who is who a lot easier.

You can call me hilaryfan80 btw. :P

Just bumping this to remind people that starting tomorrow, Name Changes will be free if you want to make any last changes until September 15th.

I won't say anymore on what is happening to those who aren't Loyal Customers, but we can alternatively keep Name Changes. However, I have to issue a huge warning with it. When our surprise happens, if you change your name (if we do keep the item), it will change your login name as well. As hilaryfan80 said, display names and login names are being merged together, so if you were to change your name when our surprise launches, you must login with that new name. Right now it is set so that the name you used to join with is what you login with, even though your display name might be different. I hope this clears up any confusion or concerns people had. Like I said, we can keep Name Changes, but it comes at a heavy concern. We don't want to get a thousand "I CAN'T LOGIN!" complaints, so we hope people will remember to login with their new name, but we know not everyone might, it happens.

• Like 2